Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout (43797 Views)

Man Batters Wife Over Sex For More Children / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / Lagos Traditional Ruler Assaults Wife Over Phone Call (Battered Wife Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 11:54am On Mar 01, 2012
Kutey:

Because everyone here wants to bash women and wives, as if the she should carry herself and the 4 kids and leave n4ked because she wasn't working while her millionaire husband keeps the lot.
Whats about me? I have replied about me when that d1ckhead said i need someone to fund my lifestyle. I don't.

You have nearly 9 pages of people calling wives biatches, golddiggers and saying the most awful things and you come and focus on the one person that says marriage is a partnership and when dissolved whatever has been earned during will be equally shared. That's what UK courts believe and I agree. If you are not happy with the laws of the land then leave, simples. I know a typical African man will be happy to live in a society were women have no rights or value at all, unfortunately for u guys it does not work like that elsewhere. Deal with it.

You are a person!

Say "Yes, Sir".

How is she leaving with nothing? The man has offered $2.5m and $35K a year to her, a working mother. How is that nothing? How is she being offered sums she cannot make herself "leaving with nothing".

Where did anyone say she should leave with nothing, you fcking cretin. Telling someone to leave with what they contributed and $2.5m dash is nothing.

You are a cretin! And that should be confirmed when queensmith is praising you and confirming you are saying what she would have said.

chiozor:

by the way Kutey please who among the sex needs marriage more

Don't mind the person. She wouldn't answer the question.

She was frothing like a mental patient having convulsion because I stated a fact!

pro01:

You must be kidding if you expect these vacuous parasites to respond directly to pertinent questions in bold above. Whenever they see that they've been defeated by superior reasoning and logic, they always resort to sentimental arguments and beating about the bush. I would be over-joyed to see them respond directly to the above issues - but then I know that would never happen.

BTW, no one here is denying what the UK/Western laws stipulate with regard to divorce settlement; what we are questioning is the SENSE and JUSTICE behind the laws. Laws are made for Man, Man was not made for the law. The fact that something is legal does not necessarily make it right. At some point, it was legal to buy and sell fellow human beings as slaves. The fact that it was the law didn't make it right. Going by the foolish responses of the foolish women on this thread, laws should be left alone simply because they are laws. If that were the case you'd all probably be slaves today - serving the intimate needs of your white masters while your male counterparts would be sweating it out on rubber plantations.

Thank you.

The bolded in particular is what proves queensmith and moremi are fucktards!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Yorisb: 12:31pm On Mar 01, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a cretin! And that should be confirmed when queensmith is praising you and confirming you are saying what she would have said.

*Falls from the kitchen stool*
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 1:17pm On Mar 01, 2012
Here is another one.

The wife wants £1,000 a day for the maintenance of 2 kids. Someone tell me which kind of kids need £1,000 a day for their upkeep and even if that kind of extravagant upkeep is good for the kid to be raised in.

In the best interest of the children my arse!

And yet these rich fooools don't know what a prenup is, they are being "gentlemen" and not asking.

Fck that! Not in Sagamu.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2107990/Dragons-Den-star-Duncan-Bannatyne-quietly-divorces-second-wife-Joanne-McCue-years.html
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Claus(m): 1:25pm On Mar 01, 2012
dare2think:

Lol, that got me laughing hard! Now you are making me feel awkward for quoting such a beautiful line!

Seriously, the purpose of the UK law system is to act as a safeguarding mechanism against a history of women abuse. Honestly, the motives are genuine and responsible. However, just like any other policy, there will be some that will not benefit from such laws. Numerous hardworking Men have been negatively affected by such in ways that have relegated them to mental asylums.

An unfaithful wife with children for instance, have all the odds in her favour, to keep the house and the children ,with some change as well (with the woman bringing lovers to the same house). Cases like this is what I  believe sagamite and co are crying foul for! There seems to be no recourse for the jilted man who might have reached an agreement with his then wife to be a stay at home mom for the benefit of 'their' kids.

Domestic disputes are very complicated and requires a lot of emotionality. I subscribe to the law forcing the father pay money towards the children, and if it means the man paying for the rent his children are living in, its  fair. What is not fair is when the court dont put into considerations the earning capabilities of the man.

Whichever the case, the system is a lot better than 9ger where men have their ways and subject loads of women and kids to years of hardship. We all know this happen. As with the uk law, a lot of insincere women have abused the mechansim created to support them but what can men do? Nothing! but hope to be with a conscientious and respectable woman who will keep her dignity even when it all falls down.

In short, these laws are meant to safeguard against irresponsible men, unfortunately some responsible men have been caught
in-between.

I completely agree with the bolded bit. The laws in Naija leave women susceptible to too much abuse. A balancing act where one party doesn't have an unfair advantage over the other is the ideal.

Regarding the UK laws, one will only get sympathy from 2 groups of women:

1) those whose male relatives (brother, cousin, son) have been  negatively affected;
2) those who fall in love with (and even decide to marry) divorced men and can see first hand the financial strain imposed on those men.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by queensmith: 1:33pm On Mar 01, 2012
dare2think:

Lol, that got me laughing hard! Now you are making me feel awkward for quoting such a beautiful line!

