Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,529 members, 7,850,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:23 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7660) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8838583 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7657) (7658) (7659) (7660) (7661) (7662) (7663) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 5:50pm On Mar 01, 2020
Am scared of this Chelsea now oo... We cant get ahead of them.....
What's happening embarassed embarassed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:51pm On Mar 01, 2020
larride:

Are you just following football today?

All sane players when they are in an offside position avoid the ball. As long as the ball doesn’t touch them, it’s not an offside offense.

Oga this is not the rule. Haba!!!

A player in an offside position making movements which deceive an opponents ability to save a goal is different from what you described up there. Once you movements causes confusion to the way a defender or goalkeeper would have prevented a goal, it is offside.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 5:52pm On Mar 01, 2020
elrony:

grin grin grin grin

Taste of their own medicine.

E sweet me die!
Like. I dont understand the tears. VAR fücked both sides this season. Move on.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Botfuss: 5:55pm On Mar 01, 2020
I’m still trying to understand what happened in the second half. We were completely outplayed.

Wan bissaka can be frustrating in attack . I almost cried at a point. We need right wingers badly.

We’ve had like 6 chances to close the gap between Chelsea and guffed. We should just focus on winning Europa league. Seems our sure bet.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 01, 2020
elampiro:
This is clear enough.

Once folks have made up their mind on a particular thing, there isn't much you can do to change it. Let it slide.

Match has ended 1-1, we move.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 5:56pm On Mar 01, 2020
larride:

All sane players when they are in an offside position avoid the ball. As long as the ball doesn’t touch them, it’s not an offside offense.
Which match sir?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 01, 2020
ChristineC:
grin grin grin
I'm surprised football fans don't know basic football rules.

that's really tough lipsrsealed

cheesy grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 5:57pm On Mar 01, 2020
wman:
Chelsea Opportunities for United to Close the Gap via Gameweek (since NOV):

13: Chelsea L | United D
14: Chelsea L | United D
17: Chelsea L | United D
21: Chelsea D | United L
23: Chelsea L | United L
24: Chelsea D | United L
25: Chelsea D | United D
28: Chelsea D | United D
When ur forwards refuse to be clinical, this is what happens.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 5:58pm On Mar 01, 2020
rationalmind:

What difference did it make? Take that guy completely off the floor and it still would have been a goal
That's where the issue is. You can't take him off there. He found himself there. Nobody's business. It's part of the game.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 5:59pm On Mar 01, 2020
benedictilemona:
he made a move wic led to d goal dats y its an offside
He is very crucial to the goal in this situation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:00pm On Mar 01, 2020

The changes to the offside rule explained...

31/07/15
Referee Steven McLean explains how the offside rule will be different next season

With the new season comes another change to the offside rule. We explain what the tweaks are with the help of a referee...

So what is the difference this season to the previous campaign?

Well essentially, if a player has a shot at goal and a team-mate in an offside position makes a play for the ball – even if they do not touch it – the goal will now be disallowed.

Scottish Football Association referee Steven McLean explains it all for us here by talking through the exact amendments to the old rule...

“No, it’s a simple change really to interfering with an opponent."

Can you give a brief explanation of the change in the law?

“When a player makes an obvious action which clearly impacts on his opponent’s ability to play the ball, then he will be penalised as offside.”

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9930438/the-offside-rule-change-explained-with-the-help-of-a-referee

Larride, see Skysports explanation in 2015 when it was introduced.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Botfuss: 6:00pm On Mar 01, 2020
Bruno was double marked in the second half, that nullified our threat a great deal. Martial has to be the laziest player I’ve ever seen.

Ole sef couldn’t change his tactics for once. The guy remains a suspect honestly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 01, 2020
Expert17:
Am scared of this Chelsea now oo... We cant get ahead of them.....
What's happening embarassed embarassed

It's funny though.. multiple opportunities to surpass them, yet it keeps getting trashed. Wolves ain't slowing down either....

Both teams still have tough fixtures coming up though, anything can happen, hopefully, it favors United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 6:01pm On Mar 01, 2020
Expert17:

I just dey pity Ighalo.....time is running out for him to earn a permanent contract......
He miss one against Chelsea, ....today again
He dey try sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:02pm On Mar 01, 2020
Lana1:
Like. I dont understand the tears. VAR fücked both sides this season. Move on.

I don't even know why they are arguing, mans clearly raised his legs to allow the ball a clear path. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:03pm On Mar 01, 2020
wman:
Chelsea Opportunities for United to Close the Gap via Gameweek (since NOV):

13: Chelsea L | United D
14: Chelsea L | United D
17: Chelsea L | United D
21: Chelsea D | United L
23: Chelsea L | United L
24: Chelsea D | United L
25: Chelsea D | United D
28: Chelsea D | United D

ChristineC see the sad trend angry cry cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BenNash: 6:03pm On Mar 01, 2020
elampiro:

It is off. His body movement deceived the keeper. DeGea already anticipated the ball would hit him and divert. That is the rule

The ball hit maguire and moved In another direction.

Richardson didn't distract Degea in anyway. Rather it was maguire. It was a clean goal. Let's be truthful abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 6:03pm On Mar 01, 2020
We made De gea the highest paid goal keeper in the world and he is making school boy errors......
Made 2 errors in this same stadium last season, ...he made another error in this same fixture at Old Trafford this season....

