Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,555 members, 7,843,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8814906 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8483) (8484) (8485) (8486) (8487) (8488) (8489) ... (14200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 10:32pm On Sep 15, 2020
If we don't bring any other wide forward in this summer, we should just use formations that have no wide men. Our only genuinely wide player is James and he's just not very good.

We have the players to play the system Everton played in the last game, to a higher level

Rashford in the Richarloson role, Bruno for James

Matic pogba vdb for Allan, doucoure and Gomes. Pogba even gets to go back to his favoured LCM spot. He he has been having to oprarate on the RCM lately

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 10:34pm On Sep 15, 2020
That or we use 352 and depend on our fullbacks (gulps) for width
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 10:37pm On Sep 15, 2020
PietroRick:
If we don't bring any other wide forward in this summer, we should just use formations that have no wide men. Our only genuinely wide player is James and he's just not very good.

We have the players to play the system Everton played in the last game, to a higher level

Matic pogba vdb for Allan, doucoure and Gomes. Pogba even gets to go back to his favoured LCM spot. He he has been having to oprarate on the RCM lately
Greenwood rotates with 4 players in this shape (with a slight reshuffling of Bruno when needed), depending on form, fitness or just to keep everyone fresh.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 10:41pm On Sep 15, 2020
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 15, 2020
PietroRick:

The coach has chosen his preferred system.

Why be forced to play differently from what he wants?

If the team plays this way and performs poorly, na still for here dem go crucify the same coach cheesy

So far in the league, it’s only United & West Ham that don’t seem to know how to go about the football aspect of their respective clubs.

Maybe this is why Pep chose Manchester City over United, because I know say that man no go get time for okoto yarns grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 11:14pm On Sep 15, 2020
PietroRick:

One quick question who provides width? Certainly can't be Shaw and AWB?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 11:19pm On Sep 15, 2020
eph12:

Not for a long time
Oh.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 12:55am On Sep 16, 2020
GloryIsaac:

If the team plays this way and performs poorly, na still for here dem go crucify the same coach cheesy

So far in the league, it’s only United & West Ham that don’t seem to know how to go about the football aspect of their respective clubs.

Maybe this is why Pep chose Manchester City over United, because I know say that man no go get time for okoto yarns grin
So as he hasn't got the players he needs, to make his system work from the board, for whatever reason, he should not adapt his system to suit what he has?

Or should he down tools/self sabotage or just walk away

I'm not sure what you are saying..

If you are asking me why the board failed in the first place, na only them know for sure and their failings isn't what I'm talking about here
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 1:04am On Sep 16, 2020
Panther7:
One quick question who provides width? Certainly can't be Shaw and AWB?
first things first, the possibility of a left back coming in was left open in my post. I said wide forward

Then again, Shaw just needs to work on his fitness. A lot of times he doesn't make the runs he is supposed to not because he doesn't know what needs to be done, he often doesn't have the lungs for it.

AWB just needs more personal coaching. He often doesn't know what to do. His execution while not the best, isn't really bad.. He just looks awkward doing whatever he does and that skews perception a bit.

Once he gets the idea right..the rest will be history

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 1:08am On Sep 16, 2020
Shaw has been fully fit a handful of times in his United career and on those very rare occasions, he looks very decent.

The injury comes, he gains weight, comes back and takes forever to reach full fitness and loses his place in the process and the situation gets worse with him on the bench until he probably injures himself again

It's just a shame that we are likely going another season hoping this year will be different instead of actively taking steps
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 5:50am On Sep 16, 2020
#OleOUT

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:44am On Sep 16, 2020
GloryIsaac:

If Sancho comes and gets injured like Pulisic or Dembele?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 7:35am On Sep 16, 2020
You couldn't even secure Regulion? What a useless club.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 7:47am On Sep 16, 2020
Oh... Sanwó-Olú

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by spillo1: 8:04am On Sep 16, 2020
PietroRick:
That or we use 352 and depend on our fullbacks (gulps) for width
The only issue with this 352 is where do you accommodate AWB. He cannot player RCB or RWB. Also it's a very boring formation and can't accommodate our 5 Horsemen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SirAce: 8:16am On Sep 16, 2020
nani667:
#OleOUT

E b like Ronaldo score for in debut match for scummies oh cool

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 8:17am On Sep 16, 2020
PietroRick:
first things first, the possibility of a left back coming in was left open in my post. I said wide forward

Then again, Shaw just needs to work on his fitness. A lot of times he doesn't make the runs he is supposed to not because he doesn't know what needs to be done, he often doesn't have the lungs for it.

