Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,865 members, 7,855,549 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 03:17 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (852) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8850834 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) ... (14211) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
Last season, who fouled up the signings? Moyes or Woodward?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 12:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
afrodoc:
Young is playing well no doubt, long may it continue.

A big amen to that. Seems as if his new role fits him well. However, if he reverts back to those 1diotic in-swinging crosses,the likes of crystal palace and black pool are waiting in the wings...

afrodoc:
But Fellaini and especially Anderson should be sold.......why won't he cop a calf injury when the tiny legs are carrying his big tummy?

How that tele-tubby still remains a man utd player...should be the 8th wonder of the world.i'm beginning to think there's more to it.

afrodoc:
I never advocated Cleverley being sold, i have always believed he should be kept as a SQUAD player. However i am not one of those that have compared him to Kroos,Gotze,Thiago etc grin

shocked shocked shocked

He isn't good enough to clean the boots of the aforementioned players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
RuuDie: Last season, who fouled up the signings? Moyes or Woodward?
Both.
Who launched the late bid for Herrera that saw our men go there on deadline day?
Or have you forgotten the fiasco of the fake United officials?
Who allowed Fellaini's release clause to be triggered and who could not even knock down the price from common everton?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 12:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
RuuDie: Last season, who fouled up the signings? Moyes or Woodward?

Woodward.
Moyes fouled up the training, team selection, formation and play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:50pm On Aug 13, 2014
afrodoc:
I suspect you are very good at reading, i never mentioned injuries.Using injuries as an excuse is just that, an excuse. U neglect the fact that he is playing a different role. I said Young is playing well now. He just might make a decent wing back but as winger he is still mediocre. Only last week Van Gaal was saying we have NO WORLD CLASS WINGER cheesy. The best talent we have on the wings is Nani but he is never consistent. Valencia should not even be a footballer.

this is a very cheap attempt at scraping the barrel. ashley young's role hasn't changed - don't make it look like a change in position improved his performance so you can have a leg to stand on. valencia is also playing in a "different position" according to your logic, why hasn't valencia improved too? cheesy young provides the width - point blank period!

young played in a 4-man midfield under fergie/moyes in a 4-4-2 formation young is playing in a 4-man midfield under van gaal in 3-4-1-2 formation. in both cases, the 4-man midfield contains 2 central midfielders, so what has changed? instead of you to admit your prognosis on young was flawed, you are looking for lame excuses.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 12:51pm On Aug 13, 2014
Dadehmola:

A big amen to that. However, if he reverts back to those 1diotic in-swinging crosses,the likes of crystal palace and black pool are waiting in the wings...

How that tele-tubby still remains a man utd player should be the 8th wonder of the world.i'm beginning to think there's more to it.

shocked shocked shocked

He isn't good enough to clean the boots of the aforementioned players.

Coogar thinks he is as good as those guys going forward, when the most consistent knock against Cleverley is that he does not go forward enough
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 12:54pm On Aug 13, 2014
coogar:

this is a very cheap attempt at scraping the barrel. ashley young's role hasn't changed - don't make it look like a change in position improved his performance so you can have a leg to stand on. valencia is also playing in a "different position" according to your logic, why hasn't valencia improved too? cheesy

young played in a 4-man midfield under fergie/moyes in a 4-4-2 formation young is playing in a 4-man midfield under van gaal in 3-4-1-2 formation. in both cases, the 4-man midfield contains 2 central midfielders, so what has changed? instead of you to admit your prognosis on young was flawed, you are looking for lame excuses.

I already told you Valencia should not be footballer. Go talk Valencia with your twin Elampawa.
Last week you said a wing back does the same thing as a full back, this week you are saying a wing back does the same thing as a winger.
If you can't see the contradiction in that then i can't help you
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
afrodoc: [/b]
Cleverley as good as Kroos,Thiago and Gotze in terms of creativity? Comparing him to Thiago and Gotze in that respect is blasphemous.
As per Kroos: if you took away composure,incisive passing and ambidexterous mid to long range shooting from Kroos you would get Cleverley.

cleverley is as good if not better than the aforementioned players & i stand by it. if we had kroos in place of cleverley last season, our position would still have remained 7th or perhaps 8th.

why does kroos shine for his team? he had a muller instead of fat rooney, he had schweini instead of the lethargic carrick last season & he had robben/ribery on the wings instead of a useless one-footed valencia & an unproven featherweight janujaz.

