Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,217 members, 7,849,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:22 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7665) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8834847 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7662) (7663) (7664) (7665) (7666) (7667) (7668) ... (14208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 03, 2020
jackest1:
Food for thought

Well, the only reason this seems to favor Dean is DDGs schoolboy mistakes. Hopefully, he can rectify that, maybe benefitting from a two week rest.

I highly doubt United will cash in on him for Dean though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:45pm On Mar 03, 2020
David Ornstein: "Manchester United really want to sign [Jadon] Sancho. Ed Woodward is very keen on it. It's delicate because we don't know if United will be playing in the Champions League next season."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:47pm On Mar 03, 2020
David Ornstein: "We don't know if that [Champions League qualification] is a prerequisite of Sancho — he could make that move [to Manchester United] on the hope that within one season he could be playing in the Champions League."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:47pm On Mar 03, 2020
David Ornstein: "As things stand, I think Manchester United are looking the most likely option [for Jadon Sancho], but so much can change."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:48pm On Mar 03, 2020
"The indications are that the Jadon Sancho deal is not for Chelsea, whether that's around money, Champions League qualification or the saturation of wing players."

- David Ornstein
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 2:13pm On Mar 03, 2020
afrodoc2:

Yes. Since Martial has decided to keep blowing hot and cold we need to get another CF. I would not spend on defence for now. A CF, a RW, 1 midfielder (if Pogba stays) or 2 midfielders (if Pogba goes).
What would you do about Garner? Send him on loan or promote him fully?
He was phenomenal again yesterday...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:17pm On Mar 03, 2020
pharod:

Garner needs to go on loan, perhaps German League or a mid-table Club in the Premiership with 100% Assurance of being a Starter, week in week out, bar Injury.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:51pm On Mar 03, 2020
CapitalCee:

Martial has occasional quality in him, the best is to get a good competition for him, he shouldn't be an undisputed starter, ole should have started Ighalo last match. Few minutes he was in, he made dangerous runs that disorganised Everton defence. We sorely missed Rashford! God!

For DDG, i was crying in the summer to get rid of him quickly or at least not to give him that contract. BOOM! a huge pay, I was surprised as was this an appreciation for the wonderful years his had with us or a reflection of his current ability? The former seems true for me. The signs are very clear, DDG is not even among the top 10 GK in the league, never mind the world. I think the best is absolve the loss and move on. But this has happened to us one too many times. Rooney, Sanchez and now DDG, when shall we learn?
DDG is not among the top 10 goalies in the league? Let's see your top 10 please.

DDG is going through a bad patch, it happens to every player not named Messi or Ronaldo. I remember when Rooney was struggling to do even the basics for a period of time before he scored that screamer against City.

DDG is the least of our problems right now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:02pm On Mar 03, 2020
Chrisus:

Or how PSG bought Mbappe for 180m

You for no answer that guy. He exchanged his brain for aboki perfume. Zero sense to his posts.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:09pm On Mar 03, 2020
pharod:

Probably a loan. Very soon reserve football will be too easy for him but i don’t think he is ready yet for the EPL’s physicality.
A good plan might be Championship or German Bundesliga for 1 season then replace Matic in 2021.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 4:17pm On Mar 03, 2020
patrickmuf:
DDG is not among the top 10 goalies in the league? Let's see your top 10 please.

DDG is going through a bad patch, it happens to every player not named Messi or Ronaldo. I remember when Rooney was struggling to do even the basics for a period of time before he scored that screamer against City.

JOKE of the year............

If we wanna mention our top 5 problems rite now, DDG will be there,......

Sir Alex Ferguson wud have bench him ( after his numerous mistake in his early days at old trafford, he was benched for Anders Lindegarrd), and Jose Mourinho wud hv done same.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 4:22pm On Mar 03, 2020
afrodoc2:

You for no answer that guy. He exchanged his brain for aboki perfume. Zero sense to his posts.