Seriously, the purpose of the UK law system is to act as a safeguarding mechanism against a history of women abuse. Honestly, the motives are genuine and responsible. However, just like any other policy, there will be some that will not benefit from such laws. Numerous hardworking Men have been negatively affected by such in ways that have relegated them to mental asylums.

An unfaithful wife with children for instance, have all the odds in her favour, to keep the house and the children ,with some change as well (with the woman bringing lovers to the same house). Cases like this is what I  believe sagamite and co are crying foul for! There seems to be no recourse for the jilted man who might have reached an agreement with his then wife to be a stay at home mom for the benefit of 'their' kids.

Domestic disputes are very complicated and requires a lot of emotionality. I subscribe to the law forcing the father pay money towards the children, and if it means the man paying for the rent his children are living in, its  fair. What is not fair is when the court dont put into considerations the earning capabilities of the man.

Whichever the case, the system is a lot better than 9ger where men have their ways and subject loads of women and kids to years of hardship. We all know this happen. As with the uk law, a lot of insincere women have abused the mechansim created to support them but what can men do? Nothing! but hope to be with a conscientious and respectable woman who will keep her dignity even when it all falls down.

In short, these laws are meant to safeguard against irresponsible men, unfortunately some responsible men have been caught
in-between.

Soo true. Soo long as the point of these laws are understood it isnt difficult appreaciating them.
I would hate to even think of what women are going through in Nigeria with no such laws. In the uk you dont even have to be married to be paying child support, it's deducted nicely from your paycheck before you know it!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 1:35pm On Mar 01, 2012
Claus:

I completely agree with the bolded bit. The laws in Naija leave women susceptible to too much abuse. A balancing act where one party doesn't have an unfair advantage over the other is the ideal.

You will see the same cretins saying the law is the law frothing from all sides of their mouths when we start discussing this without even justifying it.

Those are the type of people TV01 think say he can expect logical resolution with if a relationship breaks down and you need no protection.

Claus:

Regarding the UK laws, one will only get sympathy from 2 groups of women:

1) those whose male relatives (brother, cousin, son) have been  negatively affected;
2) those who fall in love with (and even decide to marry) divorced men and can see first hand the financial strain imposed on those men.

Na civilised country na, with civlised ways. grin grin grin grin

Civoski! grin

Civo, Civo! grin

[Says with his Yankee accent] Civilisation! grin grin grin grin grin

Fucktards!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 1:36pm On Mar 01, 2012
queensmith:

Soo true. Soo long as the point of these laws are understood it isnt difficult appreaciating them.
I would hate to even think of what women are going through in Nigeria with no such laws. In the uk you dont even have to be married to be paying child support, it's deducted nicely from your paycheck before you know it!

Una see when I talk about the same cretins frothing from all sides of the mouth. grin
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by dare2think: 1:54pm On Mar 01, 2012
She allegedly demanded £1,000 a day on top of maintainance for Emily, 10, and Tom, eight and for their mansion and holiday home in France.

He had been travelling from London back up North to spend time with the children.
The star also claimed her demands were so steep, he was forced to lay off 43 staff from his gyms and property empire

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2107990/Dragons-Den-star-Duncan-Bannatyne-quietly-divorces-second-wife-Joanne-McCue-years.html#ixzz1nrx9Tg1q

Women!!!!!   

I hail thee

Awon iya mi osho ron ga
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by denzel2009: 2:10pm On Mar 01, 2012
dare2think:

She allegedly demanded £1,000 a day on top of maintainance for Emily, 10, and Tom, eight and for their mansion and holiday home in France.

He had been travelling from London back up North to spend time with the children.
The star also claimed her demands were so steep, he was forced to lay off 43 staff from his gyms and property empire

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2107990/Dragons-Den-star-Duncan-Bannatyne-quietly-divorces-second-wife-Joanne-McCue-years.html#ixzz1nrx9Tg1q

Women!!!!!   

I hail thee

Awon iya mi osho ron ga

Lmao, Duncan Bannantyne don enter one chance.

Ok why does she need 2 houses?
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 2:29pm On Mar 01, 2012
denzel2009:

Lmao, Duncan Bannantyne don enter one chance.

Ok why does she need 2 houses?

In the best interest of the children.

In case one house has mosquitos, they can shift to the other. Abi you want make mosquito bite the kids? You want them to suffer? You want to leave them with nothing? grin
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by TV01(m): 2:38pm On Mar 01, 2012
Sagamite,

If the laws are moronic and women illogical (i.e. unpredictable and therefore untrustworthy – you’ve said that much at least), IMO marriage simply becomes a non-option.

I for one would never have married if I felt that to be the case for both these aspects (law/women).

I recall from another thread saying - for those men that want to marry - something along the lines of the following;

1. Prepare yourself
2. Find a woman who is equally prepared and shares (or jointly develop) your aspirations and vision for the union
3. Get married.

If you can’t trust someone (and how can you if you consider their behavior illogical and unpredictable) you can’t satisfy those three rules. Marriage ceases to be an option.

If you can, then you have the issue of the law (being an ass, or at least unbalanced - and to an extent I agree here). However, the law ceases to be in effect, when you inure your marriage from it and do not require recourse to it.

