Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,126 members, 7,849,508 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:00 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8833829 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9396) (9397) (9398) (9399) (9400) (9401) (9402) ... (14208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:57pm On Jan 21, 2021
SammyFX:

Ole should start cavani in that game and use three attackers to threaten their defence

I don’t agree with how he deployed Martial and Tashford for that game but I think using 3 attackers will open us up defensively.

How should he line the 3 attackers up?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:03am On Jan 22, 2021
SammyFX:

Ole should start cavani in that game and use three attackers to threaten their defence

Start which cavani. Abeg make Cavani rest abeg. Greenwood and co should play. We need our best players ready and fit for EPL games

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dammywapes(m): 12:10am On Jan 22, 2021
How the coup was planned grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 12:42am On Jan 22, 2021
CapitalCee:

Start which cavani. Abeg make Cavani rest abeg. Greenwood and co should play. We need our best players ready and fit for EPL games

Sometimes when I see your post, I ask myself if you're allergic to trophies...You made this same comment last season about focusing on top four..We made top four losing three semis and guess what, we've won the UCL this season..

What exactly is wrong with starting Cavani against that liverpool defence?.Greenwood and co, meaning James, Lingard them gang should play Liverpool in the FA cup at OT?.Like wtf man. undecided undecided.What exactly do you think ManUtd is all about?..

The EPL you want to focus on has a whopping 18 games remaining..Whatever Ole does this season, he's got to win even if its plastic spoon..Its two goddam years already...This is MANUTD not some mid level club please..

And ffs its Liverpool our biggest rival embarassed embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:53am On Jan 22, 2021
hoopLA:

I remember the hype about Willian when he had his 3 assists in the opening game of the season.

Since then nothing again.

But somehow,no one is talking about that fraudulent signing.

Lol

Willian that we diagnosed as far back as 1914. When Willian started playing professional football i was just finishing youth service and one of my boys that was just finishing school then is now a state commissioner YET Willian has scored just 60 league goals in that time.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 1:13am On Jan 22, 2021
. J
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 1:15am On Jan 22, 2021
Capitalcee:

That's what people dont know. Apart from VVD and Gomez injuries liveepool have a number of problems.
First Salah and Mane are not in good terms and rarely pass to each other, Salah is not happy generally because it seems management and fans like Mane more than him and is ready to leave to show how important he is. Klopp plays specific style and only few players can execute it perfectly to devastating effect so his reluctance to change personnel so he is tolerating them.

TAA as a typical English man has lost a yard of form, only Robertson is still maintaining that level of quality, so their attacking oultlet which is their wing backs is not as wicked as last seasons. He did this at dortmund with Blaszczykowski and Piszeck at Dortmund. Simeone was the one that busted him last season, he used Partey and Correa to stifle TAA and Robertson, making their front 3 to be ineffective. So against them if we can deploy Mctoms and Fred to each of their wingbacks they are done. Keep Matic in front of our defence he is enough for their rarely engaged midfielders, Rashford will run riot against TAA and whoever between Philips/Rhys Williams they play.

Another point is they already have an ageing , They will keep having injuries here and there dye to years of gengen pressing and no rest or change in team members and klopp wont as extremely lucky as he was to gather same type of players, there wont be Barca again to scam 140m for Coutinho, their owners are like Glazers, they wont bring out plenty money, Klopp will eventually become tired and frustrated and run away back to Germany leaving a disjointed squad for Gerrard.

I wrote this few weeks ago, some Liverpool fans laughed me off. Lol.

Klopp is a very good manager and will continue building teams but was very very lucky with sales and recruitment within 2016 to 2018.
These were the key reasons Liverpool did so well these few years, i always knew they will be brought down to earth at some point and soonest.

1. Extremely perfect but very lucky signings. Mane, VVD, Salah, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Robertson and Allison, then somehow Nathaniel Clyne got injured and never regained his place and career. TAA benched him absolutely. That sequence of signing only happens rarely.

2. They somehow got 148m for Coutinho and 20 million for Sokanke. Which they used to splash on Ox, Fabinho and Allison. No sane team will ever buy Liverpool players that insane amount anymore at least for the forseable future. Thats why they will find it difficult to sell Sallah and Mane now, Madrid has learnt a bitter lesson from Hazard likewise Barca on greizmann and Coutinho. Even PSG are becoming shredwder now due to FFP, morever Salah and Mane are Africans and are 29, i wouldn't be surprised if they are on thier way downhill. Before they buy now, thier stingy American owners will have to spend heavy.