afrodoc:
I already told you Valencia should not be footballer. Go talk Valencia with your twin Elampawa.
Last week you said a wing back does the same thing as a full back, this week you are saying a wing back does the same thing as a winger.
If you can't see the contradiction in that then i can't help you

no...
don't confuse yourself. last week, i said there's nothing young is doing now that he wasn't doing in the previous seasons. all premier league wingers defend & cover for their full backs. i cited baines, coleman, rafael & evra. they are full-back/winger rolled into one.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 12:57pm On Aug 13, 2014
coogar:

cleverley is as good if not better than the aforementioned players & i stand by it. if we had kroos in place of cleverley last season, our position would still have remained 7th or perhaps 8th.

why does kroos shine for his team? he had a muller instead of fat rooney, he had schweini instead of the lethargic carrick last season & he had robben/ribery on the wings instead of a useless one-footed valencia & an unproven featherweight janujaz.

for your mind bro, for your mind.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:58pm On Aug 13, 2014
I don tire for all these speculations, abet make we win our initial 8 games first jare
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 1:00pm On Aug 13, 2014
afrodoc:

Coogar thinks he is as good as those guys going forward, when the most consistent knock against Cleverley is that he does not go forward enough

"I watch Spanish football a lot. If they pass the ball sideways but keep possession, the fans clap them," he told the Daily Mirror.
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-cleverley-people-don-39-t-appreciate-084436829--sow.html

When the player himself confirmed his cluelessness and "sidewayness" just a few months ago?

Some kind arguments dey baseless, trust me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2014
coogar:

no...
don't confuse yourself. last week, i said there's nothing young is doing now that he wasn't doing in the previous seasons. all premier league wingers defend & cover for their full backs. i cited baines, coleman, rafael & evra. they are full-back/winger rolled into one.

well i think u should pass on ur tips to the old trafford admin because your manager Van Gaal believes there is no world class winger in the squad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:07pm On Aug 13, 2014
afrodoc:
for your mind bro, for your mind.

you guys know nothing about football. so we would have won the premier league last season if we had kroos in place of cleverley? grin

why not go further & say west ham would have made the top 4 if they had kroos in their midfield last season? how can you talk about kroos & not talk about the wonderful support around him?

rooney isn't muller. carrick isn't schweinsteiger. fellaini isn't lahm. ribery/robben aren't valencia/janujaz. even world class players struggle in a team of mediocre players & this is why ronaldo/messi may never win the world cup.

afrodoc:
well i think u should pass on ur tips to the old trafford admin because your manager Van Gaal believes there is no world class winger in the squad

of course, no winger is performing to the required standard as of now because their confidence was eroded by moyes who crashed the defending champions into the 7th position last season.

as for not having a world class winger in the team, that's nonsense. nani is twice better than di maria. i would even have a very fit ashley young before di maria. form is temporary, class is permanent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:12pm On Aug 13, 2014
coogar:

you guys know nothing about football. so we would have won the premier league last season if we had kroos in place of cleverley? grin

why not go further & say west ham would have made the top 4 if they had kroos in their midfield last season? how can you talk about kroos & not talk about the wonderful support around him?

rooney isn't muller. carrick isn't schweinsteiger. fellaini isn't lahm. ribery/robben aren't valencia/janujaz. even world class players struggle in a team of mediocre players & this is why ronaldo/messi may never win the world cup.

who said anything about us winning the league? you like arguing with yourself sha.
well if cleverley is as good or better than kroos,gotze and alcantara to you.....that na for your mind.

i am sure joetex frimpong too would have been saying if it was figo and zidane feeding him passes instead of ndidi anumunu and david tyakase he would have won WPOTY 2002 instead of ronaldo da lima cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
coogar:

of course, no winger is performing to the required standard as of now because their confidence was eroded by moyes who crashed the defending champions into the 7th position last season.

as for not having a world class winger in the team, that's nonsense. nani is twice better than di maria. i would even have a very fit ashley young before di maria. form is temporary, class is permanent.

tell that to van gaal, oh ye that knows football
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
afrodoc:
who said anything about us winning the league? you like arguing with yourself sha.
well if cleverley is as good or better than kroos,gotze and alcantara to you.....that na for your mind.

so why is cleverley poor then?
since kroos wouldn't have improved our position if he was playing instead of cleverley, how is he then better than cleverley? logic faileth thee once again.

are you saying cleverley wouldn't look thrice as good if he was playing in real madrid or the bayern team of last season? we have all watched boateng - a defender less talented than blackett looked like a world class player in the german team.

