Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1005) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4441003 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) (1007) (1008) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by isangjohnson: 2:55pm On Dec 19, 2019
Oga you de fear?
There's nothing to worry about sir. Your account will be credited with your complete principal.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 3:02pm On Dec 19, 2019
saipn:
With the current TB rate can I get back my fund that will mature by may next year without affecting my capital? I did it at 11.5% 5 months ago

Yes. You have no worries once you let it mature.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ctleurocollege: 3:31pm On Dec 19, 2019
Willie2015:

Oga,leave FBN with their matter....
Access Bank TBills is available with less wahala from the comfort of your house ....
FGN Saving Bonds is available at the first week of every month....
FGN Bond is available with funds up to N1m...
Mutual fund are available with rate as good as 10%

Oga please explain more about FGN bond & FG Savings bond help your boy

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bikerboy1(m): 3:48pm On Dec 19, 2019
Willie2015:

Oga,leave FBN with their matter....
Access Bank TBills is available with less wahala from the comfort of your house ....
FGN Saving Bonds is available at the first week of every month....
FGN Bond is available with funds up to N1m...
Mutual fund are available with rate as good as 10%

Can one do FGN bond with N1mil for one year?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 3:56pm On Dec 19, 2019
bikerboy1:

Can one do FGN bond with N1mil for one year?
yes
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bikerboy1(m): 4:19pm On Dec 19, 2019
Ibrahim505:

yes

Any idea what the interest rate might be for 1 year? And where I can purchase it from?

I just need a head start as I might settle for FGN bond.

TB is bleeding cry cry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 4:50pm On Dec 19, 2019
bikerboy1:

Any idea what the interest rate might be for 1 year? And where I can purchase it from?

I just need a head start as I might settle for FGN bond.

TB is bleeding cry cry

Even the Bond is dropping daily with higher premium and lower offer yield. No where to run to�

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by saipn: 5:26pm On Dec 19, 2019
isangjohnson:
Oga you de fear?
There's nothing to worry about sir. Your account will be credited with your complete principal.
Thanks boss
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 5:26pm On Dec 19, 2019
contumely2:

STOP BEING ENTITLED.
What do both of you mean by saying others should desist from calling humongous figures.

Anthony Joshua was paid 30bn for last fight. Consider what will be his personally. How much do Messi, Neymar , Mayweather etc earn?

Zuckerberg earns 10.2m every minute. Yes, 10.2 million every single freaking minute.

Yet people mention a few funds here, and you are inditing this, shouting.

These are existential realities. People live this fantasies.

NOTE NOW that there will always be richer people, more intelligent, handsome, sexier etc people.

It's like a ladder, some are at the top, some below.

You become frustrated when you look only at those at the top.

Look below the ladder and see those whose combined income are less than 30k monthly.
Some are happier genuinely.

Preach. Excellent
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by saipn: 5:27pm On Dec 19, 2019
yomi007k:

Yes. You have no worries once you let it mature.
what if I don't wait till it mature?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 9:41pm On Dec 19, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
if they get the 30 bn dollars they want to borrow they might not .....if they save 10 bn dollars yearly import bill for petrol naira might gain or remain stable ...right now is 50/50.....so spread your risk
Can you explain further? Methinks borrowing $30b will further weaken the naira unless the plan to use the money to continue defending the naira, also foreign reserves is not looking so good. Although I don’t think Buhari will agree for naira to be devalued, unless when it gets to critical levels
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 9:47pm On Dec 19, 2019
contumely2:

STOP BEING ENTITLED.
What do both of you mean by saying others should desist from calling humongous figures?

Anthony Joshua was paid 30bn for last fight. Consider what will be his personally. How much do Messi, Neymar , Mayweather etc earn?

Zuckerberg earns 10.2m every minute. Yes, 10.2 million every single freaking minute.

These are existential realities. People live these fantasies.

