Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,561 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop (21264 Views)

Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing / APC Woos Igala Sons, Daughters For Deputy Gov Position In Kogi / Igala People Of Kogi State Protesting.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by macjive01: 3:14am On Feb 21, 2012
Ndigbo, the loss shall be greater!

I just got notification that a track of lands had been approved for me at Itobe, East Bank of Niger on Ayingba - Ajaokuta road. I never applied.
My enquiries showed that many others, Ndigbo in all and in the hundreds have been similarly offered. List was said to be drawn from a vault of applications for land somewhere in Abuja, which is true because I applied.

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlDwAFrH9qWh-12G57USdjiSDku5sl7IR72d8iUFVBRuQbI3yqIQ[/img]

Further information revealed that a powerful meeting of Igala leaders had bought into Col Ahmadu Alli's argument to bring Ndigbo to develop Kogi. The retired officer, former boss of PDP was said to have argued that with Ndigbo being compelled to leave far North, with some hostile (may be inept administrations) at home, Igala land would stand in as a good measure to the North and closeness to the South East. It was confirmed that the Attah of Igala bought it and it was tabled before the new governor, with the former governor, in attendance.

To cut a long story short, the long tracks of land lying from Idda, East of the Niger, northwards to Itobe, overlooking the Ajaokuta Steel complex, are now available. On getting to the spot this morning, I was directed to an old UAC loading post sitting on the waters, just a kilometre of the road. Many people involved said they will take it, as it is free along with other incentives. BY Luke Osondu

http://www.igbolandforum.com/index.php?topic=1037.0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by macjive01: 3:16am On Feb 21, 2012
NOT MY COMMENTS

Pls all ndigbo shine shine ur eyes where u put ur money this time around for many states want to use u to develop their states and after they start showing u their inborn tribalistic behavours. ONYE AMAGHI EBE MMIRI BIDORU MABAYA AGAGHI AMA EBE OKWUSIRI.

Any foolish igbo wey collect land for igalla land make d person also collect local government certificate wif signature confirming u as an indigene cos u nt needed in igboland again(u too silly to b igbo)!!!

http://www.igbolandforum.com/index.php?board=2.0

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by macjive01: 3:17am On Feb 21, 2012
NOT MY COMMENTS

When l said dat everyone is making mockery of Igbos, somebody was asking me why l said that. Igbos hv become a laughing stock in d Nigerian nation. We hv become d object of ridicle and caricature.

We hv become handy tools for d development of other parts of Nigeria while our own land lie fallow and desolate. Early today some Igbo traders said they cannot leave Kano even at d point of death becos of their billions of Naira investments in Kano. Other Nigerians hv learnt to use and dump us for d development of their areas, and later kill us and take over our investments. This trend has bn d order of d day, before, during and after d civil war.

What is wrong in buiding the biggest markets, industries, estates, investments in d vast Igbo lands? Igbos hv not and seems not even ready to learn their lesson. Tell me, are we not the architect of our woes over these years? We are. Kogi state now wants to lure us with free land to develop their state, and some greedy Igbos will actaually accept the Greek offer.

Igbos, pls wake up from ur slumber and deliver yourselves of enslavement, sacrificing ur sons and daughters in foreign lands, underdevelopment of our Igbo nation, developing other peoples's lands and pepertual in wilderness. How can we keep on talking about Biafra nation when we are not ready to develop the area? At d rate Igbos are going, it appears a pipe dream. May God help Ndi Igbo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by macjive01: 3:18am On Feb 21, 2012
After the civil war many useless and foolish igbos didn't learn from abandoned property policy in river state. Go to Victoria island 85% of the buildings are owned by igbos. Same goes to every capital city in Nigeria. I found it difficult to believe that a true igbo son and daughter will own a mansion outside igbo land. Igbos please be wise. How many buildings does an hausa man own in onistha? How many buildings does a yoruba man own in igbo land?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by DuduNegro: 3:37am On Feb 21, 2012
My friend, forget Biafra. . . just forget Biafra will ever happen. In fact from the way things look, if North separate and carve out their Sharia country, guess what those Igbo investors in Kano will do? They will convert to Islam and practice Sharia with them and become citizen of Hausaland. They will never separate from those property for Biafra. What does Biafra have to offer them? Lagos, Ibadan, Kano. . . allthese places offer them things they never knew they could ever in their lives have. It's like manna falling from heaven, a paradise for God's sake. . . and you want them to come back to Biafran hell?

