Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout (43794 Views)

Man Batters Wife Over Sex For More Children / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / Lagos Traditional Ruler Assaults Wife Over Phone Call (Battered Wife Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by aribisala0(m): 3:03am On Feb 27, 2012
If a rich man divorces his wife she should not as a consequence become destitute. It does not mean she MUST become wealthy.
I wonder how much Guy Ritchie got from Madonna

I believe settlement should have two components

1, maintenace (including children)which may be settled in a lump sum or ongoing payment and a one off settlement depending on duration of marriage and a range of  other factors e,g sacrificing personal development,career etc However the living in the lifestyle she is accustomed to argument is tenuous  and unconvincing. There is a limit to what is reasonable li ving expenses/

2. A share of the Assets IF she can make a reasonable case for contributing to them. If this cannot be shown this component should not be given. However if shown I see no reason why she cannot get half of the assets e.g she also worked in the business etc

Family trusts are not New  e,g  Royal Family

Princess Diana's settlement was not outrageous and she had no chance of getting Buckingham Palace
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by denzel2009: 3:25am On Feb 27, 2012
The blessed is not so blessed after-all. She now turns divorce cases to church miracles - carry the divorce to where dem dey give more money to the wife even when none of the parties are resident. smh

If it is that straightforward Harrison Ford would have taken his divorce case to Oshodi magistrate court.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 27, 2012
If £1=#250 then
£2.5m=#625 000 000,
£35 000=#8 750 000.
I now see why the women are concerned for this woman, how is she going to live a decent life with such a paltry sum? This man is just wicked, he should be shot!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 10:48am On Feb 27, 2012
denzel2009:

The blessed is not so blessed after-all. She now turns divorce cases to church miracles - carry the divorce to where dem dey give more money to the wife even when none of the parties are resident. smh

If it is that straightforward Harrison Ford would have taken his divorce case to Oshodi magistrate court.

The blessed is in no way blessed.

She is the cursed with mental illness.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Yorisb: 11:24am On Feb 27, 2012
Theblessed:

[b][size=16pt]But who is this ignoble!!!  What do you know about Family Laws of the 21st Century in the Uk?

You think, Western legal system is like that of Nigeria where laws are never changed or seen to be enforced appropriately.

Look, marriage can be annulled in any Family Courts in the West (remember, I did not say religious courts, here?), it doesn't have to and shouldn't be in the country of your birth or where you got married in the first place. 

Look before you start interrupting people on here, make sure you do your home work properly, ok??

So, because someone got married in Jamaica and live in the Uk with his/her family - and if they want to go their separate ways therefore, they must head home to Jamaica to do it, abi? 

Or should we say in this day in age, because, one studied a Science or Engineering Degree he/she must wait for jobs in those fields before he could work and feed his family, when he could find work elsewhere, eh!

I know some idiots are still thinking that way in Nigerian today and based on your thinking, you're not far from such group.   

Yes, its true the Oil man and his wife live in the Uk and if she or he is on holiday in America or Canada or still in the UK and feels that, American or Canadian justice could do him/her good then, he/she is free to ask to settle the matter there - what matters, is it not that both get justice and that's what courts are there to do?? 

It doesn't matter where you file for divorce - what matters is getting justice and African courts or Nigerian courts would never give a woman justice, abi? Maybe, only South African courts in Africa as a whole could even think of it - giving a little justice to a women, shame!

Right, here's a little home work for you.  You see, when Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall his longer term, long suffering girlfriend and mother of his 4 children went to somewhere in Indonasia and got married in a Hindu tradition/ceremony in the early 1990's - we all thought Mike had finally sowed his wild oaks not realising there was a baby coming into the world from South America by another young model - LG.

This event obviously, ruffled their marriage and Jerry head off to the British courts and asked for divorce only to be shocked when her husband contested the validity of the Indonasian Hindu marriage - as not legal and settled her only £10 million after many years together whilst the mother of his love-child got £6 millions when she sought paternity and won. 

