Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,410 members, 7,864,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:45 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9869) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8878080 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9866) (9867) (9868) (9869) (9870) (9871) (9872) ... (14218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 1:27pm On Apr 10, 2021
It is easier to find faults in a team you always watch, but you watch one game of another team and gbam!!!!, They are the next thing after slice bread.

Oya tell us how those teams play now, e go come be you no dey watch Dem twice weekly.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 1:30pm On Apr 10, 2021
handelex:
Very irrational statement that can't be backed up. How can he say our midfield play and attack is one of the worst in the league?

Na this kind talk I no dey like. angry
Lolz
In another world it is individual brilliance from the same worst midfield in the league.

It is just turningonitown grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:30pm On Apr 10, 2021
Expert17:
OLESexuals rest

grin grin
Even Buhari still has supporters so, seeing Ole fan boys defending him is not surprising...

Imagine if it was another coach who crashed out of the UCL group stage, they'd say a lot of trashy things about him but with Ole, we are making progress playing Granada when our mates are playing Madrid, Bayern and co...

It's still here we saw people trashing the UEL just to support their agenda against Mou yet it's Ole's only hope of landing a trophy...Look at the quality of teams left in the UEL yet no fan is remotely confident that we can win it...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 10, 2021
patrickmuf:
Look at our defense and how much they cost, do you sincerely appreciate how we defend?

Midfield? Watch other top teams and compare their midfield play with ours.

Attack? Lol...
What's my problem with how much they cost? Since Maguire made his debut for us, only City has more clean sheets than United. That is a bad record I guess angry

Oya bring receipts for midfield from other top teams let's compare.

Our attack is one of the worst in the league? angry
Oga rest abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:33pm On Apr 10, 2021
TrebleChamp:

Fred is from Congo grin grin, eph12 come see something....
They even said Zidane was from Algeria. People make mistakes, e dey happen. You suppose correct doc immediately sha cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 1:33pm On Apr 10, 2021
handelex:
What's my problem with how much they cost? Since Maguire made his debut for us, only City has more clean sheets than United. That is a bad record I guess angry

Oga rest abeg.

Watch him avoid this question like ebola. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 1:33pm On Apr 10, 2021
handelex:

Oga rest abeg.

So why is OLE bottling Trophies with all this quality?

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:35pm On Apr 10, 2021
Maguire and Lindelof will interchange passes in our half of the pitch and in the process increasing our possession stat but once we enter the opposition half, we can't keep the ball long enough to fashion out a scoring chance yet people will come here to celebrate our possession stat...

When we play top teams, we resort to defending deep and counter when we get the opportunity like every small team will do yet I should praise Ole...I guess West Ham should give Moyes a lifetime contract.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 1:36pm On Apr 10, 2021

It'll surely be counter-productive to waste your time trynna explain things to the most delusional MUFC supporters there are

They're zombified for a reason yunno
That's why I applaud the courage Oasis took to get exorcised ...not everyone is ready for that yet...so, it's understandable grin grin grin

How on Earth dyu wanna explain anything to a reputable scholar on this thread wey say comeback for PSG better pass our first ever UEL trophy...and now these same set of zombies are desperately hoping that OLE wins the UEL so the club doesn't go trophyless - all just to have a reason to keep licking OLE'S dirty nyash

Fvckin hypocrites
Can't take zombies seriously...never that!

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 10, 2021
afrodoc:

We don't have a Brazilian midfielder.

cheesy grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 1:38pm On Apr 10, 2021

This Alabi's delusion is starting to seem like a health condition oh cheesy cheesy

No be everything be cruise fa... abeg let the appropriate authorities look into it

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:38pm On Apr 10, 2021
Expert17:

cheesy
As him o! Defense, midfield and attack is spot on yet we were disgracefully knocked out of the UCL, Cup and FA Cup...

We are so good yet we are playing Granada on Thursday when our mates are playing on Tuesday/Wednesday...To see where to watch the Thursday match sef na wahala...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 1:39pm On Apr 10, 2021
LostMyZeal:

It'll surely be counter-productive to waste your time trynna explain things to the most delusional MUFC supporters there are

They're zombified for a reason yunno
That's why I applaud the courage Oasis took to get exorcised ...not everyone is ready for that yet...so, it's understandable grin grin grin

How on Earth dyu wanna explain anything to a reputable scholar on this thread wey say comeback for PSG better pass our first ever UEL trophy...and now these same set of zombies are desperately hoping that OLE wins the UEL so the club doesn't go trophyless - all just to have a reason to keep licking OLE'S dirty nyash

Fvckin hypocrites
Can't take zombies seriously...never that!

