Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,162 members, 7,860,163 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:05 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8858896 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8120) (8121) (8122) (8123) (8124) (8125) (8126) ... (14213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 23, 2020
eph12:

Is he coming to just complete the numbers on the field or to actually change the game?
Surely Juan can't do worse than those clearly tired legs. I think he can offer something.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by EarlRagnar2(m): 10:45am On Jul 23, 2020
eph12:

He will be needed to unlock your legend hidden in Madrid cheesy
Gerrout sir cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:46am On Jul 23, 2020
handelex:
Surely Juan can't do worse than those clearly tired legs. I think he can offer something.
Lingard will even offer more

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 23, 2020
larride:

It’s not like the fixture congestion was relaxed overnight, everyone already knows how the fixtures is when the restart was announced.

That most of our players are clearly fatigued is down to Ole. Like yesterday he should have removed Pogba and Matic who were running on their last legs. They will still start on Sunday and I can bet you they won’t run for more than 20mins before they begin to stroll.

Ole needs to manage his team. Chelsea has clearly managed to rotate their team than ours.

It’s also affecting their creativity. There were multiple times in yesterday’s game where opportunities arose to carve West Ham apart with quick one-touch passes. This team normally takes advantage of those opportunities, with Bruno & Pogba playing some beautiful football, but they just couldn’t do it again. It was just one-directional thinking all through.

All those triangle-passes (like Martial’s goal against Crystal Palace) they usually make was clearly missing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 23, 2020
eph12:

Lingard will even offer more
Jesse Lings can bring energy but no creativity and we need creativity more against buses.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:53am On Jul 23, 2020
handelex:
Jesse Lings can bring energy but no creativity and we need creativity more against buses.
We needed players that could press and force their players to make mistakes. Which creativity did west ham players have for them to create all those chances?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamoyindamola(m): 10:55am On Jul 23, 2020
OtemAtum:
I did a permanent out-of-body experience. To the people on earth, I died, but to me and the people in other world, I left my body on earth to continue my explorations of the unlimited universes.
You mean you left your physical body to continue your spiritual journey
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 23, 2020
eph12:

We needed players that could press and force their players to make mistakes. Which creativity did west ham players have for them to create all those chances?
Agreed, but those Westham players have more confidence right now than Lingard... I don't care anymore Ole should just make those changes early abeg. Let's see how Sunday goes..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by OtemAtum: 11:10am On Jul 23, 2020
iamoyindamola:

You mean you left your physical body to continue your spiritual journey
Exactly

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 11:13am On Jul 23, 2020
GloryIsaac:

6pm. Sunday.
Yes, my man. Let's meet then.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamoyindamola(m): 11:20am On Jul 23, 2020
OtemAtum:
Exactly
Fantabulous I'm communicating with a spirit
Can I send you to my dad?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by OtemAtum: 11:28am On Jul 23, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Fantabulous I'm communicating with a spirit
Can I send you to my dad?
It doesn't work that way. Spirits are not robots you can meet at will. Most of them can even be far from our reach at the moment due to reincarnations into other worlds or explorations of other planets. It's only those who want you to reach them that you can reach.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamoyindamola(m): 11:34am On Jul 23, 2020
OtemAtum:
It doesn't work that way. Spirits are not robots you can meet at will. Most of them can even be far from our reach at the moment due to reincarnations into other worlds or explorations of other planets. It's only those who want you to reach them that you can reach.
Don't you have immigration service that takes record of those migrating from earth to spirit world like gate keepers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by OtemAtum: 11:58am On Jul 23, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Don't you have immigration service that takes record of those migrating from earth to spirit world like gate keepers
I don't know of such currently, but in the past world, many gods tried to influence where spirits leaving earthly bodies go after death. They try to tame spirits of the dead, put them in places of sufferings, but all those things are illusions which cannot last forever.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamoyindamola(m): 12:00pm On Jul 23, 2020
OtemAtum:
I don't know of such currently, but in the past world, many gods tried to influence where spirits living earthly bodies go after death. They try to tame spirits of the dead, put them in places of sufferings, but all those things are illusions which cannot last forever.
Hell fire
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:03pm On Jul 23, 2020
larride:

It’s not like the fixture congestion was relaxed overnight, everyone already knows how the fixtures is when the restart was announced.

That most of our players are clearly fatigued is down to Ole. Like yesterday he should have removed Pogba and Matic who were running on their last legs. They will still start on Sunday and I can bet you they won’t run for more than 20mins before they begin to stroll.

Ole needs to manage his team. Chelsea has clearly managed to rotate their team than ours.
We all knew how the fixtures were but na now we dey see say e no make sense. I don't think anyone in the PL since this restart has had to play games every two days. If we didn't play the FA Cup we would have still played West Ham same day.

