Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,368 members, 7,868,081 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:26 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8982) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8886895 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8979) (8980) (8981) (8982) (8983) (8984) (8985) ... (14220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:07pm On Nov 17, 2020
SyIvalord:
[OFFICIAL] Telles tests NEGATIVE to coronavirus.
Thank God.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 10:08pm On Nov 17, 2020
When did the German team become this useless? Sleekdot/Raumdeuter, what happened?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 10:13pm On Nov 17, 2020
Like play, like play this Simon don dey bench De Gea for Spain o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 10:14pm On Nov 17, 2020
Spain dey tear Germany a new one o... 5 - 0
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 10:15pm On Nov 17, 2020
It's five now, Germany disgraced.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 10:16pm On Nov 17, 2020
But you get weird mentality my friend. What does that even mean? Comfort zone? Let me tell you something, some of us still appreciate loyalty, ok. cheesy. I definitely understand your angle. Typical Nigerian. Make i dey move from one place to another like Ashawo. cheesy grin. But i agree with your Argentina argument though. He should have done better.
odizeey:

All his mates claiming GOAT have done things outside their comfort zone. Let him do also. At least, for Argentina.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 10:16pm On Nov 17, 2020
Ermmm.... reports reaching me is that CR7 is in contention to having a stadium named after him...abi they've done it already sef angry

Abeg...just to be sure ... have they named even a poultry farm after Messi before .... someone clarify pls

Anybody I see comparing Messi to CR7 again will be reported to the mods

Even Ibrahimovic seff ....he no reach undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 10:16pm On Nov 17, 2020
olabode89:
Like play, like play this Simon don dey bench De Gea for Spain o.
This is only his second match for Spain.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 10:20pm On Nov 17, 2020
SyIvalord:
This is only his second match for Spain.

3rd match, he has been in goal for the last 3 games. The last two were competitive games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:27pm On Nov 17, 2020
benji93:
But you get weird mentality my friend. What does that even mean? Comfort zone? Let me tell you something, some of us still appreciate loyalty, ok. cheesy. I definitely understand your angle. Typical Nigerian. Make i dey move from one place to another like Ashawo. cheesy grin. But i agree with your Argentina argument though. He should have done better.
No dey curse me dey laugh. I no go laugh with you.

You go chop beating.

Messi is just one of those good attackers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 10:35pm On Nov 17, 2020
olabode89:

3rd match, he has been in goal for the last 3 games. The last two were competitive games.
So 3 matches means he is benching De gea?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 10:38pm On Nov 17, 2020
Kingsley Coman with the awoof goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 11:22pm On Nov 17, 2020
LostMyZeal:
Ermmm.... reports reaching me is that CR7 is in contention to having a stadium named after him...abi they've done it already sef angry

Abeg...just to be sure ... have they named even a poultry farm after Messi before .... someone clarify pls

Anybody I see comparing Messi to CR7 again will be reported to the mods

Even Ibrahimovic seff ....he no reach undecided
The one wey get statue and word wey dey named after am for dictionary? Let's be guided puhleeeeaaaasse grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by schurley(m): 11:32pm On Nov 17, 2020
thorrvik55:

Lol.. He is average at best but somehow he managed to sit Leroy Sane on the bench.

U even managed to sneak in Rashford and Richarlison (LOL) as a better LW than Sterling.. Wonders shall never end. City create one million goal scoring chances a game and Aguero has not won golden boot even once since Pep's arrival..

The only LWs better than Sterling are Mane/Son and those guys are way older and more experienced than him so it's understandable. Sterling has been balling right from his Liverpool days b4 he even moved to City so this ur 1million chances agenda is DOA

I did not in any way claim those players a better than Sterling, my point remain, that Sterling not that exceptional the way you're going about it. After is transfer to City we all knew the poverty numbers he was dropping for City for close to 2 years b4 Guardiola took charge. Put those guys earlier mentioned in the city's squad and see them putting up double figures similar to that of Sterling. Don't forget too that Sane delivered double figure when playing consistently for a whole season before Mahrez was bought the nxt season. Aguero's case different now, It is well known fact that Aguero automatically misses 2-3 month every season due to injury, so his chances of winning the golden boot are slim.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 11:36pm On Nov 17, 2020
I no dey curse you dey laugh. I just can't do without those, cos it's quite funny say you dey think that way. Na confirm i dey tell you. I no know why you go think say person wey no dey move around no fit be undisputed GOAT. I mean why not? Why would you assume that sitting for one place somehow is a dent in his case for GOAT? Talk something else abeg.
And i no mind to chop beating from elders. cheesy
odizeey:

No dey curse me dey laugh. I no go laugh with you.

