Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,677 members, 7,865,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:34 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (876) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8880324 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:52pm On Aug 16, 2014
Dadehmola:

I know it's too early to judge oo, but imagine the Netherlands playing 3-4-1-2 without a player like robben. What do you think ?

They won't post much threat. This is my fear when Rooney and RVP will pair.

Apart from Robben, they have other hard workers like Kuyt and Sneijder.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:52pm On Aug 16, 2014

is that a bird shïtting in young's mouth? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:01pm On Aug 16, 2014
Dadehmola:

I know it's too early to judge oo, but imagine the Netherlands playing 3-4-1-2 without a player like robben. What do you think ?
Very good question. But Rooney takes his position
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:03pm On Aug 16, 2014
chrisley024: Very good question. But Rooney takes his position

rooney = robben
hernandez = van persie
mata = sneijder

the contrast is glaring!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:06pm On Aug 16, 2014
Robben terrorizes from the wing. May be Rooney should be told to drift far from Chicharito. Welbeck is the one playing close to what Robben does for Holland.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 7:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
elampiro:

They won't post much threat. This is my fear when Rooney and RVP will pair.

Apart from Robben, they have other hard workers like Kuyt and Sneijder.

From the look of things, the defence might not be our only concern if our no10 isn't ontop of his game - We may actually find ourselves struggling to create chances. I can't remember Swansea'a keeper having any save to make that's worthy of mention. That we played at home even makes it worse.

I just hope LVG knows what he's doing..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:18pm On Aug 16, 2014
* I always think when Rooney is played as a top 9, he's being under utilized. To play him in top two with Chicha is a shortage to the team. Under SAF or Moyes, Rooney would have dropped deep today.

* RVP is almost like Chicha. RVP could have less than 20 touches in a match. I think the formation might not suit us iunless Welbeck is one of the top two men or Rooney and RVP strike a good partnership. Otherwise, if it was what I saw in USA, then only one of Rooney/RVP/Chicha should play in the front two.

* May be Gaal has to change the formation so that we play either RVP or Rooney upfront. Chicha is always better as a super sub.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:22pm On Aug 16, 2014
ramsey rescues arsenal again for the 2000th time. cometh the hour, cometh the man.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 7:22pm On Aug 16, 2014
chrisley024: Very good question. But Rooney takes his position

Yeah, but we know Rooney will never be a robben who would pick the ball up from midfield and dribble his way into the opponents danger zone, in the process creating spaces for his team mates to run into.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
Dadehmola:

From the look of things, the defence might not be our only concern if our no10 isn't ontop of his game - We may actually find ourselves struggling to create chances. I can't remember Swansea'a keeper having any save to make that's worthy of mention. That we played at home even makes it worse.

I have never felt Mata would be great for us. I might be wrong at the end. What value did the £37m add to us last season? How can a team spend £37m on an established player who already was used to the EPL and got rubbished by City and Liverpool at OT? Our position didn't change on the log, instead we lost all hope of catching the top teams.

He has a great ability to bring the ball under control, but he's not a force of his own. We already had Kagawa who plays nearly same style as Mata.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2014
Dadehmola:

Yeah, but we know Rooney will never be a robben who would pick the ball up from midfield and dribble his way into the opponents danger zone, in the process creating spaces for his team mates to run into.

...and Di Maria can do that. The reason I have been singing his name.

Nani did it once today. Anderson use to have a forward play. Now we are all left with soft passers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:34pm On Aug 16, 2014
Dadehmola:
How exactly should he justify his salary in a match like this? By scoring(like he did), and then racing 100yards to take the place of young- the-m0r0n in the buildup to the 2nd goal we conceded?

