Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex (3934 Views)

Guy Blasts Girl Over "Good Morning" Greeting / Ini Edo's Lesbianism Scandal: Husband Reacts Furiously / Should I Tell My Ex-Boyfriend That I Want Him Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by ndidibabe(f): 8:24am On Feb 18, 2012
I used to go out with a guy before i met husband whom i married just a year back. I left this guy, a nice guy, on religious ground. He is a muslim. I used to be a muslim but now a christian so we couldnt share a common ground because of my new faith. Before i married my husband, almost 4 years after i left him, he has pleaded on several occassions that i come back to him but it was impossible because of my religion. He was not ready to convert afterall. Since i stopped dating him, he has never missed the chance of sending a birthday greeting to me each year which i reciprocated on his birthday. Now i am married and today is his first birthday after my marriage. I woke up this morning beside my husband and after prayer, i picked my phone and told him i want to say happy birthday to him (my ex) but he thinks i am emotionally attached to him. He says ''how come i know today is his birthday? Is there an alarm/reminder somewhere? How come i know his number offhand when it isn't stored on my phone? Don't i know i am married?'' But really, have i done anything bad?
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 18, 2012
cut that rope before it cuts ur marriage
you either like were you where or where you are, you just cant be in both though i dont see anything wrong in birthday wishes but since your husband dont like it, maybe you have to stop till he comes to terms with you on that

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by Bisjosh(f): 8:37am On Feb 18, 2012
Must U̶̲̥̅̊ tell him U want to send a bday text And seriously ℓ̊ think U still feel something for ur ex undecided undecided oya start confessing grin grin grin
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by Bisjosh(f): 8:42am On Feb 18, 2012
ℓ̊ dnt call nor send msgs to my ex. ℓ̊ dnt even rememba his birthday grin grin tongue
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by Bisjosh(f): 8:44am On Feb 18, 2012
ℓ̊ dnt call nor send msgs to my ex. ℓ̊ dnt even rememba his birthday grin grin tongue
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by Mavor: 10:26am On Feb 18, 2012
Some gals can be dumb. What is a married woman doing having anything at all to do with her ex for God's sake?
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by modavi: 10:47am On Feb 18, 2012
Mavor:

What is a married woman doing having anything at all to do with her ex for God's sake?
i wonder ooh! hmm,
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by deniyor: 1:49pm On Feb 18, 2012
By now you should know the personality of the man your married
You still have emotional attachments to your ex. Probably cos you broke up with a flimsy excuse such as religion and not cos of personality issues. You could have sent him a bday card but you just had to call to hear his voice.
Your husband has valid questions. One more question for you - is your ex a friend of the family? If not, why the call?
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 18, 2012
op deserves a slap for spoiling the mans morning with such rubbish, imagine, just after morning prayers

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by mamacy: 4:39pm On Feb 18, 2012
deniyor:

By now you should know the personality of the man your married
You still have emotional attachments to your ex. Probably cos you broke up with a[b] flimsy excuse such as religion[/b] and not cos of personality issues. You could have sent him a bday card but you just had to call to hear his voice.
Your husband has valid questions. One more question for you - is your ex a friend of the family? If not, why the call?
Breaking up because of religion is not flimpsy at all, infact the OP did the rite thing, marrying someone dat doesnt share d same faith as u do, is like building on sand, IMO, OP should do whatever to make her home happy, nd dat involves pleasing her hubby.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 18, 2012
op say u dey yansh behind ur husband back abi? undecided
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by omoboy08(m): 5:55pm On Feb 18, 2012
Mavor:

Some gals can be dumb. What is a married woman doing having anything at all to do with her ex for God's sake?
Though a txt would ve been beta instead of d cal. There is notin wrong in wishin ur ex a hapy bday if u rememba d date. Does dat mean her husband cant do dsame to her ex? Abegiii
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by MrsChima1(f): 6:01pm On Feb 18, 2012
ndidibabe:

I used to go out with a guy before i met husband whom i married just a year back. I left this guy, a nice guy, on religious ground. He is a muslim. I used to be a muslim but now a christian so we couldnt share a common ground because of my new faith. Before i married my husband, almost 4 years after i left him, he has pleaded on several occassions that i come back to him but it was impossible because of my religion. He was not ready to convert afterall. Since i stopped dating him, he has never missed the chance of sending a birthday greeting to me each year which i reciprocated on his birthday. Now i am married and today is his first birthday after my marriage. I woke up this morning beside my husband and after prayer, i picked my phone and told him i want to say happy birthday to him (my ex) but he thinks i am emotionally attached to him. He says ''how come i know today is his birthday? Is there an alarm/reminder somewhere? How come i know his number offhand when it isn't stored on my phone? Don't i know i am married?'' But really, have i done anything bad?

I have a friend who keeps in contact with me and we never dated. He have confessed to me that he wants an exclusive relationship with me even though I am married. I told my husband about it and we have agreed that I will ignore the friend's contact because it displeases my husband.

Try to put yourself in your husband's shoe and understand where he is coming from. I personally don't see an issue of you wishing your ex well, but he is an ex for a reason.

What is more important to you, maintaining a dead relationship with your ex or thriving well with your husband?