Fvck cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 10, 2021
Expert17:

cheesy
Let's stay in context please, he made a statement about our defense, midfield play and attack being among the worst in the league.
Expert17 is that true?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:40pm On Apr 10, 2021
patrickmuf:
Maguire and Lindelof will interchange passes in our half of the pitch and in the process increasing our possession stat but once we enter the opposition half, we can't keep the ball long enough to fashion out a scoring chance yet people will come here to celebrate our possession stat...

When we play top teams, we resort to defending deep and counter when we get the opportunity like every small team will do yet I should praise Ole...I guess West Ham should give Moyes a lifetime contract.
Our attackers are always in a hurry to lose the ball. It's very annoying and because of that the defense and midfield can't even afford to breathe
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:41pm On Apr 10, 2021
GloryIsaac:

cheesy grin grin

Fake Gold is not gold. Fake money is not money. Fake Brazilian is no Brazilian. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 10, 2021
patrickmuf:

Oga how is our attack, defense and midfield among the worst in the league?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:42pm On Apr 10, 2021
handelex:

Oga rest abeg.
Since Maguire made his debut, Liverpool has won the league, City are well on their way to winning it and all domestic and international cup competitions have been won by teams not named MANCHESTER UNITED...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 1:44pm On Apr 10, 2021
handelex:
He can't answer this question, just let him be, before he asks why hasn't ole won the champions league with these set of midfielder and defenders. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:44pm On Apr 10, 2021
handelex:
Individually, we have very good players but as a unit, ours is dysfunctional...If you can't see it when we play then I can't help you...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:45pm On Apr 10, 2021
grin grin

Majority of Chelsea's possession under Tuchel is always in their own half or halfway line till they switch it to the wings so they can cross and insha allah.

Yet you say make we see Tuchel.

But Maguire and Lindelof recycling possession is a problem for you.

This double standards, O wrong nau! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 1:46pm On Apr 10, 2021
@patricmuf, i hope you are oding well. You know you are my special brother, but please just stop this nonsense. It's ok to hate the gaffer's style of play especially because he depends too much on Insha Allah, as you all have suggested. Besides, i wish we all have that kind of luck in our lives. cheesy. If na kick and run our players dey to courtesy of Ole, we can agree that kick-and-run qualifies as a decent strategy. Ultimately your results judge your strategy. I don't like MOU's style of play, but if he's bringing in the trophies, na to fem dey look. cheesy. Now if your argument is regarding the fact that Ole has not won anything, then I may not be able put forth a convincing argument to counter, but on this no strategy blabla, sheath your sword abeg. Definitely not in the syllabus.
patrickmuf:
Ole fan boys will defend him even if we get relegated...

When Madrid had Ronaldo alongside a younger Marcelo and a fit Carvajal, they played a fast pace direct football using their wings to devastating effect...

Now, with Ronaldo gone and Marcelo old, they rely more on their midfield to control possession and hurt their opponents...

Come to United and you don't know what exactly Ole is trying to do, we can't defend, our midfield play is one of the worst in the league and in attack, there's nothing to write home about but no, let's defend Ole like we are programed to do so...Una go tire.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 1:46pm On Apr 10, 2021
If our defense and midfield are the worst, then why has arsenal with a better midfield not won the treble?.
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:47pm On Apr 10, 2021
Who would have thought that same people who called our players trash will defend the same players? Well, anything to glorify clueless Ole, the bastion of disappointment...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 1:47pm On Apr 10, 2021
Lana1:
grin grin

Majority of Chelsea's possession under Tuchel is always in their own half or halfway line till they switch it to the wings so they can cross and insha allah.

Yet you say make we see Tuchel.

But Maguire and Lindelof recycling possession is a problem for you.

This double standards, O wrong nau! grin grin

Why nau!!!!!!!!