Marriage as a transaction can never work or it simply becomes something else entirely.

A man can always refuse to marry a woman who is not wealthier than him. And wealthier to the extent that a breakup means that he will not lose out in the “transaction”. It still misses the point though.

To do away with or re-engineer marriage because of the potential downside if it breaks up is ultimately a loss for society as a whole.

The key is a return to “proper marriage”. The courts did not institute marriage, neither can they fix it. The problem is in the first instance, peoples understanding, approach and expectations. Fix that and the issues, pertinently the divorce one will be exceptions.

I understand the historical unbalance that has left many women at the mercy of hostile men, but I don’t see the solution being for the imbalance to be swung the other way. Apart from the fact that the prevailing air of PC’ness and other lobbies will militate against it, I don’t even believe a legal fix is possible.

The legal thingy is not even my main point. Gender wars – by whatever means – will not benefit either side or society as a whole. My thrust is for men and women to be properly raised to understand and embrace the marriage union.

Taking one aspect – divorce – of marriages that fail and focusing on the unfairness of the legislation around that will not give us a solution.

All it will do it entrench a mindset of us against them, breed increasing hostility and take us further away from regaining the true essence of marriage

Believe me, I have seen the tragedy of acrimonious and messy divorces up close and the triggering issues are never the law. Even if divorce laws were perfect, is divorce end-game?

Best
TV
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 2:40pm On Mar 01, 2012
TV01:

Sagamite,

If the laws are moronic and women illogical (i.e. unpredictable and therefore untrustworthy – you’ve said that much at least), IMO marriage simply becomes a non-option.

I for one would never have married if I felt that to be the case for both these aspects (law/women).

First of all, lets have some clarity on this before I even read the rest.

Are you saying, in your view, that these are not the case?

Another thing, if I recall correctly, you are married. Please tell me how long you knew/courted your wife before your marriage.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by TV01(m): 3:21pm On Mar 01, 2012
Sagamite:

First of all, lets have some clarity on this before I even read the rest.

Are you saying, in your view, that these are not the case?

Please read in full.

1. is the law unbalanced - for the most part I agree. But the law is not for those that get it right, as it won't be in play.
2. are women illogical - for the most part I agree. But find one that is not and marry her.

I personally "viewed" - apologies for making it sound transactional  grin - over 250 women before I found the one. And all but a handful were illogical, unpredictable, immature, unprepared, lacked understanding etc. etc (ok, 1 or 2 simply didn't fancy me. They were classified as "loco"  shocked). Call it what you will.

However, I speak as a man. There are men out there, that are brutal, uncaring, insensitive, immature, unprepared and lack understanding etc. etc.

Neither gender can prosper withought proper marriage.

Best
TV
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 4:17pm On Mar 01, 2012
TV01:

Please read in full.

1. is the law unbalanced - for the most part I agree. But the law is not for those that get it right, as it won't be in play.
2. are women illogical - for the most part I agree. But find one that is not and marry her.

I personally "viewed" - apologies for making it sound transactional  grin - over 250 women before I found the one. And all but a handful were illogical, unpredictable, immature, unprepared, lacked understanding etc. etc (ok, 1 or 2 simply didn't fancy me. They were classified as "loco"  shocked). Call it what you will.

However, I speak as a man. There are men out there, that are brutal, uncaring, insensitive, immature, unprepared and lack understanding etc. etc.

Best
TV

OK, we are relatively on the same page on the fundamentals. All angles of disagreement will be dealt with when responding to your preceding post.

TV01:

Sagamite,

You are wrong.

Marriage can be an option with firm clarity of where you stand and based on the response you get from the person that wants you to marry them.

Anecdotally, maybe over 95% of women are illogical and unpredictable and yet about only 50% of marriages in the West fail and maybe another 30% are unhappily still married.

Despite women being largely unpredictable, there can be adaptations and/or containment men can engage in that can make marriage work. As I said, you take them the way they are and do the best you can.

Hence, you are emphatically wrong in your conclusion. The human psyche is way too complex for you to be so dismissive by coming up with such simplistic conclusion that because of A and B, then marriage is no option.

Then secondly, you got your tail in a twist when you said: I for one would never have married if I felt that to be the case for both these aspects (law/women).

You have confirmed you feel that way from your last post and, if I recall correctly, you are married.

Stop using populist, illogical arguments please.

TV01:

I recall from another thread saying - for those men that want to marry - something along the lines of the following;

1. Prepare yourself
2. Find a woman who is equally prepared and shares (or jointly develop) your aspirations and vision for the union
3. Get married.

If you can’t trust someone (and how can you if you consider their behavior illogical and unpredictable) you can’t satisfy those three rules. Marriage ceases to be an option.

As I said earlier, it is Natwest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLENf8_GE_Q

There is "another way" you know.

Non-real men like me, can come, dictate what they want with logical clarity and ensure they get it and have a happy marriage.

Maybe your second point caters for that without you knowing, maybe it does not. That is what I call: shares (or jointly develop) your aspirations and vision for the union.

So, again, you are emphatically wrong.

TV01:

If you can, then you have the issue of the law (being an Bottom, or at least unbalanced - and to an extent I agree here). However, the law ceases to be in effect, when you inure your marriage from it and do not require recourse to it.