I chose my husband.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by deniyor: 6:08pm On Feb 18, 2012
mamacy:

Breaking up because of religion is not flimpsy at all, infact the OP did the rite thing, marrying someone dat doesnt share d same faith as u do, is like building on sand, IMO, OP should do whatever to make her home happy, nd dat involves pleasing her hubby.
It is quite flimsy and unfair to the poor guy given the fact they were both muslims initially. With someone you were in love with, that hardly gives her closure. Can she honestly say she doesn't still love the dude? or she doesn't love the dude more than her husband?

It's just sad we nigerians can't transcend religion or tribalism in relationships yet.
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 18, 2012
Abegii, do d caling and txtin joor. Maybe u shud stop calin n txtin ur family 2.pls marriage is nt a bondage,afteral he was stil dia wen u tok d decision 2 marry hm instead of ur ex, men sf,una own 2much joor
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 18, 2012
chidyhels:

Abegii, do d caling and txtin joor. Maybe u shud stop calin n txtin ur family 2.pls marriage is nt a bondage,afteral he was stil dia wen u tok d decision 2 marry hm instead of ur ex, men sf,una own 2much joor
yes nah make she and her ex keep on calling each other and texting each other for night wen the hubby dey sleep.how we no even take sure say na phone s3x she dey do with her ex grin
trust naija girls grin
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by deniyor: 6:16pm On Feb 18, 2012
chidyhels:

Miss, this is not about bondage but mutual respect here. With all due respect, this is very bad advice.
I doubt you will be there suffering with her when her marriage breaks up as you probably will be sucking up to your marriage.
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by MrsChima1(f): 6:31pm On Feb 18, 2012
chidyhels:

Her family and her ex are TWO DIFFERENT people. If the shoe was on the other foot, I am sure she would be displease with the fact her husband is contacting his ex for whatever reason.

It doesn't have to make sense but if it is causing issues in the marriage, REMOVE IT no matter how "stupid" it is.

If it was a family member then HER HUSBAND DOES HAVE AN ISSUE, but it is an ex that MEANS NOTHING TO HER or does he? shocked
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by donbuchi1(m): 6:31pm On Feb 18, 2012
U are a silly woman
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by MrsChima1(f): 6:35pm On Feb 18, 2012
don buchi:

U are a silly woman

Who are you talking to?
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by Killz3(m): 6:38pm On Feb 18, 2012
chidyhels:

This is the dumbest piece of s[i]h[/i]it i've read today! Maybe you need to do a research on what it means to be "Married". Damn!
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by donbuchi1(m): 6:39pm On Feb 18, 2012
Poster
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 18, 2012
4 Godsake!its hs birthday nw,its nt as if she cals him evryday, nawah o Evrtin is basd on trust,wat if she didnt tel d husy b4 txtin?, na crime 2 talk 2.
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by tellwisdom: 6:57pm On Feb 18, 2012
Ndigiribabe, did your man yansh u all night? sad sad
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 18, 2012
chidyhels:

4 Godsake!its hs birthday nw,its nt as if she cals him evryday, nawah o Evrtin is basd on trust,wat if she didnt tel d husy b4 txtin?, na crime 2 talk 2.
the best way to know a woman whose man is a punk,is from her utterances sad sad sad
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by freecocoa(f): 7:21pm On Feb 18, 2012
Op what you did was kinda silly,I mean you know this ex of yours still has feelings for you,what you did could encourage him to further act on those feelings and seriously from the look of things,it seems you still feel for him too. You need to get it together and focus on your husband.
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by tellwisdom: 7:43pm On Feb 18, 2012
Is this the sexy legs u said u have?? sad sad Im dissappointed cry cry
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by Bisjosh(f): 9:11pm On Feb 18, 2012
Lol
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by yme1(f): 9:58pm On Feb 18, 2012
You need to understand that you are married now. anything that has got to do with you and your Ex needs to be cut out
View this from your husband's perspective, how will you feel if he picks up the phone to call an ex of his?
Yes you know there is nothing going on between your ex and yourself, although your husband will want to believe you but there is always what we call EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENT and that is one thing your husband wants to be sure is not there between your Ex and urself
so honey cut all communications you have with ur Ex and focus on being a married woman. smiley
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 18, 2012
@op you're just a foool. Your tot0 de scratch you abi? Ashawo kobo kobo. From text to call, from call to suck, from suck to fu€k, then from fu€k to more fu€k. I only feel for your husband
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by yme1(f): 11:33pm On Feb 18, 2012
tiniyata:

@op you're just a foool. Your tot0 de scratch you abi? Ashawo kobo kobo. From text to call, from call to suck, from suck to fu€k, then from fu€k to more fu€k. I only feel for your husband
Are you this silly? the insults were not necessary gay
Re: My Husband Reacts On A Birthday Greeting To My Ex by Killz3(m): 11:42pm On Feb 18, 2012
Are you this silly? the insults were not necessary[b] gay[/b]
Double standards! Reprimanding one for insulting another while dishing out two of yours. . . Smh!
Gawd, i like myself!

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Men: 4 Types Of Women You Can Easily Have Sex With / Would You Marry A Man Or Woman Knowing He/she Had A Baby In The Past? / 20 Things A Lady Should Know..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.