You go chop beating.

Messi is just one of those good attackers.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by schurley(m): 11:41pm On Nov 17, 2020
Unlimited22:

I'm a bit young so for Spain I can only point out Zubizarreta, Casillas, De Gea, Valdes, Reina and Canizares.

But Germany you have Maier, Kahn, Lehmann, Neuer, MATS, Leno, Butt, Weidenfeller etc etc

Why the deliberate omission of Spanish costliest goalie, doesn't he deserve a goat shout grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by schurley(m): 11:42pm On Nov 17, 2020
afrodoc2:

Zoff, Albertosi, Zenga, Pagliuca, Peruzzi, Buffon, Toldo, Marchegiani.

I think Donaruma too is from Italy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by schurley(m): 11:44pm On Nov 17, 2020
Roland17:

Toldo was so underrated during his time. His era had the best hands for Italy and the competition was tough.

Yeah, he was a magnet in the post back then, thanks to Winning Eleven cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by schurley(m): 1:12am On Nov 18, 2020
randomperson:

Omo! This your rant no just follow at all. Lemme try to make sense of what you said and rebut your points one after the other:

1. If Ronaldo's goalscoring tally improved in la liga because of shitty la liga defenders, why did his goalscoring also improve in champions league after his move to real Madrid? Make sure you answer this please.

2. Are you seriously arguing that Manchester United had a better team than Real madrid? Because if you are, you are clueless. Real Madrid bought two recent world bests in a transfer window to a team that was already star-studded. The only thing Man utd had over real Madrid then was Fergie.

3. With regards to your claim that EPL is more competitive, competitiveness does not connotes quality. Or is the Nigerian league better than EPL because it is more competitive?

4. And I'm not the only one that called him greatest ever, people like Klopp, Rooney, Henry, people that their opinions matter in the football word believe that he is already the greatest ever.

So you can throw tantrums if you like, the people that matter mostly consider him the GOAT, your opinion doesn't matter outside nairaland

1. Ronaldo Cl goals tally in Real was just slightly higher than his figure in United, compared to his astronomical goal increase from 20+ in the Epl to consistence 40+ goals in the Laliga

2. You are the one very clueless and still arrogant with with your cluessness, Real Madrid was in shambles before the arrival of Ronaldo in 2009, infact they were Perennial Uefa Champions league Round of 16 or Quater finalist team at best, despite their galatico signing and Owambe unveiling party, with little to nothing of domestic league sucess. Meanwhile Manyoo were on steroids winning the league three times in a row, with back to back Champions league final appearances. So that narrative you want to paint will not fly.

3 The premier league is the most competitive league thereby difficult for attackers to be pulling outrageous nubers. Ronaldo proved Laliga is easy. He scored most of his goals in Laliga, in the time frame he scored more goals than any other Laliga player... Ronaldo has the best goal ratio in Laliga history.. He left with the most hatrick until Messi recently broke his record, he was the first player to reach 200 goals and 300 goals in Laliga history... it was only in Laliga he scored more goals than the number of games played. 60%-70% of his career goal came in the osho free league, you guys always use Messi to brag about.

4. So no one gave Ronaldo goat shout too, Sir Ferguson, Diego Simeone, Maradona, Zidane, Mbappe, Halaand, and the didn't idolize Cr7 and called him the best?.... I guess the brain is just for aesthetics and decoration if we can't argue for or against with sailent point. My opinion does not matter but yours is the judge and jury?