bring boateng back to stoke or everton & watch him get exposed again & again. you should stop rating a player with the sum of a team's output. muller has outclassed messi & ronaldo in the last 2 world cups cos he plays in a better team than the messi/ronaldo.

if we were to judge them based on world cup games alone then muller is 20 times better than the duo but is that the case in reality? you have your answer, afrodoc. kroos is a very good midfielder but he doesn't pull the trees on his own. bayern would still be what they are with or without kroos!

afrodoc: [/b]
tell that to van gaal, oh ye that knows football

if this is your reply to my well-laid out logic then you have no business analysing football matters on these pages. go & sit on van gaal's lap and hear grandpapa stories from him.

if the support doesn't matter, why has muller outclassed messi/ronaldo in the last 2 world cups?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:21pm On Aug 13, 2014
coogar:

since kroos wouldn't have improved our position if he was playing instead of cleverley, how is he then better than cleverley? logic faileth thee once again.

are you saying cleverley wouldn't look thrice as good if he was playing in real madrid or the bayern team of last season? we have all watched boateng - a defender less talented than blackett looked like a world class player in the german team.

bring boateng back to stoke or everton & watch him get exposed again & again. you should stop rating a player with the sum of a team's output. muller has outclassed messi & ronaldo in the last 2 world cups cos he plays in a better team than the messi/ronaldo.

if we were to judge them based on world cup games alone then muller is 20 times better than the duo but is that the case in reality? you have your answer, afrodoc. kroos is a very good midfielder but he doesn't pull his trees in his own. bayern would still be what they are with or without kroos!

oh so u agree that cleverley is poor? then why are we having this debate? bar man! serve that coogar one Gulder cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 1:22pm On Aug 13, 2014
afrodoc:
i am sure joetex frimpong too would have been saying if it was figo and zidane feeding him passes instead of ndidi anumunu and david tyakase he would have won WPOTY 2002 instead of ronaldo da lima cheesy

cheesy grin
Baba, so you also followed the "people's elephant" back in those days?

Chop knuckle! wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2014
afrodoc:

oh so u agree that cleverley is poor? then why are we having this debate? bar man! serve that coogar one Gulder

logic faileth thee once again!
why is cleverley poor - according to your flawed logic? read between the lines
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2014
Cleverly is the worst midfield we've now.
Other midfielders are known for atleast one quality including Anderson, who's known for constant attack play irrespective of the opponent, but Cleverly?! Players would wish more of his likes as their opponent.

Cluelessness is an understatement. He is in the team cos of the state of our midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
coogar:

if we were to judge them based on world cup games alone then muller is 20 times better than the duo but is that the case in reality? you have your answer, afrodoc. kroos is a very good midfielder but he doesn't pull his trees in his own. bayern would still be what they are with or without kroos!

if this is your reply to my well-laid out logic then you have no business analysing football matters on these pages. go & sit on van gaal's lap and hear grandpapa stories from him.

if the support doesn't matter, why has muller outclassed messi/ronaldo in the last 2 world cups?

your regular homoerotic sentiments are quite worrying. But that aside your analogy is quite flawed. any yeoman footballer can then claim that if he had iniesta and xavi in midifeld he too could outscore Messi...thats really weak. Cleverley should show signs he is up to it first.
If cleverley moves to real (LOL) all that will be thrice obvious is that he does not belong in that rarefied air.....same way Valencia was better with fellow otu players in Wigan

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:29pm On Aug 13, 2014
coogar:

logic faileth thee once again!
why is cleverley poor - according to your flawed logic? read between the lines

ok...u stumbled with English there....u should have said "how" not "why".
thank me later cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:29pm On Aug 13, 2014
chrisley024: Cleverly is the worst midfield we've now.
Other midfielders are known for atleast one quality including Anderson, who's known for constant attack play irrespective of the opponent, but Cleverly?! Players would wish more of his likes as their opponent.