This, I have to be frank here, is ABSOLUTELY delusional.

You are going to "inure" (oyinbo, baba nla grammar) your marriage from it. How? By wishful thinking?

What guarantee do you have when it comes to it, she cannot decide to seek divorce and enforce the letter of the law. Because she told you she is not that type of woman when you were dating? Because you "wish" she would not or because you think you know everything about her purely based on the "lets impress each other" courtship you hard?

So if there was a divorce, and she says she wants you to fund her lifestyle, what are you going to do? You will tell the Judge:

"My Lord, these laws don't apply to us because we are innocuous, inured, inoculated and innerpatticent of innopioucity of innerpurity from the law?"

Let me correct you: Faith is not air-tight and logical!

Don't use faith as an argument.

Inure in Yoruba means light. This your inure must be from NEPA!

TV01:

Marriage as a transaction can never work or it simply becomes something else entirely.

A man can always refuse to marry a woman who is not wealthier than him. And wealthier to the extent that a breakup means that he will not lose out in the “transaction”. It still misses the point though.

To do away with or re-engineer marriage because of the potential downside if it breaks up is ultimately a loss for society as a whole.

Wake up! Marriage is already something else in the West due to the laws.

Dreaming it is not, will not stop it from being something else.

See cretins coming here to argue CONFIDENTLY someone deserves $21m they never worked for and you are thinking society is still the same.

Society is already at loss.

TV01:

The key is a return to “proper marriage”. The courts did not institute marriage, neither can they fix it. The problem is in the first instance, peoples understanding, approach and expectations. Fix that and the issues, pertinently the divorce one will be exceptions.

Honestly, I am not being rude, this is utter delusional tosh except you can find a way where your "proper marriage" will not be subject to the laws of the land that guides marriage. A real, practical way, not wishful thinking or faith. Something airtight!

Secondly, you are yet to come up with what actions, apart from wishful thinking, you will take to influence and change the philosophical ecosystem that shapes people's behaviours and beliefs (understand, approach and expectations). Behaviours and beliefs that is now rampart amongst majority of delusional modern women that think being married entitles them to half and who are yet to adapt to the relationship rebalance which their financial freedom gives them.

TV01:

I understand the historical unbalance that has left many women at the mercy of hostile men, but I don’t see the solution being for the imbalance to be swung the other way. Apart from the fact that the prevailing air of PC’ness and other lobbies will militate against it, I don’t even believe a legal fix is possible.

The legal thingy is not even my main point. Gender wars – by whatever means – will not benefit either side or society as a whole. My thrust is for men and women to be properly raised to understand and embrace the marriage union.

Taking one aspect – divorce – of marriages that fail and focusing on the unfairness of the legislation around that will not give us a solution.

All it will do it entrench a mindset of us against them, breed increasing hostility and take us further away from regaining the true essence of marriage

Believe me, I have seen the tragedy of acrimonious and messy divorces up close and the triggering issues are never the law. Even if divorce laws were perfect, is divorce end-game?

Best
TV

TV, this is fanciful air.

As one of my friends was told in Lagos when he was giving consulting gimmicks for a proposal: "Oga, show me the practicals".
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 01, 2012
TV01:

I personally "viewed" - apologies for making it sound transactional  grin - over 250 women before I found the one.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by TV01(m): 8:19pm On Mar 01, 2012
ileobatojo:

I personally "viewed" - apologies for making it sound transactional  - over 250 women before I found the one.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

It was over a very long period and I didn't buy, rent, sleep over or use the facilities. angry! Abeg, free me  cool!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by TV01(m): 10:13pm On Mar 01, 2012
Sagamite:

You are wrong.

Marriage can be an option with firm clarity of where you stand and based on the response you get from the person that wants you to marry them.

Anecdotally, maybe over 95% of women are illogical and unpredictable and yet about only 50% of marriages in the West fail and maybe another 30% are unhappily still married.

Despite women being largely unpredictable, there can be adaptations and/or containment men can engage in that can make marriage work. As I said, you take them the way they are and do the best you can.

Hence, you are emphatically wrong in your conclusion. The human psyche is way too complex for you to be so dismissive by coming up with such simplistic conclusion that because of A and B, then marriage is no option.

I don't see how I can be wrong, as you are essentially echoing my "Find the one that shares your aspirations" theme here?
If the facts say that 95% of JAMB applicants fail, will you decide not to go to uni or determine to be amongst the 5% that do?

Having said that if the law is 100% anti and women are 100% bad, than I insist that marriage becomes unworkable and therefore not viable. I don't agree that there's no work around. On a personal note, I resolved not to marry if I couldn't find the one.

Sagamite:

Then secondly, you got your tail in a twist when you said: I for one would never have married if I felt that to be the case for both these aspects (law/women).

You have confirmed you feel that way from your last post and, if I recall correctly, you are married.

Stop using populist, illogical arguments please.

Yes, I am "blissfully" married and would not have gotten married if I hadn't found the right one. The law was not a consideration. Not illogical, not populist. Personal. Surely my position is now clear?

Sagamite:

There is "another way" you know.

Non-real men like me, can come, dictate what they want with logical clarity and ensure they get it and have a happy marriage.