2 Likes

Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by Nobody: 3:44am On Feb 21, 2012
Please give me details about this free land abeg! kogi isnt far from east so I can run back when time reach or swim through R. Niger  ,  Though still a student but atleast if i change some of my savings, I know how much it will be in Naira and build something like a block industry there,ofcourse there will be cheap labour there I might be paying a guy 50cent per hr( they will be glad). Also Kogi is surrounded by cities like abuja Enugu etc and these places need things like cheap block which I can be able to supply for their construction. Every rich man starts somewhere.

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by aljharem(m): 3:47am On Feb 21, 2012
macjive01:

After the civil war many useless and foolish igbos didn't learn from abandoned property policy in river state. Go to Victoria island 85% of the buildings are owned by igbos. Same goes to every capital city in Nigeria. I found it difficult to believe that a true igbo son and daughter will own a mansion outside igbo land. Igbos please be wise. How many buildings does an hausa man own in onistha? How many buildings does a yoruba man own in igbo land?

Macjieve, I have actually taken time to study you and know where you live

You actually live in Lagos, enjoy the big city and come on Nairaland to discourage other Igbos from that sort of life. What sort of person are you ?

How do you feel when you wake up and come here on Nairaland to be discouraging Igbos from coming to Kano and lagos when you all actually live there ?

Are the people killing you or chasing you away ?

If you are tired of staying in Kogi, Please move back and let those that want to better their lifes stay and get something good.

If they are offered free land, perfect, they can sell it and make more money. That is a blessing from God. If you don't want the blessing because of tribalism, then stay and stop discouraging others.

You are are traveling to America each year to spend billions, you are not complaining.

1 Like

Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by aljharem(m): 3:47am On Feb 21, 2012
Toaskarity:

Please give me details about this free land abeg! kogi isnt far from east so I can run back when time reach or swim through R. Niger  ,  Though still a student but atleast if i change some of my savings, I know how much it will be in Naira and build something like a block industry there,ofcourse there will be cheap labour there I might be paying a guy 50cent per hr( they will be glad). Also Kogi is surrounded by cities like abuja Enugu etc and these places need things like cheap block which I can be able to supply for their construction. Every rich man starts somewhere.

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Sharp man !!!!

abeg cash in grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by DuduNegro: 4:00am On Feb 21, 2012
^^^ I agree!
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by aljharem(m): 4:05am On Feb 21, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

^^^ I agree!

kudi owo ego na money na.

if macjieve tribalistic brain is too blocked to see that free land is being given to him just because he is Igbo. then that is his bad luck

if I fit go Kogi, I go call myself Uche Ojukwu, get the land, and sell it as soon as possible. grin grin
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by 9javoice1(m): 4:40am On Feb 21, 2012
igbos dont take free lands. yes we loose properties in the core north but gues what.
1) it will take north more than 50yrs to close the gap igbos has created when going out of north.
2)we still do not loose 100% the ones we have are far greater.
i dont wana finish it.

my advice is let them take no free land instead pay some money for it and get the c/o of the land

2 Likes

Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by macjive01: 5:28am On Feb 21, 2012
abeg alhaji, none of those is my comment
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by bashr8: 6:34am On Feb 21, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

My friend, forget Biafra. . . just forget Biafra will ever happen. In fact from the way things look, if North separate and carve out their Sharia country, guess what those Igbo investors in Kano will do? They will convert to Islam and practice Sharia with them and become citizen of Hausaland. They will never separate from those property for Biafra. What does Biafra have to offer them? Lagos, Ibadan, Kano. . . allthese places offer them things they never knew they could ever in their lives have. It's like manna falling from heaven, a paradise for God's sake. . . and you want them to come back to Biafran hell?

what rubbish , i dont blame you if biafra succeded you will be in cocoa farm now planing for harvesting season . this is what happens when people are spoon fed, who wants to live in that shit hole called lagos, can you compare any yoruba city with igbos cities of enugu, owerri, asaba, umuahia, ph . i dare you to mention one yoruba city worth living in
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by Onlytruth(m): 6:44am On Feb 21, 2012
I have always told my Igbo brothers that the myth of land scarcity in Igboland is nothing more than a MYTH. We have ABUNDANT land in Igboland, from Abakaliki all the way to Agbor.
If any Igbo wants to be really secure in his land, there are only TWO ways to go about it.