NOTE NOW that there will always be richer people, more intelligent, handsome, sexier etc people.

Look below the ladder and see those whose combined income are less than 30k monthly.

I don’t really get your point, who says all the people you mentioned cannot go broke if they live “humongously”?
Nobody is talking about earnings but rather the posts where in relation to someone mentioning “humongous” figures you have to spend daily or monthly to live well in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adiwana: 9:55pm On Dec 19, 2019
contumely2:

STOP BEING ENTITLED.
What do both of you mean by saying others should desist from calling humongous figures?

These are existential realities. People live these fantasies.

Thank you bro for this. One cannot even be ambitious in this world without getting tagged greedy.The 40k we are talking about is less than 15m/annum which can't even get a land in some decent locations in the country. That's gots to show how far things really are so anybody that feels he should dream of making double of that amount should be encouraged so far its not crime related

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by contumely2: 10:00pm On Dec 19, 2019
chigo4u:

I don’t really get your point, who says all the people you mentioned cannot go broke if they live “humongously”?
Nobody is talking about earnings but rather the posts where in relation to someone mentioning “humongous” figures you have to spend daily or monthly to live well in Nigeria!
Sorry, I am not liable for your deficiency in apprehension.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chikebrain: 10:02pm On Dec 19, 2019
jobark:
Visited access bank today ( I had locked in fixed deposits earliers at 8%, 6.5% & 5.5% at different intervals ranging from 30 to 60 day tenors with the aim of waiting to see what first quarter 2020 holds)

The above rates were gotten within the past one month or so.

To my surprise, access bank fixed deposit was quoted at 0.02 today (i want to believe my account officer was joking)

Tbills at 5%

Advice from the Bank : why don’t you consider HIDA with the following returns credited to your account monthly as long as you don’t make more than 3 transactions on the account in a month.

Was at access bank too about two weeks and I got 7% (I'm no even sure sef). I requested interest payment upfront which my account officer assured would be paid but till now, no payment. From the look of things for TB, Hida seems to be the way. I already have a hida account and should be moving all funds soonest

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 10:09pm On Dec 19, 2019
jobark:
Visited access bank today ( I had locked in fixed deposits earliers at 8%, 6.5% & 5.5% at different intervals ranging from 30 to 60 day tenors with the aim of waiting to see what first quarter 2020 holds)

To my surprise, access bank fixed deposit was quoted at 0.02 today (i want to believe my account officer was joking)

Tbills at 5%

Advice from the Bank : why don’t you consider HIDA with the following returns credited to your account monthly as long as you don’t make more than 3 transactions on the account in a month.

0.02% Holy Moses shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 19, 2019
chigo4u:

Can you explain further? Methinks borrowing $30b will further weaken the naira unless the plan to use the money to continue defending the naira, also foreign reserves is not looking so good. Although I don’t think Buhari will agree for naira to be devalued, unless when it gets to critical levels

They're going to pocket some and spend the rest on foreign developers who will repatriate the funds back to their homelands.

This is what happens when a government does not understand the importance of capacity building .

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 11:01pm On Dec 19, 2019
contumely2:

Sorry, I am not liable for your deficiency in apprehension.
Your a clown and the person that lacks comprehension. Maybe if you took your time to read from the beginning you won’t have jumped with the nonsense you wrote.

Anthony Joshua, Messi, Ronaldo etc are considered as the 1% in their respective countries, I bet you don’t know about that. how many people make money like them and live like them in their respective countries? We are talking about how much is needed for someone to live a decent live in Nigeria and you are mentioning Zuckerberg and co.. Clown!

