Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop (21288 Views)

Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing / APC Woos Igala Sons, Daughters For Deputy Gov Position In Kogi / Igala People Of Kogi State Protesting.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 21, 2012
Some of you guys just need to learn not to make unnecessary enemies when none is required. It was just an offer that anybody can just say ''no thank you'' to and move the hell on.

Must some of you get overtly tactical and unnecessarily hostile to other people in the name of protecting Igbo interest, even when they offer you things you believe you do not need from them? The level of immaturity some people exhibit is just pathetic.
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 21, 2012
^

yes i agree with you my brother
no need for insults

but any igbo that wants to take up this offer must first show us a house or similar investments he made in igboland

we must not be abandoning our lands and developing other places for any reason, even free land

i personally would say thank you but i respectfully decline.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by oadaji: 10:39pm On Feb 21, 2012
IGBO, a tribe that sees the richest member of the family as the eldest irrespective of age, where chieftancy title are only conferred on the rich, a place where all the titles are this 1 or that 1 of whatever clan. Nobody is no. 2. Where there is not unity:you are an Osu so, God help u realise that Nigeria is not against you. Your culture is your enemy
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by OneNaira6: 10:45pm On Feb 21, 2012
Any Igbo that takes this offer will forever remain the buffon of Igboland and his future generation given that title for the rest of their life.

Is there no land for you back home? mscheww.
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by Yeske2(m): 10:46pm On Feb 21, 2012
oadaji:

IGBO, a tribe that sees the richest member of the family as the eldest irrespective of age, where chieftancy title are only conferred on the rich, a place where all the titles are this 1 or that 1 of whatever clan. Nobody is no. 2. Where there is not unity:you are an Osu so, God help u realise that Nigeria is not against you. Your culture is your enemy

You well so?
Back to topic, i strongly believe Ndigbo should always think home first as our magnanimity outside Ala Igbo  has not helped us in any way. Forget the Greek gift, we've seen such before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 21, 2012
oadaji:

yes we are the devils of nigeria
that is why we must develop our own lands first
you no gree?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by ekwynwa: 10:48pm On Feb 21, 2012
abeg dey still they share the land
i wan ten plots  tongue tongue
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by OneNaira6: 10:50pm On Feb 21, 2012
oadaji:

It is best to speak what you know.
If una do not know Igbo culture then keep quiet and stop acting like you are an expert on it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by oadaji: 10:58pm On Feb 21, 2012
@one_naira look at the name u choose as a user name one_naira. It says a lot and in line with my understanding of the igbo culture.
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by sylve11: 11:09pm On Feb 21, 2012
lol @ comments grin grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by hardbody: 11:41pm On Feb 21, 2012
Great write-up and incisive reasonings by all and sundry. I will sum this whole argument up by saying that although i scalled down on my property investment, i still regret developing any ppty in Lagos. Yet Lagos is a lot more metrpolitan town. My point? Any investment in property going forward will ONLY be done in Igbo land, except money market and securities. History has thought me that when greed comes up as a result of success of the igbos, the 'brotherly' Igalas will very quickly forget that we were ever bonded. I am not in a position to discourage anyone wIshing to accept the offer, however, to b forewarned is to b forearmed. Generations unborn will refuse and or neglect to appreciate the bonds when they get enticed with the possibily of chasing our igbo brothers away and turning their properties into abandoned property. Use ur head. In my place we say nwa Aro iche, nkpo ola iche.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by airmark(m): 12:21am On Feb 22, 2012
These IGALAs are smart o. They have lands and need structures on them. They knew Ibos would want to swallow the bait. This is an insult to my ibo friends.
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by drnoel: 12:31am On Feb 22, 2012
I am also interested in the land, pls any information would help.
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by dayokanu(m): 12:39am On Feb 22, 2012
Glad to see that the new generation of Ibos are getting wiser.

Stop developing other ppls land concentrate on yours

Despite being a Yorubaman I would first of all build in my State before any other place including Lagos
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by sammy6(m): 12:58am On Feb 22, 2012
In fact u guys keep speaking grammer here. The lands were even over subscribed and thus the reason why it was shared via ballot. Igala people are not hostile people. They have been igbo people in my village since when I was a child. Its the igbo people tht run the chemists,provision stores,restaurants in most villages in igala land.Never have I heard of hostilities against the igbos in all of igala land.Your problem in this country is with the hausa and fulanis who hate igbos so much and are envious of them and with no other tribe in Nigeria. This should be viewed as a win win situation.Igala and igbo people share boundaries via Enugu state and Anambra state.We should encourage this program.
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by Nobody: 1:19am On Feb 22, 2012
^^^ you right but the influence of those ppl you think hate igbo has strong root in that state thus the igbos here are "will i say scared" maybe. This free land is a good opportunity tho.
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by Nobody: 1:32am On Feb 22, 2012
Revolva u be Igala? cheesy Ah that's good!! so I no dey alone for hia o. kiss No mind some people wey dey see negativity for everything.
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by dayokanu(m): 1:37am On Feb 22, 2012
oadaji:

@one_naira look at the name u choose as a user name one_naira. It says a lot and in line with my understanding of the igbo culture.