And, I'm asking you Mr clever Lawyer, with great juri-prudence at your disposal - in which Country/City did Jagger contest that divorce? Was it not in Britain, was it not in a British Family courts and was it not in the City of London for that matter? clever!!!       

Listen, if you don't know your ABC on issues raised here in Nairaland please, ask first, people would direct and open you blind eyes, ok! There's nothing wrong in asking for ideas/direction from those who know, than pretending to live a lie - that's  ignorance.

Next time, dare not interrupt my commentary here until you'd researched your work, ok!

Now, go and google the above names and find out things - try and learn more about people and behaviours before coming out here to challenge ideas you're so timid about, lazy man!
[/size][/b]

Will you stop befuddling the public with your incoherent rambling-c[i]u[/i]m-conjectures? Dweeb! Besides, I can't remember ever telling you (or anyone else) aught about my Gender.

For emphasis:

I've long realized that it's a waste of time to argue issues relating to sense and logic with most women. It's like casting pearls before swines. . . an utter waste of time.

BTW, Madam, I genuinely hope you'd learn a simple ''netiquette'' in your subsequent posts. Obtuse Learner!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by queensmith: 11:39am On Feb 27, 2012
It doesn't take much to make the men on nl cry,

Nobody is forced to be married ,so I don't know what the whingin and whining is about.

Desertboom, seriously the last time i checked marriage was not a business. Your not going to profit money. So if thats what your looking for its not for you.

It doesn't even make sense to compare- the law uses that system to prevent lesser earners from ending up homeless and in bad positions just because the marriage went bad. Obviously the richer you are the more you will pay. Doesn't really matter who and who didnt make the money your responsibilities aren't relieved until your ex partner is able to fully stabilize him/herself.

But the advice to all those living in these countries and against it ,don't get married you dont have the right mindsets for it anyways so divorce for you will be inevitable. You will cry blood tire.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 27, 2012
I bet if this man was worth say $500m and he offered to settle with $21m these nairaland women would say the money isn'ttt really as much as itt looks. And I don't get it with this 'the lifestyle she is used to' line of reasoning; if my ex and I are no longer together why should I fund her lifestyle?she should learn to live within her means. The law is the law though and I hope he finds enough loopholes to save his shekels. If I were Mr.Prest though if this Nigerian law angle works out for me she better be expecting £1000 per month or remain married to me. Greedy arse babe.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by denzel2009: 1:55pm On Feb 27, 2012
Sagamite:

The blessed is in no way blessed.

She is the cursed with mental illness.
It's quite obvious.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Claus(m): 2:56pm On Feb 27, 2012
It's worth noting that most lawyers of unmarried high net worth individuals are actually advising them NOT to marry. Thus we can see that the greatest aversion to divorce laws comes from the law community itself!

However, I don't think the political machinery in the West has the stomach to redress this balance just yet. The direction of political correctness right now is towards more rights and benefits for women and no politician is brave enough to champion anything that would bring fewer rights/benefit to women. fathers4justice have been fighting for years now, but no one's really listening. With time one would hope that common sense prevails and the laws are re-balanced.

For me, the greatest eye opener was when I went to watch Saturday league footbal for under 15 boys. These young boys train like twice a week and then play league football every Saturday as well as being full time pupils in secondary school. My talent scout eye spotted at least one future premiership player (who would therefore earn £millions). The truth is that when that time for premiership football comes, he can be married to a girl for 1, 2, 5 or 10 years and if they divorce, she is entitled to a considerable chunk of that money even if the machinery that produced that money had already been set in place long before the girl came into the picture.

I'm not arguing against a reasonable upkeep for a spouse and children in the case of a divorce. However, law or no law, the integrity of someone who wants to be a millionaire off the back of someone else's sweat will always be called into question.

Like a couple of people have said, you can't put a value on the intangible roles a spouse plays. Why then do we try to do it in the event of a divorce?
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 27, 2012
Its disgusting that anyone would try to justify this nonsense - shows the moral fibre a lot of the women here are composed of. You provided a shoulder for him to cry on? You prayed for him?? You supposedly gave him advice Are you women listening to yourselves? Put yourself in the position of a mother, would you fold your arms if this was your son? The idiocy is really beyond me.

