Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,642 members, 7,861,970 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:13 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7545) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8867767 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7542) (7543) (7544) (7545) (7546) (7547) (7548) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:31am On Jan 25, 2020
eph12:

I can't find that stat. If you find it, let us know

What do you think about the stat you posted?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:34am On Jan 25, 2020
patrickmuf:
Larride, it is obvious Elampiro just want to argue. Liverpool's attacking play is a function of the unit collectively...Van Dijk with one pass can open up the opposition defense, we don't have that at United. Robertson and Arnold are a big part of their attacking play, we don't have that too.
Our midfield when fit can do a job but only our first choice, an injury to one or two of our preferred starters and our midfield is in ruins.

In attack, I want to believe that under the right set up, Rashford and Martial can be as productive as Mane and Salah maybe not exactly but they'd offer much more.

So Dijk can pass better than Pogba?

How many tines last season and even in august this season that Pogba will make a long pass and Rashford first touch will take it sideways? So many through balls by James.

Passing also depends on who is capable of making use of it in a difficult situation
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:36am On Jan 25, 2020
Stop comparing world class Mane and Salah to upcoming Rashford and Martial. Those guys in Liverpool are Ballon D'or products.

Mane might miss big chances but go and check, he must have dribbled defenders to such position in most of the times, not necessarily due to pass.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:40am On Jan 25, 2020
Neymar and Messi at one point were missing the highest number of big chances in Laliga. But one thing, they were the ones dribbling their ways into such positions to begin with.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:44am On Jan 25, 2020
elampiro:

So Dijk can pass better than Pogba?

How many tines last season and even in august this season that Pogba will make a long pass and Rashford first touch will take it sideways? So many through balls by James.

Passing also depends on who is capable of making use of it in a difficult situation
I am comparing Van Dijk passing ability with our CBs and not midfielders.

Thought balls by which James?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:44am On Jan 25, 2020
In Man United, the players who have created the most chances this season are Attacking Midfielders followed by Central Midfielders with Rashford and Young.

It is not like the attackers are even creating the most.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:45am On Jan 25, 2020
elampiro:
Stop comparing world class Mane and Salah to upcoming Rashford and Martial. Those guys in Liverpool are Ballon D'or products.

Mane might miss big chances but go and check, he must have dribbled defenders to such position in most of the times, not necessarily due to pass.
Not true, in their match against Everton, he missed 3 big chances courtesy of through balls from Henderson.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:58am On Jan 25, 2020
patrickmuf:
I am comparing Van Dijk passing ability with our CBs and not midfielders.

Thought balls by which James?

Player.............Minutes played .....Assists
Maguire..............15058................9
Dijk......................17098................4

Maguire has only Assisted 1 since coming to United. He Assisted 7 in Leicester and Hull. 1 for England in the world cup.

Dijk only started Assisting or has Assisted when he played in Liverpool for Ballon D'or candidates like Mane and Salah. Previous club nil. Netherlands nil.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:02am On Jan 25, 2020
patrickmuf:
Not true, in their match against Everton, he missed 3 big chances courtesy of through balls from Henderson.

How do you know those were big chances? Do you know how a big chance is recorded?

Henderson has created 7 big chances this season. You mean 3 came in one match against Everton?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 9:20am On Jan 25, 2020
Elampiro and Shalaye

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:27am On Jan 25, 2020
elampiro:

How do you know those were big chances? Do you know how a big chance is recorded?

Henderson has created 7 big chances this season. You mean 3 came in one match against Everton?
Elampiro, I watch most of Liverpool and City games, I see how much chances their strikers miss yet they end up scoring 2 - 3 goals. I don't need your stat sites to tell me what I see regularly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:42am On Jan 25, 2020
elampiro:

What do you think about the stat you posted?
Other strikers in the league have more big miss, can afford to because their team will dominate and create more chances

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:43am On Jan 25, 2020
patrickmuf:
Elampiro, I watch most of Liverpool and City games, I see how much chances their strikers miss yet they end up scoring 2 - 3 goals. I don't need your stat sites to tell me what I see regularly.