No. He should watch and emulate what the likes of Ronaldo and Messi do almost week in week out every season; then and only then, will he have justified the massive investment and trust UTD have put on him!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
RuuDie:

No. He should watch and emulate what the likes of Ronaldo and Messi do almost week in week out every season; then and only then, will he have justified the massive investment and trust UTD have put on him!

he watches them, he sees what they do but the fat boy just lack the ability to lead or inspire the team.

look at his history here, what have we won in the seasons rooney has been the main man? start from 03/04 till 13/14......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheBigUrban2: 7:41pm On Aug 16, 2014

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:43pm On Aug 16, 2014
elampiro:
* I always think when Rooney is played as a top 9, he's being under utilized. To play him in top two with Chicha is a shortage to the team. Under SAF or Moyes, Rooney would have dropped deep today.

* RVP is almost like Chicha. RVP could have less than 20 touches in a match. I think the formation might not suit us iunless Welbeck is one of the top two men or Rooney and RVP strike a good partnership. Otherwise, if it was what I saw in USA, then only one of Rooney/RVP/Chicha should play in the front two.

* May be Gaal has to change the formation so that we play either RVP or Rooney upfront. Chicha is always better as a super sub.

Na wah oh. When dem play Rooney anywhere else apart from striking position, e go vex!

Dadehmola:

After just one game; bros calm down na...
Anyway na LVG get fvck up. If Mata wasn't performing, he had the option to replace him with Kagawa or Januzaj; or replace him with Welbeck so that Rooney drops back into the hole and Welbeck and Chicha can pair upfront.

Like I said before, if to sey na Moyes - thread for don enter 1000 again!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:43pm On Aug 16, 2014
TheBigUrban2: www.nairaland.com/attachments/1631532_moyes_miss_me_now_png0f61fb8523f08e59bfa362d7ac17fc90

no one misses a failure!
moyes would have lost 0-4 today if he was here.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:52pm On Aug 16, 2014
coogar:

look at his history here, what have we won in the seasons rooney has been the main man? start from 03/04 till 13/14......

In as much I don't want to go into details, I will point out one fact. Remove Rooney from the team, we wouldn't win so much. Ronaldo struggled in the matches Rooney didn't play. In the last 5 years ( we won 2 titles), Rooney had the highest goals+assist in the whole of EPL- in 5 years. I ran into that start recently.

In 2010/11 Rooney goals won us more points than Berbatov goals. Rooney also played more matches than Berba and Chicha despite coming in late to the season. So, Rooney was the main man. Besides, we were second or third on the table until Rooney became fit.

I am not going to run pages with you. I have mentioned my observation. It is funny you did not put one blame on Young today and you are defending Mata. But you won't stop blaming Rooney and Januzaj. Keep it up. If Torres comes to United today, you will spill your last blood to defend him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 7:53pm On Aug 16, 2014
elampiro:

I have never felt Mata would be great for us. I might be wrong at the end. What value did the £37m add to us last season? How can a team spend £37m on an established player who already was used to the EPL and got rubbished by City and Liverpool at OT? Our position didn't change on the log, instead we lost all hope of catching the top teams.

He has a great ability to bring the ball under control, but he's not a force of his own. We already had Kagawa who plays nearly same style as Mata.

Mata is a player who can unlock the opponent's defence by taking up intelligent positions and threading passes. He can also score goals but the dude appears to be really struggling. I was expecting to see a rejuvenated mata under LVG but from even from the pre-season games, I still haven't seen the player who was virtually the chief creator in every Chelsea attacking move whilst he was there.

Like I said earlier, it's still early days sha. Here's hoping he discovers his form.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheBigUrban2: 7:55pm On Aug 16, 2014
Dadehmola:

Mata is a player who can unlock the opponent's defence by taking up intelligent positions and threading passes. He can also score goals but the dude appears to be really struggling. I was expecting to see a rejuvenated mata under LVG but from even from the pre-season games, I still haven't seen the player who was virtually the chief creator in every Chelsea attacking move whilst he was there.

Like I said earlier, it's still early days sha. Here's hoping he discovers his form.