My bad grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:18pm On Mar 03, 2020
Expert17:

Sir Alex Ferguson wud have bench him ( after his numerous mistake in his early days at old trafford, he was benched for Anders Lindegarrd), and Jose Mourinho wud hv done same.
Mention please.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 5:57pm On Mar 03, 2020
Found weedtaker

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 6:09pm On Mar 03, 2020
Everybody keep absolving DDG because of what he had supposedly "done" for us in d past.R u kidding me?.He did it for free abi?lf he was nt performing well den there r always goalkeepers to replace him.Now every players DAT had help us in d past shud b kept even if dey r costing us games?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 6:24pm On Mar 03, 2020
Expert17:

Bros, in this board, there are players that even if they are dropping 1/10 or 2/10 every match you are not allowed to point it out. They are: Martial, DDG and Lindelof. Once you point our their flaws you will be lynched. Pogba used to be in this category until it became obvious that he is taking us for a ride, another is Herrera who wanted to Mug us of 300k/week until he was allowed to go to PSG to be benched Gueye(who is not even first choice mind u). But let James, Mctomminay, Matic, Shaw or Rashford put in anything average, you will never hear the last of it. They will be calling on Ed to offload them to the championship

Stop wasting your time trying to convince people who see black and call it white. Someone who ridiculously put his team 1 goal behind at goodison park at 2 minutes is not a problem? Degea has lost us a whooping 7 points this season just from his direct errors, i dont want to even talk about matches where he concedes from a routine shot.
Juxtapose the number of goals from setpieces we conceded this with the number of aeriel claims from our GK, check the number of headed clearances from our defenders and compare it to other teams, and someone said its less of our problem.
So Guardiola that quickly dropped Joe hart and then Bravo for Ederson, who said GK is least of his problem?, considering that the GK losses him 8 to 10 points per season from direct errors ALONE. Klopp spent big on Alisson, if it was Fergie, DDG wont be the first choice this season after he cost us top 4 last season. Even Wenger who is known to give benefit of doubt quickly dropped Lehman versus Liverpool in 2005 just after his heroics in the invincible season. And someone is saying DDG is least of our problem? Wait first! Did DDG do half of what Cech did at Chelsea? But he was immediately dropped when he became fidgety.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 6:33pm On Mar 03, 2020
afrodoc2:

Probably a loan. Very soon reserve football will be too easy for him but i don’t think he is ready yet for the EPL’s physicality.
A good plan might be Championship or German Bundesliga for 1 season then replace Matic in 2021.

For me Championship is better, a top championship side that could be promoted. It worked for Henderson and Tuanzebe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2020
[b][/b]
CapitalCee:

Bros, in this board, there are players that even if they are dropping 1/10 or 2/10 every match you are not allowed to point it out. They are: Martial, DDG and Lindelof. Once you point our their flaws you will be lynched. Pogba used to be in this category until it became obvious that he is taking us for a ride, another is Herrera who wanted to Mug us of 300k/week until he was allowed to go to PSG to be benched Gueye(who is not even first choice mind u). But let James, Mctomminay, Matic, Shaw or Rashford put in anything average, you will never hear the last of it. They will be calling on Ed to offload them to the championship

Stop wasting your time trying to convince people who see black and call it white. Someone who ridiculously put his team 1 goal behind at goodison park at 2 minutes is not a problem? Degea has lost us a whooping 7 points this season just from his direct errors, i dont want to even talk about matches where he concedes from a routine shot.
Juxtapose the number of goals from setpieces we conceded this with the number of aeriel claims from our GK, check the number of headed clearances from our defenders and compare it to other teams, and someone said its less of our problem.
So Guardiola that quickly dropped Joe hart and then Bravo for Ederson, who said GK is least of his problem?, considering that the GK losses him 8 to 10 points per season from direct errors ALONE. Klopp spent big on Alisson, if it was Fergie, DDG wont be the first choice this season after he cost us top 4 last season. Even Wenger who is known to give benefit of doubt quickly dropped Lehman versus Liverpool in 2005 just after his heroics in the invincible season. And someone is saying DDG is least of our problem? Wait first! [/b]Did DDG do half of what Cech did at Chelsea?[b] But he was immediately dropped when he became fidgety.
You dropped good points o. But you see this bolded here, I think you're just being emotional. Ddg did more than half of the things cech did at Chelsea. At a certain time sef, he was singlehandedly saving you guys ass
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 6:49pm On Mar 03, 2020
CapitalCee:

So Guardiola that quickly dropped Joe hart and then Bravo for Ederson, who said GK is least of his problem?, considering that the GK losses him 8 to 10 points per season from direct errors ALONE. Klopp spent big on Alisson, if it was Fergie, DDG wont be the first choice this season after he cost us top 4 last season. Even Wenger who is known to give benefit of doubt quickly dropped Lehman versus Liverpool in 2005 just after his heroics in the invincible season. And someone is saying DDG is least of our problem? Wait first! Did DDG do half of what Cech did at Chelsea? But he was immediately dropped when he became fidgety.

