Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

Ojukwu: Ohanaeze Faults Bianca’s Statement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu: Ohanaeze Faults Bianca’s Statement (3765 Views)

Court Reads Ojukwu's Will, Bianca Gets Lion Share / Ojukwu's Eldest Son Sues Bianca & Other Family Members / Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu: Ohanaeze Faults Bianca’s Statement by Earthwide: 7:17pm On Feb 16, 2012
ENUGU-THE leadership of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Tuesday, faulted claims by widow of the late former Biafran leader, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, Bianca, that they neither visited her late husband while he was on his sick bed in London nor paid condolence to his family after his demise.

National Publicity Secretary of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Engr. Ralph Ndigwe, who reacted to the statement made by Bianca on Monday, said her comment made it obvious that some people were deliberately misinforming her.

Ndigwe recalled that he visited Ojukwu in London on three occasions and on each occasion, delivered a get-well message to him on behalf of Ohanaeze as directed by President-General, Amb Ralph Uwaechue.

He said it was not true that Ohanaeze did not pay condolence to Ojukwu's family as claimed by Bianca, explaining that Ohanaeze paid a condolence visit to Nnewi and commiserated with the community and Ojukwu family, in particular, as demanded by Igbo customs and tradition.

Ndigwe noted that in Igbo tradition, when a man dies, his widow would be in the village receiving sympathizers, but noted that when Ohanaeze learnt about Ojukwu's demise and paid condolence visit to Nnewi few days after, they were told that his widow (Bianca) was still in London.

His words: "I went to London three times while Ojukwu was in hospital and on each occasion, the President-General, Amb Ralph Uwaechue directed me to go and visit him on behalf of Ohanaeze.

"I personally spoke to Ojukwu on each occasion I visited and told him that I was sent by the President General. When he learnt of his demise, we went to Nnewi to see the Nzuko Ora Nnewi (Nnewi town union) and the Ojukwu family as demanded by Igbo tradition. We expected that Bianca would be at home, but we were told that she was still in London.

"Later, when on one occasion, I met Emeka Ojukwu junior on the way and he told me that Bianca is back to Enugu, I personally went there to see her but I was told that she was sleeping. I dropped my card."

The Ohanaeze spokesman maintained that some people were obviously feeding Bianca with misinformation about Ohanaeze, wondering what the agenda of such people was.

Ohanaeze, he said further, nominated representatives into the Central Planning Committee for Ojukwu's burial and had been participating actively in the burial arrangements for the ex-Biafran leader as a mark of respect for him and in recognition of his immense contribution to Nigeria and the Igbo nation in particular.

Bianca had made her feelings known while receiving Conference of Democratic Scholars and organisers of Ahiara Colloquium, who were accompanied by Dr Joe Nwaorgu, a representative of Ohanaeze's President General and the spokesman of the organisation, Ndigwe.

Shortly after Nwaorgu presented Bianca with a copy of the programme for 2011 Igbo Day containing a get well letter sent to Ojukwu by Uwaechue, she said:"I want to point out that I am disappointed that they (Ohanaeze) have not paid a condolence visit since his demise.

"They did not come to see him in London. As their member, they should have taken time to visit him or send people to see him with this letter which I am seeing for the first time now. I hope Dr Joe will convey my feelings to the President-General."
Re: Ojukwu: Ohanaeze Faults Bianca’s Statement by Earthwide: 7:19pm On Feb 16, 2012
Who is telling the truth?
Re: Ojukwu: Ohanaeze Faults Bianca’s Statement by dayokanu(m): 7:20pm On Feb 16, 2012
Confusion break bone
Re: Ojukwu: Ohanaeze Faults Bianca’s Statement by Earthwide: 7:22pm On Feb 16, 2012
Re: Ojukwu: Ohanaeze Faults Bianca’s Statement by Earthwide: 7:24pm On Feb 16, 2012
Why did she choose to remain in London why her husband remains was being to Nigeria?
Re: Ojukwu: Ohanaeze Faults Bianca’s Statement by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 16, 2012
Has oju-iku finally been buried ?
Re: Ojukwu: Ohanaeze Faults Bianca’s Statement by Odunnu: 7:58pm On Feb 16, 2012
Earthwide:

Why did she choose to remain in London why her husband remains was being to Nigeria?
You have such a wicked mindset! I bet you expect her take up residence at the mortuary and probably, lie in state with the Ikemba also.
Re: Ojukwu: Ohanaeze Faults Bianca’s Statement by T8ksy(m): 8:23pm On Feb 16, 2012
dayokanu:

Confusion break bone. . . . . . . . . . . o yepa!!!

Na double wahala for dedi bodi. . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .and the owner of dedi bodi. grin
Re: Ojukwu: Ohanaeze Faults Bianca’s Statement by muyoto: 10:00pm On Feb 16, 2012
all this politicization is totally unnecessary IMO. i believe Bianca should not have gone public with her greivance.

Ndigwe noted that in Igbo tradition, when a man dies, his widow would be in the village receiving sympathizers, but noted that when Ohanaeze learnt about Ojukwu's demise and paid condolence visit to Nnewi few days after, they were told that his widow (Bianca) was still in London.

i.e she, and not them was wrong.
Re: Ojukwu: Ohanaeze Faults Bianca’s Statement by Okijajuju1(m): 11:43am On Feb 17, 2012
They are trying to make that widowed cougar Bianca into a terrible person.

The tone of their message is making it sound like they were the ones by his bedside all through while Bianca was nowhere to be found.

For those seeking the truth, MASSOB and OHANEZE are blood suckers. They are only good for crowd at burials, weddings and rallies. I can tell you now that Ohaneze did nothing for Ojukwu while he was Hospitalized. All this noise they are making is rubbish.

That was the same way Eze Nri went to lagos and stayed in a brothel when Ohaneze could have easily put him in a 4 Star hotel.

Useless old men seeking relevance.
Re: Ojukwu: Ohanaeze Faults Bianca’s Statement by ZE: 12:22pm On Feb 17, 2012
Okija_juju:

They are trying to make that widowed cougar Bianca into a terrible person.

The tone of their message is making it sound like they were the ones by his bedside all through while Bianca was nowhere to be found.

For those seeking the truth, MASSOB and OHANEZE are blood suckers. They are only good for crowd at burials, weddings and rallies. I can tell you now that Ohaneze did nothing for Ojukwu while he was Hospitalized. All this noise they are making is rubbish.

That was the same way Eze Nri went to lagos and stayed in a brothel when Ohaneze could have easily put him in a 4 Star hotel.

Useless old men seeking relevance.

The adopted child has spoken
Re: Ojukwu: Ohanaeze Faults Bianca’s Statement by ektbear: 1:42pm On Feb 17, 2012
Don't air your personal business in the frikkin newspapers.

Do these folks not have any wisdom or common sense?

Silence is sometimes the best option

They talk too much

How can you be doing he-said she-said publicly? Smh
Re: Ojukwu: Ohanaeze Faults Bianca’s Statement by noiseless: 1:53pm On Feb 17, 2012
Why keep posting the same topic everyday,I thought we have dealt with this issue few days ago or is it that you can't help starting up what you can't finish?
Re: Ojukwu: Ohanaeze Faults Bianca’s Statement by mrperfect(m): 5:34pm On Feb 17, 2012
Is obvious there is mis conception some where, which all will some be over.
Re: Ojukwu: Ohanaeze Faults Bianca’s Statement by dayokanu(m): 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2012
Na wa oo

(1) (Reply)

FG Files Charges Against Leadership Journalists / Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) / Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.