Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. (14234 Views)

Wife Kills Husband In Lagos As He Slept / Mustapha Audu's Wife Curses Sugabelly; Defends Husband Over Rape Accusations / Wife Kills Husband Over N10 Tom-Tom Sweets. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 20, 2012
Violence in Nigerian Marriages is really getting out of hand.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/woman-kills-husband-over-baby-food-pampers/

By Ifeayi Okolie
LAGOS—TRAGEDY struck Saturday, at Ago-Okota area of Lagos State, when a middle-aged man, identified as Ifeanyi Anaekwe, slumped and died during a scuffle with his wife in their apartment.

Vanguard gathered that the deceased and his wife had an argument over money to buy pampers and baby food for their child which degenerated into a fight.

It was gathered that during the fight, the widow, Chikodili Anaekwe, allegedly grabbed a pestle and hit her husband on the head which made him to slump. When he slumped, she allegedly stabbed him several times.
Mr. Anaekwe was said to have died before help came.

A police source who did not want to be identified, told Vanguard that “neighbours reported that the victim was first clubbed from behind early with a pestle and he slumped. She reportedly stabbed him several times.

“They claimed an argument ensued between the man and his wife when the wife requested for money to buy pampers and baby food for their newly baby.

“The husband, who was said to be preparing for work at the time, was said to have explained to the wife that he did not have enough money. This they claimed infuriated the wife and a fight ensued.”

Lagos Police Command Spokesman, Joseph Jayeoba, while confirming the incident, said the Command was currently investigating the circumstances surrounding the death and would make its findings public.

What kind of sick woman is this? What hate and anger does a woman have against her husband to make her do this? How do people get married these days? Jeezzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by mirob(f): 2:02pm On Feb 20, 2012
Some marriages are like that, so much hatred, a woman once called thugs to beat up her husband and almost blinded him cos she wants to leave the marriage to G̶̲̥̅̊☹ and stay with the man's friend.
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by mutter(f): 2:47pm On Feb 20, 2012
finance is a big time issue in many marriages. The reason is because both or one of them is not ready to make any compromises. A couple should be able to sit down and plan and not stick to their guns.
I have this issue with my husband too but when both come together it works out. However I must admit it was a long and gradual process because neither of us could totally concede to the other.
The problem is that I have this not too good relationship with money. Almost as if something compels me to part with it. Funnily I hardly invest on myself because I am a weird kind of person that does not demand much to make myself happy. But I keep giving it out. My husband on the contrary does his accounts like this is some kind of institution. Every cent has to be justified and accounted for. So he is very tight on the cash flow.
So we have scuttled through all constellations, from him being totally in control of the finances, to me being totally in control, to 50-50. Each time we drew up a contract in writing, which contained al the terms. How much was to go on feeding, pocket money etc. The list was quite detailed.
No one was completely satisfied but it functioned.
Today we are back to the first constellation. My husband is doing the accounts, which means i also handed over my bank card to him, so he is also in control of my money. It is working out much better now because he now tries to consider my own opinion. For instance I do not care how much cheaper the diapers are, for me it has to be pampers. My absolute priority is also that all children get their pocket money. You know how there are just one or two things you are particular about.
Basically what I am trying to say, is that one has to be real patient in a marriage and consider what the other partner is trying to put across.
It is hard for me to deal with these stringent measures my husband has put in place but it is ultimately in the interest of the family. He is the kind of man that sees most expenditures as an ego trip and totally irrelevant. Thats what you get when you marry a very conservative and religious man wink

1 Like

Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by 4teelaw(f): 3:14pm On Feb 20, 2012
mutter:

finance is a big time issue in many marriages. The reason is because both or one of them is not ready to make any compromises. A couple should be able to sit down and plan and not stick to their guns.
I have this issue with my husband too but when both come together it works out. However I must admit it was a long and gradual process because neither of us could totally concede to the other.
The problem is that I have this not too good relationship with money. Almost as if something compels me to part with it. Funnily I hardly invest on myself because I am a weird kind of person that does not demand much to make myself happy. But I keep giving it out. My husband on the contrary does his accounts like this is some kind of institution. Every cent has to be justified and accounted for. So he is very tight on the cash flow.
So we have scuttled through all constellations, from him being totally in control of the finances, to me being totally in control, to 50-50. Each time we drew up a contract in writing, which contained al the terms. How much was to go on feeding, pocket money etc. The list was quite detailed.
No one was completely satisfied but it functioned.
Today we are back to the first constellation. My husband is doing the accounts, which means i also handed over my bank card to him, so he is also in control of my money. It is working out much better now because he now tries to consider my own opinion. For instance I do not care how much cheaper the diapers are, for me it has to be pampers. My absolute priority is also that all children get their pocket money. You know how there are just one or two things you are particular about.
Basically what I am trying to say, is that one has to be real patient in a marriage and consider what the other partner is trying to put across.
It is hard for me to deal with these stringent measures my husband has put in place but it is ultimately in the interest of the family. He is the kind of man that sees most expenditures as an ego trip and totally irrelevant. Thats what you get when you marry a very conservative and religious man wink

I commend you, you are a real Woman!!
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by Akwasi(m): 3:15pm On Feb 20, 2012
Very sad indeed. RIP my bro. The only people who will be the losers in this madness will be the children who will grow up without a father and a mother in jail or hanged.
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 20, 2012
naija women undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by Honeycity(f): 3:18pm On Feb 20, 2012
this is usually the case when just one party brings to the table.
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by desperatem(m): 3:20pm On Feb 20, 2012
Men! This ibo women na die o shocked just like the ibo woman who killed her husband kavex computer at ikeja few months ago. I fear ibo women pass devil
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by eghost247(m): 3:23pm On Feb 20, 2012
this is sad oooooo
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by slimyem: 3:27pm On Feb 20, 2012
desperatem:

Men! This ibo women na die o shocked just like the ibo woman who killed her husband kavex computer at ikeja few months ago. I fear ibo women pass devil
the bigots are here again.mtcheeeeew.
@op,sad story!
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by emmatok(m): 3:28pm On Feb 20, 2012
Marriage is relay scary.