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:02am On Nov 18, 2020
schurley:

1. Ronaldo Cl goals tally in Real was just slightly higher than his figure in United, compared to his astronomical goal increase from 20+ in the Epl to consistence 40+ goals in the Laliga

2. You are the one very clueless and still arrogant with with your cluessness, Real Madrid was in shambles before the arrival of Ronaldo in 2009, infact they were Perennial Uefa Champions league Round of 16 or Quater finalist team at best, despite their galatico signing and Owambe unveiling party, with little to nothing of domestic league sucess. Meanwhile Manyoo were on steroids winning the league three times in a row, with back to back Champions league final appearances. So that narrative you want to paint will not fly.

3 The premier league is the most competitive league thereby difficult for attackers to be pulling outrageous nubers. Ronaldo proved Laliga is easy. He scored most of his goals in Laliga, in the time frame he scored more goals than any other Laliga player... Ronaldo has the best goal ratio in Laliga history.. He left with the most hatrick until Messi recently broke his record, he was the first player to reach 200 goals and 300 goals in Laliga history... it was only in Laliga he scored more goals than the number of games played. 60%-70% of his career goal came in the osho free league, you guys always use Messi to brag about.

4. So no one gave Ronaldo goat shout too, Sir Ferguson, Diego Simeone, Maradona, Zidane, Mbappe, Halaand, and the didn't idolize Cr7 and called him the best?.... I guess the brain is just for aesthetics and decoration if we can't argue for or against with sailent point. My opinion does not matter but yours is the judge and jury?
For the time spent in Spain, Messi outscored him.

Just to point it out, Ronaldo is 2 years older than Messi so, for Messi to be a couple of goals off his overall career total whilst having more assist shows you how great a player he is...

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by thorrvik55(m): 3:32am On Nov 18, 2020
Olivier Giroud with a brace for France, closing in on becoming their top scorer in history meanwhile Anthony 'Ice-Cold' Martial is still looking for a France goal since 2016

This life truly no balance cry cry

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 3:57am On Nov 18, 2020
thorrvik55:
Olivier Giroud with a brace for France, closing in on becoming their top scorer in history meanwhile Anthony 'Ice-Cold' Martial is still looking for a France goal since 2016

This life truly no balance cry cry

Martial is not a striker, the earlier he let his managers know the better. Let him be there let them kill his career for him.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:15am On Nov 18, 2020
schurley:

I think Donaruma too is from Italy

Donnarumma is just starting. If he retires today nobody will rate him above Sebastian Frey dem.

He should check back in 5 yrs.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 5:27am On Nov 18, 2020
patrickmuf:

Just to point it out, Ronaldo is 2 years older than Messi so, for Messi to be a couple of goals off his overall career total whilst having more assist shows you how great a player he is...

Ronaldo started his career in sporting libson.

Messi started his career in Barcelona.

Remember that the next time you bring up this 2 years older argument.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:31am On Nov 18, 2020
Karleb:

Ronaldo started his career in sporting libson.

Messi started his career in Barcelona.

Remember that the next time you bring up this 2 years older argument.
Ronaldo arrived Spain at the peak of his powers whilst Messi started his career in Spain...

Next time you want to hype his scoring record in Spain, do well to start comparing from the time he joined La Liga...

If he had started his career in Madrid, do you think his record would have looked as good as it is? Considering at a younger age, he wasn't scoring much...

You are always quick to counter without trying to understand someone else's point of view...

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 5:34am On Nov 18, 2020
benji93:
I no dey curse you dey laugh. I just can't do without those, cos it's quite funny say you dey think that way. Na confirm i dey tell you. I no know why you go think say person wey no dey move around no fit be undisputed GOAT. I mean why not? Why would you assume that sitting for one place somehow is a dent in his case for GOAT? Talk something else abeg.
And i no mind to chop beating from elders. cheesy
You can do better sha.

The point is that you can't compare someone who has been in on place to someone who has been in multiple places, overcoming the challenges.

He try. But only kings. Do that stuff. In the old days kings conquer lands. They don't sit one place. Na wetyn make David go sleep with person wife be that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 5:51am On Nov 18, 2020
patrickmuf:
Ronaldo arrived Spain at the peak of his powers whilst Messi started his career in Spain...