True talk

Mata used to be great.....the guy seems to be suffering from Torres syndrome
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
Dadehmola:

Players like Mata thrive in teams with strong midfielders. Our midfield has been poor, anyone number 10 plays with a slow midfield will be poor. Irrespective of this, Mata is not a player I think we should have spent £37m. The number 10 wasn't our worry.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sublimes: 8:03pm On Aug 16, 2014
Dadehmola:

That is why we need Di Maria, Di Maria will be to United what Robben was to Holland under LVG. Give us De jong/Vidal, Blind, Varane and Di Maria.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
elampiro:
In as much I don't want to go into details, I will point out one fact. Remove Rooney from the team, we wouldn't win so much. Ronaldo struggled in the matches Rooney didn't play. In the last 5 years we won 2 titles, he had the highest goals+assist in the whole of EPL. I ran into that start recently.
In 2010/11 Rooney goals won us more points than Berbatov goals. Rooney also played more matches than Berba and Chicha despite coming in late to the season. So, Rooney was the main man. Besides, we were second or third on the table until Rooney became fit.
I am not going to run pages with you. I have mentioned my observation. It is funny you did not put one blame on Young today and you are defending Mata. But you won't stop blaming Rooney and Januzaj. Keep it up. If Torres comes to United today, you will spill your last blood to defend him.

story!

ronaldo was the main man ever since ruud left man utd. ronaldo carried us through from 06/07 till 08/09.

rooney became the main man in 09/10 & we won nothing. he scored plenty of goals but forgot to score in the games that matter.

in 10/11, berbatov was the main man. he won a golden boot & was assisted at times by chicharito. rooney wanted out that season as he couldn't bear the fact he was outplayed by a bulgarian & a mexican.

in 11/12, SAF decided to give rooney one last chance to redeem himself in an advanced role. berbatov was relegated to the bench even though he scored more goals than the number of starts. we finished trophyless yet again with rooney becoming anonymous in the games that matter(wigan, everton & city)

in 12/13, SAF had enough of rooney project. he went all out to splash £24m on a 29-year old striker and he made van persie the main man. we won the league by a distance with rooney becoming peripheral at OT!

13/14, moyes made rooney the main man again and he disappointed moyes. we finished below everton & spurs and were out in all competitions bar champions league. van persie came back from injury to score a hatrick that got us a q/final match with bayern munich....rooney single-handedly lost us that game in munich as he stunk out the whole of munich with the most pathetic display by a united striker in european history!

it's 14/15......with rooney leading the line and us starting the season with a loss at home. so i ask again, when has rooney single-handedly steered united into glory like ronaldo, ruud, berbatov or cantona, etc have done?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:06pm On Aug 16, 2014
RuuDie:

After just one game; bros calm down na...
Anyway na LVG get fvck up. If Mata wasn't performing, he had the option to replace him with Kagawa or Januzaj; or replace him with Welbeck so that Rooney drops back into the hole and Welbeck and Chicha can pair upfront.

Mata's performance today was shocking. This was a player who could arguably bench iniesta some 2-3 seasons ago. Even at his worst, I didn't expect such a lethargic performance from him today, considering the fact that he played in his favorite position. Na my fear gangan be that..

RuuDie:
Like I said before, if to sey na Moyes - thread for don enter 1000 again!

Make I no lie, I saw no difference between today's performance and the ones against those rubbish teams wey dey flog us for oldtrafford last season.

I just hope "it's still too early to judge"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheBigUrban2: 8:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
coogar:

story!

ronaldo was the main man ever since ruud left man utd. ronaldo carried us through from 06/07 till 08/09.

rooney became the main man in 09/10 & we won nothing. he scored plenty of goals but forgot to score in the games that matter.

in 10/11, berbatov was the main man. he won a golden boot & was assisted at times by chicharito. rooney wanted out that season as he couldn't bear the fact he was outplayed by a bulgarian & a mexican.

in 11/12, SAF decided to give rooney one last chance to redeem himself in an advanced role. berbatov was relegated to the bench even though he scored more goals than the number of starts. we finished trophyless yet again with rooney becoming anonymous in the games that matter(wigan, everton & city)

in 12/13, SAF had enough of rooney project. he went all out to splash £24m on a 29-year old striker and he made van persie the main man. we won the league by a distance with rooney becoming peripheral at OT!