Maybe your second point caters for that without you knowing, maybe it does not. That is what I call: shares (or jointly develop) your aspirations and vision for the union.

So, again, you are emphatically wrong.

You can't unilaterlly "dictate" and expect a bilaterally "happy" marriage. Faulty thinking, and predisposes the union to issues. Careful.

I've more than clarified my points. If the law is 100% bad and women 95% unmarriageable, find one of the 5%. If it's 100% bad both ways, forget it. I would've.

And no, I am not wrong sir, I am living it  cool.

Sagamite:

This, I have to be frank here, is ABSOLUTELY delusional.

You are going to "inure" (oyinbo, baba nla grammar) your marriage from it. How? By wishful thinking?

What guarantee do you have when it comes to it, she cannot decide to seek divorce and enforce the letter of the law. Because you "wish" she would not or because you think you know everything about her purely based on the "lets impress each other" courtship you hard?

So if there was a divorce, and she says she wants you to fund her lifestyle, what are you going to do? You will tell the Judge:

"My Lord, these laws don't apply to us because we are innocuous, inured, inoculated and innerpatticent of innopioucity of innerpurity from the law?"

Let me correct you: Faith is not air-tight and logical!

Don't use faith as an argument.

Inure in Yoruba means light. This your inure must be from NEPA!

Wake up! Marriage is already something else in the West due to the laws.

Dreaming it is not, will not stop it from being something else.

1. Inure by agreement. Not wishful thinking.
2. What gaurantees do you have about anything? Life is a risk. But I have been as dilligent as I feel I can be. And I am happy to proceed and give it my all on that basis.
3. No "Impress each other courtship" 0! Could see it when we first met, was pretty sure after 1 "date". Shared my heart, dreams and vision over a few months - also conducting due dilligence and presenting it to our families. Easy peasy. otherwise I would have walked.
4. No divorce. We took vows. I simply can't see it. Expectations were sky high, but if anything they have been exceeded. But to answer your question. I will always seek the best for our children. I won't contest a thing. All I have is already hers. If she thinks she can do better elsewhere. I will take responsibility for choosing one of the 95% and keep moving.
5. Although faith was a part of my journey, I have not called on that here, do not make it dogma for marriage and it doesn't obviate the practical aspects. Righten up yourself, find the right person, marry in the right way. Faith for me lends it a fullness, but the practicals you called for remain unchanged.

Sagamite:

See cretins coming here to argue CONFIDENTLY someone deserves $21m they never worked for and you are thinking society is still the same.

Society is already at loss.

Honestly, I am not being rude, this is utter delusional tosh except you can find a way where your "proper marriage" will not be subject to the laws of the land that guides marriage. A real, practical way, not wishful thinking or faith. Something airtight!

Secondly, you are yet to come up with what actions, apart from wishful thinking, you will take to influence and change the philosophical ecosystem that shapes people's behaviours and beliefs (understand, approach and expectations). Behaviours and beliefs that is now rampart amongst majority of delusional modern women that think being married entitles them to half and who are yet to adapt to the relationship rebalance which their financial freedom gives them.

TV, this is fanciful air.

As one of my friends was told in Lagos when he was giving consulting gimmicks for a proposal: "Oga, show me the practicals".

1. You misunderstand the essence of genuine marriage. All I have is hers, regardless of what she has or contributes.
2. Money does not underpin or singularly drive the dynamic of marriage. It's sacrificial and it's sharing.
3. Societies loss is the warping of marriage and the "jaundicing" of gender interactions as demonstrated by your position.
4. The law did not determine Whom I married or our vision for our marriage. Sod the law.
5. I am not marrying the whole of society and have no wish to alter the philosophical ecosystem. My business is with my mindset and my wifes mindset. Ensuring they are aligned.
6. I have said money does not singularly underpin or act as the main driver in proper marriage

Sir, please ditch the cynicism, the fear and the adversarial mindset. Understand that marriage is not just about you and your dictates. Be bold. A protector and providor. Find a woman who will cherish that and you, then throw down like only the Ijebu can.

I am so rooting for you (And I dey London 0!  cool

Best
TV
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Kutey: 11:31pm On Mar 01, 2012
OMG  shocked are you guys for fu<king real!! you have been on the forum posting bul1shit all day Don't you have jobs and lives to live? Lol

I have answered all your questions. Whether you are satisfied with the answers or not does not concern me.
She has been used to a certain standard of life and she shall continue to. Why not? She probably married for genuine reasons and that is reflected in the years spent together and children born.

Men NEED marriage way more than women do. Married men are healthier, live longer and are generally more happy. A woman (and a lot do) can decide to have children and actually enjoy them without someone telling her when and how to see them and have a guy on the side. They find that double the amount of women regret who they married than men.

Look at this idiots thinking they are doing a woman a favor by marrying them? Getting into it for all the wrong reason because they already think they are superior because the have a pen1s.
Nigeria is such a backward society, if it wasn't why are you here? go back to your father land.
They make women believe they have to marry marry marry and that's what makes it easy to make the wrong choice. Societies are very very different. In Nigeria its all about ticking boxes,young tick, tall, tick rich, tick, educated tick. Of course you should have standards but marriage is way more than that. Yes you can argue in the west they have higher divorce rates but in Nigeria most women live in ABSOLUTE misery but society has made them believe they need to be Mrs so desperately that they have to stay no matter what.