Did she starve while they were married? Did she run around naked? Did she sleep out in the cold? Is she not receiving GBP2.1m + GBP35k annually - enough cash to subsist on without ever lifting a finger?

Smart man that Prest dude! He's won my admiration! He would certainly be in my prayers - in the mean-while, I'm researching Yoruba customary law.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by chiozor: 3:58pm On Feb 27, 2012
i swear these women are gold diggers undecided
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Yorisb: 4:30pm On Feb 27, 2012
Bagehot:

Smart man that Prest dude! He's won my admiration! He would certainly be in my prayers - in the mean-while, I'm researching Yoruba customary law.

PMSL! grin
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by oradee: 5:01pm On Feb 27, 2012
Claus:

It's worth noting that most lawyers of unmarried high net worth individuals are actually advising them NOT to marry. Thus we can see that the greatest aversion to divorce laws comes from the law community itself!

However, I don't think the political machinery in the West has the stomach to redress this balance just yet. The direction of political correctness right now is towards more rights and benefits for women and no politician is brave enough to champion anything that would bring fewer rights/benefit to women. fathers4justice have been fighting for years now, but no one's really listening. With time one would hope that common sense prevails and the laws are re-balanced.

For me, the greatest eye opener was when I went to watch Saturday league footbal for under 15 boys. These young boys train like twice a week and then play league football every Saturday as well as being full time pupils in secondary school. My talent scout eye spotted at least one future premiership player (who would therefore earn £millions). The truth is that when that time for premiership football comes, he can be married to a girl for 1, 2, 5 or 10 years and if they divorce, she is entitled to a considerable chunk of that money even if the machinery that produced that money had already been set in place long before the girl came into the picture.

I'm not arguing against a reasonable upkeep for a spouse and children in the case of a divorce. However, law or no law, the integrity of someone who wants to be a millionaire off the back of someone else's sweat will always be called into question.

Like a couple of people have said, you can't put a value on the intangible roles a spouse plays. Why then do we try to do it in the event of a divorce?

would all the single and married ladies pls answer this
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 27, 2012
I'm beginning to think that marriage is a hoax, I mean if my wife's got her sights on half my worth what motivation is there to stick it out till the end and work on any possible prblems we might have?
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 27, 2012
fresh_dude:

I'm beginning to think that marriage is a hoax, I mean if my wife's got her sights on half my worth what motivation is there to stick it out till the end and work on any possible prblems we might have?

Smh! Actually, if your wife has her sights on half your worth, that is probably good motivation for sticking it out till the end! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by oradee: 5:33pm On Feb 27, 2012
but then again,to the dude about to get hitched faster than most peeps, wld you honestly have ur wife sign a pre-nup now cos i believe u do pray to be wealthy someday.

Alot of our Naija men praise white/foreign women in dating and marriage. they claim they dont nag, not materialistic, and dont give the regular wahala native nigerian girls give.

so now that she has spent 15yrs with him and wants out with his cash, he now calls her gold digger while running from pillar to pole looknig for a way to save his money. (didnt he see those traits in her before marriage or was he carried away with the mentality that if its white,its gotta be right).

u men need to draw the line on ur double standards life in relation to local and foreign girls.
i might not know who wants out and what the reasons are behind it but then again our nigerian men should stop playing smart ass all the time, cos the end of ur sense is the beginning of another mans sense,
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 27, 2012
ileobatojo:

Smh! Actually, if your wife has her sights on half your worth, that is probably good motivation for sticking it out till the end! grin grin
That would be assuming she is moral, and at the very least, clever. Seriously why would she wait till say 70/80 to get half(or everything) when she can get half now and wild out and find herself new passions to splurge on(not to mention a brand new everything)?
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by queensmith: 6:30pm On Feb 27, 2012
Bagehot:

dont bother yourself, yoruba law is more than on your side- in fact if you are minutely tired of your wife you dont even need to divorce her. the law permits you to beat her with a belt, starve the children and then roll her out of the front door with a rug.
it also permits you to demand she cooks dinner for your new wife before she leaves. it encourages you to insult her well well so she gets the picture.

if you die your brothers can reap all the benefits and your children can starve. Yoruba law is correct!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Claus(m): 6:32pm On Feb 27, 2012
oradee:

but then again,to the dude about to get hitched faster than most peeps, wld you honestly have ur wife sign a pre-nup now cos i believe u do pray to be wealthy someday.

