Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,555 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:44 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (846) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8834004 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) ... (14208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 11:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
coogar:

tear of the lateral meniscus is a very bad injury to have. if we are not careful, this is owen hargreaves all over again. this is the kinda injury that screwed the career of ledley king. every time he tried running with his knee, it kept getting inflamed & that was because he didn't let it heal the first time.

van gaal's patience is justified - vidal didn't start in their friendly against an australian team. i am guessing this would be a deadline transfer if it's going to happen at all. vidal must be given time to play before we sign the dotted lines.

those kinda transfers are dead-on!
let's take care of the difficult ones first. blind & his club cannot turn our offer down if it comes. blind would love to play for van gaal again & again.

he rushed back the same way last season & he failed at it. he's a posh boy, he cannot get his hands dirty & get things done like that crook at spurs or david dein of arsenal.

thank feck we have easy fixtures in our first 8 league games. i expect nothing less than 22 points in those fixtures. we can afford to wait till the 31st to see what woodward has in store for us. if it's true hummels is available @ £25m and we fail to buy him, i will start a riot.

Just read on twitter that Hummels has been handed the armband as Dortmund's captain. Good luck to our getting him now!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 11, 2014
Hugoboi:

Just read on twitter that Hummels has been handed the armband as Dortmund's captain. Good luck to our getting him now!

grincheesygrin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:51am On Aug 11, 2014
"Arsenal fans buzzing over a community shield, even this man (David Moyes) managed to win one..."

I swear folks on twitter fit kill person grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 9:08am On Aug 11, 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 11, 2014
coogar:

van gaal's patience is justified - vidal didn't start in their friendly against an australian team. i am guessing this would be a deadline transfer if it's going to happen at all. vidal must be given time to play before we sign the dotted lines.
Please tell all our people here o, make dem here word. grin

coogar:

those kinda transfers are dead-on!
let's take care of the difficult ones first. blind & his club cannot turn our offer down if it comes. blind would love to play for van gaal again & again.
Blind has said he would love to play for van Gaal, so i see no reason why that transfer hasn't happened yet. He wouldn't even cost too much sef, given van Gaal's affiliations with Ajax.
On a side note,
I hear Rafael is being told he can leave Old Trafford. that would be a shocker, if true.
coogar:

he rushed back the same way last season & he failed at it. he's a posh boy, he cannot get his hands dirty & get things done like that crook at spurs or david dein of arsenal.
It looks like he still hasn't learned from the fiasco of last summer.
Which is a shame because it makes you wonder how he got that job at a club like United.

But David levy of Spurs is the devil-come-to-life of all CEOs on earth.
That fellow can negotiate a 10 million fee for a corpse as long as it has a contract with Spurs.
coogar:
thank feck we have easy fixtures in our first 8 league games. i expect nothing less than 22 points in those fixtures. we can afford to wait till the 31st to see what woodward has in store for us.
Our saving grace.
Otherwise we are in deep shyte the way we've been so far this preseason.
Our defence is my primary headache. We do not have any veteran leading the line there. I kind of wonder why we didn't offer Smalling in exchange for Vermaelen given that he (Smalling) is a terrible passer of the ball and needs to have his confidence sky high all the time to function at decent levels.
coogar:
if it's true hummels is available @ £25m and we fail to buy him, i will start a riot.
I personally do not think he is available. I think it's the media running the show on this one as well.
One coach I've learnt to take seriously is Juergen Klopp. He doesn't rant just like every other coach in Europe. If he says Hummels is staying I think I'd rather believe him.
As usual no contact with Dortmund has been established. Even if we were to tyr to prise him away from them. So i'm thinking you might get your petrol and firewood ready to start that riot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
@StarBoard, giving Smalling for Vermaelen is similar to 'robbing Peter to pay Paul'. We'd have solved nothing doing d@.
Smalling is sure of even giving you more games.

Rafael leaving? If true, then must be the reason why we're after Cuadrado(ie if we're after him).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 1:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
Fellaini, chicharito, Anderson, Rafael and Nani seem to be the ones that are supposedly surplus to requirement. Selling Fellaini might be a problem o.