I dont see Liverpool getting back to thier best anytime soon it will be downhill from here, and Klopp will eventually run away.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:52am On Jan 22, 2021
When it comes to United, you'll begin to read tales of the opponent as if they're better than that Barcelona team of 2009...

The truth of the matter is that Liverpool is not the same with Fabinho and Henderson in defence as that alone limits the attacking forays of TAA and Robertson, especially TAA...When Gomez and VVD were fit, Klopp deployed Henderson as an auxiliary RB to cover for TAA who doesn't have the needed recovery pace thus TAA becomes an extra man in attack allowing Salah to play more centrally...

If you listened to the commentator on our recent visit to Anfield, he wondered why Rashford was attacking Fabinho's side when it was obvious Hendo is the weaker defender...

I complained that Ole showed too much respect for Liverpool by playing our best players out of position and it affected their overall performance...Even if you must be cautious, at least play your best players in their preferred position, that way, they're more effective...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:18am On Jan 22, 2021
We need to move on from this Liverpool issue. We gained 1 point and they dropped 2 points. That is the way i see it. On to the next one.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:21am On Jan 22, 2021
dammywapes:
No b him o kna rash head no correct
Allison was
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:28am On Jan 22, 2021
There used to be one lfc boy on this thread some weeks ago. The guy has disappeared like the fart of a leprous witch. What's his moniker sef

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 6:35am On Jan 22, 2021
eph12:
There used to be one lfc boy on this thread some weeks ago. The guy has disappeared like the fart of a leprous witch. What's his moniker sef
Nikki something
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 22, 2021
GloryIsaac:
Hopefully, United wins the game and moves 6 points clear. At worse, we walk away with a draw, 1 point secured from Anfield.

Other small teams will cost them points in the race anyway
, and this isn’t a semifinal.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 7:37am On Jan 22, 2021
eph12:
Nikiballer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:43am On Jan 22, 2021
GloryIsaac:

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
It's City that I worry about...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 7:50am On Jan 22, 2021
We may not a better chance of winning the league title any time soon....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 7:57am On Jan 22, 2021
Expert17:

They go use epistle kill you soon cheesy

#WeAreWinningTheLeague
We may not have a better chance, na we get EPL this season....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:01am On Jan 22, 2021
hoopLA:
Who else agrees with me that we could've beaten Liverpool on Sunday?
I said it here that Liverpool was there for the whipping. i was disappointed with our performance, but happy with the point..

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 8:02am On Jan 22, 2021
Leyqute:

You guys should keep this behavior in check.

Reactionary and failing to take things into consideration

1. Would you have the same outburst if Burnley had lost?
2. Did we face this same Liverpool side?

I mean, the attack was blunt. Salah and Firminho were benched for Chamberlain and Origi.

Same with the defense. Fabinho and Matip. You think Rashford wouldn’t eat that Matip for lunch on Sunday ?

Plus it’s not as if Burnley went there for a win. They practically parked the bus all through the game and scored via a penalty.

Did you see the game at all?
No vex for returning to this issue.

But my position is hardly reactionary.
I said that after the game on Sunday. Burnley only reinforced my belief

You are practically making my argument for me. I still say they were there for the taking. Even if we didn't face the same squad, the problems were still the same:the Liverpool squad is low on confidence,severely off form and injury hit.

Even if Burnley didn't go for the win,they played to their strengths and got due reward for sticking with their principles and playing with purpose.

But it's past.
I only hope our failure to capitalize on that Sunday won't bite us long term.

Enough of my rant.

Let's bury the topic.

We move.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:04am On Jan 22, 2021
hoopLA:

No vex for returning to this issue.

But my position is hardly reactionary.
I said that after the game on Sunday. Burnley only reinforced my belief

You are practically making my argument for me. I still say they were there for the taking. Even if we didn't face the same squad, the problems were still the same:the Liverpool squad is low on confidence,severely off form and injury hit.

Even if Burnley didn't go for the win,they played to their strengths and got due reward for sticking with their principles and playing with purpose.

But it's past.
I only hope our failure to capitalize on that Sunday won't bite us long term.

Enough of my rant.

Let's bury the topic.

We move.

Did you see the game?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 8:05am On Jan 22, 2021
afrodoc2:

We need to move on from this Liverpool issue. We gained 1 point and they dropped 2 points. That is the way i see it. On to the next one.
Noted,elder.