Alot of our Naija men praise white/foreign women in dating and marriage. they claim they dont nag, not materialistic, and dont give the regular wahala native nigerian girls give.

so now that she has spent 15yrs with him and wants out with his cash, he now calls her gold digger while running from pillar to pole looknig for a way to save his money. (didnt he see those traits in her before marriage or was he carried away with the mentality that if its white,its gotta be right).

u men need to draw the line on ur double standards life in relation to local and foreign girls.
i might not know who wants out and what the reasons are behind it but then again our nigerian men should stop playing smart Bottom all the time, cos the end of ur sense is the beginning of another mans sense,

This has nothing to do with local and foreign girls. It has to do with the jurisdiction that's handling the divorce. Non-white women (including Africans) can and HAVE exercised their rights to such settlements before in the UK. Most are just not publicised because they don't involve £millions!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by desertboom(m): 7:06pm On Feb 27, 2012
That is why there is high rate of divorce in the west. Women always want to reap men off
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by dayokanu(m): 8:02pm On Feb 27, 2012
How come I am just seeing this thread

Now we can all see the direction the women are going Bloody leeches

Mark Zukerberg assuming he meets a girl tomorrow and they get married after 2 yrs have a child after 4yrs divorce

Now the girl would claim it was her support that made him a millionaire (Note he was already a millionaire before they met)

Why should i be forced to pay to support the lifestyle of another adult except I choose to?

Why cant she use her own support to create a similar empire for herself.

The best solution get her degree qualification, Calculate what her colleagues have made in their career which she lost by being a house wife

Assuming 100k a year multiply it by the number of years and pay her that.

If she cant maintain the children at the level they deserve then she should move them to the spouse who can.

Why should you be paid for having children, Was she forced to have those kids?
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 27, 2012
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by chiozor: 8:50pm On Feb 27, 2012
I tell ya tht is d must sily law.rubbish.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 27, 2012
chaircover:

We don hear all of una

Meanwhile I need the help of you guys here pls cool grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-878818.0.html
Haba Aunty CC this one na ojoro na, I actually thought you had a related topic.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by rhymz(m): 11:41pm On Feb 27, 2012
Theblessed:

[b][size=16pt]But who is this ignoble!!!  What do you know about Family Laws of the 21st Century in the Uk?

You think, Western legal system is like that of Nigeria where laws are never changed or seen to be enforced appropriately.

Look, marriage can be annulled in any Family Courts in the West (remember, I did not say religious courts, here?), it doesn't have to and shouldn't be in the country of your birth or where you got married in the first place. 

Look before you start interrupting people on here, make sure you do your home work properly, ok??

So, because someone got married in Jamaica and live in the Uk with his/her family - and if they want to go their separate ways therefore, they must head home to Jamaica to do it, abi? 

Or should we say in this day in age, because, one studied a Science or Engineering Degree he/she must wait for jobs in those fields before he could work and feed his family, when he could find work elsewhere, eh!

I know some idiots are still thinking that way in Nigerian today and based on your thinking, you're not far from such group.   

Yes, its true the Oil man and his wife live in the Uk and if she or he is on holiday in America or Canada or still in the UK and feels that, American or Canadian justice could do him/her good then, he/she is free to ask to settle the matter there - what matters, is it not that both get justice and that's what courts are there to do?? 

It doesn't matter where you file for divorce - what matters is getting justice and African courts or Nigerian courts would never give a woman justice, abi? Maybe, only South African courts in Africa as a whole could even think of it - giving a little justice to a women, shame!