As for Ole, that one is just a dunce. Once he finds a team that can get results, he'll keep running them to the ground.
At one point he'd hardly consider starting Greenwood. All of a sudden, he was starting. And he kept playing and playing and playing.
Even if bench players aren't good enough sef, shey he'll at least still find a way to make it work. That's his job.

This is how rotation caused him problems last season too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by OtemAtum: 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Hell fire
In those days, the early beings played with the minds of the homo erectuses. They create illusions just like in dreams for homo erectuses who died. You know in dreams someone can see himself or herself being flogged or tied down, but once the person wakes up, the dream wipes out. That was the kind of illusions created by the early beings in those days. Instead of a soul that's leaving its earthly body to go directly to different good afterlives in the universes, the soul ends up being trapped in one of the illusionary inventions of these early or higher beings, which mostly are places of torments. Then eventually they get past these illusions and go to real afterlives. Today these illusions are being replicated through religions, but it is a matter of choice. However, just like a dream, they all fade off the minds of the believers who are trapped in them.
However, the illusions of fire for anyone is not permitted by the GREAT LIGHT OF GOD ALMIGHTY. That is why we can dream of virtually anything bad, but if we dream of fire, we don't feel the fire burning us.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 12:16pm On Jul 23, 2020
Abeg make una stop to dey quote this Atum ahbi Anus nigga

I no fit handle him long posts

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:18pm On Jul 23, 2020
Apart from that PSG when we were still caught up in the new coach syndrome, a period where all the players want to impress, have we won any high pressure game? If I want to stretch it, I'll even say that second leg win at the Parc De Prince came because we weren't under any pressure to progress...

Don't respond by saying the players ought to motivate themselves because if it were so, Bayern wouldn't have been struggling before the appointment of the present coach and Barcelona wouldn't need a coach just like Juventus should be beating teams week in, week out in the Serie A...Ole is not good enough for a club like Manchester United, he just doesn't have it in him...

Yesterday, at 1vs 1, Rashford was trying to pull fancy tricks...

Expert17, I saw your post where you said we need a better CF than Martial and to be honest, I agree with you but that will mean Martial takes the LWF position and Rashford dropped to the bench...

The only good thing we have going for us is that Wolves have good reason to turn up all guns blazing at Stamford Bridge and also, Leicester's injury woes...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamoyindamola(m): 12:20pm On Jul 23, 2020
OtemAtum:
In those days, the early beings played with the minds of the homo erectuses. They create illusions just like in dreams for homo erectuses who died. You know in dreams someone can see himself or herself being flogged or tied down, but once the person wakes up, the dream wipes out. That was the kind of illusions created by the early beings in those days. Instead of a soul that's leaving its earthly body to go directly to different good afterlives in the universes, the soul ends up being trapped in one of the illusionary inventions of these early or higher beings, which mostly are places of torments. Then eventually they get past these illusions and go to real afterlives. Today these illusions are being replicated through religions, but it is a matter of choice. However, just like a dream, they all fade off the minds of the believers who are trapped in them.
However, the illusions of fire for anyone is not permitted by the GREAT LIGHT OF GOD ALMIGHTY. That is why we can dream of virtually anything bad, but if we dream of fire, we don't feel the fire burning us.
Calm down sir, I thought you caged God almighty (Jehovah/Allah)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2020
patrickmuf:
Apart from that PSG when we were still caught up in the new coach syndrome, a period where all the players want to impress, have we won any high pressure game? If I want to stretch it, I'll even say that second leg win at the Parc De Prince came because we weren't under any pressure to progress...

Don't respond by saying the players ought to motivate themselves because if it were so, Bayern wouldn't have been struggling before the appointment of the present coach and Barcelona wouldn't need a coach just like Juventus should be beating teams week in, week out in the Serie A...Ole is not good enough for a club like Manchester United, he just doesn't have it in him...

Yesterday, at 1vs 1, Rashford was trying to pull fancy tricks...

Expert17, I saw your post where you said we need a better CF than Martial and to be honest, I agree with you but that will mean Martial takes the LWF position and Rashford dropped to the bench...

The only good thing we have going for us is that Wolves have good reason to turn up all guns blazing at Stamford Bridge and also, Leicester's injury woes...

I believe a better coach can do a lot more with Rashford and Martial. Say what you want but their goal output this season is impressive enough. This is Martial's first full season playing as a 9 in his career.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:37pm On Jul 23, 2020
MRTA7:

I believe a better coach can do a lot more with Rashford and Martial. Say what you want but their goal output this season is impressive enough. This is Martial's first full season playing as a 9 in his career.
Well, that Martial line was a pot shot at him for always having a go at Martial even when Rashford has been s.hit...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 12:39pm On Jul 23, 2020
Lana1:
We all knew how the fixtures were but na now we dey see say e no make sense. I don't think anyone in the PL since this restart has had to play games every two days. If we didn't play the FA Cup we would have still played West Ham same day.