Good value can be gotten from Rafael, Hernandez and Nani.

I trust LVG knows what he is doing in other to achieve what he wants to achieve at the end of the season.

Let's just get this transfers sorted out quickly so that the new guys would blend in. The season is already here.

Cuadrado, Vidal and Blind seem to be the ones on the radar! We might be doing busineSs on the last day of the transfer window this term.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
chrisley024: @StarBoard, giving Smalling for Vermaelen is similar to 'robbing Peter to pay Paul'. We'd have solved nothing doing d@.
Smalling is sure of even giving you more games.

Rafael leaving? If true, then must be the reason why we're after Cuadrado(ie if we're after him).

For me, I think giving up one of Jones/ Smalling to get some experience isn't a bad thing entirely. Vermaelen is not a bad defender overall. I do not think it would be that bad, to be honest.
We have two rookies starting at Center back in a crucial season for us. The omens do not portend for good reading if you ask me as it stands in that area of the pitch. Smalling himself has not proven to stay injury free, and his shaky disposition more often than not (though it could be argued he did play more on the right back position) doesn't give me the confidence to put my trust in him.

I'm not sure yet but I heard Rafael is being asked to leave, which would be a shame though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 11, 2014
codedguy1: Fellaini, chicharito, Anderson, Rafael and Nani seem to be the ones that are supposedly surplus to requirement. Selling Fellaini might be a problem o.

Good value can be gotten from Rafael, Hernandez and Nani.

I trust LVG knows what he is doing in other to achieve what he wants to achieve at the end of the season.

Let's just get this transfers sorted out quickly so that the new guys would blend in. The season is already here.

Cuadrado, Vidal and Blind seem to be the ones on the radar! We might be doing busineSs on the last day of the transfer window this term.

I'm not sure what Hernandez is doing on that list. As much as I want to try to believe van gaal is doing the right thing, I feel letting Hernandez go would be a big mistake.
As per blending in we have three weeks in total to conclude any transfer business and less than a week before the season starts.
i wonder how we're going to pull it off.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
StarBoard:
Please tell all our people here o, make dem here word. grin

it's a deadline transfer. if it's going to happen, it would be around 31st of august.

Blind has said he would love to play for van Gaal, so i see no reason why that transfer hasn't happened yet. He wouldn't even cost too much sef, given van Gaal's affiliations with Ajax.

then woodward should pull his finger out already.

On a side note,
I hear Rafael is being told he can leave Old Trafford. that would be a shocker, if true.

don't believe that dailymail nonsense. read the article itself & see there's no truth in it. just a useless journalist trying to drive traffic. everything he said there was his own opinion.

It looks like he still hasn't learned from the fiasco of last summer.
Which is a shame because it makes you wonder how he got that job at a club like United.

But David levy of Spurs is the devil-come-to-life of all CEOs on earth.
That fellow can negotiate a 10 million fee for a corpse as long as it has a contract with Spurs.

levy & that chairman in lyon are the daddies of all CEOs.

Our saving grace.
Otherwise we are in deep shyte the way we've been so far this preseason.
Our defence is my primary headache. We do not have any veteran leading the line there. I kind of wonder why we didn't offer Smalling in exchange for Vermaelen given that he (Smalling) is a terrible passer of the ball and needs to have his confidence sky high all the time to function at decent levels.

all the central defenders we could have offered are home grown. we need to keep that quota up.

I personally do not think he is available. I think it's the media running the show on this one as well.
One coach I've learnt to take seriously is Juergen Klopp. He doesn't rant just like every other coach in Europe. If he says Hummels is staying I think I'd rather believe him.
As usual no contact with Dortmund has been established. Even if we were to tyr to prise him away from them. So i'm thinking you might get your petrol and firewood ready to start that riot.

we should just sell shaw back to city & cop hummels if he's available. they got slaughtered by liverpool at anfield yesterday although klopp fielded mostly reserve players & the youth team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 2:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
Good thing we dodged the Vermalen bullet. Been carrying an injury with his injury prone ass. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
how can Rafael be asked to leave for Valencia to stay?
makes little sense, if any
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 11, 2014
coogar: if it's true hummels is available @ £25m and woodward is reluctant to pay, then he's a bastärd. how can we pay £28m for an unproven, untested & overrated featherweight like luke shaw & miss out on hummels?

we need these 4 players asap....
buy
vidal(£45m)
hummels(£25m)
cudrado(£20m)
moses simon - the nigerian ronaldo(£2m)

sell:
valencia(£20m)
carrick(£15m)

Valencia for £20m?