(1) Stay within the boundaries of Igboland where there is abundance of land
or
(2) Go to any part of Nigeria to develop your properties ARMED TO THE TEETH and be prepared to fight and die there.

We must be realistic.

By the time we FULLY embrace these two options, I can assure you that either these types of offers would die a natural death, or we would NEVER AGAIN hear of "abandoned property" in any part of Nigeria.

Umunne m, ihe aki ilu na ada n'onu abughi ihe o na ato.

Here I stand! cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by macjive01: 8:37am On Feb 21, 2012
armed to the teeth lol
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by russellino: 9:34am On Feb 21, 2012
Looks like bait to me. In this day and age, free land? Nothing is free, I hope my ppl are thinking because we have too naïve in this country and its dynamics
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by Afam4eva(m): 11:59am On Feb 21, 2012
Ngwa people should offer the Igalas triple of what they have offered Igbos. na only us be mumu for Nigeria? Twa.
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by UyiIredia(m): 4:42pm On Feb 21, 2012
Land na space na ! They pack am go cool
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by FXKing2012(m): 4:56pm On Feb 21, 2012
They know only Igbos can develop their land. The federal government had better copy the Igalas in this smart move.
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by Umunede(m): 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2012
After una develop Kogi, dem go form Kogo Haram and drive una away. Make una wise up o
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by chiama1: 5:06pm On Feb 21, 2012
Free Land my foot, when has the Igbo's become valuable to them that they will go out of their way to give them comfort. We all know the terrible names they call us all out of jealousy, which is why our people are killed at the slightest opportunity they have. They should give their dry barren land to their children, a lot of them cant even afford to buy a land to build on.

My Igbo brothers, pls dont be fooled, your own is your own, go back to Igboland and develop it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by Niseamaka(m): 5:14pm On Feb 21, 2012
macjive01:

NOT MY COMMENTS

When l said dat everyone is making mockery of Igbos, somebody was asking me why l said that. Igbos hv become a laughing stock in d Nigerian nation. We hv become d object of ridicle and caricature.

We hv become handy tools for d development of other parts of Nigeria while our own land lie fallow and desolate. Early today some Igbo traders said they cannot leave Kano even at d point of death becos of their billions of Naira investments in Kano. Other Nigerians hv learnt to use and dump us for d development of their areas, and later kill us and take over our investments. This trend has bn d order of d day, before, during and after d civil war.

What is wrong in buiding the biggest markets, industries, estates, investments in d vast Igbo lands? Igbos hv not and seems not even ready to learn their lesson. Tell me, are we not the architect of our woes over these years? We are. Kogi state now wants to lure us with free land to develop their state, and some greedy Igbos will actaually accept the Greek offer.

Igbos, pls wake up from ur slumber and deliver yourselves of enslavement, sacrificing ur sons and daughters in foreign lands, underdevelopment of our Igbo nation, developing other peoples's lands and pepertual in wilderness. How can we keep on talking about Biafra nation when we are not ready to develop the area? At d rate Igbos are going, it appears a pipe dream. May God help Ndi Igbo.

Nwanne`m you struck the nail squarely at the head. Our people will never learn, investing in places where insecurity of lives and properties reigns supreme is like walking wide eyed into the spiders garden and moans uncontrollably as soon as you become entangled in the web. When will we start learning from our past?.
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by 9javoice1(m): 5:22pm On Feb 21, 2012
the igalas are really our kid brothers, we know they mean well but to avoid problem in the future , we say no to free land.

those igbos involve are traders. if they can be allowed to trade free and peacefully then i support. but we must pay for the land and get the c of o.
i get it when everybody said they should all come back to east. but a trader remains a trader just need to be-careful not to live among hausa/fulani.

for those who think we igbos goes to other region for lack of land in the east. please think again, we only goes to other countries and region because
we are talented traders,and a progressive business man many times go for the buyers .
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 21, 2012
Nothing good goes free. Its Greek's gift. If you must accept, pay a token for it and get a CofO
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by HappyJoe: 5:31pm On Feb 21, 2012
Igbos and Igalas have a lot of cultural and historical links. There is a strong Igala presence in Onitsha, for example and many communities on the boundary between Anambra State and Kogi State speak both Igala and Igbo.