Right, here's a little home work for you.  You see, when Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall his longer term, long suffering girlfriend and mother of his 4 children went to somewhere in Indonasia and got married in a Hindu tradition/ceremony in the early 1990's - we all thought Mike had finally sowed his wild oaks not realising there was a baby coming into the world from South America by another young model - LG.

This event obviously, ruffled their marriage and Jerry head off to the British courts and asked for divorce only to be shocked when her husband contested the validity of the Indonasian Hindu marriage - as not legal and settled her only £10 million after many years together whilst the mother of his love-child got £6 millions when she sought paternity and won. 

And, I'm asking you Mr clever Lawyer, with great juri-prudence at your disposal - in which Country/City did Jagger contest that divorce? Was it not in Britain, was it not in a British Family courts and was it not in the City of London for that matter? clever!!!       

Listen, if you don't know your ABC on issues raised here in Nairaland please, ask first, people would direct and open you blind eyes, ok! There's nothing wrong in asking for ideas/direction from those who know, than pretending to live a lie - that's  ignorance.

Next time, dare not interrupt my commentary here until you'd researched your work, ok!

Now, go and google the above names and find out things - try and learn more about people and behaviours before coming out here to challenge ideas you're so timid about, lazy man!
[/size][/b]
whoever this person is, you need to shut the hell up. Writing an incoherent lengthy gibberish does not earn you any tangible point, FOOL!!
In your haste to sound smarter than you realy are you forget that the issue of permanent residency of the parties involved will render such a move useless. The marital courts in the US do not have any jurisdiction to hear any divorce case of couples who do not leave permanently or work in the US. Neither does a mere vacation to the country automatically confers them with jurisdiction on such cases.
Commenting with such an unbriddled arrogance like you are smarter or more exposed than every other person or Nigerians who do not see any legal sense in your lame arguments only exposes the malady of your ignorance. Your example is enough evidence of your utter un-intelligence and self-imposed mental confusion. Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall were British citizens, that gives the british marital courts the jurisdiction to hear the case, in the case of Mr and Mrs Priest none of them is a citizen or permanent residents in the US and you keep trying to arrogantly shout down everyone that sees no sense in your legal abracadabra while you bask in your delusions of grandeur, shallow logic and useless legal pontifications that only make sense to you.
Abeg go sit your ignorant a$$ down and let intelligent commentators school you.
Let me borrow the C word from Saga; You are a Bono fide CRETIN with oversized Egos that do not fit.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 12:08am On Feb 28, 2012
oradee:

i might not know who wants out and what the reasons are behind it but then again our nigerian men should stop playing smart Bottom all the time, cos the end of ur sense is the beginning of another mans sense,

You dey crase!

So you think local girls will not ask for half, na only white/foreign woman that will do?

dayokanu:

How come I am just seeing this thread

Now we can all see the direction the women are going Bloody leeches

Mark Zukerberg assuming he meets a girl tomorrow and they get married after 2 yrs have a child after 4yrs divorce

Now the girl would claim it was her support that made him a millionaire (Note he was already a millionaire before they met)

Why should i be forced to pay to support the lifestyle of another adult except I choose to?

Why cant she use her own support to create a similar empire for herself.

The best solution get her degree qualification, Calculate what her colleagues have made in their career which she lost by being a house wife

Assuming 100k a year multiply it by the number of years and pay her that.

If she cant maintain the children at the level they deserve then she should move them to the spouse who can.

Why should you be paid for having children, Was she forced to have those kids?

GBAM!

Where is that cretin called Moremi?
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by rhymz(m): 11:22am On Feb 28, 2012
Sagamite:

You dey crase!

So you think local girls will not ask for half, na only white/foreign woman that will do?

GBAM!