Next time you want to hype his scoring record in Spain, do well to start comparing from the time he joined La Liga...

If he had started his career in Madrid, do you think his record would have looked as good as it is? Considering at a younger age, he wasn't scoring much...

You are always quick to counter without trying to understand someone else's point of view...

Oga, you are the one feeling attacked here.

I'm not for or against anyone in this argument but let us argue without sentiments.

Ronaldo started his career at Lisbon at age 17. Libson is an average team compared to Barcelona and Manchester.

Messi started his career at Barcelona. Joined first team at age 16. When he did, he was playing with the one of the best team of that time.

Ronaldo didn't join Manchester until he was 18.

I'm not hyping anyone. The records are there for all to see.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ericbertrand(m): 6:40am On Nov 18, 2020
thorrvik55:

Name Left Wingers in the league better than Sterling, let's start from there
Rashford

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 7:12am On Nov 18, 2020
patrickmuf:

Just to point it out, Ronaldo is 2 years older than Messi so, for Messi to be a couple of goals off his overall career total whilst having more assists shows you how great a player he is...

2 years younger, better goal and assist ratio.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by randomperson: 7:21am On Nov 18, 2020
LostMyZeal:

Look how you conveniently left the "hypocrite" part

Oya...do you think Messi is a hypocrite

Make I know if you dey fear God grin

No, I don't think he's an hypocrite. Or is there a definition of hypocrite I'm not aware of

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by randomperson: 7:48am On Nov 18, 2020
schurley:

1. I see you are not very smart. How can anyone say Ronaldo's goal tally was just slightly higher. In man utd, he scored an average of 5 goals in the UCL per season. At madrid, he scored an average of 11.6 per season.

That's more than double his average at man utd but according to you, his goal tally was just slightly higher. It's obvious you dont know maths.

2. Real madrid won the la liga two out of the three seasons before ronaldo joined. The three seasons after Ronaldo joined they won, they only won once.

And it was not Ronaldo that improved them in champions league because the season he joined they were eliminated by ordinary Lyon in the round of 16. It was after Mourinho came that they started making the semifinals.

Ronaldo was there for 4 years without winning the champions league until they added bale and modric and they won four UCLs in five years.

Those are the facts. Your propaganda has failed.

3. It's incredibly foolish of you to compare the goal average of someone who played his whole career, including his teenage years in a league to someone who only played in the league during his prime.

Salah has a better goal per match average than Ronaldo in the EPL, does it mean Salah is better than Ronaldo?

4. I'm not saying no one gives Ronaldo goat shouts, but you cannot compare it to Messi's. You even have Ronaldo's former teammates and man utd legends call Messi the goat. Rooney, Scholes and David Beckham all recognize Messi as the better and greater player.

This is a link of legends choosing between the two:

https://www.givemesport.com/1559110-football-legends-who-have-chosen-between-cristiano-ronaldo-and-lionel-messi?amp

Here is another link of Peter crouch asking past and current EPL players to choose between them:

https://www.givemesport.com/1559110-football-legends-who-have-chosen-between-cristiano-ronaldo-and-lionel-messi?amp

If even EPL players can choose Messi over Ronaldo, then the truth is in front of you but you cannot admit it because of sentiments.

And that's completely okay, we will admit it for you grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 7:49am On Nov 18, 2020
This is my problem. You are using analogies that do not quite fit. Honestly, what has land conquering or empire expansion got to do with the greatness of a footballer?. They are as far away from each other as possible. I am a little disappointed you don't see this analogy has too many faulty lines. I can't help but assume you just don't like the guy, so there's always the tendency to find any moot excuse to discredit that man. It's ok. It's ok.
odizeey:

You can do better sha.

The point is that you can't compare someone who has been in on place to someone who has been in multiple places, overcoming the challenges.

He try. But only kings. Do that stuff. In the old days kings conquer lands. They don't sit one place. Na wetyn make David go sleep with person wife be that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8979) (8980) (8981) (8982) (8983) (8984) (8985) ... (14220) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: LORDLARGE(m), TrebleChamp(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.