Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout (43798 Views)

Man Batters Wife Over Sex For More Children / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / Lagos Traditional Ruler Assaults Wife Over Phone Call (Battered Wife Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by rhymz(m): 7:18pm On Feb 29, 2012
TV01:

Marriage as a proposition has changed significantly in recent times. One of the downsides for the “wealthier party” – typically men – can be serious financial loss, possibly leading to severe hardship for all but the quite well off.

With the introduction of “no-fault” divorce and laws designed to “ensure the best interest of any children” – which invariably benefits the “primary carer”, a role for the most part presumptuously awarded to the mother – men are also in danger of losing out on a significant role in raising their children.

Many on this thread are looking at “Nups” as the solution, be that pre or post. And doubtless, with  a little creativity, I’m sure we could well see nups evolve into a fully-fledged (and tradable?) financial instrument. The primary driver behind this approach being to limit the financial downside of divorce.

I beg to differ. And for a whole host of reasons;

1. Even if nups were perfectly legal and enforceable, they’d still have to be agreed by the parties. What woman in this day and age would not insist on minimum and potentially scaled (if Daddy hits pay dirt at any point) financial payments for “her kids”. Is anyone left in doubt as to the position the “law” will take on this?
2. It doesn’t speak to a potentially more costly issue – emotionally and financially – of access to the children
3. It doesn’t address or challenge the true motivation behind some of the weird political and legal maneuvering. In fact, it plays right into it’s hands per 1. above
4. An even greater reason – and without touching on 4. above - it doesn’t address root issues, such as the nature, benefits and understanding of marriage. Rebalancing and reclaiming it for the key, most basic and ultimately most important societal building block it is. The family.
5.  Marriage is not a business transaction

Let me start form point 5. First. Many of the discussions here typically focus on rich (celeb) type situations, which to be honest are far from the typical “garden variety” divorce.

As has been rightly pointed out, how many – if any – of the discussants here are any better than comfortably well off? And even if you are, a messy and acrimonious divorce can make road-kill of even the most comfortable lifestyle. Not to mention the physical and emotional costs. Anyone reading will have heard of the “broken men” and the “estranged and wayward children”. Very  real possibilities for your ordinary Joe in the event of divorce.

To treat marriage or any part of it “transactionally” is to divorce - excuse the pun - it from its true worth and meaning and strip it of much of it’s value.

In fact, it would be more honest to treat it as a “transaction” end-to-end, which to be honest is what a lot of people do anyway. Merely adding some spiritual and social content at the front-end, then using the courts to reap the profit at close.

Honest end-game here would be a situation (and if I recall there has been one, involving a rich celeb no less) where having kids and providing for their upkeep were based on a pre-agreed legal contract. Is that really what we want?

More later if time permits, but I welcome comment on the little I’ve posted.

Best
TV

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 7:41pm On Feb 29, 2012
TV01:

I beg to differ. And for a whole host of reasons;

1. Even if nups were perfectly legal and enforceable, they’d still have to be agreed by the parties. What woman in this day and age would not insist on minimum and potentially scaled (if Daddy hits pay dirt at any point) financial payments for “her kids”. Is anyone left in doubt as to the position the “law” will take on this?
2. It doesn’t speak to a potentially more costly issue – emotionally and financially – of access to the children
3. It doesn’t address or challenge the true motivation behind some of the weird political and legal maneuvering. In fact, it plays right into it’s hands per 1. above
4. An even greater reason – and without touching on 4. above - it doesn’t address root issues, such as the nature, benefits and understanding of marriage. Rebalancing and reclaiming it for the key, most basic and ultimately most important societal building block it is. The family.
5.  Marriage is not a business transaction

If you want to overcome all these challenges, come and meet me. I would develop a prenup contract that would beat them piece-easy and will be arguable in any court. It really is not rocket science.

I ain't joking.

TV01:

Let me start form point 5. First. Many of the discussions here typically focus on rich (celeb) type situations, which to be honest are far from the typical “garden variety” divorce.

As has been rightly pointed out, how many – if any – of the discussants here are any better than comfortably well off? And even if you are, a messy and acrimonious divorce can make road-kill of even the most comfortable lifestyle. Not to mention the physical and emotional costs. Anyone reading will have heard of the “broken men” and the “estranged and wayward children”. Very  real possibilities for your ordinary Joe in the event of divorce.