Then you no sabi watch ball

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:44am On Jan 25, 2020
elampiro:
Neymar and Messi at one point were missing the highest number of big chances in Laliga. But one thing, they were the ones dribbling their ways into such positions to begin with.
One thing about barca is that the team wins the ball back very quickly. Most times they win it in the opposition half. Of course you expect such team to create more chances, and lose more chances.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:48am On Jan 25, 2020
eph12:

Other strikers in the league have more big miss, can afford to because their team will dominate and create more chances

What if those players are responsible for the big chances in the first place due to their dribbling? A team with Messi or Maradona or Pele or Ronaldinho will create more chances due to their threat and dribbling in the attacking area.

See those teams that parked bus against us, it is Martial, James, Rashfird and Pereira duty to break them down with dribbling, close control etc. Park bus against Mane, Salah, Gabriel, Silva they will find a way. Even Nani those days.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:22am On Jan 25, 2020
Elampiro is just busy yarning dust.

It’s easy to see that he doesn’t watch Liverpool games. Imagine talking about Salah dribbling to create his chances or even Mané that has missed 15 big chances was dribbling to create chances.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 10:31am On Jan 25, 2020
larride:

It’s easy to see that he doesn’t watch Liverpool games. Imagine talking about Salah dribbling to create his chances or even Mané that has missed 15 big chances was dribbling to create chances.
Salah that ordinary Young used to lock down undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 10:49am On Jan 25, 2020
Somebody showed you the stats of BIG CHANCES MISSED this season

Because you know this stat won't favor your argument, you decided to ask for THE PERCENTAGE OF BIG CHANCES MISSED

grin grin grin grin grin

Have a great weekend, Elamps baba cool

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 11:33am On Jan 25, 2020
elampiro:

Then you no sabi watch ball
Meaning wetin nitori olohun grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:18pm On Jan 25, 2020
eph12:

One thing about barca is that the team wins the ball back very quickly. Most times they win it in the opposition half. Of course you expect such team to create more chances, and lose more chances.

The fear that Messi, Suarez and co will wreck havoc on the opposition defence makes the other team and midfield to seat back in their half when they are playing Barca. Same with with Liverpool. But United, even relegation teams know that our attack is easily tamed. So they can venture
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:32pm On Jan 25, 2020
larride:

Salah and Mane have been closed to winning the Ballon D'or but where is any of our attackers?

Salah and Mane >>>> Rasfford and Martial. What I see these guys do, Mane, Salah, Sterling, is their ability to make the opposition defence get confused when they approach them zigzagly on the run. They know what to do where it matters most. Rashford is a very good dribbler on the run, but once in the tight box area he gets confused. Martial is weak far from the goal but a better dribbler near the opposition box with his close control. But none has what it takes to cause the big confusion with swift movement and close control in opposition box area

Missing big chances is not such an important stats compared to creating big chance. A player can miss a big chance he created for himself.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:35pm On Jan 25, 2020
obainojazz:
Salah that ordinary Young used to lock down undecided

Phil Jones once locked down Robben and Ribery at Old Trafford. He also did a decent job against Madrid inthe UCL in Spain. It didnt take a way the world class from the those players.

So if you are asked to choose, you will pick Martial and Rashford over Salah and Mane?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:41pm On Jan 25, 2020
elampiro:

What if those players are responsible for the big chances in the first place due to their dribbling? A team with Messi or Maradona or Pele or Ronaldinho will create more chances due to their threat and dribbling in the attacking area.

See those teams that parked bus against us, it is Martial, James, Rashfird and Pereira duty to break them down with dribbling, close control etc. Park bus against Mane, Salah, Gabriel, Silva they will find a way. Even Nani those days.
And what is the duty of the other players against park the bus teams elampawa grin?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:43pm On Jan 25, 2020
elampiro:

The fear that Messi, Suarez and co will wreck havoc on the opposition defence makes the other team and midfield to seat back in their half when they are playing Barca. Same with with Liverpool. But United, even relegation teams know that our attack is easily tamed. So they can venture
Supporting cast and style of play does not matter? Don't let Messi and barca bots swear for you o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:46pm On Jan 25, 2020
izzou:
Somebody showed you the stats of BIG CHANCES MISSED this season

Because you know this stat won't favor your argument, you decided to ask for THE PERCENTAGE OF BIG CHANCES MISSED

grin grin grin grin grin

Have a great weekend, Elamps baba cool

I never argued that Mane is a better scorer than Rashford. But Mane is a better forward. He and Salah had a better ball control skill, quality first touch and positional sense. So they will ordinary invite passes more than our forwards.

