Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,576 members, 7,865,395 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:14 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9974) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8879345 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9971) (9972) (9973) (9974) (9975) (9976) (9977) ... (14218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:45pm On Apr 19, 2021
Florentino Perez (Super League president): "We want to start as soon as possible, we want to talk to UEFA and FIFA, but they should not get angry."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:46pm On Apr 19, 2021
Florentino Perez: "This Super League is not for the rich, but it's to save football. If this continues, football will disappear and by 2024 we would already be dead. This is the only way to save everyone: big, medium and small clubs".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:47pm On Apr 19, 2021
Florentino Perez: "Boris Johnson said he will do everything to cancel the Super League because they explained to him that the Premier League would disappear: it's false, it's not true. Everything will go back to normal..."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:49pm On Apr 19, 2021
Florentino Perez: "Real Madrid and other Super League clubs will NOT be excluded from this 2020/2021 Champions League. It won't happen, the law protects us. This is impossible".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:51pm On Apr 19, 2021
Florentino Perez: "The new Champions League format for 2024 is something absurd. I have no personal interest in making this Super League, I am not the owner of Real but only the president because Real is owned by the members. I only want to save football".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:54pm On Apr 19, 2021
Florentino Perez: "Barcelona are going through a difficult economic situation, Laporta immediately understood and accepted like all the great clubs in the world. This Super League will save the entire world of football".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:01am On Apr 20, 2021
Florentino Perez (Super League president): "The contract of the Super League is binding. Nobody can leave, we will work all together. All the clubs signed the contracts last Saturday."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:10am On Apr 20, 2021
Florentino Perez: "We have not invited PSG yet, we're gonna talk with many clubs and explicate them about the Super League project. If Bayern refuses to join it won't cancel, don't worry. We also will hire some of the best referees in the world".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:11am On Apr 20, 2021
Florentino Perez to El Chiringuito: "Why aren't UEFA and La Liga salaries public? Why haven't salaries been reduced like everyone else during the pandemic? We need more transparency. We know the salary of LeBron James but we don’t know the salary of the UEFA president".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:27am On Apr 20, 2021
CardiNice:
True, i totally understand your points.
And if you even look at it critically, the nations league that was recently organized about three years ago has somehow makes the Europe nations cup uninteresting.

Back in the days, the Europe nations cup use to be as nearly exciting as the world cup because we had the opportunity of seeing this great European nations playing each other ones in every two years.
The only way we see them play each other is through friendly games and even at that, their best players don't usually feature, this was what made the Europe nations cup to be interesting.

Since the formation of the new nations league, country football in Europe has become boring because you get to see them play each other always, and this has greatly affected the thrill we use to have anytime there is Europe nations cup.

IF the new super league takes off then the Uefa champions league will be destroyed and football in Europe will be boring.
Imagine Barcelona meeting Chelsea this week and the same Barcelona meeting Juventus next week and so man United the other week, it will get boring in the long run and fans will lose interest in the long run.

The reason why the world cup is so amazing is the thrill of having this Great countries come together to face each other ones in every four years.

This is what the Uefa champions league, the Europe nations cup, Africa nations cup and the Copa America gives us once in many years.
If i was amongst the government of FIFA and UEFA, i think the only way to resolve this issue is to re arrange the format of the UEFA champions league just like the world cup.
First of all the 32 teams of the normal UEFA champions league format should remain but the UEFA champions league should follow the world cup format where all football clubs can travel to a single European country to contest for the UEFA champions league.
The home and away format should be scrapped. It will surely be like the normal world cup format, group stage, the knockout, quarter final, semi final and the final,(without home and away features) and all matches to be played in a single country. Meaning countries will be bidding to host the UEFA champions league, even non European countries.
This will make the game more interesting and yes it will make money for both the clubs and all organisation involve.
I hope this makes sense?

Brahhh!!!
Which brand you dey take !!

Nice write-up
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:31am On Apr 20, 2021
Florentino Perez to El Chiringuito: "If we can start the Super League in August, we would do it. We will do our best to start this year. We want to reach an agreement with UEFA and the other parties involved. We will talk with UEFA, FIFA and not only".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:32am On Apr 20, 2021
Florentino Perez: "If we can't find an agreement with UEFA, we will NOT back down. If they want to wait for 2024 to make the reform, they can wait. We're not waiting for anyone because we need the Super League".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:33am On Apr 20, 2021
Florentino Perez: "Cristiano Ronaldo will NOT come back at Real Madrid. It not makes sense, he has a contract with Juventus".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:33am On Apr 20, 2021
Florentino Perez: "If young people find football matches too long it may be because they are not interesting enough... or maybe we might have to make the football matches shorter".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:34am On Apr 20, 2021
Florentino Perez: "The fans always ask me to buy Mbappé. My answer? I say: don't worry... the truth is that he is a good player, yes.

I've never talked to Mbappé. At least now... (laughs). I don't know what's going to happen to his contract with PSG".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:34am On Apr 20, 2021
Florentino Perez: "I love Sergio Ramos, but we are in a very bad financial situation at Real Madrid. Nobody puts money into this club. Will he leave the club? I didn't say that... many things can happen. We will think about it at the end of the season".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:37am On Apr 20, 2021
But truth be told, these big clubs are losing money.
Currently, no stadium tickets revenue, and they are paying higher salaries than the small clubs.

If they do this super league just for a season (until UEFA does the needful), then they should go ahead.