To treat marriage or any part of it “transactionally” is to divorce - excuse the pun - it from its true worth and meaning and strip it of much of it’s value.

In fact, it would be more honest to treat it as a “transaction” end-to-end, which to be honest is what a lot of people do anyway. Merely adding some spiritual and social content at the front-end, then using the courts to reap the profit at close.

Honest end-game here would be a situation (and if I recall there has been one, involving a rich celeb no less) where having kids and providing for their upkeep were based on a pre-agreed legal contract. Is that really what we want?

More later if time permits, but I welcome comment on the little I’ve posted.

Best
TV

What you want is completely irrelevant in the West. Marriage IS a transactional engagement. They have made it that way and you will have to be intellectually blind not to see it. They have destroyed marriage. IT IS BUSINESS and one should treat it like serious business. Don't live in Lululand. As I have said repeatedly: Fck her concept of romance.

If she does not want to get into business, then she should forget marriage and co-habit. Let her choose A or B.

Or C = Eff off!

Always have it on your mind which sex is more into marriage. Which sex needs marriage more. Which sex will struggle to get marriage when they need it.

If you want it, it is on my fcking terms.

I have absolute not an ounce of fcking shame saying it. Virtually all women have no fcking contrition when they are not in love anymore and want to attack their ex. They are ruthless at it and society tolerates it.

Their concept and philosophy of equality and fairness is ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME!

So contractually define equality and fairness well before the love ends and before the BUSINESS of marriage begins.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Kutey: 7:58pm On Feb 29, 2012
Sagamite shut the f*uck up

"Always have it on your mind which sex is more into marriage. Which sex needs marriage more. Which sex will struggle to get marriage when they need it.

If you want it, it is on my fcking terms." Total misogynist.

This comment alone shows what a m0ron you are. You are one of those people that will get married to a girl playing nicey nicey and then show you true colors after. You think a woman needs you and you are doing her a favor so you will marry for all the wrong reasons. Your own fcking terms? Why don't you take a pole and stick it up your ar5e.

Here in the UK in a CIVILIZED country things don't work that way. You can't throw a woman out on the streets with kids with nothing or little. I hope she gets him for all he worth and more. Married with 4 kids If he thinks he can get away with village Naija mentality like you have displayed here stayed tuned to the story. As5h0le.

And the fact that you shout louder and try to prove your point more forcefully doesn't make you right so take a chill pill.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 8:10pm On Feb 29, 2012
Kutey:

Sagamite shut the f*uck up

"Always have it on your mind which sex is more into marriage. Which sex needs marriage more. Which sex will struggle to get marriage when they need it.

If you want it, it is on my fcking terms." Total misogynist.

This comment alone shows what a m0ron you are. You are one of those people that will get married  to a girl playing nicey nicey and then show you true colors after. You think a woman needs you and you are doing her a favor so you will marry for all the wrong reasons. Your own fcking terms? Why don't you take a pole and stick it up your ar5e.

Here in the UK in a CIVILIZED country things don't work that way. You can't throw a woman out on the streets with kids with nothing or little. I hope she gets him for all he worth and more. Married with 4 kids  If he thinks he can get away with village Naija mentality like you have displayed here stayed tuned to the story. As5h0le.

And the fact that you shout louder and try to prove your point more forcefully doesn't make you right so take a chill pill.

You are a cretin!

You are a fcking mooron.

Say "Yes, Sir!".

Why are you hyperventilating like a 1970s airconditioner because of a factual statement? FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Disprove if you can, you arsewipe!

Cretin, so tell me how it is civilized to throw a man out of his own house and tell him to pay for it.

Civilised country my arse. Moorons vomit platitudes they are fed and think that makes them intelligent.

Bloody cretin!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Kutey: 8:27pm On Feb 29, 2012
ahahah aha ah ah you are actually hilarious grin I beg, don't go and get hypertension cause of me.

You obviously have issues and need to speak to someone and get the help required
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 8:31pm On Feb 29, 2012
Kutey:

ahahah aha ah ah you are actually hilarious grin I beg, don't go and get hypertension cause of me.