Infact I had a classmate in university who was Igala but came from Anambra State.

The same thing applies to Igbos and Idomas. Idomas are even closer because they are predominantly Catholic like Igbos.

We should move out of our shells and stop being parochial. If somebody offers us something, the best we can do is to thank them. If we refuse the offer, good. But we shouldn't insult them, for it makes us appear as ingrates.

If the Igbo man is to rise politically in Nigeria, he needs to reach out to (a) the Akwa-Ibom and Cross-River people (b) the Igala and Idoma people (our brothers) (c) Christian minorities in the North and Middle Belt (d) Tiv and Jukun people.

We have an advantage over the Yorubas - we travel more widely and we have a greater chance of impacting on the lives of these people.

Let's stop being short-sighted, lets be strategic.
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by newslive(f): 5:33pm On Feb 21, 2012
Join this website sharp sharp!!!

Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by Revolva(m): 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2012
@Happyjoe
Igbos and Igalas have a lot of cultural and historical links. There is a strong Igala presence in Onitsha, for example and many communities on the boundary between Anambra State and Kogi State speak both Igala and Igbo.

Infact I had a classmate in university who was Igala but came from Anambra State.

The same thing applies to Igbos and Idomas. Idomas are even closer because they are predominantly Catholic like Igbos.

We should move out of our shells and stop being parochial. If somebody offers us something, the best we can do is to thank them. If we refuse the offer, good. But we shouldn't insult them, for it makes us appear as ingrates.

If the Igbo man is to rise politically in Nigeria, he needs to reach out to (a) the Akwa-Ibom and Cross-River people (b) the Igala and Idoma people (our brothers) (c) Christian minorities in the North and Middle Belt (d) Tiv and Jukun people.

We have an advantage over the Yorubas - we travel more widely and we have a greater chance of impacting on the lives of these people.

Let's stop being short-sighted, lets be strategic

Thanks a lot you really know it

After una develop Kogi, dem go form Kogo Haram and drive una away. Make una wise up o

Look Igalas have a linage with Igbos, infact there are igalas with igbos ancestry in Anambra north ask dem they will tell you so why do some igbos that dont know anything come here and post all sort of nonsense,

please google igalas ancestry and see, what wikipidia brings, igalas may be small on population but we are very welcoming, a lot, I am proud to be Oma Igala, but when ou see me you may think i am an Igbo boi, because my village is bothered by the east and edo sides we intermarry,

Its all up to yo igbos, well you guys are very industrious, that why the Attah(Father) of Igalas, want this infact Attah and Obi of Onitsha are very good friends, what has religion gat to do, with this, Bleep religion, we know islamist came to change the way the igala tradition had been but dont look it like that ,

Some one google Igala, please you gonna find that the language is yorubaiod -sounds like yoruba. and most traditions of Igalas are like Igbos, the numbering of the market days and some words.

1 Like

Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by bulksms247(m): 5:39pm On Feb 21, 2012
Hahahaha, they can't even develop their lands. They are waiting for ndi igbo to come and develop their land for them. I said it thorougly, remove IGBO from Nigeria and Nigeria is finished. My brodas reject their offers and leave their land to them. We have a lot of lands in igbo land, if you want to develop we can give for free is our fatherland
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by saintneo(m): 5:53pm On Feb 21, 2012
HappyJoe:

Let's stop being short-sighted, lets be strategic.
Revolva:

@Happyjoe
Thanks a lot you really know it

Look Igalas have a linage with Igbos, infact there are igalas with igbos ancestry in Anambra north ask dem they will tell you so why do some igbos that dont know anything come here and post all sort of nonsense,

please google igalas ancestry and see, what wikipidia brings, igalas may be small on population but we are very welcoming, a lot, I am proud to be Oma Igala, but when ou see me you may think i am an Igbo boi, because my village is bothered by the east and edo sides we intermarry,

Its all up to yo igbos, well you guys are very industrious, that why the Attah(Father) of Igalas, want this infact Attah and Obi of Onitsha are very good friends, what has religion gat to do, with this, bleep religion, we know islamist came to change the way the igala tradition had been but dont look it like that ,

Some one google Igala, please you gonna find that the language is yorubaiod -sounds like yoruba. and most traditions of Igalas are like Igbos, the numbering of the market days and some words.