100% right.....

De gea will still make another error this season, .....
I don't trust him, anything relating to corners, free-kicks, PK, even ordinary shot....
De gea need correct benching....Romero can come in for some games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 6:55pm On Mar 03, 2020
patrickmuf:

Allison, Ederson, Leno, Schmeichel, Dubraska, Heaton, Henderson, Pope, Fabianski and Rui Patricio. I dont want to add Kepa who is benching him in Spain.
For Me the best GK in EPL is Nicky Pope. For 3 seasons that guy has been ridiculously posting top performances.

Rooney scored the overhead kick in 2010/2011 season, he wasnt struggling AT ALL. that was the season Rooney said he wants out and infact he is going to City, he was sulking all through, immediately his contract was sorted out he was back to his best. Infact Fergie for the first have to virtually BEG Rooney, something he has never done before. After that episode, Fergie started scouting for Rooney's replacement, when he finally got RVP, Rooney became absolutely dispensable, infact Fergie benched and substitute him indiscriminately, strip him of penalty taking and made it absolutely clear to him that he is not the main man. When Fergie was retiring he told Moyes not renew Rooney's contract, that he should offload Rooney. Moyes didn't have the courage and gave Rooney an astronomical wage contract. That became a very grave mistake, just like this current DDG contract.

DDG is not having a rough patch ogbeni, since 2018 world cup DDG has been dropping clangers and conceding from tame shots, he does that with constant regularity, thats is not a rough Patch. Lehmann, Cassillas, Barthez, Cech and Oliver Khan had these things. Not everyone will do a Buffon and Van der Sar.
Messi and Ronaldo dont go through bad patch for 2 years, once they do that, their contract will be reviewed. You are just being sentimental with DDG. I didnt see you say that Matic was having a bad patch for 2 years when suggesting he should be sold.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 7:00pm On Mar 03, 2020
Jodera:
[b][/b] You dropped good points o. But you see this bolded here, I think you're just being emotional. Ddg did more than half of the things cech did at Chelsea. At a certain time sef, he was singlehandedly saving you guys ass

Then you didn't watch Petr Cech at Chelsea......

. Conceded just 21 goals in 38 games, that's in a season
. Highest clean sheet in EPL history
. Highest clean sheet in a season.
.Had one of the longest run without conceeding a goal in EPL.
. Won numerous Golden gloves
. was part of the best defence in EPL history

Cech is rated alongside Peter schiemel and Edwin Vanderser as all time EPL best keepers........ De gea is way below please
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by spillo1: 7:13pm On Mar 03, 2020
Expert17:

Cech is rated alongside Peter schiemel and Edwin Vanderser as all time EPL best keepers........ De gea is way below please

LMFAO....You don't know what you are saying. Cech was nothing more than a good keeper behind a Solid defense. He did nothing close to when De gea was singlehandedly winning us points on a regular basis. All these Wikipedia analyst self.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 7:15pm On Mar 03, 2020
Jodera:
[b][/b] You dropped good points o. But you see this bolded here, I think you're just being emotional. Ddg did more than half of the things cech did at Chelsea. At a certain time sef, he was singlehandedly saving you guys ass

Then you didnt know Cech, go and check his stats for Chelsea then come back. That there are other outstanding players like Lampard, Drogba, and Terry during chelsea hey days does not mean Cech did not have a huge impact on their winnings. Cech make ridiculous saves, save penalties, put in his body and even almost lost his life against reading in 2006. Cech is in top 3 all time best GK in EPL history, go and check the record books. So because Van der sar and Schmeichel did not "Singlehandedly" win trophies for us, they are not as great as DDG?
You think i dont like De gea? All of us like him, but guy something is at stake here, Lose top 4 consistently and you wont attract good players and when it continues for years you become a team of also-rans and may decline never to recover. Like i said earlier, Fergie will never retain De gea this season. Keane, Stam, Van Nistelrooy, and Beckham clear examples. We cant because he Singlehandedly saved us before, then drag us to obscurity.
Do you remember Ranieri and Leicester city?
Pochetino and Spurs?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:19pm On Mar 03, 2020
CapitalCee:

Allison, Ederson, Leno, Schmeichel, Dubraska, Heaton, Henderson, Pope, Fabianski and Rui Patricio. I dont want to add Kepa who is benching him in Spain.
For Me the best GK in EPL is Nicky Pope. For 3 seasons that guy has been ridiculously posting top performances.