You obviously have issues and need to speak to someone and get the help required

You are a cretin!

Say "Yes, Sir!".

Explain to me how my statement is not true.

person!

People will marry this kind of typical Nigerian she-goat at home and say "I have a wife". Since when did bestiality count as marriage.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Kutey: 8:45pm On Feb 29, 2012
Which one of your idiotic statements do you want explained d1ckhead

The one where you say you will happily abandon your child till 18, then what? lavish them with money and that will make it all ok. Do you think stuff before you type?

Or where your fellow monkeys joined you in quoting jigga (ignorant idiots use rappers as references) rather than people that actually have successful relationships and families. Thats why the babymamas continue to breed things that are more close to animals than humans prone to violence because they have no fathers or good examples in their life.

Are you saying she and her/his children should have left the house for him? I'm pretty sure he can afford another one and since she has sacrificed years looking after the kids surely she should continue to do so. Let the courts decide. If he didn't like the way things work in the UK he should never have come in the first place.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 8:55pm On Feb 29, 2012
Kutey:

Which one of your idiotic statements do you want explained d1ckhead

The one where you say you will happily abandon your child till 18, then what? lavish them with money and that will make it all ok. Do you think stuff before you type?

Or where your fellow monkeys joined you in quoting jigga (ignorant idiots use rappers as references) rather than people that actually have successful relationships and families. Thats why the babymamas continue to breed things that are more close to animals than humans prone to violence because they have no fathers or good examples in their life.

Are you saying she and her/his children should have left the house for him? I'm pretty sure he can afford another one and since she has sacrificed years looking after the kids surely she should continue to do so. Let the courts decide. If he didn't like the way things work in the UK he should never have come in the first place.

You are a cretin!

Say "Yes, Sir!".

I keep on telling you to say "Yes, Sir" and you are not obliging.

Are you mad? Do you know who I am? Ori e o pe! (You head no correct). FOOOL!

So you could not disprove my statement you quoted and went to look for something else you "think" you could argue.

You are a person!

Say "Yes, Sir!".

Go back and give your arguments on the first moronic challenge you made before we discuss the so-called abandonment of a child.

You think it is SAGAMITE you can strawman?

You are FOOOOOOOOOOL!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Kutey: 9:06pm On Feb 29, 2012
For every cretin you call me you are three times an imbec1le, personal insults don't bother me the least cause you don't know me.

"so tell me how it is civilized to throw a man out of his own house and tell him to pay for it."

Its not HIS house, its the family house so the bulk of the family stays there and he should pay because he was the main/sole breadwinner prior to the breakdown of the relationship while she was the main home carer smiley capisc?
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 9:12pm On Feb 29, 2012
Kutey:

For every cretin you call me you are three times an imbec1le, personal insults don't bother me the least cause you don't know me.

"so tell me how it is civilized to throw a man out of his own house and tell him to pay for it."

Its not HIS house, its the family house so the bulk of the family stays there and he should pay because he was the main/sole breadwinner prior to the breakdown of the relationship while she was the main home carer smiley capisc?

You are a cretin!

Say "Yes, Sir!".

It is not his house? He paid for a house and it is not his? FOOOOOL!

So it is civilised he should be homeless and he should also bare the burden of paying and it should not be his house?

That is the civilisation you were referring to?

I don't need to know you personally to deduce you are a cretin from your utterances.

You are an absolute person!

Say "Yes, Sir!".

You missed the other initial argument out. There is an elephant in the room your brain you are dodging.

Disprove me you bloody cretin!

Eran igbe oshi (Bloody bush meat)!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by kandiikane(m): 9:12pm On Feb 29, 2012
I wonder what has been the outcome since then. I want to see which courts will allow this man to go back to Nigeria to appeal if they were married in England. Please poster keep me posted. . . I might need it for future reference tongue

Moderators, clean this thread, jor! angry
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Kutey: 9:27pm On Feb 29, 2012
You are a d1ckhead. You can go fu<k yourself.

He married her and had a family. He paid for the house, she enabled him to have a family. End of story.