AWB just needs more personal coaching. He often doesn't know what to do. His execution while not the best, isn't really bad.. He just looks awkward doing whatever he does and that skews perception a bit.

Once he gets the idea right..the rest will be history
You Sabi. The way he carries the ball is laughable but the guy has thrown in some deadly passes

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 8:32am On Sep 16, 2020
Nezzjnr:
Big man Obainojazz how u doing

That your mail still dey reachable
Yes brother
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:13am On Sep 16, 2020
Nezzar is gone.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:18am On Sep 16, 2020
olabode89:

People were crying because Mou was planning to bin Martial for Perisic.

I see Zero problems with signing Perisic on a 2 + 1 years contract. Perisic is also a no nonsense player, someone like that will add more to the team. It will also ensure Greenwood gets enough minutes.

I think Bayern and Inter couldn't come to an agreement on a price.

Show me a place mourinho was planning to sell martial for Perisic.... shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 10:28am On Sep 16, 2020
odizeey:
Nezzar is gone.

What exactly does this statement mean?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamJ(m): 10:30am On Sep 16, 2020
afrodoc2:

1) I think Dortmund are really serious and won't even sell him to us now if we come this late in the window and they can't get an adequate replacement.

2) If we go by the true value of players he is not worth that amount, especially in this post-COVID era where all clubs are feeling the pinch. However most players are sold for more than they are actually worth, therefore if you go by Karvetz 80m Euro, Victor Osimhen 72m Euro, Chilwell 50m Euro then Sancho should be worth about 100m Euro.

3) I don't want him to be bought for 120m Euro especially this late in the season because of the added and unnecessary pressure that he will face.
Firstly he would be the first 100m pound English player. Secondly coming after the foolishly protracted negotiations there will be so much scrutiny compared to if we had done it quickly and early in the window. Thirdly he would be coming without any pre-season with his new team mates.

To summarize, it is a complex situation and even though i would prefer us not to go above 90m pounds i.e 100m Euro, i think we might have to if we mean business.

Both sides have good arguments but i don't see why some are insulting each other and going so personal with the issue though.

Lastly Sancho or no Sancho we need a LB to compete with Shaw and keep him on his toes. Move Williams to RB as an attacking sub for AWB.
using euros to inflate Chelsea transfers

And pounds to reduce united's offer cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 10:42am On Sep 16, 2020
I prefer telles to regullion anyways, fvck Madrid and Tottenham
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by FergieRaww(m): 10:46am On Sep 16, 2020
KingAlabi:

Lol history club grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 11:00am On Sep 16, 2020
odizeey:
Nezzar is gone.
Guy, come explain ds tin biko
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:06am On Sep 16, 2020
chidexxy007:

Guy, come explain ds tin biko
His moniker has been arrested
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 11:19am On Sep 16, 2020
pharod:

What exactly does this statement mean?
Ban na.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 11:19am On Sep 16, 2020
odizeey:
Nezzar is gone.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 11:21am On Sep 16, 2020
E no die o.

His post was wiped so you guessed he was banned as usual. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Segedinho(m): 12:03pm On Sep 16, 2020
KingAlabi:
Prefers FC.

grin cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 16, 2020
odizeey:
E no die o.

His post was wiped so you guessed he was banned as usual. cheesy
I heard anti-spam bot has been on rampage since yesternight.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8483) (8484) (8485) (8486) (8487) (8488) (8489) ... (14200) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.