Coog I expect you to drug the suitors and write the cheque yourself cheesy

Anyways, Hummels has been made Dortmund's new captain, gon' be tough having him now.

I see you want Moses, how about a Rooney swap deal?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
If we're actually after Cuadrado, then, one of Val, Young or Rafael will leave or has been asked to.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
StarBoard:

For me, I think giving up one of Jones/ Smalling to get some experience isn't a bad thing entirely. Vermaelen is not a bad defender overall. I do not think it would be that bad, to be honest.
We have two rookies starting at Center back in a crucial season for us. The omens do not portend for good reading if you ask me as it stands in that area of the pitch. Smalling himself has not proven to stay injury free, and his shaky disposition more often than not (though it could be argued he did play more on the right back position) doesn't give me the confidence to put my trust in him.

I'm not sure yet but I heard Rafael is being asked to leave, which would be a shame though.
You've heard nah? Vermaelen is injured cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
chrisley024:
You've heard nah? Vermaelen is injured cry
ok o.
But if fit, would you take Smalling over him?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
StarBoard:
ok o.
But if fit, would you take Smalling over him?
His first n maybe 2nd season in Arsenal? Yes. But can't compare the two now cos Vermaelen's recent lack of games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
Angelo Henriquez has joined Dinamo Zagreb.

Goodluck to him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
The Way I'm Seeing Tinz. It Seem Arsenal and Man United are the only threat this Season. CHELSIT AND CO? BUNCHES OF WASTE PIPE!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:28pm On Aug 11, 2014
The Way I'm Seeing Tinz. It Seem Arsenal and Man United are the only threat this Season. CHELSIT AND CO? BUNCHES OF WASTE PIPE!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
You're wrong if you're using recent games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
chrisley024: You're wrong if you're using recent games.
Chelshit is not as strong as their fanatics & media will like everyone to believe
Man City & Liverpool head still dey there
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
SailorXY:
Chelshit is not as strong as their fanatics & media will like to believe
Well, we'll know.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:38pm On Aug 11, 2014
SailorXY:
Chelshit is not as strong as their fanatics & media will like everyone to believe
Man City & Liverpool head still dey there
Tell Em!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dhelake: 9:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
I understand, Arsenal and Man Utd to fight for 4th position, Quite understandable
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:56pm On Aug 11, 2014
Dhelake: I understand, Arsenal and Man Utd to fight for 4th position, Quite understandable
And There Goes Another Chelshit A.C abi na fan? Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 12, 2014

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:35am On Aug 12, 2014
Klopp has said he's going nowhere. I think that sums it up angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:59am On Aug 12, 2014
I think we should be questioning LVG more on the issue of transfers rather than trying to blame Woodward (or whatever his name is) because we do not know for certain what LVG is up to... has he (LVG) given the CEO any "wish-lists" of targets for acquisition or made any such mentions!?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:03am On Aug 12, 2014
Any News Abt Nani Leaving 4 Arsenal?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 10:15am On Aug 12, 2014
I tire for this transfer market oh!
Haba. I think we shd really question LvG abt this transfer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 12, 2014
adebayo201: I tire for this transfer market oh!
Haba. I think we shd really question LvG abt this transfer
LvG can't sign someone if Ed Woodward doesn't appear willing to play the politics involved in signings.
RuuDie: I think we should be questioning LVG more on the issue of transfers rather than trying to blame Woodward (or whatever his name is) because we do not know for certain what LVG is up to... has he (LVG) given the CEO any "wish-lists" of targets for acquisition or made any such mentions!?
The same Woodward who has gone silent on the transfers after promising that we should "watch this space"?

(1) (2) (3) ... (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) ... (14208) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.