21 mill seems absolutely reasonable to me and i'm sure the courts will agree. It genuinely reflects time spent together and offspring. She might have given up career and who knows what to have 4 pregnancies and take care of the children. I would probably have gone for a higher figure especially if he is worth what they are quoting.

Anyway actually got stuff to do, so keep your foolish arguments coming. I will reply as soon as I can. Arrow
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by TV01(m): 9:31pm On Feb 29, 2012
Sagamite:

If you want to overcome all these challenges, come and meet me. I would develop a prenup contract that would beat them piece-easy and will be arguable in any court. It really is not rocket science.

Anything you can dream up can be overuled by the courts and somethings simply cannot be legislated for or resolved via legal means. This approach will simply exacerbate the gender conflict - already so apparent here - and cannot be the best environment to raise children. Society will suffer.

Plus making marriage a legal contract means it is no longer marriage, but a transaction. It does not and cannot restore the true essence of marriage. Can one even begin to enumerate the potential problems and sorry mess this will result in.

- What's to stop a seperate contract to have kids with other men?
- What if she can't deliver on the required number of children
- Presumably if she's not a wife in the traditional sense, she can be with whomsoever she chooses? Children potentially exposed to "all sorts"
- Did you know most child abuse typically occurs where one of the parents is not the birth parent?
- I could go on and on with the "what if?". And the answer isn't more legal clauses, it's a return to proper marriage

Sagamite:

What you want is completely irrelevant in the West. Marriage IS a transactional engagement. They have made it that way and you will have to be intellectually blind not to see it. They have destroyed marriage. IT IS BUSINESS and one should treat it like serious business. Don't live in Lululand. As I have said repeatedly: Fck her concept of romance.

What the individual or couple want in marriage is everything. If one cannot find someone who will commit to their "proper marriage" aspirations, don't marry. If they can and they both commit to it, the courts and legal rulings count for nothing. At this point - and who knows for sure how things will change? - the obtuse laws and destructive institutions around marriage only apply if you let them.

I'm not blind to it, merely refuse to buy into it.

I've already stated what I feel will be the problems with treating it as or replacing it with a transactional type arrangement. The true essence of marriage is still available if that's what we choose. I wouldn't necessarily agree with the "misogynist" comment, but the aggressive mindset it inculcates is clear and is not the basis for proper marriage.

My mantra continjues to be; get the right understanding, get the right person, then get married.

Best
TV
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by dayokanu(m): 9:36pm On Feb 29, 2012
Kutey:

He married her and had a family. He paid for the house, she enabled him to have a family. End of story.

21 mill seems absolutely reasonable to me and i'm sure the courts will agree. It genuinely reflects time spent together and offspring. She might have given up career and who knows what to have 4 pregnancies and take care of the children. I would probably have gone for a higher figure especially if he is worth what they are quoting.

Anyway actually got stuff to do, so keep your foolish arguments coming. I will reply as soon as I can. Arrow

Didnt he enable her to have a family too? Was she not willing to have the children or did hse have them under durress?

She gave up a career? How much has her mates made in their career during the course of her marriage? surely not up to 10% of 21m
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 9:39pm On Feb 29, 2012
Kutey:

You are a cretin!

Say "Yes, Sir!".

Here the person: He paid for the house, she enabled him to have a family. End of story.

Someone would marry the mooron and reproduce?

Reproduce what? Eggheads?

FCK LAWD!!!

That is the basis of him losing his wealth.

And he did not enable her have a family?

And you were thinking I need to know you personally before I know you are a cretin?

Before we go into your daft rants about her entitlement to 21m, lets first deal with that your moronic challenge of my statement.

You know, the elephant you have been avoiding.

You think it is SAGAMITE from Soyindo ni Sagamu that you can strawman! You are a cretin!

person, disprove me!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 9:55pm On Feb 29, 2012
TV01:

Anything you can dream up can be overuled by the courts and somethings simply cannot be legislated for or resolved via legal means. This approach will simply exacerbate the gender conflict - already so apparent here - and cannot be the best environment to raise children. Society will suffer.

Believe me, root the prenup on human rights and willingness to marry and she would be in a Nursing home before the courts can resolve it. You will take it as far as the human rights courts.