Who need marriage most? what are the benefits of marriage for a woman apart from religion and society acceptance in some countries?
She has to cook 3 meals a day unless she is a bad wife. She has to go through the trauma of childbirth and make sure (because she is God) she produces male children, if female its her fault. She has to have s3x as much as possible because if he cheats its her fault. She has to be ready to give up her career and be home carer or she is not submissive, who does she expect to bring up her children? On top of that she has to be ready to lose all if her husband is no more satisfied or has found a replacement. Then she can go empty handed back to her parent house where she starts from square one only that this time no one wants her because she is a burden and has baggage. This is what Nigerian men wish for their daughters and sisters.

A man comes home to 3 meals, a tidy home, available sex and children. Has nothing to lose. So look at your fool1sh question again and answer for yourself.

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE COUNTRY GO BACK TO YOUR VILLAGE, CAPISC? Everything that has been earnt during the matrimony will and shall be divided equally  cool simples.

And SAGAMITE you are still and will certainly remain a knobhead
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 11:36pm On Mar 01, 2012
TV01:

I don't see how I can be wrong, as you are essentially echoing my "Find the one that shares your aspirations" theme here?
If the facts say that 95% of JAMB applicants fail, will you decide not to go to uni or determine to be amongst the 5% that do?

Having said that if the law is 100% anti and women are 100% bad, than I insist that marriage becomes unworkable and therefore not viable. I don't agree that there's no work around. On a personal note, I resolved not to marry if I couldn't find the one.

TV, I have to say: You do struggle with logical thought.

That is not a disrespectful statement, that is merely fact. I first noticed it when you started saying earlier on this thread that a woman not having the required number of kids ala prenup. What has that got to do with prenup.

Now what has the bolded in you statement quoted got to do with what I said?

I said 95% of women are illogical and go on to roughly calculate 80% of marriages fail or are unhappy, which lives roughly, at a minimum, 15% of illogical women can still be in a happy marriage. Talkless of the 5% of logical ones. What has your bolded statement got to do with that deduction?

How can you postulate 100% of women are bad? What kind of logic is that?

TV01:

Yes, I am "blissfully" married and would not have gotten married if I hadn't found the right one. The law was not a consideration. Not illogical, not populist. Personal. Surely my position is now clear?

For how many months or years did you court before you married your wife?

TV01:

You can't unilaterlly "dictate" and expect a bilaterally "happy" marriage. Faulty thinking, and predisposes the union to issues. Careful.

I've more than clarified my points. If the law is 100% bad and women 95% unmarriageable, find one of the 5%. If it's 100% bad both ways, forget it. I would've.

And no, I am not wrong sir, I am living it  cool.

Yes, you can!

I am from the clan of men that state their ground rules and if you don't accept it you have the liberty to leave. How is that faulty thinking? You have been taught "real men" don't say things women don't want to hear?

I am not a real man. I am ALL man!

TV01:

1. Inure by agreement. Not wishful thinking.
2. What gaurantees do you have about anything? Life is a risk. But I have been as dilligent as I feel I can be. And I am happy to proceed and give it my all on that basis.
3. No "Impress each other courtship" 0! Could see it when we first met, was pretty sure after 1 "date". Shared my heart, dreams and vision over a few months - also conducting due dilligence and presenting it to our families. Easy peasy. otherwise I would have walked.
4. No divorce. We took vows. I simply can't see it. Expectations were sky high, but if anything they have been exceeded. But to answer your question. I will always seek the best for our children. I won't contest a thing. All I have is already hers. If she thinks she can do better elsewhere. I will take responsibility for choosing one of the 95% and keep moving.
5. Although faith was a part of my journey, I have not called on that here, do not make it dogma for marriage and it doesn't obviate the practical aspects. Righten up yourself, find the right person, marry in the right way. Faith for me lends it a fullness, but the practicals you called for remain unchanged.

An agreement that is not legally binding is faith. Faith is wishful thinking as you have no control.

You said "I have been as dilligent as I feel I can be. And I am happy to proceed and give it my all on that basis", those words are WISHFUL THINKING.

Your due diligence was done after ONE date.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Awww! How lovely. What a lovely thing to say. All the women reading this have their hearts melting and a lump in their throats. What a real man! You be "real man" gba. grin

"No divorce. We took vows. I simply can't see it.". Fck me LAWD! Triple fck me LAWD! So those that divorce did not take vows. That is the protection that guarantees you? Mate, you are not a logical person. WISHFUL THINKING! That is what your whole philosophy is based on. You no fit 'show me the practicals'.

You have absolutely no clue what your wife would do 10/15 years from now. You are living on faith. Many like you have lived on such and majority have regretted it in divorce.