13/14, moyes made rooney the main man again and he disappointed moyes. we finished below everton & spurs and were out in all competitions bar champions league. van persie came back from injury to score a hatrick that got us a q/final match with bayern munich....rooney single-handedly lost us that game in munich as he stunk out the whole of munich with the most pathetic display by a united striker in european history!

it's 14/15......with rooney leading the line and us starting the season with a loss at home. so i ask again, when has rooney single-handedly steered united into glory like ronaldo, ruud, berbatov or cantona, etc have done?

See analysis!!

I hail ooo!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:10pm On Aug 16, 2014
sublimes: That is why we need Di Maria, Di Maria will be to United what Robben was to Holland under LVG. Give us De jong/Vidal, Blind, Varane and Di Maria.

The problem is that Rooney or Rvp will have to drop to the bench, unless di Maria will play as no 10
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:19pm On Aug 16, 2014
coogar:

story!

* We have done these arguments over and over again. I also pulled out stats and tables to buttress my points. Rooney was the main man in 10/11. Berbatov played less matches and scored against few opponents- weak oppsiions. Rooney scored in tougher matches. Whoscored rated Rooney far above Berba.

* in the seasons we won the leagues, Rooney scored many goals and assists to help get many points in the season. In 2009/10 and 2011/12, how many goals did Berba use to help Rooney to win the league? Rooney always does not have a back up to help with good assists and goals.

* despite the above, 2011/12 was probably our best season in terms of points and goals. If Scholes didn't retire we should have been champion by March.

* In 2009/10, injury to Rooney cost us. After the Munich match, he was played hru pain and the remainder of the season. If Berba filled the gap, we would be champion.

Any way na you know. Your sentimental opinion. I have mine. Yours doesn't affect me, same with mine for you.

Argument closed!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:20pm On Aug 16, 2014
RuuDie:

True, but me thinks the dude should be spared in times like this. He might not have been able to bail us out but aside the fact that he scored, one can't say he had a bad game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:24pm On Aug 16, 2014
you can rant till the cows come home, rooney has played no part in any league title or champions league glory united have copped since the glazers.....

if rooney isn't english, he woulda been sold aeons ago. baffling that a player that has spent close to 11 seasons cannot make accurate short passes to the side. more than 5 attacking moves were ruined today cos of rooney's underhit passes from 5-9 yards.

when rooney is on his game, you could mistake him for messi or ronaldo but such moments are once in a blue moon. when rooney is out of form, patience jonathan has a better football brain than him. his bottom level is the worst in the history of association football!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2014
Dadehmola:

Mata's performance today was shocking. This was a player who could arguably bench iniesta some 2-3 seasons ago.

Lai lai. I have never for once saw Mata that way. May be I don't like his type of football. in his hey days, I will take JS Park over Mata.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:29pm On Aug 16, 2014
* and the day Rooney's passes to the sides would be accurate, the story will change. He can't play through the middle. Yet today, we didn't see any playing thru the middle from Mata, despite having too forwards in front of him and Herrera and Fletcher behind him.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:35pm On Aug 16, 2014
elampiro:

Lai lai. I have never for once saw Mata that way. May be I don't like his type of football. in his hey days, I will take JS Park over Mata.

Elampiro, This your obsession with pace, power, endurance and "agidi" is a cause for concern.

I know you would gladly pick Kevin Nolan over David silva anyways..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:37pm On Aug 16, 2014
Dadehmola:

True, but me thinks the dude should be spared in times like this. He might not have been able to bail us out but aside the fact that he scored, one can't say he had a bad game.
Rooney didn't have a bad game?! Rooney that couldn't make simple passes to his fellow players.
All our front 3 players were piss poor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.