Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,276 members, 7,860,639 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:37 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7996) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8860584 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7993) (7994) (7995) (7996) (7997) (7998) (7999) ... (14214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 11, 2020
Expert17:

Fans ehnnnn

Now now, make Rashford ( our BIG game player) learn from Greenwood.... grin grin
After the first few weeks of the season, I was at Uromi in Edo, I went to see our game against Palace at a viewing center and when James equalized b4 we eventually lost, the way fans were cursing Rashford and saying he should learn from James baffled me, I was like shuuu, person wey never even last one season for epl naim be the 2nd coming of Christ so... truth is we fans are most times emotional and reactionary with the current bust of form of a player..... but Greenwood is the real deal though.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2020
Khaytunechi:

This is the most sensible thing to do. I see guys saying we shouldn't change anything, but I'll rather we rest players than have someone like Pogba pull his hamstring then be out for two weeks. Out of the top 5 teams, I think we're the one who has rotated the least so far. Our players are not robots, and history should serve us right - towards the end of last season, we were flying high until injury kicked in and everything went to shiit. If not because deputy players like Mata, Perreira, Lingard are irredemably useless, we really should be resting some of the guys in the midfield and up front at least for an entire half. Since we can't do this, our best bet is to finish games off early, reduce the tempo and make wholesale changes early enough. This race would go down the wire, and if we would be needing point(s) in our final game against Leicester, I would want a fit 11, not a team assembled with the Perreiras and Matas because Rashford and Pogba are injured
we have rotated the least but united is the only team that has made use of 5 substitutions every matchday since the restart, so that counts as a bit of rotation in some ways.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 11, 2020
afrodoc:

If it is about finishing in front of goal Rashford had better learn from Greenwood. Facts only.
A funny question... should Rashford also learn how to shoot with one foot only or both?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joseph1832(m): 2:46pm On Jul 11, 2020
sylvalord:
On Reddit, instagram, Twitter and even Nairaland, the hate on Manchester United has been overwhelming in the past days/week.

Like, I can almost taste their hate and fear. grin

I guess they are so scared that United may be back. grin
When you're winning and succeeding, people tend to hate. Funny thing is those who hate always tend to be under achievers.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 2:46pm On Jul 11, 2020
handelex:
A funny question... should Rashford also learn how to shoot with both foot?

So you think Greenwood being good is only about him using both feet?

Using both feet so effectively is just the cherry on top of the cake that is made up of his accuracy, calmness in front of goal, his quick release with minimal back lift and very importantly his timing of his shots that means the ball leaves his foot while the keepers are still getting their feet planted.

If Greenwood was only left footed he still would be a better finisher than Rashford but possibly below Martial. Being 2 footed places him above Martial. I have watched the boy for 3 years. Nothing he is doing now surprises me.

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:06pm On Jul 11, 2020
Bruno Fernandes: "It was a penalty. The referee said it was a penalty — I don't provoke the contact. I just bring the ball back. I give the first touch. The guy tried to take the ball. His leg stays down off me."

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:07pm On Jul 11, 2020
Bruno Fernandes: "The favourite moment will come. I come to Manchester United to achieve some titles and everything, so I think we are close."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:08pm On Jul 11, 2020
Bruno Fernandes: "I think one player can change everything — having plays in front who can score, who can do a lot of goals... it's easier for me."

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:08pm On Jul 11, 2020
Bruno Fernandes: "I'm a risk player. I take risks. I want to take risks and I will take the risks every time. I will lose a lot of balls, I will miss a lot of passes but I know when I find my strikers and wingers, they will score."

- Sky

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:11pm On Jul 11, 2020
afrodoc:

Using both feet so effectively is just the cherry on top of the cake that is made up of his accuracy, calmness in front of goal, his quick release with minimal back lift and very importantly his timing of his shots that means the ball leaves his foot while the keepers are still getting their feet planted.

If Greenwood was only left footed he still would be a better finisher than Rashford but possibly below Martial. Being 2 footed places him above Martial. I have watched the boy for 3 years. Nothing he is doing now surprises me.

Doc..... Seem you prefer Martial to Rashford?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 3:16pm On Jul 11, 2020
Oasis007:

Doc..... Seem you prefer Martial to Rashford?!

Not really. Overall not much to choose between them.

I was talking about finishing. Martial is a better finisher than Rashford.

Martial also has the superior overall natural talent but talent alone is not enough.

Even Greenwood has to steer clear of injuries and English youth indiscipline in order to fulfill his potential.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2020
Oasis007:

Bruno Fernandes: "I'm a risk player. I take risks. I want to take risks and I will take the risks every time. I will lose a lot of balls, I will miss a lot of passes but I know when I find my strikers and wingers, they will score."