TV01:

1. You misunderstand the essence of genuine marriage. All I have is hers, regardless of what she has or contributes.
2. Money does not underpin or singularly drive the dynamic of marriage. It's sacrificial and it's sharing.
3. Societies loss is the warping of marriage and the "jaundicing" of gender interactions as demonstrated by your position.
4. The law did not determine Whom I married or our vision for our marriage. Sod the law.
5. I am not marrying the whole of society and have no wish to alter the philosophical ecosystem. My business is with my mindset and my wifes mindset. Ensuring they are aligned.
6. I have said money does not singularly underpin or act as the main driver in proper marriage

Sir, please ditch the cynicism, the fear and the adversarial mindset. Understand that marriage is not just about you and your dictates. Be bold. A protector and providor. Find a woman who will cherish that and you, then throw down like only the Ijebu can.

I am so rooting for you (And I dey London 0!  cool

Best
TV

More of the "real man" platitudes.  undecided

1. The essence of genuine marriage in my world is that you can share all I have when we are together. We stop sharing when we are no more together. Real men are too nice to say that.
2. Money does not underpin or singularly drive the dynamic of marriage. It's sacrificial and it's sharing. But I will protect my future from being damaged.
3. Societies loss is the warping of marriage and the "jaundicing" of gender interactions as demonstrated by your position. Blame the stewpid laws for it.
4. The law will not be sodded if you are unfortunate and she decides to eff you up. She has an upper hand over you, stop dreaming she doesn't.
5. But you feel your partner is immune from the interaction of the philosophical ecosystem based on one date of due diligence. Amazing. You are one of, or all of, the following: dreamer, ignorant, naive or foolhardy. All I can say is Good Luck.
6. "I have said money does not singularly underpin or act as the main driver in proper marriage". I never said it does but it sure fcking plays a big part!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by queensmith: 11:37pm On Mar 01, 2012
Kutey- GBAM! #thatisall.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 11:38pm On Mar 01, 2012
Kutey:

OMG  shocked are you guys for fu<king real!! you have been on the forum posting bul1shit all day Don't you have jobs and lives to live? Lol

I have answered all your questions. Whether you are satisfied with the answers or not does not concern me.
She has been used to a certain standard of life and she shall continue to. Why not? She probably married for genuine reasons and that is reflected in the years spent together and children born.

Men NEED marriage way more than women do. Married men are healthier, live longer and are generally more happy. A woman (and a lot do) can decide to have children and actually enjoy them without someone telling her when and how to see them and have a guy on the side. They find that double the amount of women regret who they married than men.

Look at this idiots thinking they are doing a woman a favor by marrying them? Getting into it for all the wrong reason because they already think they are superior because the have a pen1s.
Nigeria is such a backward society, if it wasn't why are you here? go back to your father land.
They make women believe they have to marry marry marry and that's what makes it easy to make the wrong choice. Societies are very very different. In Nigeria its all about ticking boxes,young tick, tall, tick rich, tick, educated tick. Of course you should have standards but marriage is way more than that. Yes you can argue in the west they have higher divorce rates but in Nigeria most women live in ABSOLUTE misery but society has made them believe they need to be Mrs so desperately that they have to stay no matter what.

Who need marriage most? what are the benefits of marriage for a woman apart from religion and society acceptance in some countries?
She has to cook 3 meals a day unless she is a bad wife. She has to go through the trauma of childbirth and make sure (because she is God) she produces male children, if female its her fault. She has to have s3x as much as possible because if he cheats its her fault. She has to be ready to give up her career and be home carer or she is not submissive, who does she expect to bring up her children? On top of that she has to be ready to lose all if her husband is no more satisfied or has found a replacement. Then she can go empty handed back to her parent house where she starts from square one only that this time no one wants her because she is a burden and has baggage. This is what Nigerian men wish for their daughters and sisters.

A man comes home to 3 meals, a tidy home, available sex and children. Has nothing to lose. So look at your fool1sh question again and answer for yourself.

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE COUNTRY GO BACK TO YOUR VILLAGE, CAPISC? Everything that has been earnt during the matrimony will and shall be divided equally  cool simples.

Just shut up, person!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 01, 2012

Says who tori Olorun?

It is precisely because of this forced indoctrination, and dare-I-Say, dogma, that many people who would otherwise be perfectly happy single are coerced into marriage- because society makes them seem 'incomplete' without marriage. There are countless examples of never married but fulfilled/accomplished people of both sexes all over the world. But of course, this does not deny the FACT that the average woman NEEDS marriage more than the average man, in line with societal norms.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with marriage as an institution in itself; the big problem is with human nature. . .and the unrealistic expectations people carry into marriage. Humans are fundamentally selfish, inconsiderate, perverse and downright unpredictable. These evils manifest themselves in marriage when reality sets in and either or both parties no longer feel attraction for the other. It is therefore important that a man should take necessary precautions to ensure that his hard earned wealth is not stripped off him by a selfish/greedy wife that decides she has had enough of the marriage and wants out. If a woman decides that she is tired of living with me and wants to go Bleep someone else, then it is only fair that she should leave with NOTHING except for child support of course if we have kids together. I owe nothing to a woman that decides she wants to divorce me, but I owe everything to the kids we had together. That's just it. But of course if I am the initiator of the divorce for whatever reason, against her wish, then it is fair for me to concede something meaningful (not necessarily in terms of percentages) to her as compensation. In my view, this divorce settlement thing should depend largely on who files for divorce. A stupid b*tch can't unilaterally decide to divorce me and expect to take my money along with her. If she likes my money, then she better stay as my wife to enjoy it, unless I'm the 'divorcer'. The last thing I would do is let her divorce me of her own free-will, take my money (even a cent of it), and go Bleep whoever she likes. She'd die first, regardless of the consequences.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by queensmith: 12:53am On Mar 02, 2012
Marriage in the way most Nigerians want it isn't worth anything to women.

