Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . (13796 Views)

This Little Girl Got Married In Northern Nigeria (Unconfirmed) / This Beautiful Little Girl, Zainab, Is Missing (Photo) / Missing Little Girl In Cocain Village Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 22, 2012
As tragic and painful as this must be, I think it's best for the bereaved parents to adopt a philosophical stance on the matter. It seems a genuine mistake, and these things do happen. I don't think it is necessary to pursue a case of criminal negligence against anyone in this matter, or to hold anyone responsible. I know that when things like this happen, the first impulse is to look for who to blame and make a scapegoat of. But judging from the account of how the accident happened, I think it was just an unfortunate accident; a split-second moment of predestined carelessness, one that the poor parents would do well to accept in good faith and bear with fortitude. It's rather petty, in spite of the obvious grief, to hold the driver and/or 'bus nanny' fully responsible for the tragedy. These things happen when they will, regardless of precautions.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by freecocoa(f): 11:35pm On Feb 22, 2012
This is really heart shattering, kai i can't even begin to imagine the pain the Baby must have suffered,just what was that house girl doing or was she inside the bus too that she couldn't pull simi away?not to even talk of the assistant teacher,I don't even know what to say about the impatient driver sef.
May God grant her family the fortitude to bear the loss and may her innocent soul RIP.

@Jchime,laugh wan kill you die?like seriously?what kind of beast are you?you must be the devil's incarnate,tufiakwa onye eberibe dika gi,aturu hediot.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by victorazy(m): 11:49pm On Feb 22, 2012
Pathetic, sad story for the innocent soul
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by Nobody: 12:01am On Feb 23, 2012
Gosh! I cant believe I read everything written herein. Am happy for Simi, she has gone to rest and escaped the vanity of life. Nothing is in this life, but it doesn't mean I wish death for myself o. But at times its better to be dead by 2 than go through the hardship of life for eighty years.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by Nobody: 12:13am On Feb 23, 2012
This the handiwork of the devil, we should'nt put all the blame on the driver cos that was not the first day he drove the kids. It just that devil want 2 make fond of the day. May the soul of simi and all faithful departed rest in peace.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by Nobody: 12:28am On Feb 23, 2012
;
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by youngdee168(m): 12:30am On Feb 23, 2012
Very sad news, may her soul rest in peace, and gv d parents d strenght to bear d lose.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by tunde1200(m): 1:16am On Feb 23, 2012
GOD please heal the heart of this child parent. drivers bad influencwe
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by otilox(m): 1:17am On Feb 23, 2012
my first comment on NL in 8 months and all i can say is,  cry cry cry cry cry cry

God bless her soul and comfort her family.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by oluwateo: 2:23am On Feb 23, 2012
whoever this Jchime is that made such weird comment "laugh wan kill me die" , to an heart breaking story like this should wait for his own share of pains and sorrow, Watch out. the Lord have spoken
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by Basics007: 5:47am On Feb 23, 2012
This story is heart rending! I cant imagine the pain the poor girl went through while being dragged. May her soul rest in perfect peace and may God give the parents the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by gulfer: 6:02am On Feb 23, 2012
GOD help us. The driver should have used his side mirror and the house-help and neighbors (onlookers) should have thrown a huge stone on the bus to alert the idiot driver. RIP, so painful,
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by Exponental(m): 6:29am On Feb 23, 2012
Wat a pathetic story.
The Prophesy Of Safety Is Wisdom To The Wise Only!
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by edoyad(m): 6:42am On Feb 23, 2012
Two years and seven months. At that age i doubt i was allowed to leave my mother's lap not to mention even going to school on a bus. I'm sorry but I think the parents have to take some blame here, cos that age to me is just not right.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by bulksms247(m): 6:47am On Feb 23, 2012
Oh God, may the little angel rest in peace. I can't stop shedding tears
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by ridgeman: 7:12am On Feb 23, 2012
May her Soul Rest In Peace! There are no safety regulations or enforcement of school buses in Lagos the fact that a toddler is allowed to descend a bus on her own is a crime in itself but as usual Lagosians will lament and do nothing. At the end of the day more children's lives will be needlessly lost. Rest in peace angel God loved you more.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by Nobody: 7:17am On Feb 23, 2012
So after paying 100k for transport, this is the sort of result those parents get? Christ! My heart is broken.