Nice one peeps, but there must be an agreement to this, a mutual understanding with respect so as to avoid the issues of the past recurring. Igbo should note that this not an opportunity to harness the Igala, just like the Germans did in pre-WW2. Caution, intelligence are key.
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by Revolva(m): 6:06pm On Feb 21, 2012
Hahahaha, they can't even develop their lands. They are waiting for ndi igbo to come and develop their land for them. I said it thorougly, remove IGBO from Nigeria and Nigeria is finished. My brodas reject their offers and leave their land to them. We have a lot of lands in igbo land, if you want to develop we can give for free is our fatherland

I see brother you are an intolerant, person, you always think Igbos are God, what Igalas mean is to give them chance, abi are there not chinese in Nigeria, or any where in the world, where is that not done, aint there isreali farmers here, so bro let me tell you the Igalas have enough to eat. and are not lazy when it comes to farming, when it comes to food because most of our people have personal farms, and the soil is fertile, ok, infact join Benue and kogi, state alone will feed Nigeria, if not for the yeye nation called Nigeria that dont give a damm about Agriculture, ok

Nice one peeps, but there must be an agreement to this, a mutual understanding with respect so as to avoid the issues of the past recurring. Igbo should note that this not an opportunity to harness the Igala, just like the Germans did in pre-WW2. Caution, intelligence are key,

Indeed jare, dont mind those tribalistic, ones, who know nothing about Igalas and igbos

1 Like

Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by oduasolja: 6:09pm On Feb 21, 2012
bashr8:

what rubbish , i dont blame you if biafra succeded you will be in cocoa farm now planing for harvesting season . this is what happens when people are spoon fed, who wants to live in that poo hole called lagos, can you compare any yoruba city with igbos cities of enugu, owerri, asaba, umuahia, ph . i dare you to mention one yoruba city worth living in

problem with that is eastern nigeria is not igbo land. u are a theif.

let me name the yoruba cities in nigeria better than enugu  , owerri and umuhaia.

lekki phase 1 , lekki phase 2 ,victoria island , ikeja , surulere , anthony village , maryland , abeokuta gra.
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by dayokanu(m): 6:10pm On Feb 21, 2012
Onlytruth:

I have always told my Igbo brothers that the myth of land scarcity in Igboland is nothing more than a MYTH. We have ABUNDANT land in Igboland, from Abakaliki all the way to Agbor.
If any Igbo wants to be really secure in his land, there are only TWO ways to go about it.

(1) Stay within the boundaries of Igboland where there is abundance of land
or
(2) Go to any part of Nigeria to develop your properties ARMED TO THE TEETH and be prepared to fight and die there.
We must be realistic.

By the time we FULLY embrace these two options, I can assure you that either these types of offers would die a natural death, or we would NEVER AGAIN hear of "abandoned property" in any part of Nigeria.

Umunne m, ihe aki ilu na ada n'onu abughi ihe o na ato.

Here I stand! cool cool cool

That armed to the teeth nonsense is a stupidd move i tell you.

When they attack your kids in their school or on the way to school, What use is your armed to the teeth?
When they attack your wife in the market, What use is the armed to the teeth?
When they attack you in your sleep what use is the armed to the teeth?
The People that were attacked in their place or worship. You mean they should carry weapons to church?
How does armed to the teeth protect you from bombs or suicide bombers?

Most Ibos killed in the North do you think they gave them warnings before they struck?

Best thing is Go to your towns and cities

Igala can wake up in 2050 and chase you away just like Ikwerres have done but no one would chase you from your Anambra or Orlu or Arochukwu your papa land

My first house would be built in my state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jega Admits Officer Incharge of Indemili North Messed-up The Arrangement / Crowd Hails Vice President Prof Osinbajo Today At Alimosho, Lagos State. / Good Luck, Senate President Tells Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.