But if they plan on doing it repeatedly, the game as we know it is dead, in terms of competition.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:38am On Apr 20, 2021
grin

Florentino Perez: "Zidane is happy, he is a top manager. The contract is there, we'll see what happens at the end of the season. Mourinho? In the three years with us José has helped us, we must thank him too".

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:40am On Apr 20, 2021
Oasis007:
grin

Florentino Perez: "Zidane is happy, he is a top manager. The contract is there, we'll see what happens at the end of the season. Mourinho? In the three years with us José has helped us, we must thank him too".

See how he avoid mou like spoilt beans. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:45am On Apr 20, 2021
Florentino Perez (Super League president): "There could be a second division of Super League, for example." #mulive [
@elchiringuitotv
]

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 2:11am On Apr 20, 2021
Perez don turn football to mafia group. Mad man said nobody can leave grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 3:16am On Apr 20, 2021
handelex:
"The people in charge of these clubs are not stupid"

#MUFC legend Wayne Rooney says clubs and fans shouldn't 'jump the gun' and should wait to see what happens with the new European Super League

Emotional fans won't hear, as if UEFA themselves are saints angry

Rooney is not emotional.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 5:40am On Apr 20, 2021
So with this new ESL, plus threat by Uefa to ban participating club. It simply mean Ole will no longer be winning his "we made top 4 and qualified for CL trophy" this season cry....

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:13am On Apr 20, 2021
TrebleChamp:
So with this new ESL, plus threat by Uefa to ban participating club. It simply mean Ole will no longer be winning his "we made top 4 and qualified for CL trophy" this season cry....

Of all the things said, the only thing you could deduced is/was this?? Guy, may you find peace in this your Olè matter oh. Even Mourinho can't help you.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 6:34am On Apr 20, 2021
TrebleChamp:

LOL. Your Amaka hate is not allowing you to analyze the situation properly. Let me break it down to you iller.

With a guaranteed position in the money spinning Super League the Glazers will never be interested in firing Amaka. There is no incentive to win the EPL title when winning it or making Top 4 is no longer a prerequisite for making the Champions League.

Whether United comes 2nd or comes 12th the money from the Super League is guaranteed. No matter how badly Amaka performs, at the end of the season the Glazers are sure of making more money next season.............which is all they want.

This Super League actually guarantees Amaka a long and secure tenure at Old Trafford.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 6:38am On Apr 20, 2021
adebayo201:

Of all the things said, the only thing you could deduced is/was this?? Guy, may you find peace in this your Olè matter oh. Even Mourinho can't help you.
If you didn't see the humour in my post, then i can't help but feel sorry for you. I have said it that my being here is just for the fun, reason i don't throw insult around like a kid...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 6:42am On Apr 20, 2021
afrodoc:

LOL. Your Amaka hate is not allowing you to analyze the situation properly. Let me break it down to you iller.

With a guaranteed position in the money spinning Super League the Glazers will never be interested in firing Amaka. There is no incentive to win the EPL title when winning it or making Top 4 is no longer a prerequisite for making the Champions League.

Whether United comes 2nd or comes 12th the money from the Super League is guaranteed. No matter how badly Amaka performs, at the end of the season the Glazers are sure of making more money next season.............which is all they want.

This Super League actually guarantees Amaka a long and secure tenure at Old Trafford.
I know all this Doc, i am a financial accountant so i absolutely know what is at stake for the participating clubs. My post was humour intended, it was easy to deduce na. While we are demanding for any trophy from Ole, Olesexuals excuse was that he will qualify us for the champion League, which is a trophy to them. Now he won't win this trophy if the suspension happens cool..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:50am On Apr 20, 2021
TrebleChamp:
If you didn't see the humour in my post, then i can't help but feel sorry for you. I have said it that my being here is just for the fun, reason i don't throw insult around like a kid...

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:59am On Apr 20, 2021
CapitalCee:

Rooney is not emotional.
I like people like that. You don't have to react to anything until you get all the facts or at least most from all sides.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:03am On Apr 20, 2021
KingAlabi:
But truth be told, these big clubs are losing money.
Currently, no stadium tickets revenue, and they are paying higher salaries than the small clubs.

If they do this super league just for a season (until UEFA does the needful), then they should go ahead.

But if they plan on doing it repeatedly, the game as we know it is dead, in terms of competition.

LooL. There’s no going back after they taste that money
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 7:07am On Apr 20, 2021
adebayo201:

cheesy cheesy
I was against the ESL when it was announced (not that i had power to do anything about it), until i had a very informative argument with a colleague at the office. I was looking at it from football point of view, but the truth is every business need money to remain in business. The big clubs are in serious financial debt, and Uefa is not doing anything to help them. This line from Perez interview about not knowing how much Uefa President earn sealed it for me cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 7:14am On Apr 20, 2021
TrebleChamp:
I know all this Doc, i am a financial accountant so i absolutely know what is at stake for the participating clubs. My post was humour intended, it was easy to deduce na. While we are demanding for any trophy from Ole, Olesexuals excuse was that he will qualify us for the champion League, which is a trophy to them. Now he won't win this trophy if the suspension happens cool..

I know it was humorous but mehn the joke is on the rest of us. Amaka will be laughing his way to the bank and his fan boys here will be dancing zigima daily.
It is actually not a laughing matter. There are a thousand and one ways the Glazers can frustrate most of us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9971) (9972) (9973) (9974) (9975) (9976) (9977) ... (14218) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: DeadPresidents, afrodoc2 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.