Rooney scored the overhead kick in 2010/2011 season, he wasnt struggling AT ALL. that was the season Rooney said he wants out and infact he is going to City, he was sulking all through, immediately his contract was sorted out he was back to his best. Infact Fergie for the first have to virtually BEG Rooney, something he has never done before. After that episode, Fergie started scouting for Rooney's replacement, when he finally got RVP, Rooney became absolutely dispensable, infact Fergie benched and substitute him indiscriminately, strip him of penalty taking and made it absolutely clear to him that he is not the main man. When Fergie was retiring he told Moyes not renew Rooney's contract, that he should offload Rooney. Moyes didn't have the courage and gave Rooney an astronomical wage contract. That became a very grave mistake, just like this current DDG contract.

DDG is not having a rough patch ogbeni, since 2018 world cup DDG has been dropping clangers and conceding from tame shots, he does that with constant regularity, thats is not a rough Patch. Lehmann, Cassillas, Barthez, Cech and Oliver Khan had these things. Not everyone will do a Buffon and Van der Sar.
Messi and Ronaldo dont go through bad patch for 2 years, once they do that, their contract will be reviewed. You are just being sentimental with DDG. I didnt see you say that Matic was having a bad patch for 2 years when suggesting he should be sold.
Leno, Dubraska, Fabian ski, Heaton all better than De Gea.

Well, it's your opinion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 7:19pm On Mar 03, 2020
Expert17:

15 goals in 2004/2005 season that record stands till today. That season he did not concede for 1025 minutes, a record. Until Vaan der sar broke it in 2009 with 1311 minutes spanning 13 matches. Although i feel Van der sar was better but the general debate i think is between Schmeichel and Cech who is better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 7:23pm On Mar 03, 2020
spillo1:

LMFAO....You don't know what you are saying. Cech was nothing more than a good keeper behind a Solid defense. He did nothing close to when De gea was singlehandedly winning us points on a regular basis. All these Wikipedia analyst self.

You are talking nonsense boy. Its either you are a Kid, you started watching football recently or you know nothing about football, for you to say that Cech is just a good keeper. I will not argue with you go find your level
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Unlimited22: 7:24pm On Mar 03, 2020
Jodera:
You dropped good points o. But you see this bolded here, I think you're just being emotional. Ddg did more than half of the things cech did at Chelsea. At a certain time sef, he was singlehandedly saving you guys ass
Something dey worry you?

Taa mechionu osiso
Skimpledawg airmark ibime nihilistjnr blueangel444 come look at this MOFO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 7:25pm On Mar 03, 2020
patrickmuf:

Well, it's your opinion.

Its not my opinion, on current form, they are better than him, except you only check livescore
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by spillo1: 7:25pm On Mar 03, 2020
CapitalCee:

[s] You are talking nonsense boy. Its either you are a Kid, you started watching football recently or you know nothing about football, for you to say that Cech is just a good keeper. I will not argue with you go find your level [/s]
LMFAO...Don't ever call me boy again. I will leave you to wallow in your ignorance
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Unlimited22: 7:26pm On Mar 03, 2020
Expert17:

Actually it's 15 in the 04/05 season. A record that stands to this date
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:27pm On Mar 03, 2020
patrickmuf:

Well, it's your opinion.

My biggest problem with DDG is his inconsistency. World class today, clown tomorrow.

Strikers can be inconsistent but GKs and CBs can’t.
Inconsistency breeds confusion and panic in a back line.
A goalie who gives you constant 7/10 is more valuable than one that swings from 9 to 3.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 7:30pm On Mar 03, 2020
spillo1:

De gea first season at Man utd he played behind Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra...... He kept on, fumbling, ... Making errors, ..... So don't even bring in that strong defensive line here......

So Cech didn't singlehandedly win games for Chelsea??

From day one till now, ....De gea hs bn poor in set piece, .....

Cech was not just winning Golden gloves, he was also included in EPL team of the season........
Remember when Joe hart was winning the golden gloves and De gea was the one included in EPL team of the season......thats when you can say defence was helping Joe hart......because most times, ... Highest clean sheet is always on the EPL team of the season

(1) (2) (3) ... (7662) (7663) (7664) (7665) (7666) (7667) (7668) ... (14208) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: MRTA7 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.