Where is that cretin called Moremi?
Saga thank you very much for putting that hypocrit in his place. What has place of origin got to do with it, I wonder O. My Uncle that I am presently staying in his house here in Owerri is a victim of this same greedy feminist mentality. In his own case his wife is from thesame Imo state, Mbano to be precise, funny enough, it was my aunt that saw this greedy and heartless woman and introduced her average a$$ to my Uncle who just came in on a vacation from the states. A Fair and fiercely attractive woman with very many concealable character flaws. Of course the poor man did not see pass the pretty face and the fact she was a nurse, perhaps he reasoned with a career like that he had hit a jackpot. All he needed to do was marry her and take her with him to the US and live his Utopian dreams. In his haste to marry the BITCH, he did not allow for the proper family background investigation that usually preceeded the payment of bride price and stuff like that, the homeboy just drag my pupsy and co invade the gurl village, show them some American Abracadabra and wonder, did everything and then plunged into plans to bring her to the states. Before we could say Nwanyi, Biatch was already heavy with twins while still in Naija. No-do, no-do she was already in the states. Like play like play the woman don shit twins, 5-10yrs into the marriage she already was a mother of four childrien, with an excellent nursing career thanks to my uncle's financial encouragement and further sponsorship of numerous courses in her nursing field and the accompanying degrees earned. Then came the different stories of the woman's infidelity with a co-worker. That even caused them to separate, my uncle was forced to bring down the issue to Naija, a meeting ensued thereafter between our families and the woman's. When facts became so damning and hot for her to take, she made a threat that left everyone dazed at the meeting; she told her husband's family that she has nothing to lose if my uncle is seeking for a divorce and that she was ready for whatever decisions my Uncle was going to take provided my Uncle is ready to path ways with half of his possession. Already, the separation and dirty stories had taken a toll on the kids, they were living with her and she succeeded in turning them against their father. My Uncle knowing that he stands to lose almost everything if it eventually gets to a divorce stage rather chose to remain separated from the woman as she obviously wanted that and even more, he avoided every antics she emplyed to get a divorce, homeboy just had to endure, the whole thing turned the man into a junky of some sort until his health and finances started declining. The childrien had become something else, one of them got preggy and told their dad through the phone while he was in Nigeria. The woman after galavanting and stuff came down with her own ailment, breast cancer. Na that time she come humble small, come remember say the kids should be with their father and not her boyfriends they were hitherto living with. Long and short the woman eventually died and the husband did not attend her burial. Already sef, my Uncle himself has not recovered from the whole effect of the nonsense she did. He is now retired and has little to show for his over 35yrs in the U.S. The man don dey Naija now for almost a yr and is not saying anything serious about going back to the states. The childrien obviously do not miss him either. This was a man that had a very bright beginings o. . And that dude is here yapping about local and foreign wife like it is any different. The legal system allows for exploitation and that is why even the dumbest females with a kitten licence can capitalize on it and make claims that her forebearers and her generations unborn can never achieve.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by oradee: 11:56am On Feb 28, 2012
all the men barking injustice and unfavorable/bias judicial system, are u gonna enforce a pre-nup or post-nup before and after marriage?

if NO, then sharraap, !!!!! >: grin
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by queensmith: 2:53pm On Feb 28, 2012
^^ fortunately for most of these posters you have to have money to do that. They have nothing to worry about.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 3:09pm On Feb 28, 2012
rhymz:

Saga thank you very much for putting that hypocrit in his place. What has place of origin got to do with it, I wonder O. My Uncle that I am presently staying in his house here in Owerri is a victim of this same greedy feminist mentality. In his own case his wife is from thesame Imo state, Mbano to be precise, funny enough, it was my aunt that saw this greedy and heartless woman and introduced her average a$$ to my Uncle who just came in on a vacation from the states. A Fair and fiercely attractive woman with very many concealable character flaws. Of course the poor man did not see pass the pretty face and the fact she was a nurse, perhaps he reasoned with a career like that he had hit a jackpot. All he needed to do was marry her and take her with him to the US and live his Utopian dreams. In his haste to marry the NaughtyWoman, he did not allow for the proper family background investigation that usually preceeded the payment of bride price and stuff like that, the homeboy just drag my pupsy and co invade the gurl village, show them some American Abracadabra and wonder, did everything and then plunged into plans to bring her to the states. Before we could say Nwanyi, Biatch was already heavy with twins while still in Naija. No-do, no-do she was already in the states. Like play like play the woman don poo twins, 5-10yrs into the marriage she already was a mother of four childrien, with an excellent nursing career thanks to my uncle's financial encouragement and further sponsorship of numerous courses in her nursing field and the accompanying degrees earned. Then came the different stories of the woman's infidelity with a co-worker. That even caused them to separate, my uncle was forced to bring down the issue to Naija, a meeting ensued thereafter between our families and the woman's. When facts became so damning and hot for her to take, she made a threat that left everyone dazed at the meeting; she told her husband's family that she has nothing to lose if my uncle is seeking for a divorce and that she was ready for whatever decisions my Uncle was going to take provided my Uncle is ready to path ways with half of his possession. Already, the separation and dirty stories had taken a toll on the kids, they were living with her and she succeeded in turning them against their father. My Uncle knowing that he stands to lose almost everything if it eventually gets to a divorce stage rather chose to remain separated from the woman as she obviously wanted that and even more, he avoided every antics she emplyed to get a divorce, homeboy just had to endure, the whole thing turned the man into a junky of some sort until his health and finances started declining. The childrien had become something else, one of them got preggy and told their dad through the phone while he was in Nigeria. The woman after galavanting and stuff came down with her own ailment, bosom cancer. Na that time she come humble small, come remember say the kids should be with their father and not her boyfriends they were hitherto living with. Long and short the woman eventually died and the husband did not attend her burial. Already sef, my Uncle himself has not recovered from the whole effect of the nonsense she did. He is now retired and has little to show for his over 35yrs in the U.S. The man don dey Naija now for almost a yr and is not saying anything serious about going back to the states. The childrien obviously do not miss him either. This was a man that had a very bright beginings o. . And that dude is here yapping about local and foreign wife like it is any different.

Wow!

More stories that tell you that marriage in the West should only be done with a prenup if you are rich or have the ability to be rich. Otherwise you put your life in the hands of another, in the name of "faith" and "blind love", who then have the powers to fck it up all.

God forbid!

rhymz:

The legal system allows for exploitation and that is why even the dumbest females with a kitten licence can capitalize on it and make claims that her forebearers and her generations unborn can never achieve.

Gbam!

Thank you, my brother.

My story is less serious than yours. I know a girl that was my female cousin's friends. I used to see her come and party with my cousin when they were still young. Some like 7 years later she came to my cousins birthday and my cousin was helping me recall who she was as she greeted me. Then my cousin was telling me later that she married another Nigerian in Ireland and left the UK. She had 2 kids for this guy before the marriage broke down after 5 years. This guy had been in Ireland for years and worked hard, before you can say Nwanyi, she was awarded 2 of his houses he invested his sweat in for being a housewife raising the kids and the court was generous enough to let him keep 1 remaining house. He had to be paying mortgage for 2 houses (the one he lived in and the one she lived in with the kids) and rent the last one out (sorry, when I say "he" rented out, she took the rent money, otherwise he would be paying 3 mortgages while she owned 2 of the houses). She is a sit-at-home mum, while he is bursting his longs working for her to be more wealthy than him.

That was how that man's life and plans were destroyed because he decided to marry under some crazy, lunatic laws in faith without protection.

oradee:

all the men barking injustice and unfavorable/bias judicial system, are u gonna enforce a pre-nup or post-nup before and after marriage?

if NO, then sharraap, !!!!!  >:  grin

I will do all I have to do to keep my money.

I don't need to convince any woman to sign a pre-nup. I will TELL her to sign it. Any resistance and I will end the relationship. It is not even a matter of discussion. Just walk away and delete her number.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 3:10pm On Feb 28, 2012
queensmith:

^^ fortunately for most of these posters you have to have money to do that. They have nothing to worry about.

No one has to worry about you taking 50% because no one will marry an obese skank. grin
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by chiozor: 3:32pm On Feb 28, 2012
i honestly donot see justifcation for this sily laws undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Wife Beater Looks Happy In Court Today (Photo) / He Doesn’t Satisfy Me Sexually – Wife Tells Police / ₦150000: Nigerians Underprice Our Sperm - Donors Cry Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.