TV01:

Plus making marriage a legal contract means it is no longer marriage, but a transaction. It does not and cannot restore the true essence of marriage. Can one even begin to enumerate the potential problems and sorry mess this will result in.

- What's to stop a seperate contract to have kids with other men?
- What if she can't deliver on the required number of children
- Presumably if she's not a wife in the traditional sense, she can be with whomsoever she chooses? Children potentially exposed to "all sorts"
- Did you know most child abuse typically occurs where one of the parents is not the birth parent?
- I could go on and on with the "what if?". And the answer isn't more legal clauses, it's a return to proper marriage

It is a transaction in the West. They have made it so legislatively.

Not protecting yourself by signing a prenup would not stop it from being a transaction. It would just mean you have put your life in the hands of another (from a sex known not to be logical) and leave yourself liable to be fcked up in the TRANSACTION!

And your potential problem list is frankly ridiculous.

What has prenup got to do with number of children had?

How does lack of prenup stop a child ending up with step-parents?

TV01:

What the individual or couple want in marriage is everything. If one cannot find someone who will commit to their "proper marriage" aspirations, don't marry. If they can and they both commit to it, the courts and legal rulings count for nothing. At this point - and who knows for sure how things will change? - the obtuse laws and destructive institutions around marriage only apply if you let them.

I'm not blind to it, merely refuse to buy into it.

I've already stated what I feel will be the problems with treating it as or replacing it with a transactional type arrangement. The true essence of marriage is still available if that's what we choose. I wouldn't necessarily agree with the "misogynist" comment, but the aggressive mindset it inculcates is clear and is not the basis for proper marriage.

My mantra continjues to be; get the right understanding, get the right person, then get married.

Best
TV

Don't say "if you can not find someone who would commit to a proper marriage". You will find.

But by now you should know most women themselves don't know what they will do tomorrow. They might tell you never but then ever do it. A wise friend once told me: Never believe what a woman says, believes what she does. I act more on body language and actions of a woman than her words. And don't call that misogynist. If you are observant enough you will see that is how women themselves deal with each other. They know!

You are going to marry some 25 year old and then think you know or she knows what she would do when she is 38 years old? Someone you dated for lets say 2 years.

Please, nigga. It seems you know nothing about women. You are a "real man". I am not.

My proper marriage aspiration is: she would marry me for me, we share when we are married and we stop sharing if it does not work out and live with what we contributed.

I am not marrying cretinous goats like Kutey who would say she is used to a lifestyle and I must fund it while her lazy arse contributes nothing.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by TV01(m): 10:31pm On Feb 29, 2012
Sagamite:

Believe me, root the prenup on human rights and willingness to marry and she would be in a Nursing home before the courts can resolve it. You will take it as far as the human rights courts.

It is a transaction in the West. They have made it so legislatively.

Not protecting yourself by signing a prenup would not stop it from being a transaction. It would just mean you have put your life in the hands of another (from a sex known not to be logical) and leave yourself liable to be fcked up in the TRANSACTION!

And your potential problem list is frankly ridiculous.

What has prenup got to do with number of children had?

How does lack of prenup stop a child ending up with step-parents?

Don't say "if you can not find someone who would commit to a proper marriage". You will find.

But by now you should know most women themselves don't know what they will do tomorrow. They might tell you never but then ever do it. A wise friend once told me: Never believe what a woman says, believes what she does. I act more on body language and actions of a woman than her words. And don't call that misogynist. If you are observant enough you will see that is how women themselves deal with each other. They know!

You are going to marry some 25 year old and then think you know or she knows what she would do when she is 38 years old? Someone you dated for lets say 2 years.

Please, nigga. It seems you know nothing about women. You are a "real man". I am not.

My proper marriage aspiration is: she would marry me for me, we share when we are married and we stop sharing if it does not work out and live with what we contributed.

I am not marrying cretinous goats like Kutey who would say she is used to a lifestyle and I must fund it while her lazy arse contributes nothing.

Just a point. As much as we are discussing a point around the law being the problem and/or solutoin, you do realise that your arguement submits that women are the real - and irredeemable - problem here? In which case that kind of contradicts your "aspiration" in red. And with that attitude why bother? I certainly wouldn't advise it.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 29, 2012
dayokanu:

Didnt he enable her to have a family too? Was she not willing to have the children or did hse have them under durress?