The women are simply fooling themselves with their marriages.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by dayokanu(m): 1:02am On Mar 02, 2012
^^ Any venture can only be worth it based on what you contribute into it.

If you and your husband start a joint business You deserve every single Kobo from the business or split it 50-50

I know a couple both lawyers who have a law firm, In case of divorce the wife deserves every single kobo

But your husband was doing his own business you were working as an accountant somewhere, Now tell me what you contributed to his wealth

Or worst still a wife who was a housewife and wants 21m

How many of her working mates made 21m in their career or what has she invested to make 21m
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 1:08am On Mar 02, 2012
dayokanu:

If you and your husband start a joint business You deserve every single Kobo from the business or split it 50-50

I know a couple both lawyers who have a law firm, In case of divorce the wife deserves every single kobo

But your husband was doing his own business you were working as an accountant somewhere, Now tell me what you contributed to his wealth

Or worst still a wife who was a housewife and wants 21m

How many of her working mates made 21m in their career or what has she invested to make 21m

Don't ask the person such simple questions. She would never get it.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by queensmith: 1:24am On Mar 02, 2012
dayokanu:

Going by this alone their marriages are definitely not worth anything. It's not as if everyman brings a mass of wealth to the table, yet the same (more or less) is expected from every woman.
How about childbirth? What has the man contributed to balance that? What has he brought to the table to prove himself worthy of a womans pain?
Unless we want to start comparing apples and oranges the argument pretty much sums itself.

Women place themselves in these situations to conform no doubt, it's a shame these situations are not seen for what they are; a mere opportunity to further objectify them, coherse them into submission and use them to satisfy unwarranted pleasures.

*insert nationality here* men don't deserve half of what their women do for them, they certainly don't appreciate it.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by dayokanu(m): 1:32am On Mar 02, 2012
^^ The childbirth argument

I think the woman wanted the child as much as the man if not more self.

Why then should you be compensated for doing what you so much desired?

How many women would consent to a childless marriage. If the man wants children and the woman doesnt, I dont think she can be forced to have it.

In cases where the woman was forced to have kids then I support her to be compensated cos that is synonymous to being a surrogate. But not while doing what you have always desired.

Personally I think women crave children more than men. If you see on NL alone the number of women who insult their mates for being barren. I hardly see men who go about the inability to give birth thingy as fiercely as women do.

Go to churches see those going to Pastors daily for children and compare the ratio of sexes

Back to my question: Why should you be compensated for what you prayed and fasted for?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by queensmith: 1:44am On Mar 02, 2012
I'm talking about contribution not compensation, leaving the divorce case to one side what reason can a woman give to have a child for a particular man. I know many will claim financial reasons but let's be real, most women don't get paid to give birth so that argument is weak to say the least.
I hear some say a woman will do so to 'tie a man down'. Tie a man down for what? What is she to gain from her pain, talkless of the life long responsibility a child indicates.
Some will come and tell me love- I don't know what this love thing is when I see it I'll believe it but till then I'll appreciate a solid tangible reason.

Sagafag you can sit this one out, adults only.

and if children were as important as you mention- most women won't bother getting married? Especially the Nigerian ones that are desperate to give birth.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 1:51am On Mar 02, 2012
dayokanu:

How many women would consent to a childless marriage.

How many men would consent to a childless marriage?
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 3:19am On Mar 02, 2012
The man should pay his due, to her and the children. He's looking for an excuse for a polygamous family with riches to command more power!

Cry baby!!!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by desertboom(m): 8:47am On Mar 02, 2012
@ileobatojo. . . If both the man and woman will not consent to childless marriage then it makes it balance on 50/50. Meaning, both party need it to stay connected. Why must the man finance a woman lust to stay in luxury? Child support is understandable, but paying a woman every year or month after divorce is what I will never support.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by chiozor: 10:27am On Mar 02, 2012
Kutey please how old are you
married men live longer are you joking or what have you even counted the number of widows in the society, let me use Nigeria for example. are you away that 70% of what kills a man is from women either direct or indirect.
you talk of Sex, why then do women complain about not getting enough from their husband and all that and even some flirt around. Do you know what gender crave for sex more in marriages the argument here is why wil the women have what she is demanding and what did she contribute to Petrodel company to warrant such demands angry
Kutey:

OMG shocked are you guys for fu<king real!! you have been on the forum posting bul1shit all day Don't you have jobs and lives to live? Lol

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE COUNTRY GO BACK TO YOUR VILLAGE, CAPISC? Everything that has been earnt during the matrimony will and shall be divided equally cool simples.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply)

Wife Beater Looks Happy In Court Today (Photo) / He Doesn’t Satisfy Me Sexually – Wife Tells Police / ₦150000: Nigerians Underprice Our Sperm - Donors Cry Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 202
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.