- Sky

grin

Basically, all y'all niqqas chatting shit about how Bruno should play it simple, hear this from the man:

"Bruno Miguel Borges Fernandes categorically states he does not give a fuq and y'all are free to throttle his balls"

grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 3:22pm On Jul 11, 2020
afrodoc:

Really?

After this, the will be next season asap. But transfer window will run until October
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 3:24pm On Jul 11, 2020
DeadPresidents:

grin

Basically, all y'all niqqas chatting shit about how Bruno should play it simple, hear this from the man:

"Bruno Miguel Borges Fernandes categorically states he does not give a fuq and y'all are free to throttle his balls"

grin
you didn't quote the right post though
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 3:25pm On Jul 11, 2020
Ravioli:

After this, the will be next season asap. But transfer window will run until October

Oh boy. Our boys must find a way to rest in between the seasons o.

Makes strengthening the bench for next season even more important.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
afrodoc:

Martial also has the superior overall natural talent but talent alone is not enough.

Even Greenwood has to steer clear of injuries and English youth indiscipline in order to fulfill his potential.

Words.

I believe Martial is enjoying his time under OGS. He seems happy and ready to give it all for the Team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 3:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
afrodoc:

This is known as MAMA CHARLIE WINCH, in these parts grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 3:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
afrodoc:

Oh boy. Our boys must find a way to rest in between the seasons o.
Makes strengthening the bench for next season even more important.
Europa League starts August.. That's next month.
The league is finishing this month.
So we get small space nii
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 3:33pm On Jul 11, 2020
Oasis007:

Words.

I believe Martial is enjoying his time under OGS. He seems happy and ready to give it all for the Team.

See player wia mou been wan sell sef
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 3:36pm On Jul 11, 2020
Ravioli:

See player wia mou been wan sell sef

He wanted to sell Martial and buy Perisic. cheesy

Mourinho brain don lazzident tey tey

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:40pm On Jul 11, 2020
Liverpool are all out to break that Manchester City 100pts record...

The good news is that Chelsea will be visiting Anfield before their final fame against Wolves...Perfect opportunity for Liverpool to pay Chelsea back for that Demba Ba goal and Mourinho's celebration...

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 3:41pm On Jul 11, 2020
afrodoc:

I swear to God.
That guy is a football dinosaur. Always going archaic agidi players.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 3:42pm On Jul 11, 2020
cry

We’ve come along way we surely deserve all the joy we are getting rn.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 3:47pm On Jul 11, 2020
Michael Zorc (Dortmund sporting director): "Jadon [Sancho] has a valid contract with us and we would be very happy if he is still with us next season — the timing would have to be right, and secondly, our price expectations would have to be met 100 per cent."

- WAZ

This man has finally accepted defeat..

Welcome To Old Trafford, Jadon Sancho..

Our New 7.

But.. He's hell bent on their valuation.

Anyways, over to Ed Woodward & Mat Judge
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 3:49pm On Jul 11, 2020
Ravioli:
cry

God of OtemAtum! Why are you bringing up the saddest memories of the 7 lean years.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 3:50pm On Jul 11, 2020
Norwich relegated.

Let's get that Geoffrey of a guy. He's a good CB

And also Emiliano Buendia, he is so good.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 3:52pm On Jul 11, 2020
afrodoc:

God of OtemAtum! Why are you bringing up the saddest memories of the 7 lean years.

I want our fanbase to realise what we've passed through the hands of Moyes, Van Gaal and that unrepentant & cocky dinosaur, Mourihno.

Ole you shall live long.

Even if you don't take us to the promise land, atleast the next gaffer will know where you were headed with the team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 3:57pm On Jul 11, 2020
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, is he any good??
Who has seen him well??
Pep and Mou wants to sign him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 11, 2020
Ravioli:
cry

Choi... Jones on corner duties.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 11, 2020
afrodoc:

You know this guy inside out, you'll not make a bad scout.. who knows...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 4:09pm On Jul 11, 2020
afrodoc:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

The man for even give Chelsea Mason Greenwood plus cash to collect Willian if we never sack the idiot .....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Khaytunechi: 4:18pm On Jul 11, 2020
eph12:

You guys have started with your 'learn from' and 'take lessons from' abi? I wonder what will happen to all of us when Greenwood goals dry up for some time, and trust me it will happen. Happens to the best of best even if it's for a couple of weeks or a month. Maybe that time we will be asking Greenwood to learn from Rashford

I no sure you understand weytin you quote, because you've had run-ins with some people about some players, you totally misconstrued what I said and changed the narrative. I didn't mention goals, I won't judge youngsters like Greenwood and even Rashford based solely on goals alone. I said 'decision making', although I said it on a really light note, I still strongly believe Greenwood makes better decisions on the pitch than Rashford. If pointing that out is a problem to you, Toor no vex.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7993) (7994) (7995) (7996) (7997) (7998) (7999) ... (14214) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ellexy, Jodera and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.