She gave up a career? How much has her mates made in their career during the course of her marriage? surely not up to 10% of 21m

You dey mind these greedy buffoons? They have all been making the same tired and senseless arguments and they are beginning to sound grating. Oh she gave up a career to have HIS children. Oh she invested effort in raising HIS children and 'taking care' of HIS home, and for these reasons she is perforce entitled to a sizable chunk of the man's wealth if she ever files for divorce! I really have to question the sincerity and sanity of any human being that agrees with such asinine arguments.

If bearing children is such an expensive proposition, how much do surrogate mothers get paid? If nurturing children is such an unspeakably difficult task, then nannies would be the highest earners. If 'taking care of the 'home' is an unbelievably demanding job, then housekeepers and maids would all be millionaires wouldn't they? If missing out on a 'great' career (assuming this was done against her wish) made her miss out on her own self-made wealth, then we have to ask: how many Ivy-League educated career women retire with savings/net-worths of uo to $21m? ? ? ?

Seeing how ridiculous these all sound, isn't it clear that these deceitful women are blinded by their greed? And we all know that there is nothing more dangerous than deceit fuelled by greed.

Again, I shamelessly insist that rappers make better role models in matters like this. It's certainly better to have a baby momma or two than stand the risk of losing even 20% of one's net worth to one ungrateful b*itch with a horrifyingly nauseating sense of entitlement.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 10:43pm On Feb 29, 2012
TV01:

Just a point. As much as we are discussing a point around the law being the problem and/or solutoin, you do realise that your arguement submits that women are the real - and irredeemable - problem here? In which case that kind of contradicts your "aspiration" in red. And with that attitude why bother? I certainly wouldn't advise it.

I never said women were the problem? Where did you see that? Please point it out to me. How did you arrive at that conclusion?

I said the moronic laws are the problem.

Women are what they are and we have to live with it as best as we can.

Men are what they are and they have to live with it as best as they can.

If you have laws that encourage and indoctrinate women to act in an appalling, selfish way, then don't be surprised when they do.

It is like having laws that make you pay bankers millions and you get greedy, selfish people. Did you think Doctors are made of better blood than bankers?

You think it is because of more intelligence some races don't have forced marriages and some relish it?

It is environmental influences and ideologies (including legislation) that shape behaviours and cultures. And ignoring it is frankly silly and delusional.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 10:49pm On Feb 29, 2012
pro01:

You dey mind these greedy buffoons? They have all been making the same tired and senseless arguments and they are beginning to sound grating. Oh she gave up a career to have HIS children. Oh she invested effort in raising HIS children and 'taking care' of HIS home, and for these reasons she is perforce entitled to a sizable chunk of the man's wealth if she ever files for divorce! I really have to question the sincerity and sanity of any human being that agrees with such asinine arguments.

If bearing children is such an expensive proposition, how much do surrogate mothers get paid? If nurturing children is such an unspeakably difficult task, then nannies would be the highest earners. If 'taking care of the 'home' is an unbelievably demanding job, then housekeepers and maids would all be millionaires wouldn't they? If missing out on a 'great' career (assuming this was done against her wish) made her miss out on her own self-made wealth, then we have to ask: how many Ivy-League educated career women retire with savings/net-worths of uo to $21m? ? ? ?

Seeing how ridiculous these all sound, isn't it clear that these deceitful women are blinded by their greed? And we all know that there is nothing more dangerous than deceit fuelled by greed.

Again, I shamelessly insist that rappers make better role models in matters like this. It's certainly better to have a baby momma or two than stand the risk of losing even 20% of one's net worth to one ungrateful b*itch with a horrifyingly nauseating sense of entitlement.

Don't mind the person called Kutey, I will wait for her.

His children but yet when it comes to divorce she gets "his" children.

Worse still, the woman is a working mother, so making her own money that she is worth.

Even if she was not working, with that wealth, I bet they had Nannies, cleaners and cooks.