I just wonder what hooked little Simi's dress. It seems that the bus had some issues with maintenance, hence a hooked egde caught her dress. That school should be sued for negligence and their lincense suspended.

I feel so sad as I read this. God please comfort that family.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by mykejones(m): 7:23am On Feb 23, 2012
When you pay that much for only transportatn fare,i can only imagine jus how much the school fees would be.
Certainly enough to even hire 2nanies. But this is Nigeria ryt?
It's d most tragic death you could ever wish any child.
Rest in peace dear one
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by tollu: 7:50am On Feb 23, 2012

“Last Friday, while driving to Redemption Camp, my son asked me where we were going, I said Redemption Camp, then he asked if we were going to see Jesus, I said yes, then he screamed and said that means we would see Simi. I went cold. Because we had told him earlier that Simi went to be with Jesus.”

This is heart-breaking. cry

edoyad:

Two years and seven months. At that age i doubt i was allowed to leave my mother's lap not to mention even going to school on a bus. I'm sorry but I think the parents have to take some blame here, cos that age to me is just not right.

I'm not sure about the parents taking blame for the death of their child but I agree that really 2yrs is too too young for school unfortunately, she probably started going to school even earlier than that.

Maybe it was negligence, maybe not but unfortunately again this could have happened to anyone. The mother too might have been late for work in the morning and waved her daughter a hurried goobye without waiting to see if she has moved safely away from the car. Meanwhile the poor girl's skirt could have been caught in the door.
It's so sad and one can only hope we've taken lessons away from this.
I have learnt to always watch kids move safely away from vehicles.

People die needless and freakish deaths everyday, Lord, please keep us.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 23, 2012
sleep in the bossom of the lord @simi
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by ChefMike(m): 8:07am On Feb 23, 2012
It's very sad indeed,may the almighty God them the fortitude to bear the lose.May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by maran1983(f): 8:13am On Feb 23, 2012
Oh my word! How rather sad.
Rest in peace dear Simi
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by newslive(f): 8:36am On Feb 23, 2012
wat a pity

Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by shadiva: 8:40am On Feb 23, 2012
youngdee168:

Very sad news, may her soul rest in peace, and gv d parents d strenght to bear d lose.
Amen.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by mumgoodie: 8:57am On Feb 23, 2012
What a painful way to end a little girl's destiny. It gives me tears on how our school can be so careless about the kids that are put under their care. But in all who are we to question the Almighty God in times like this. May the soul of the little angel rest in peace. May God comfort the parents and siblings.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by Jemibee: 9:18am On Feb 23, 2012
So PATHETIC!! i haven't stopped shaking my head since i started reading this story. I also have a toddler and i can't imagine being fed such a story on my return from work. Pls gvmt must teach them a lesson so that this never occurs again. To me, the driver, so called nanny and maid are to blame because had 3 of them been much more careful/vigilant, this would have been avoided.

May ur soul Simi rest in perfect peace, Amen
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by Natasha2(f): 9:21am On Feb 23, 2012
shocked cry cry
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by chiama1: 9:34am On Feb 23, 2012
I am short of words cry
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by HyeBits: 9:35am On Feb 23, 2012
Life is like morning glory

Its similitude is that of flower petals

In its tenderness

Radiating all beauty could not define

It threads an ample passage of time

It withers as passers-by shed tears

Tears to depicts once admirable glory

How tenderly is the life

What an agony!

Knowing its irreplaceable

What a loss!

As my pen is wet with the flowing tears

Which renders its ink blood letting

What a loss!

You are indeed a valour, a martyr

Simi, may your gentle soul rest in peace

Princess, we love you

God loves you much more
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by okpurukata(f): 9:48am On Feb 23, 2012
I can't stop crying
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by oyinmio: 10:00am On Feb 23, 2012
@chaircover. I totally agree with u chaircover, totally.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by xynerise: 10:04am On Feb 23, 2012
" I IMAGINE HER RUNNING OUT OF THE ROOM SCREAMIN DAD" this part made me cry.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Husband Caught With Wife's Daughter In Thier Matrimonial Bed! / . / 20 Signs She Is A Feminine Woman - Valorforfreedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.