Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,057 members, 7,838,682 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7958) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8801023 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7955) (7956) (7957) (7958) (7959) (7960) (7961) ... (14184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 10:40am On Jul 05, 2020
Oasis007:

Any solid Name out there Doc?!

Do we want a deputy for Pogba or a deputy for Bruno. That is the million dollar question.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 10:43am On Jul 05, 2020
Naso we take Forget Herrera for this thread shocked shocked shocked

He must be kicking himself right now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:45am On Jul 05, 2020
Nezzjnr:
Naso we take Forget Herrera for this thread shocked shocked shocked

He must be kicking himself right now

Herrera my guy

Kicking himself with 300k per week grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:46am On Jul 05, 2020
afrodoc:

Do we want a deputy for Pogba or a deputy for Bruno. That is the million dollar question.

Where do we leave Fred and McTom?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 10:48am On Jul 05, 2020
Expert17:

Herrera my guy

Kicking himself with 300k per week grin grin grin
Is that his wage at Psg??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:52am On Jul 05, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Is that his wage at Psg??

Yes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:52am On Jul 05, 2020
afrodoc2:

I really like the way Ole removed Greenwood early yesterday. He is doing all he can to nurture the guy carefully and protect him from the media and hype.
Imagine the pressure and distractions that would start with a Greenwood hat-trick. He should continue killing therm softly under the radar until next season when hopefully he would be more mature emotionally and psychologically to handle all the hype.
I'm not sure this is possible anymore. More attention will be paid to him, hopefully that free up spaces for Rashford to cause damage
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 10:55am On Jul 05, 2020
Expert17:

Yes
Woodward really tried by rejecting such a request

Psg might sell him in the next transfer window
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:58am On Jul 05, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Woodward really tried by rejecting such a request

Psg might sell him in the next transfer window

He didn't request for 300k per week @ United,...

Woodward delayed his contract extension but was busy offering Jones, Lingard, Smalling long term deals.

Herrera was on 100-120k per week at united
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:08am On Jul 05, 2020
Expert17:

There is no way Stanislas would have scored that goal if De gea covered his near post.......that's my point.

De Gea is a genius for being so highly rated without knowing the basics/fundamentals of goalkeeping

- Protect yourself while trying to catch a ball in the air

- Not staying flat footed while trying to save a PK ( did the same stuff yesterday)

- Free kick wall

- Organizing your defence

- don't concede at your near post

It's time to cash out

This one is loud cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:11am On Jul 05, 2020
afrodoc:

Pogba is the only person currently in the club that should be able to play Bruno's position. We need somebody else for that position

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:15am On Jul 05, 2020
Manchester United have scored five times or more on four occasions in the past 16 games. United only managed to do that three times in the first 367 games after Sir Alex Ferguson retired.

- BBC
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 11:18am On Jul 05, 2020
Expert17:

He didn't request for 300k per week @ United,...

Woodward delayed his contract extension but was busy offering Jones, Lingard, Smalling long term deals.

Herrera was on 100-120k per week at united
Herrera wanted more actually
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:22am On Jul 05, 2020
Oasis007:

Any solid Name out there Doc?!

There are always names out there. It is for the scouts to do their job. Harvetz, Maddison, Odegaard, Sabitzer e.t.c

Many here like van de Beek but he is more of an 8 and would be Pogba's deputy..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:23am On Jul 05, 2020
eph12:

Pogba is the only person currently in the club that should be able to play Bruno's position. We need somebody else for that position

Pogba isn’t pacy or mobile enough for that position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:27am On Jul 05, 2020
Nezzjnr:

I told people here that Herrera was bang average but people were misled by his pashun. He is showing himself to be what i always said he was, a squad player in any title challenging side.
You can't win titles with Herrera as you main CM. If we had told guys then that Idrissa Gueye was better than him they would have rioted.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 11:35am On Jul 05, 2020
Nezzjnr:

The more would be in terms of length of contract not wages.....

afrodoc2:

I told people here that Herrera was bang average but people were misled by his pashun. He is showing himself to be what i always said he was, a squad player in any title challenging side.
You can't win titles with Herrera as you main CM. If we had told guys then that Idrissa Gueye was better than him they would have rioted.

We won the league with Tom Cleverly as one of main midfield player....... so I don't know why we can't win the league with Herrera

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sniper4real(m): 11:40am On Jul 05, 2020
Expert17:

We won the league with Tom Cleverly as one of main midfield player....... so I don't know why we can't win the league with Herrera

He had better players covering his ass

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:41am On Jul 05, 2020
Expert17:

Ferguson could have won the league with me and you playing 6 and 8. Come again when Ferguson comes out of retirement and becomes 60 yrs again.