Am tired
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 6:05pm On Mar 01, 2020
BenNash:

Richardson didn't distract Degea in anyway. Rather it was maguire. It was a clean goal. Let's be truthful abeg.
Naso una go testify wrongly against una self for court thinking you are truthful, but you were just ignorant.
Even Everton players no argue like this. grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:10pm On Mar 01, 2020
Speaking to Sky Sports News HQ at the Premier League launch, Riley said: "Previously a player to be in an offside position and be penalised, they would have to touch the ball or play the ball.

"The IFAB (International Football Association Board) has clarified this. They now say to be considered to be offside the player has to make a clear attempt to play the ball, be close to the ball and have an impact on the opponent, or to make an obvious action to have an impact of the opponent.

THE SCENARIO: A memorable 5-3 win for Spurs but they didn't star very well after conceding an early goal. Eden Hazard's mazy run ended in a shot against a post, with Oscar firing the ball back towards Diego Costa who tapped in the opener.

THIS SEASON’S DECISION: Offside.

RILEY SAYS: This is a good example as how the law of interpretation has changed. Last season this was penalised as offside as the Tottenham player didn’t touch the ball but you can see as the cross comes over, the goalkeeper can’t decide whether to commit to diving in front of Costa or dive to try to save the ball. It impacts on his decision making. Costa is close to the ball, makes an attempt to play the ball and he makes an impact on the goalkeeper's decision, so Costa would be penalised for being offside

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9935364/former-referee-dermot-gallagher-backs-offside-rule-change

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:12pm On Mar 01, 2020
BenNash:

Richardson's action affected DDG's decision. These are settled rules since 2015. How come you guys don't know them? Look at my last post above

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BenNash: 6:14pm On Mar 01, 2020
larride:

Like I don't understand. Everyone dropping rules like they just started watching football. Na today players wey dey offside position dey dodge ball. Once he's not interfering with the play it's a goal.

And saying Degea could have saved that ball is a pure lie. Someone was even saying Degea knew the ball will hit maguire and was already making the move. Everyone making different excuses to what end?

That I'm a United fan doesn't mean I shouldn't say the truth when I see it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:16pm On Mar 01, 2020
Is De Gea deliberately making these mistakes? Cos I don’t understand...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:17pm On Mar 01, 2020
GloryIsaac:

It's funny though.. multiple opportunities to surpass them, yet it keeps getting trashed. Wolves ain't slowing down either....

Both teams still have tough fixtures coming up though, anything can happen, hopefully, it favors United.
If we are still in it after we play Spurs then we might still have a chance.
We are slowly getting our tough games out of the way.

Chelsea still have to play Wolves, Everton, City and Liverpool.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:19pm On Mar 01, 2020
Leyqute:
We still have plenty guys wey their head no correct for this club.

Ole should just close eye and bench him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:20pm On Mar 01, 2020
BenNash:

Like I don't understand. Everyone dropping rules like they just started watching football. Na today players wey dey offside position dey dodge ball. Once he's not interfering with the play it's a goal.

And saying Degea could have saved that ball is a pure lie. Someone was even saying Degea knew the ball will hit maguire and was already making the move. Everyone making different excuses to what end?

That I'm a United fan doesn't mean I shouldn't say the truth when I see it.

Bro you are the one sounding like you don't know the rules. That action affected DDG's decision making. Once it is like that, it is an offside

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:22pm On Mar 01, 2020
Leyqute:

Person wey stake 50k pounds on Home first goal. grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 01, 2020
Lana1:
If we are still in it after we play Spurs then we might still have a chance.
We are slowly getting our tough games out of the way.

Chelsea still have to play Wolves, Everton, City and Liverpool.

Exactly why we've got a chance to get into top 4.
The main issue is, will United take advantage of Chelsea's bluffs?

Ole needs to improve his in-game management, Ancelotti clearly beat him to it today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 6:30pm On Mar 01, 2020
Lana1:
When ur forwards refuse to be clinical, this is what happens.

Have you started to ring Ighalo's bell? grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:34pm On Mar 01, 2020
elampiro:

THIS SEASON’S DECISION: Offside.

RILEY SAYS: This is a good example as how the law of interpretation has changed. Last season this was penalised as offside as the Tottenham player didn’t touch the ball but you can see as the cross comes over, the goalkeeper can’t decide whether to commit to diving in front of Costa or dive to try to save the ball. It impacts on his decision making. Costa is close to the ball, makes an attempt to play the ball and he makes an impact on the goalkeeper's decision, so Costa would be penalised for being offside

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9935364/former-referee-dermot-gallagher-backs-offside-rule-change

My last explanation to help those who do not understand the rules. The above is an explanation by the chief of referees.

Richardson was on the way of the ball. Not just close to it but on its way. This caused DDG not to commit to diving for the ball behind Richardson because it was going for a deflection.

Richardson did not only not touch the ball but made a gesture or body movement which further compounded the confusion of the David DeGea.

1. The closeness of Richardson to the ball alone calls for an offside in the new rules.
2. His body was blocking the flow of the ball which could change its trajectory
3. He made a gesture which confused the goalkeeper.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 6:42pm On Mar 01, 2020
elrony:

ChristineC see the sad trend angry cry cry
well let's take consolation that we've actually moved closer no matter the pace grin grin
at least we were about 11 points away at some stage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7657) (7658) (7659) (7660) (7661) (7662) (7663) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.