Stats: 3,158,414 members, 7,836,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . (13818 Views)

This Little Girl Got Married In Northern Nigeria (Unconfirmed) / This Beautiful Little Girl, Zainab, Is Missing (Photo) / Missing Little Girl In Cocain Village Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by Kentus(f): 10:11am On Feb 23, 2012
This is not about blaming anyone but I find it hard to understand how a nanny could have been standing and watching a 2 and half year old to alight from a bus ALL BY HERSELF. It's ridiculous.

Also, I think we send kids to school way too early in this part of the world. If we must, then we have to be really careful. For a child that age to go or come back from school unassisted by a designated adult is risky, if you as me. Parents just have to wake up cos this is one more proof that money's not everything.

It's very comforting to know though, that Simi's safe with Jesus.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by ogbo17: 10:57am On Feb 23, 2012
lord have mercy sad
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by MrMurdah: 11:10am On Feb 23, 2012
Lagos, notorious for the hurry-hurry attitude.

Simi you are with God.

You were young and without blemish.

As you were not corrupted by this evil world.

May this thought, comfort the earthly family you left behind.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by beespak7(m): 11:39am On Feb 23, 2012
What a terrible loss !!!

Half of the blame goes to the driver and half of the blame goes to the nanny. For Christ sake the driver has side mirrors why did he not check to make sure the children had safely walked away from the bus before driving off? he has side mirrors !! why did he not double check? [/b]Knowing fully well the nature of the passengers (FRAGILE AND SPONTANEOUS CHILDREN) that he was carrying.

The 18yr old nanny is supposed to  bring the children down from the bus, [b]strictly
instruct them to walk carefully home, mind the traffic, and not talk to strangers on their way home oooh, but what did she do? The nanny sat in the bus chewing gum and allowed the kids to come down them selves. The death of simi was avoidable and painfull may her gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by amtheone(m): 11:41am On Feb 23, 2012
RIP, little Simi
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by dadicvila(m): 11:46am On Feb 23, 2012
The greed of all this private schools is something our government need to do something about ASAP,how can u take 50k for transportation fee and probably 250k for school fees and you kant hire a matured mother or an elderly woman with passion for kids as a nanny??and u kant maintain your school bus??thats how they go about exploiting the unemployment situation in the country,employing young graduates and paying them peanuts,O God make me President of this Country let me shut down thousands of private schools over night, R.I.P little dove,you no get wahala again

Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by obidia(f): 12:09pm On Feb 23, 2012
I have a daughter about this age, and with my work schedule and all, her staying with an aunt after school until i come back from work am on my knees thanking God cos i know hes the one who has been preserving her.We are pencil in the hands of the creator,my prayer is that he should give us long life in good health to keep on praising him in appreciation of all he has done. Am overwhelmed by this
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by sylve11: 12:20pm On Feb 23, 2012
sad sad sad!!! sad sad sad sad cool cry cool
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by dejgan: 1:00pm On Feb 23, 2012
Like Mrs Akin-Alabi has rightly said, nobody can look after your kids like you do.

It is so sad that the life of that little girl was wasted but the parents must take full responsibility.

Its not enough to pay high fees to so called high paying schools which is done by parents in most cases like its fashion or vogue.

Most parents don't even know who handles their wards from 7am to 2pm. Most of this schools parade headteachers who are qualified and well paid knowing that will convince parents to enroll their wards with them.

These schools charge high fees but pay peanuts and care less about the welfare of their staffs.

Parents know how tasking it is to look after your own two or three kids. Imagine eleven or twelve of your type of hyper-active kids in the care of a poorly paid teacher.
The 18 yr-old girl must have been recruited because the school won't pay a qualified person to do the job while she will be paid like 12k.

Parenting is like studying for exams these days. It is sad that educated folks are the worst culprit today.

I had raised this alarm over a school that keeps posting vacancies for staffs in Abuja.

The owner is interested in building and amassing money and pays staffs poorly with tough working conditions. The staffs keep leaving and that is even bad for the kids cos they keep changing teachers but parents don't want to know.

Some schools with little hype are better than these over rated schools.

They tell you it is UK curriculum, US monte and all sort to justify the high fees.

Parents should take unscheduled visits to schools since govt won't do that for you. Check the toilets, check out the appearance and tolerance level of the teachers, it might give you a clue to whether they are well taken care of to justify the high fees you are paying.

Lastly, these school buses and the drivers need to be double checked.

The system itself is poor cos your child would have gone round town while the bus is picking up other kids before getting to school and vice versa for the return leg.

A school that is more than 15minutes drive away from your home is not an option if you can avoid it.

Your children's school should be a major factor while considering where to live.

I pray other parents will act fast and demand better quality of service from these businessmen educationist before they kill all our future leaders.