Adaji shey na you be dat?
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by anyiway(m): 1:51am On Feb 22, 2012
ndi igbo meere nu onwe unu ebere. hapu nu ndi igala na ndi hausa ka ha biri na be ha. anyi nwere ani mara mma na ani igbo. onye choo iru ulo, ya gbadata na ala nna ya bia ruo ulo ya. ekwu si go mu. :-x
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by Nobody: 2:05am On Feb 22, 2012
^^lol, you are speaking anambra igbo, I doubt if some igbo can understand that but bet me some igala(anambra north)can understand every each word there
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by T8ksy(m): 2:09am On Feb 22, 2012
@ Op,

i truly feel sorry for the igalas except of course, if they have an ace up their sleeves because i give the ibos a decade and they will claim the land as iboland too. Its their funeral.
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by Nobody: 2:11am On Feb 22, 2012
anyiway:

ndi igbo meere nu onwe unu ebere. hapu nu ndi igala na ndi hausa ka ha biri na be ha. anyi nwere ani mara mma na ani igbo. onye choo iru ulo, ya gbadata na ala nna ya bia ruo ulo ya. ekwu si go mu. :-x

You sound re tar ded
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by Detongue: 2:12am On Feb 22, 2012
Igbo ppl, shine ur eyes
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by manny4life(m): 2:29am On Feb 22, 2012
anyiway:

Priceless grin grin grin , but you talk true sha,
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by Dainfamous: 2:44am On Feb 22, 2012
I think is all about our past history with other groups in Nigeria if you look at it from a different view you will find out that the trust b/w igbos and some ethnic groups has a stain that will forever stay in our memory from generation to next,as long as history is concern,igbo will forever have double mind to invest in their lands again,I cant see how you work hard all ur life for betterment of your children and grand children and invest heavily with the love you have for your neighbours,in return you will either lose your investment or get killed including Ur families don't forget these guys don't spare anyone,

1 Like

Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by jason123: 3:08am On Feb 22, 2012
Da infamous:

I think is all about our past history with other groups in Nigeria if you look at it from a different view you will find out that the trust b/w igbos and some ethnic groups has a stain that will forever stay in our memory from generation to next,as long as history is concern,igbo will forever have double mind to invest in their lands again,I cant see how you work hard all ur life for betterment of your children and grand children and invest heavily with the love you have for your neighbours,in return you will either lose your investment or get killed including Ur families don't forget these guys don't spare anyone,

Stop lying! Are you telling me you invested in the Kano because you love Northerners? You invested in Lagos, PH etc because you love the occupants? C'mon, you know its a lie. You are investing/ invested in these place because[b] it attracted your investment i.e. you wanted to make money[/b] and I see nothing wrong with that, after all, Nigerians are in the Uk and US to make money not because they love whites but please, your statement above is ridiculous.
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by sbeezy8: 3:53am On Feb 22, 2012
i like igbo people dey are like , iunno sooo gullible its disheartening majority believe in a nigeria to bad majority of nigerians dont.

no ethnic group or region will love you more than ur own region/ people. Its crazy to say you love a WHOLE ethnic group. even if the christian igalas are close to igbo way of living the other 50% of igalas who are indeed muslim and ALREADY hauanized like he,ll readily will choose sides like ALL MB tribes do.
igala muslims sometimes are even more northern than an hausa and readily speak hausa and muslim blah blah and push religious agenda.

attah of igala n traditional council

[img]http://newsmailonline.files./2010/10/picture-1222.jpg[/img]

[size=14pt]Do they look like they will favor igbo over hausa/fulani on the basis of what?[/size]
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by OneNaira6: 3:59am On Feb 22, 2012
oadaji:

like I said STFU. If you sabi nothing, keep quiet.
continue making a fool of yourself while self proclaiming yourself as an expert.
I took the name one naira from the website name "nairaland" olodo.
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by Obiagu1(m): 4:04am On Feb 22, 2012
Hausaland is Hausaland, Igala-land is Igala-land.

To protect our property in neighbouring Igala is not as difficult as it would be in Sokoto though I'll encourage people to put up more properties in Igboland even if you have already.
As for me, I'll not invest outside Igboland.

However, Igbo siri na obu ego ka-eji achu ego. If there's money to be made in Igala-land, exploit it.
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by macjive01: 4:43am On Feb 22, 2012
exploit it? what kind of language is that ?

If there is money to be made in igala, invest and ripe the benefit.
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by Obiagu1(m): 5:03am On Feb 22, 2012
^^^
Sorry but English is not one dimensional. Nothing is wrong with what I wrote.
Re: Igala Offers Igbo Free Land To Develop by Onlytruth(m): 5:05am On Feb 22, 2012
lol, my brothers are still debating this topic. undecided

I have to admit that I don't know how close (culturally) we Ndigbo are to the Igalas. All I know is that even Ikwerre that is Igbo teamed up with some Ijaw elements in PH to steal our properties there (though I learnt they have returned most of it). That is why I said before that we really have two options: Invest only in Igboland, or invest in a place you can at least fight and defend your property. If is was offered free, make sure you get proper documents and still be ready to call that place home FOREVER.
If you cannot defend your property, back off. Simple and short.

This is even a no brainer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fashola: Jonathan Lacks The Knowledge To Tackle Nigeria’s Problems / My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS / Why I Wasn't Surprised By Akpabio's Defection -Udom Emmanuel  (PUNCH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.