Herrera was not a bad player, he was just average. There are very few Spanish midfielders that bereft of technique and skill.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 11:43am On Jul 05, 2020
afrodoc2:

Then we had Fellaini

Fred wasn't delivering

Mata also

Pogba was having issues with Mourinho

Herrera was the only one balling den

His masterclass against Hazard was a plus also
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sniper4real(m): 11:43am On Jul 05, 2020
afrodoc2:

One tin I like about Herrera is that, he get tru pass for leg. If he's in this current team, he might be good with our improved movements
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 11:46am On Jul 05, 2020
Sniper4real:

He had better players covering his ass

We will sign players to cover his ass also
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:48am On Jul 05, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Then we had Fellaini

Fred wasn't delivering

Mata also

Pogba was having issues with Mourinho

Herrera was the only one balling den

His masterclass against Hazard was a plus also

We don't play against Hazard every game of the season. Soon after Heinze was Player of the Season he was surplus to requirements.

People were looking at his pashunate performances in the midst of a mediocre bunch of under-performing midifelders but i was looking at his upside. He does not score and does not create, and he can't dictate tempo. Passion can only carry you so far.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 11:49am On Jul 05, 2020
afrodoc2:

Ferguson could have won the league with me and you playing 6 and 8. Come again when Ferguson comes out of retirement and becomes 60 yrs again.

Herrera was not a bad player, he was just average. There are very few Spanish midfielders that bereft of technique and skill.

Yh.

I love Herrera

He was our main midfield player under Van gaal and also was the man for the big games under Mourinho.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 05, 2020
afrodoc:

For both really.. but if it’s down to the wire, then it has to be a deputy for Bruno.

OGS tactics is heavily reliant on having a good attacking midfielder to link the midfield and attack.

United is a Bruno-injury away from slipping again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 11:53am On Jul 05, 2020
GloryIsaac:

For both really.. but if it’s down to the wire, then it has to be a deputy for Bruno.

OGS tactics is heavily reliant on having a good attacking midfielder to link the midfield and attack.

United is a Bruno-injury away from slipping again.

Only Juan Mata can play that Bruno's position,.....

But the guy don dey fade
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:53am On Jul 05, 2020
Sniper4real:

One tin I like about Herrera is that, he get tru pass for leg. If he's in this current team, he might be good with our improved movements

Lies from the darkest pits of hell. Herrera has played 646 minutes of League and Champions League football this season, behind Mbappe, Neymar, Di Maria.............0 through pass recorded.

He averaged 0.2 through pass per game in EPL 2016/17, 0.1 through pass per game in 2017/18, 0.1 through pass per game in 2018/19.

Through pass abi false pass. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 05, 2020
afrodoc2:

Moyes no get sense na. I have seen Greenwood score long range free kicks with both right and left foot but he will need to beg really hard before Pogba, Bruno and co allow him to start taking them.

Apparently, I’ve noticed that these new youngsters possess some sort of Roy Keane mentality about United.. Greenwood, Williams, McTominay etc.

They just can’t fully show it yet because they haven’t attained a certain level in the team.

Ordinarily, goofs from Maguire and Co will be met by serious scolding from them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 11:57am On Jul 05, 2020
afrodoc2:

Lies from the darkest pits of hell. Herrera has played 646 minutes of League and Champions League football this season, behind Mbappe, Neymar, Di Maria.............0 through pass recorded.

He averaged 0.2 through pass per game in EPL 2016/17, 0.1 through pass per game in 2017/18, 0.1 through pass per game in 2018/19.

Through pass abi false pass. cheesy

Herrera is a good team player, can fill up different positions and different style of play....

He can play DM and CM effectively,....... he played as RB in some games for PSG this season...

His major strength is breaking up opposition play (J S park role) and he's the guy for the big games.....

He is a good addition for any team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 11:58am On Jul 05, 2020
afrodoc2:
[/b]

We don't play against Hazard every game of the season. Soon after Heinze was Player of the Season he was surplus to requirements.

People were looking at his pashunate performances in the midst of a mediocre bunch of under-performing midifelders but i was looking at his upside. He does not score and does not create, and he can't dictate tempo. Passion can only carry you so far.
Herrera is a good passer of the ball but we need more than that... He wasn't creating chances at all

I can vividly remember when we had to rely on crosses to score cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 05, 2020
Panther7:
Since Greenwood hit form some people on Twitter are saying we don't need sancho.

Cap.

How do we expect to compete on all fronts with the same starting 11?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
Expert17:

Herrera is a good team player, can fill up different positions and different style of play....

He can play DM and CM effectively,....... he played as RB in some games for PSG this season...

His major strength is breaking up opposition play (J S park role) and he's the guy for the big games.....

He is a good addition for any team

I didn't argue that fact. He is a good squad player. No more, maybe less.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7955) (7956) (7957) (7958) (7959) (7960) (7961) ... (14184) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ellexy and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.