Cluelessness is an understatement. He is in the team cos of the state of our midfield.

cleverley is one of our best midfielders - he's the best one touch passer in the team. he rarely loses possession. he always makes himself available to receive a pass & he gives it back while he quickly moves into space. his off the ball movement is the best in the history of man utd midfield.

it's a shame we don't have mobile midfielders who think intelligently like he does. go & watch all our games. i stopped counting at the 1000th occasion when cleverley passes the ball, runs into space to receive the pass & never got the ball because the player he passed to decided to dïck around & lose the ball.

afrodoc:
ok...u stumbled with English there....u should have said "how" not "why".
thank me later cheesy

it's the same....
the other part of the paragraph should have told you what i was talking about. since kroos wouldn't have improved our final position last season if he was playing instead of cleverley, why do you then think cleverley is poor?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2014
afrodoc:

your regular homoerotic sentiments are quite worrying. But that aside your analogy is quite flawed. any yeoman footballer can then claim that if he had iniesta and xavi in midifeld he too could outscore Messi...thats really weak. Cleverley should show signs he is up to it first.
If cleverley moves to real (LOL) all that will be thrice obvious is that he does not belong in that rarefied air.....same way Valencia was better with fellow otu players in Wigan

To be fair though, you would score buckets even if you were blind and on a wheelchair with that pair supplying you

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2014
Dadehmola:

cheesy grin
Baba, so you also followed the "people's elephant" back in those days?

Chop knuckle! wink

wa gbayi baba mi. cheesy
ndidi on the right was my favorite.
one-eyed okemiri at left back, ekene ezenwa, ayaya,onyekachi okonkwo e.t.c
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:35pm On Aug 13, 2014
Nihilist:

To be fair though, you would score buckets even if you were blind and on a wheelchair with that pair supplying you

LOL but is that enough for frimpong to challenge ronaldo da lima? or davidson owumi or dion dublin to challenge marco van basten?
at what point do u stop blaming others and own your own failures and limitations?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:35pm On Aug 13, 2014
afrodoc:
your regular homoerotic sentiments are quite worrying. But that aside your analogy is quite flawed. any yeoman footballer can then claim that if he had iniesta and xavi in midifeld he too could outscore Messi...thats really weak.

it's a valid claim!
we all saw ronaldo's laboured performances for portugal at the world cup. the world best player couldn't get out of his group. the moment he wore the white shirt last night, he was back to his winning & scoring ways....

coincidence??

Cleverley should show signs he is up to it first.

cleverley showed that sign when he gave yaya toure & gareth barry the beating of their lives some 3 seasons ago when we had a team. his form continued till he got injured.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 1:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
afrodoc:

LOL but is that enough for frimpong to challenge ronaldo da lima? or davidson owumi or dion dublin to challenge marco van basten?
at what point do u stop blaming others and own your own failures and limitations?

I'm not gonna lie, cleverly is very very average.
But there is logic in the claim that playing in a better team can elevate individual performance, just as playing in dull team can dull skills...remember Macsherano was benched at WEST HAM
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
coogar:

it's a valid claim!
we all saw ronaldo's laboured performances for portugal at the world cup. the world best player couldn't get out of his group. the moment he wore the white shirt last night, he was back to his winning & scoring ways....

coincidence??

cleverley showed that sign when he gave yaya toure & gareth barry the beating of their lives some 3 seasons ago [/b]when we had a team. his form continued till he got [b]injured.

those words stuck out like a sore thumb. give us something we don't need the history books to confirm.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
Nihilist:

I'm not gonna lie, cleverly is very very average.
But there is logic in the claim that playing in a better team can elevate individual performance, just as playing in dull team can dull skills...remember Macsherano was benched at WEST HAM

nobody is arguing that logic, at least i am not.
but is it enough to think cleverley is as good as those guys just simply because they have better players round them?
chelsea might as well buy Mulumbu to replace Matic, at least Mulumbu will be at least as good as Matic cos Mulumbu right now has poor players round him cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 1:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
afrodoc:

wa gbayi baba mi. cheesy
ndidi on the right was my favorite.
one-eyed okemiri at left back, ekene ezenwa, ayaya,onyekachi okonkwo e.t.c

Muri ogunbiyi (the guy from Benin republic), na im dey always form paul scholes for midfield that time. Then the one-eyed ogbonaya okemiri, Maldini-esque romanus orjinta, etc! cheesy cheesy

Gov orji uzor kalu sef dey follow coaches Sidon for bench that time...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 1:49pm On Aug 13, 2014
afrodoc:

nobody is arguing that logic, at least i am not.
but is it enough to think cleverley is as good as those guys just simply because they have better players round them?
chelsea might as well buy Mulumbu to replace Matic, at least Mulumbu will be at least as good as Matic cos Mulumbu right now has poor players round him cheesy

LMAO

Na the logic I just dey talk o...unfortunately cleverly is a player who defies logic. A non-clever player named cleverly. An average player playing for a top side. A fallacy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) ... (14211) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.