I was just expressing my disappointment.

But like you have said,let's move on from this issue.

3 points would've been much nicer.

But it's gone now

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 8:05am On Jan 22, 2021
Leyqute:

Did you see the game?
I did.

And what's your point here?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:09am On Jan 22, 2021
hoopLA:
Lol.

Burnley is fighting relegation. They stuck to their game plan.

United is supposedly in the title race but went there to play cautious.

All against a Liverpool who haven't scored now in 5 games.

Somehow Burnleys manager is now more astute than Ole because he did the impossible of beating Liverpool at the almighty Anfield.

The same impossible that we with much better players couldn't achieve,despite beating the same Burnley like 2 weeks ago.

I just checked again and your name is not on our list of members, Expert17 abeg confirm if hoopLA joined us thru d back door grin.

I concur with your submission, when we say our team is good enough to win games convincingly, some peeps will find excuse to argue why we can't. Ole and the players should just do their very best to bring EPL back to Old Trafford this season....

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:10am On Jan 22, 2021
hoopLA:

I did.

And what's your point here?

Nothing. Just wanted to know.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 22, 2021
patrickmuf:
It's City that I worry about...

KDB seems to be injured. That should impact their momentum negatively, and they have a barrage of fixtures coming up between February and March.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 8:14am On Jan 22, 2021
patrickmuf:
When it comes to United, you'll begin to read tales of the opponent as if they're better than that Barcelona team of 2009...

The truth of the matter is that Liverpool is not the same with Fabinho and Henderson in defence as that alone limits the attacking forays of TAA and Robertson, especially TAA...When Gomez and VVD were fit, Klopp deployed Henderson as an auxiliary RB to cover for TAA who doesn't have the needed recovery pace thus TAA becomes an extra man in attack allowing Salah to play more centrally...

If you listened to the commentator on our recent visit to Anfield, he wondered why Rashford was attacking Fabinho's side when it was obvious Hendo is the weaker defender...

I complained that Ole showed too much respect for Liverpool by playing our best players out of position and it affected their overall performance...Even if you must be cautious, at least play your best players in their preferred position, that way, they're more effective...

Lol.

To be honest I thought your original summation on Liverpool was a bit too enthusiastic but it does look like it had its own merits.

As per the bolded,let's get ready for more of that in the big games.

I'm just alarmed how Ole who was the master of the big game suddenly went conservative against them.Perhaps the 6-1 had something to do with it.

But let's just hope for the best.

To be frank I never envisaged us being in this position at the start of the season,given how calamitous snd ludicrous our preseason was, and even how we started the season,with nobody giving us a chance of making the top 4.

Lets just hope.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawgg: 8:15am On Jan 22, 2021
adebayo201:

cheesy

Not that certain Prophet of Baal Skimpledawgg
Na to bite your nose Bayo.

Do not say this outside o, elrony is my protégé that went rouge. His prophecies cannot be trusted.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 8:15am On Jan 22, 2021
Leyqute:

Nothing. Just wanted to know.

Cheers.
Cheers to you bro.

We agree to disagree,doesn't mean anyone is right or wrong.

We have our opinions and I believe they're based in the love we have for our club.

Respect,man.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:16am On Jan 22, 2021
hoopLA:

We were told to be grateful for 1 point at Anfield,like West Brom struggling for premier league survival got .
Maybe Burnley will organize Thanksgiving on Sunday at Caananland.
hoopLA respect yasef grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 8:18am On Jan 22, 2021
TrebleChamp:
I just checked again and your name is not on our list of members, Expert17 abeg confirm if hoopLA joined us thru d back door grin.

I concur with your submission, when we say our team is good enough to win games convincingly, some peeps will find excuse to argue why we can't. Ole and the players should just do their very best to bring EPL back to Old Trafford this season....
Lol.

Pls no vex.

I have been on and off for a while due to issues off NL.

But rest assured,I am your member.

My only purpose on these pages is to troll Chelsea when they lose.

Na prostrate I dey prostrate for you.

At least afrodoc2 can vouch for me grin

Thanks for agreeing with me though.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 8:19am On Jan 22, 2021
TrebleChamp:
hoopLA respect yasef grin grin grin
Sorry sah!

No vex,biko

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:23am On Jan 22, 2021
CapitalCee:

I concur....

(1) (2) (3) ... (9396) (9397) (9398) (9399) (9400) (9401) (9402) ... (14208) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.