An absolute person!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Kutey: 11:28pm On Feb 29, 2012
You are still a dickhead and an as5hole but the statement:
"My proper marriage aspiration is: she would marry me for me, we share when we are married and we stop sharing if it does not work out and live with what we contributed." make me believe there is hope as i agree a 100%. She contributed and brought to life your children. If you don't like it move back to your village.

I have answered all your points but its probably not want you wanted to hear. Me no care.

"I am not marrying cretinous goats like Kutey who would say she is used to a lifestyle and I must fund it while her lazy arse contributes nothing."
Ehrm, I'm not going to boast but I am very hardworking and I earn way way more than is necessary to fund my lifestyle. I am very comfortable indeed  cool and the last thing I would want to be is a housewife (due respect to those who chose to)
By all means, when you have daughters have them live in fear that they have to take everything that her husband will throw at her including emotional and physical abuse, cheating, HIV, violence. Tell her even if she has children with him she will leave with nothing as she has no value and she is just there to breed his kids.
Some shocking stories on this forum (like my husband comes home and smashes my head everyday, I had 7 miscarriages because of his beatings and a constant blue eye. He has women sleeping in our bed and he has told me he hates me, should I stay with him? and invariably the response is "oh, please my dear pray and be nice to him while he breaks your teeth. Cook him his best meals everyday and submit to him. give him sex 3 times a day and speak to pastor. What God has put together no man shall put asunder."

As for that 1diot that has made rappers his role models and has bitches for babymamas may it be unto you as you have wished.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by dayokanu(m): 11:29pm On Feb 29, 2012
So its better to ask women now

Do you really want to have children or you are having children to please me?

if you are having children because you want to, then you shouldnt expect any compensation for having what you wanted

But if you expect me to compensate you for having your children, I better find a surrogate while me and you live together in a childless relationship.

If a woman is still working , Does she still need to be compensated? if yes for what?
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 11:33pm On Feb 29, 2012
Kutey:

You are still a dickhead and an as5hole but the statement:
"My proper marriage aspiration is: she would marry me for me, we share when we are married and we stop sharing if it does not work out and live with what we contributed." make me believe there is hope as i agree a 100%. She contributed and brought to life your children. If you don't like it move back to your village.

I have answered all your points but its probably not want you wanted to hear. Me no care.

"I am not marrying cretinous goats like Kutey who would say she is used to a lifestyle and I must fund it while her lazy arse contributes nothing."
Ehrm, I'm not going to boast but I am very hardworking and I earn way way more than is necessary to fund my lifestyle. I am very comfortable indeed  cool and the last thing I would want to be is a housewife (due respect to those who chose to)
By all means, when you have daughters have them live in fear that they have to take everything that her husband will throw at her including emotional and physical abuse, cheating, HIV, violence. Tell her even if she has children with him she will leave with nothing as she has no value and she is just there to breed his kids.
Some shocking stories on this forum (like my husband comes home and smashes my head everyday, I had 7 miscarriages because of his beatings and a constant blue eye. He has women sleeping in our bed and he has told me he hates me, should I stay with him? and invariably the response is "oh, please my dear pray and be nice to him while he breaks your teeth. Cook him his best meals everyday and submit to him. give him sex 3 times a day and speak to pastor. What God has put together no man shall put asunder."

As for that 1diot that has made rappers his role models and has bitches for babymamas may it be unto you as you have wished.

You are a person!

Say "Yes, Sir"!

Your daft arse is yet to explain your problem with this statement.

If you want it, it is on my fcking terms."

Fcking ediot! It is me you are trying to dodge a point from?
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 11:36pm On Feb 29, 2012
dayokanu:

if you are having children because you want to, then you shouldnt expect any compensation for having what you wanted

But if you expect me to compensate you for having your children, I better find a surrogate while me and you live together in a childless relationship.

If a woman is still working , Does she still need to be compensated? if yes for what?

Lets see how many women take that offer up.

Compensate you for doing what you want to do badly, you get a lot of joy from and keep the rewards. You must be having a laff.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by desertboom(m): 12:20am On Mar 01, 2012
@Kutey. . . May I ask you a question. Why is all your comment and contribution on this thread all about you, you and only you? Go back to re-read your comment again, you never considered the other party, all your write-up was only all about the woman.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Kutey: 12:36am On Mar 01, 2012
Because everyone here wants to bash women and wives, as if the she should carry herself and the 4 kids and leave n4ked because she wasn't working while her millionaire husband keeps the lot.
Whats about me? I have replied about me when that d1ckhead said i need someone to fund my lifestyle. I don't.