As for Ole, that one is just a dunce. Once he finds a team that can get results, he'll keep running them to the ground.
At one point he'd hardly consider starting Greenwood. All of a sudden, he was starting. And he kept playing and playing and playing.
Even if bench players aren't good enough sef, shey he'll at least still find a way to make it work. That's his job.

That has been my point, I expect him to rest a lot of players against Cheshit and bring them on second off.
He has to learn, how to take risk and rotate his squad without being squad.
I understand Ole perfectly well, he is looking at the bench and thinking, who should I bench for this average players that won't disrupt the team dynamics or if he loses the game, people will criticize him for changing a winn
I still strongly believe Mctominay and fred can be use together against any team when our midfielders are fatigue or the need for rotate arise and we will get the result. Those two did not lose a lot of game together and understand each other.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2020
inFamouz:
The play OGS is trying to implement [that's if he has any] doesn't work with the players we have, our defense already rules out playing the High line, and the pressing game doesn't work with Matic and pogba in the field at the same time.

We are winning games bcuz of the quality in our squad and not bcuz of any top level tactical acumen.

The last time we won playing some form of what looks like a tactical game we've Fred and Mac in midfield and are playing counter attacks.

If Na counter attack go work against Leicester, I no mind.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 12:41pm On Jul 23, 2020
GloryIsaac:

It’s also affecting their creativity. There were multiple times in yesterday’s game where opportunities arose to carve West Ham apart with quick one-touch passes. This team normally takes advantage of those opportunities, with Bruno & Pogba playing some beautiful football, but they just couldn’t do it again. It was just one-directional thinking all through.

All those triangle-passes (like Martial’s goal against Crystal Palace) they usually make was clearly missing.

Correct. Those guys are clearly tired.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 12:49pm On Jul 23, 2020
Lana1:

Bros, I don tire no be lie.

Since the restart, I’m not sure Ighalo has played a combined minute of 60 minutes, so why exactly did we extend his loan deal? Is it until Bruno can’t carry his legs again before Ole will know the man has to rest. The bench might not be good enough but they can still provide rest to the first team players.

Something has to give o, I don’t know they are going to do it on Sunday but we better or draw. Loss is unacceptable. angry

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 1:02pm On Jul 23, 2020
larride:

Bros, I don tire no be lie.

Since the restart, I’m not sure Ighalo has played a combined minute of 60 minutes, so why exactly did we extend his loan deal? Is it until Bruno can’t carry his legs again before Ole will know the man has to rest. The bench might not be good enough but they can still provide rest to the first team players.

Something has to give o, I don’t know they are going to do it on Sunday but we better or draw. Loss is unacceptable. angry
Who will he result to, if this guys get injury, with a combination of Mctominay, Fred, Perreira, James will won against Man city.
This guys might not be world class players but they can get the job done.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:46pm On Jul 23, 2020
BARAJ92:
Who will he result to, if this guys get injury, with a combination of Mctominay, Fred, Perreira, James will won against Man city.
This guys might not be world class players but they can get the job done.
They said it's not by pashun lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by excel127(m): 2:14pm On Jul 23, 2020
Who else noticed how our players slide very often on the pitch. Like there's is problem with their boots or the stadiums turf.
Olé needs to look into that too
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:19pm On Jul 23, 2020
patrickmuf:
If I talk now, Elampiro will come here and tell you about Liverpool forwards as if we are watching a different Liverpool team...

Na Pogba make you want to talk. We all knew his weakness. But McTominay and Fred do press for the ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2020
We should stop saying that players on the bench are not good enough. Pre-covid, no Bruno, no Pogba, but we were winning games, now that both of them are available, OGS has decided to ditch the other players. Does that make any sense? Fred was on for Utd player of the season before covid-19. McTom was doing a lot of dirty work in the midfield. Even Perreira was trying his best.

Meanwhile, it is difficult for players to motivate themselves. The manager should be doing that, it's his job, that's why he is getting paid. If it was possible to have 11 players play without any input from the manager, then Real Madrid, Juve, etc would not need managers.

OGS has done nothing to this team. He's spent close to 200m pounds signing 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and 1 striker, but no improvement. Forget the sentiments and emotions.

The motivational speaker has failed!

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:44pm On Jul 23, 2020
elampiro:

Na Pogba make you want to talk. We all knew his weakness. But McTominay and Fred do press for the ball.
Our team play is disjointed, we don't defend and press as a unit...

I hope you watched the role Robertson and TAA played in the destruction of Chelsea yesterday? That's what modern elite wing backs do and not what we get from Shaw and Wan-Bissaka. I don't need to talk about their midfielders and CBs who push high up the pitch to make the field compact.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8120) (8121) (8122) (8123) (8124) (8125) (8126) ... (14213) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.