Big chances missed doesn't reflect the quality of forward. Van Persie missed the highest number of big chances (23) in the EPL in 2012/2013 when we won the league. He won the golden boot that year. He was the best striker in the league but missed the highest number of big chances. In contrast, Rooney only missed 8 Chicharito 10

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 12:47pm On Jan 25, 2020
elampiro:

Phil Jones once locked down Robben and Ribery at Old Trafford. He also did a decent job against Madrid inthe UCL in Spain. It didnt take a way the world class from the those players.

So if you are asked to choose, you will pick Martial and Rashford over Salah and Mane?
Salah is not that good at dribbling... Rashford might even grow to be better than him.
Liverpool style suits Salah, he won't do Jack in Barcelona or most teams.. Liverpool defenders and midfielders always makes sure the ball gets to the box or close to the box as quickly as possible...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:48pm On Jan 25, 2020
eph12:

And what is the duty of the other players against park the bus teams elampawa grin?

Even the goalkeeper has a duty in a build up play, but it is the primary duty of the forward players to break down defence.

Mind you, elampawa is nit my moniker. You may be inviting a fight if you choose to go that angle.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 12:49pm On Jan 25, 2020
elampiro:

I never argued that Mane is a better scorer than Rashford. But Mane is a better forward. He and Salah had a better ball control skill, quality first touch and positional sense. So they will ordinary invite passes more than our forwards.

Big chances missed doesn't reflect the quality of forward. Van Persie missed the highest number of big chances (23) in the EPL in 2012/2013 when we won the league. He won the golden boot that year. He was the best striker in the league but missed the highest number of big chances. In contrast, Rooney only missed 8 Chicharito 10
Ferdinand was saying how fergie scolded them that they should ensure the ball gets to Van Persie always... No matter where they are, they always looking for Van Persie...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:56pm On Jan 25, 2020
obainojazz:
Ferdinand was saying how fergie scolded them that they should ensure the ball gets to Van Persie always... No matter where they are, they always looking for Van Persie...

Every coach does that. Depending on how a player is more likely to score. It is a common tactics sense. Which coach tells a player to give ball to a player that is unlikely score?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 1:05pm On Jan 25, 2020
elampiro:

Every coach does that. Depending on how a player is more likely to score. It is a common tactics sense. Which coach tells a player to give ball to a player that is unlikely score?
So You can see why Van Persie has the highest chances missed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:06pm On Jan 25, 2020
elampiro:

Even the goalkeeper has a duty in a build up play, but it is the primary duty of the forward players to break down defence.

Mind you, elampawa is nit my moniker. You may be inviting a fight if you choose to go that angle.
1. Nobody here has ever claimed that Rashford, Martial and James or Greenwood are at par with mane, salah and firmino. Not to talk of being better.
2. You're underestimating the importance of the extra bodies in attack especially against teams that sit back.
3. When a player is looking to cross, its ideal to have 1 or 2 more players in the box aside the striker. That's where the midfielders or defenders come in, depending on the moment
4. That's rarely the case when we play. In the past we had Ronaldo, Rooney, Teves, Saha, Chicha arriving at the box. At a time, Fletcher was doing that and delivering the goals.
5. In case you've forgotten, this is a gentle reminder. It's always important to have extra bodies in attack especially against teams sitting back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:08pm On Jan 25, 2020
There are some areas I have agreed or partially agreed with you. I am not just arguing to win argument. I have said our set pieces look weak to me. So may be we can give Kudos to Arnold. Nevertheless, we were scoring set plays last season when we had Fellaini, Lukaku and Smalling. Which makes one to ask, what has happened? We still have Mata who can cross well

(1) (2) (3) ... (7542) (7543) (7544) (7545) (7546) (7547) (7548) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.