Yesterday, Kolade kills wife

Today,  Chikodili Anaekwe kills husband.
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by Harbb: 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2012
@Desperatem, it's not about Ibo women, but about the person. So sad that a woman could go to that Extent all because of money. Only God knows how she feels now.
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by Ournaija: 3:30pm On Feb 20, 2012
This kinda of shit happens everyday in most Nigerian marriages. Couples going physical while neighbours stay and watch  like it`s a movie. None cares to report at the police station, even if you report nothing will happen. It`s only when it involves death that people will start acting. What a shame.
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 20, 2012
The average Akwa Ibom woman will be the last to do such a trash

Meanwhile that woman should be given a life sentence while the baby goes to the motherless baby homes.
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by johnstar(m): 3:35pm On Feb 20, 2012
Na wa ooo
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by tayoTFC(m): 3:37pm On Feb 20, 2012
gbammu gbamu jigijigi, i love igbo girl on bed only period,
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by kizito96(m): 3:38pm On Feb 20, 2012
This woman must have been possessed by an evil spirit to have gone this far
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by bulksms247(m): 3:42pm On Feb 20, 2012
When I say that I won't get married people won't understand. See as a fellow man was murdered in cold blood. Bring that woman home we knopw how to threat her well
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by DeGenius3(m): 3:50pm On Feb 20, 2012
its crazy what women do nowadays. killing your husband just because of pampers and baby food? come on the woman is supposed to be a great supporter in the family!
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by ayodele123(m): 3:51pm On Feb 20, 2012
Some women are very silly
Even in the present economic climate,they do not want to see reason at all
Am sure the woman here must be one of those sit-at-home jobless women known as housewife
Now that the man is dead, his corpse will produce the money for the baby's upkeep.
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 20, 2012
Ibo women are no go area for me.you broke,them go kill you.you get money,them go kill you.nawao
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by BasseyJ(m): 3:56pm On Feb 20, 2012
What a pity
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by VirtuousWoman: 3:57pm On Feb 20, 2012
It is not about tribe but mostly about GRRRREEEEDDD.
Too many people are too greedy to accummulate things.
Ladies want to wear stilettoes and big flashy bags and ride in or drive flashy cars. So what do they do, they go fu, king around.
When they end up with a guy who doesnt have enough cash to throw aroound, they continue sleeping around.

Same goes with men, they is why we have 419s all over the place.
They want to live large, they dont want to be content with what they have and pray to God to help them grow.
It may also be that the guy has not been providing for his family (that same guy may be furnishing some girls outside with manies he wont give to his wife).
There is soo much dis-honesty in marriage (90% of men cheat on their wives, WHY?).
A lot of things must have led to that. upbring, and desires.
Too bad, the lady should go to jail and get life and be consoled there.

Life should not always be about, tribe and HHHOOOOTTT babe, or a guy with swag (sometime you can't know someone).
Those of us alive (married or single)should pray to God for safety and wisdom, because, you don't know the things in the heart of your brother, sister, parent or neighbor.
I strongly believe that she doent work. WHY DID SHE MARRY THE MAN, OR ARE THEY REALLY MARRIED?
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by Okijajuju1(m): 4:06pm On Feb 20, 2012
Umu Adas in action. . . . .

Igbo girls no dey carry last!! grin
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by ceejayluv(m): 4:15pm On Feb 20, 2012
Temporary insanity,
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by GWslim(f): 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2012
Devil should be blamed.
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by kpolli(m): 4:27pm On Feb 20, 2012
I hope this case wud gather the same popularity as the guy who killed his banker wife
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by Willy7(m): 4:29pm On Feb 20, 2012
marriage is not for boys and girls,it requires a lot,but most people tend to over look d needful for some temporal personal pleasure.This tragedy is beyond pampers.I believe its as a result of accumulated anger.If there was love and understanding in that marriage,a woman will go an extral mile with or without money.is a pity,but pls look beyound pampers,you may see a reason for this inhuman act.every man should build his family on love.
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by ochiaha1(m): 4:37pm On Feb 20, 2012
What is really happening to our women folks On Thursday, a couple had a fight at Festac Town and the woman ended up using an object to beat the husband and the man slumped and died too. As at Satuday, 18th February, the woman was being held at the Festac Town Police Station. sad

I have said it, that Nigerians need to know the state of their mental health. Its a pity that Shrinks are not popular over here as in advanced countries, imagine killing your husband with a pestle and proceeding to stab him many times  shocked
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by logica(m): 4:41pm On Feb 20, 2012
That's what happens when you marry a violent woman. I'm sure she must've shown her true colors even before marriage but he still married the cave-woman.
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by ochiaha1(m): 4:42pm On Feb 20, 2012
Its possible that the woman is suffering from Post-partum Depression (PPD). Women who suffer from this after delivery of babies have been known to kill their new born children, themselves or attempt to attack those close to them, that is why such women need constant psychological evaluation so that they do not harm themselves or others.
Re: Woman Kills Husband Over Pampers And Baby Food. by ehie007(m): 4:44pm On Feb 20, 2012
now that she has killed the man; who will now buy her the baby food and pampers,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Fake Customs Auctioneers Defraud Lagos Businessman Of N4.3m (Photo) / DSS Re-arrests Jones Abiri, Journalist Who Spent Two Years In Detention / Man Narrates His Ordeal With Armed Robbers In In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.