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 1:48pm On Apr 10, 2021
patrickmuf:
Ole fan boys will defend him even if we get relegated...
First of all, I have probably said this several times, but let me say it one more time. I am a Manchester United fan, not an Ole fan. The fact that I don’t Criticize Ole needlessly or call him demeaning names or use #killthebastard or blame him for things that are not his fault or insult when Fred loses the ball or when Rashford runs into traffic time and time again doesn’t mean I am an Ole fanboy. Unlike some people, I just understand that there are some things Ole can be blamed for and there are somethings that are not his fault at all. You guys have a tendency to deflect questions by tagging people as Ole fanboys. I believe that is just a defence mechanism by you guys. The way you guys use. That term “Ole fanboy or the more annoying Olesexual”, it’s as if daring to support the manager of one’s team makes ones opinion automatically faulty.

When Madrid had Ronaldo alongside a younger Marcelo and a fit Carvajal, they played a fast pace direct football using their wings to devastating effect...

Now, with Ronaldo gone and Marcelo old, they rely more on their midfield to control possession and hurt their opponents...
Is this what pattern of play means to you? If this is your definition of pattern of play, then I can also tell you United’s pattern of play.

A team’s pattern of play depends on the players available. When Madrid had fast attackers and fullbacks, they employed a devastating counterattacking tactic, always looking to hurt opponents on the break, this is similar to what Ole wants to do with United. We look to win the ball in midfield and quickly hit the opponent on the break but since this is the Epl where most teams wouldn’t even push enough bodies forward to leave spaces for counterattacking to be a major tactic, we have begun to look to control the game more by pressing high up the field and pinning the opponent to their half. The problem with us is that our players do not move the ball quickly enough sometimes, or there is not enough movement by the players to open up passing lanes and when the midfielders become frustrated by the lack of passing options, they just pass sideways or try to force a forward pass and they end up losing the ball. Our problem is not lack of a pattern but inability to execute that pattern effectively multiple times. I believe with more work on the training ground, the team will get better but this season has been so tough that the players barely get time to train. How can they train properly when they play every 3 days? Those boys mostly just do recovery work and prepare for the next game. They barely have time to work properly on the training ground or else they will be fatigued before the match day.

Come to United and you don't know what exactly Ole is trying to do, we can't defend, our midfield play is one of the worst in the league and in attack, there's nothing to write home about but no, let's defend Ole like we are programed to do so...Una go tire.
There it goes again, trying to discredit an opinion by calling people Ole supporters as if that is an inexcusable crime. Not everything is black or white Herr Patrick. Sometimes you have to put hate for Ole aside and view things from a different perspective. Not every post that tries to show you that you are wrong about Ole is defending him. Sometimes, you are just wrong

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 1:49pm On Apr 10, 2021
benji93:
@patricmuf, i hope you are oding well. You know you are my special brother, but please just stop this nonsense. It's ok to hate the gaffer's style of play especially because he depends too much on Insha Allah, as you all have suggested. Besides, i wish we all have that kind of luck in our lives. cheesy. If na kick and run our players dey to courtesy of Ole, we can agree that kick-and-run qualifies as a decent strategy. Ultimately your results judge your strategy. I don't like MOU's style of play, but if he's bringing in the trophies, na to fem dey look. cheesy. Now if your argument is regarding the fact that Ole has not won anything, then I may not be able put forth a convincing argument to counter, but on this no strategy blabla, sheath your sword abeg. Definitely not in the syllabus.

But but Alabi and co called Mourinho a negative coach cheesy cheesy

OLE is a positive coach
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 1:49pm On Apr 10, 2021
You said our midfield and defense are the worse

Baba we know they aren't the best, but saying they are the worse.

O WRONG NAU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 1:50pm On Apr 10, 2021
#OleOUT
#EndOLE
#OleMustGo
#EndOLECluelessness
#SackTheFraud
#KillTheBasterd
‼️

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 1:50pm On Apr 10, 2021
benji93:

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:51pm On Apr 10, 2021
Alabi and your love for mediocrity...You are the same person that asked me about Granada like they're the standard you look up to and now, you're on a out Arsenal...

Must we spend the budget of Norway before you start looking at the likes of Bayern, PSG, Madrid, City etc and how we can be like them or surpass them?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 1:51pm On Apr 10, 2021
patrickmuf:
Who would have thought that same people who called our players trash will defend the same players? Well, anything to glorify clueless Ole, the bastion of disappointment...

cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (9866) (9867) (9868) (9869) (9870) (9871) (9872) ... (14218) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.