They have one special fee to colllect every term from xmas party to excursion, etc yet they can't pay well, they can't provide infracstrutures in top condition to take care of these kids!
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by mkmyers45(m): 1:12pm On Feb 23, 2012
Rip Little Angel cry cry
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by freecocoa(f): 2:02pm On Feb 23, 2012
[b]Many people wrote something about this incident being the will of God,I refuse to believe and agree with that,just how can this be the will of God?a 2 years old baby dying a painful death?jeez I mean somethings aren't always supposed to happen,this is something that clearly could have been avoided.

Since last night i can't get the thought of this outta my head,i just keep imagining the scenario and can't stop asking myself what the house girl was doing that she didn't notice simi's clothe was stuck,the only conclusion i came to is that she wasn't even looking,she must have already been walking back into the house and left simi to follow her without knowing simi's clothe was stuck,seriously more than half of the blame goes to this maid IMO,if I'm to talk about the assistant teacher or whatever she's called i'll end up saying things i don't want to cos she's just a pathetic excuse for a nanny and shouldn't be allowed near kids,where was the driver rushing to that he couldn't wait to make sure the kids were alright before leaving?just how fast was he speeding that the situation couldn't be saved?he must be a very careless and reckless driver who's luck ran out.

I SAY SIMI'S PARENTS SHOULD SUE AND MAKE SURE THAT USELESS SCHOOL IS SHUT DOWN,RUBBISH.[/b]
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by mkmyers45(m): 2:07pm On Feb 23, 2012
freecocoa:

[b]Many people wrote something about this incident being the will of God,I refuse to believe and agree with that,just how can this be the will of God?a 2 years old baby dying a painful death?jeez I mean somethings aren't always supposed to happen,this is something that clearly could have been avoided.

Since last night i can't get the thought of this outta my head,i just keep imagining the scenario and can't stop asking myself what the house girl was doing that she didn't notice simi's clothe was stuck,the only conclusion i came to is that she wasn't even looking,she must have already been walking back into the house and left simi to follow her without knowing simi's clothe was stuck,seriously more than half of the blame goes to this maid IMO,if I'm to talk about the assistant teacher or whatever she's called i'll end up saying things i don't want to cos she's just a pathetic excuse for a nanny and shouldn't be allowed near kids,where was the driver rushing to that he couldn't wait to make sure the kids were alright before leaving?just how fast was he speeding that the situation couldn't be saved?he must be a very careless and reckless driver who's luck ran out.

I SAY SIMI'S PARENTS SHOULD SUE AND MAKE SURE THAT USELESS SCHOOL IS SHUT DOWN,RUBBISH.[/b]

I am thinking on the same line with you, Is the Lord that has taken this girl abi negligence?

See this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-878058.99999.html
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by moHot(f): 2:41pm On Feb 23, 2012
saying this unfortunate incident is the will of God is like adding insult to injury, HABA! when are we going to start taking responsibilities for our actions? OH JESUS!! if only i could set my eyes on that useless nanny and driver infact they will think i gave birth to Simi, i jusy lost my appetite after reading this story. I have two nephews about same age with Simi and i know how i feel if they have as much as scratch on their body

God my hear goes out to Simi's mum, such a young baby dieing in such a gruesome way, a death that could have been avoided; ha this is wickedness!!! so the nanny and the driver cared less because Simi is not their child right? now we say our leaders are selfish and wicked, we cry that they don't have our interest at heart, what of our own wickedness to ourselves??

[/quote]

[quote]Last Friday, while driving to Redemption Camp, my son asked me where we were going, I said Redemption Camp, then he asked if we were going to see Jesus, I said yes, then he screamed and said that means we would see Simi. I went cold. Because we had told him earlier that Simi went to be with Jesus.”

so this little boy won't see his sister again??aww sad sad cry cry cry cry cry
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by moHot(f): 2:45pm On Feb 23, 2012
i hope she's got a good lawyer to sue their sorry ass to infinity,
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by JUO(m): 3:57pm On Feb 23, 2012
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by kaykay27(m): 4:11pm On Feb 23, 2012
Tola,
It is well with thee. Each day i see you in the office, i still feel the pain in your eyes. It well bro. My prayer is that may God give your family the fortitude to bear the loss. Amen
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by janiebravo(f): 4:57pm On Feb 23, 2012
I can not even imagine the pain the parents might be going through, may God rest the soul of that little child, Amen.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by ingot: 5:14pm On Feb 23, 2012
I can only imagine their pain,

Level of Negligence in this country is alarming,
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by sunky644(m): 6:42pm On Feb 23, 2012
That school should be shut down to serve as deterrent to other profit oriented private schools that take the lives of those innocent souls with levity.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by blank(f): 6:54pm On Feb 23, 2012
When i hear stories like this, i want to resign my job and be there 100% for my kids but how well/much can an individual do so? You won't do it forever. I feel so sad. When i see all them school bus drivers driving dangerously which is usually the case, i want to be the one to pick my kids and drop them off, in their car seats, for as long as i can. You will see the kids running around the bus while the bus driver weaves in and out of traffic. Na real wa o.