You have nearly 9 pages of people calling wives biatches, golddiggers and saying the most awful things and you come and focus on the one person that says marriage is a partnership and when dissolved whatever has been earned during will be equally shared. That's what UK courts believe and I agree. If you are not happy with the laws of the land then leave, simples. I know a typical African man will be happy to live in a society were women have no rights or value at all, unfortunately for u guys it does not work like that elsewhere. Deal with it.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by kandiikane(m): 7:03am On Mar 01, 2012
We all know the likelihood of this woman getting the amount she requested is pretty high, so why not stop your whiny little rants.

P.S, no the case will not reach the human rights court.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by chiozor: 9:56am On Mar 01, 2012
I honestly think this makes sense. if only this could be a form of engagement.
dayokanu:

by the way Kutey please who among the sex needs marriage more
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 01, 2012
dayokanu:

Sagamite:

Lets see how many women take that offer up.

Compensate you for doing what you want to do badly, you get a lot of joy from and keep the rewards. You must be having a laff.

You must be kidding if you expect these vacuous parasites to respond directly to pertinent questions in bold above. Whenever they see that they've been defeated by superior reasoning and logic, they always resort to sentimental arguments and beating about the bush. I would be over-joyed to see them respond directly to the above issues - but then I know that would never happen.

BTW, no one here is denying what the UK/Western laws stipulate with regard to divorce settlement; what we are questioning is the SENSE and JUSTICE behind the laws. Laws are made for Man, Man was not made for the law. The fact that something is legal does not necessarily make it right. At some point, it was legal to buy and sell fellow human beings as slaves. The fact that it was the law didn't make it right. Going by the foolish responses of the foolish women on this thread, laws should be left alone simply because they are laws. If that were the case you'd all probably be slaves today - serving the intimate needs of your white masters while your male counterparts would be sweating it out on rubber plantations.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by queensmith: 11:13am On Mar 01, 2012
A lot has gone on, dayum!

Kutey you have said it all.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by kandiikane(m): 11:17am On Mar 01, 2012
@pro1, If you feel that way, go into parliament and change the law. Whether it's justifiable or not, the law is the law. At the end of the day, those questions asked will not be asked in court because they are irrelevant when it come to determining how much a wife or husband should get when settling a divorce.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by dare2think: 11:50am On Mar 01, 2012
Kutey:

Lol, that got me laughing hard! Now you are making me feel awkward for quoting such a beautiful line!

Seriously, the purpose of the UK law system is to act as a safeguarding mechanism against a history of women abuse. Honestly, the motives are genuine and responsible. However, just like any other policy, there will be some that will not benefit from such laws. Numerous hardworking Men have been negatively affected by such in ways that have relegated them to mental asylums.

An unfaithful wife with children for instance, have all the odds in her favour, to keep the house and the children ,with some change as well (with the woman bringing lovers to the same house). Cases like this is what I  believe sagamite and co are crying foul for! There seems to be no recourse for the jilted man who might have reached an agreement with his then wife to be a stay at home mom for the benefit of 'their' kids.

Domestic disputes are very complicated and requires a lot of emotionality. I subscribe to the law forcing the father pay money towards the children, and if it means the man paying for the rent his children are living in, its  fair. What is not fair is when the court dont put into considerations the earning capabilities of the man.

Whichever the case, the system is a lot better than 9ger where men have their ways and subject loads of women and kids to years of hardship. We all know this happen. As with the uk law, a lot of insincere women have abused the mechansim created to support them but what can men do? Nothing! but hope to be with a conscientious and respectable woman who will keep her dignity even when it all falls down.

In short, these laws are meant to safeguard against irresponsible men, unfortunately some responsible men have been caught
in-between.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply)

Wife Beater Looks Happy In Court Today (Photo) / He Doesn’t Satisfy Me Sexually – Wife Tells Police / ₦150000: Nigerians Underprice Our Sperm - Donors Cry Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.