Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,477 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? (12039 Views)

List Of Companies To Send Unsolicited Application / Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. / Jobberman's 2013 - 100 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by blank(f): 2:20pm On Apr 26, 2012
What stage have you passed?
There is the GMAT one and then written English (essay).
I think current affairs also happens on the same day as the essay.
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by saheedowolabi01: 2:27pm On Apr 26, 2012
I passed the gmat and IQ stage(presume d first stage),now been called for a further test..supposely essay and d likes..pls wat d likely topic am to look forward to,d current affairs thingy;is it relating only to nigeria or beyond and i heard there isfigure of speech and idiomatic expression ..pls can u expantiate more !
Hope to hear frm u!
Thanks
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by blank(f): 3:00pm On Apr 26, 2012
The topic is not really important. They just want to see how well you can communicate, your use of English, sentence construction, etc. Just pass your points accross clearly and be careful with your spelling. Then you have the idiomatic expression, figures of speech and current affairs like what currency does Bulgaria use, etc.
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 26, 2012
I just moved to a new company within the industry. Tomorrow is my last day here and I will be resuming in my new company next week by God's grace.

The whole thing took up to 6 months

October 2011 - Sent in my application. I have never been a fan of newspaper job adverts. I don't like job opening where the whole of Nigeria will be invited. I believe in just getting across my CV to right places in HR and get called for interview. I don't even read Guardian. But interestingly, I was just reading Guardian(primarily for political stories) that morning when I saw teh advert. Since it doesn't cost me anything, I just sent in my CV and the one-page turenchi on why I believe I should be given this job.

November 2011 I got a call from KPMG(KPMG handled it for the firm - an oil company) that show up in our office tomorrow blabla for interview. Then a follow-up email sent.

I did the interview and for more than 4 months, I didn't get any response. I gave them a call around January and I was told they were still expecting feedback from their client.

March 2012 Got a call from KPMG again that I had been invited for secodn interview with their client and email followed. Now they revealed the company. Did the interview.

April 2012: Sealed the deal. Medical, offer etc.

May 2012 : To resume, insha Allah.

That's about 6 months. The opposite happened in my current job. The whole thing took less than 1 week.
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by yommy2sure(m): 6:48am On Apr 27, 2012
a lot about waiting, been waiting on a bank since december that i did medicals with them...while still waiting for kpmg since i passed their test in January...gatha keep waiting, praying and applying until one clicks...all the best everyone
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by livapul86(m): 2:19pm On Apr 27, 2012
Jarus: I just moved to a new company within the industry. Tomorrow is my last day here and I will be resuming in my new company next week by God's grace.

The whole thing took up to 6 months

October 2011 - Sent in my application. I have never been a fan of newspaper job adverts. I don't like job opening where the whole of Nigeria will be invited. I believe in just getting across my CV to right places in HR and get called for interview. I don't even read Guardian. But interestingly, I was just reading Guardian(primarily for political stories) that morning when I saw teh advert. Since it doesn't cost me anything, I just sent in my CV and the one-page turenchi on why I believe I should be given this job.

November 2011 I got a call from KPMG(KPMG handled it for the firm - an oil company) that show up in our office tomorrow blabla for interview. Then a follow-up email sent.

I did the interview and for more than 4 months, I didn't get any response. I gave them a call around January and I was told they were still expecting feedback from their client.

March 2012 Got a call from KPMG again that I had been invited for secodn interview with their client and email followed. Now they revealed the company. Did the interview.

April 2012: Sealed the deal. Medical, offer etc.

May 2012 : To resume, insha Allah.

That's about 6 months. The opposite happened in my current job. The whole thing took less than 1 week.

Congratz! Keep soaring higher.
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by mcstan18(m): 8:11am On May 14, 2012
Been waiting on a third generation bank since last December when I had my third and final interview. I've been in touch though and they've kept on saying that we'll(those of us who made it past the interview stage) be contacted soon. Many reasons could contribute to such long delays. Meanwhile, I wrote the test in March last year, had my first interview on 24th may, second interview 13th December and final interview 15th December. So you see, the timing has been inconsistent from the beggining. In my patience, God has brought me ever closer(a step precisely) to landing a bumper job with one of the biggest(if not the biggest) oil companies in the country. Better not to murmur against God for any reason. The wait might just be worth it. God bless all Nairalanders
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by dljbd1(m): 1:40pm On Jul 27, 2013
blank: The topic is not really important. They just want to see how well you can communicate, your use of English, sentence construction, etc. Just pass your points accross clearly and be careful with your spelling. Then you have the idiomatic expression, figures of speech and current affairs like what currency does Bulgaria use, etc.
Thnx...This is really helpful as I'll be doing my second test next Wednesday. Wanna know if its objectives questions as the first was?
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by blank(f): 9:15pm On Jul 28, 2013
dl_jbd:
Thnx...This is really helpful as I'll be doing my second test next Wednesday. Wanna know if its objectives questions as the first was?
My situation wa different as I was coming in as an experienced hire. The second stage for me was meeting a partner.

It depends on the partner you get to meet. Some are easy-going, some are difficult people. Just learn all you can about the firm. Remember that they have other services apart from audit so don't refer to it as an audit firm. Someone failed because of that. Just be articulate, sound intelligent and be friendly.
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by blank(f): 9:19pm On Jul 28, 2013
Sorry, I thought you mentioned 2nd interview. 2nd test is as I explained in the post you quoted. Mine was not objective. It was fill in d gaps and essay. Prepare for really random questions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saipem Contracting Nigeria Ltd. / Beware Of This Recruitment Scam / Graduate Trainee Jobs In Japaul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.