May God comfort this family. May it never be anyone's portion in Jesus name.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by andyanders: 7:15pm On Feb 23, 2012
This is a very sad issue and parents should be out to help out.  Most of these school drivers are sick. In fact there was a case one day I was driving along Ikorodu and I saw a school bus loaded with children speeding. He was on top speed that I was shocked the way he over took my car and almost ran into another car. I left where I was going and followed the driver behind and he stopped on several places to pick more children, I took my time with him until I got to the school. I now asked to see the owner of the school. I now narrated what happened to the school headmistress and demanded to see the owner. I told them that the driver should be dismissed in my presence or I will go to the press. I was there until the the boy was dismissed. 

Note  that my child dont attend the said school, but because I have my own kids and knows what it takes for a woman to carry a  child for 9 months.  I feel bad when I even see some of these private school buses with children packed  like fish- sardine. 

I have called several school management on this same issue when I see the telephone numbers of the school on the buses. In fact, I was one of the people that took these cases to schools to be putting their telephone numbers on the school buses.

It is our duty to always call the management of these schools whenever we see the drivers of these school buses misbehaving. Don't say, after all, my child is not attending the school. The lives of these children is our collective responsibility. 

I have once rammed my car to another car because I saw him trying to overtake a car that stopped waiting for kids to cross and this iddio-t felt that he was been delayed and wanted to over take and noticing that, I swerved my car to his side to stop him and to save the life of the children crossing and the guy damaged my car. I felt happy that the life of those kids were saved.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by armyofone(m): 7:39pm On Feb 23, 2012
what a very bad driver!! when kids are getting off, drivers should make sure kids are gone before driving off.

where I live, the school bus has RED signal and all cars coming or going from both side of the road stop when the school bus stops with RED sign out.

such a young baby killed for nothing. why should such a little baby be getting off the bus unaided? nothing wrong if the help carried the little one.

RIP lil' one.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by ronkebp(f): 9:05pm On Feb 23, 2012
My liver cannot allow me read such a sad story, so i just clicked on the last page, May the girl's soul rest in peace!!!!! cry cry cry cry
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by tunde1200(m): 7:10am On Feb 24, 2012
honestly i like all matured respponse to this incident. i narated the story to my wife but she could not understand me quickly not until i called the propaitress of of our children schools and narated the story again in her present, that was when she realised what went wrong & she felt unhappy over it. drivers are bad creature kept saying this to people that hire driver, be careful. may almighty heal the heart of the parent.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by Abbycrown(f): 10:17am On Feb 24, 2012
cry poor little angel.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by imurboss: 1:03pm On Feb 24, 2012
very very tragic story,may God rest the soul of the little one and grant the parents fortitude to bear the loss!
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by manmustwac(m): 9:26pm On Feb 24, 2012
As far as am concerned this was an accident waiting to happen. Because statistics say that you'll get at least 8 near misses before you get an accident.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 29, 2012
May the gentle soul rest in peace. Why would the drive zoom off almost immediately./ There is no excuse to being careless he must be jailed for manslaughter, all with the stupid assistant.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by charasho(m): 4:59am On Aug 15, 2012
May Almighty GOD console the family, and may her soul RIP.
Re: The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . by daliki: 10:36am On Feb 25, 2013
Meanwhile, the Principal Consultant, School-run Consult, Mrs. Bisi Akin-Alabi, said she had personally made several efforts to ensure that safety measures were put in place in schools. She advised parents to take the safety of their children as a serious concern.

“Schools should have the right insurance. That is, there should be an insurance scheme attached to every child. If the school involved had every child insured, then we would be speaking to the insurance company now.’’

Akin-Alabi enjoined schools to be more mindful of their policy and recruitment policy, adding that an 18-year-old for instance should not be employed as a nanny.

“No one can protect your child more than you can. The school has a role to play, but you as a parent has more serious roles to play. Last year, my son almost lost his left eye when one of his friends threw a dagger at him,” she said.

I don't understand what this woman is trying to say...that the parents of the late girl did not care for her??Paying a whooping 50,000 for transportation for a 2yr old baby is not enuf care from a parent?? How about those who put their kids on motorbikes, what do u say to those ones The driver and supposed nanny are to blame for this negligence! A 2yr old getting off d bus all by herself!!! Even public bus conductors are careful when it comes to children, how much more a school bus driver!!!!!! Arrant crap!

20 Signs She Is A Feminine Woman - Valorforfreedom / Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. / Couple Welcome Baby Boy After 15 Years Of Marriage

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50