How many Zuckerbergs do we have in Nigeria

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 11:22pm On Dec 19, 2019
isangjohnson:
We keep complaining often and often forgetting that about 90% of problems faced in this country is caused by us.
How on Earth will someone with hard earned money subscribe for tb of 5% for 364 days. I'm just imagining it.
Someone should tell me what will make CBN to reverse this rate when millions of people are ready to subscribe as low as 2% for 365 days.
I will either dump my money in dorm. account or buy plots at different locations and wait for it to appreciate while relaxing my brain than going into useless investment that will always get me upset.
This is funny. Do you truly rest when you invest any money in the Nigerian sector?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by micluv111: 11:30pm On Dec 19, 2019
chigo4u:

Your a clown and the person that lacks comprehension. Maybe if you took your time to read from the beginning you won’t have jumped with the nonsense you wrote.

Anthony Joshua, Messi, Ronaldo etc are considered as the 1% in their respective countries, I bet you don’t know about that. how many people make money like them and live like them in their respective countries? We are talking about how much is needed for someone to live a decent live in Nigeria and you are mentioning Zuckerberg and co.. Clown!

Confirm...
You have said it all

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 11:52pm On Dec 19, 2019
micluv111:

Confirm...
You have said it all

Learn to decipher facts much much better. Comparing Zuckerberg and Ronaldo to a 1.2m per month spender doesn't fit nah. E no qwantise atall
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by micluv111: 12:12am On Dec 20, 2019
healthserve:

Learn to decipher facts much much better. Comparing Zuckerberg and Ronaldo to a 1.2m per month spender doesn't fit nah. E no qwantise atall

I will suggest you read chigo4u post again, who's comparing?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by isangjohnson: 12:14am On Dec 20, 2019
I'm not aware Fgn bond subscription has been reduced to 1m.
The last time I checked, the minimum was 50m and secondary was 20m.
I wouldn't doubt you if you placed Fgn savings bond at 5k as minimum.
Please let us always guide people here with correct informations. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 12:14am On Dec 20, 2019
micluv111:

I will suggest you read chigo4u post again, who's comparing?

On the contrary. I've been on the table for days. Furthermore, comparing 1.2m per month earning and top 1% in Nigeria is ridiculous. Way way ridiculous. Again, e no qwantise.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by isangjohnson: 12:32am On Dec 20, 2019
Boss, I intentionally used the word "relax" which means to make or become less tense or anxious.
I would've been crucified if I was using the first law of motion grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Willie2015: 5:30am On Dec 20, 2019
isangjohnson:
I'm not aware Fgn bond subscription has been reduced to 1m.
The last time I checked, the minimum was 50m and secondary was 20m.
I wouldn't doubt you if you placed Fgn savings bond at 5k as minimum.
Please let us always guide people here with correct informations. Thanks

We have dealers in FGN Bonds....
Stockbrokers and invst houses...
They aggregate requests from different clients....
Buy the bonds...
And credit clients CSCS account....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bikerboy1(m): 6:35am On Dec 20, 2019
Willie2015:

We have dealers in FGN Bonds....
Stockbrokers and invst houses...
They aggregate requests from different clients....
Buy the bonds...
And credit clients CSCS account....

Please where can one get the FGN bond from?

Banks or stockbrokers?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fineguy11(m): 7:48am On Dec 20, 2019
needful:

Even the Bond is dropping daily with higher premium and lower offer yield. No where to run to�
Come to us LAPOmfb. smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fineguy11(m): 7:54am On Dec 20, 2019
jobark:

Tbills at 5%

my advice to you,.invest in LAPOmfb and get high returns. we can offer up to 12% for FD per annum on 5m.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 8:09am On Dec 20, 2019
chigo4u:

I wanted to ask him if ANTHONY Joshua is in this platform.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 8:14am On Dec 20, 2019
healthserve:

On the contrary. I've been on the table for days. Furthermore, comparing 1.2m per month earning and top 1% in Nigeria is ridiculous. Way way ridiculous. Again, e no qwantise.
I need stats. So are you saying that there are 2,000,000 people in this country spending 1.2M per month?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 8:20am On Dec 20, 2019
Inflation is now @ 11.58%

Treasury bill is now 5.5%

Mutual fund is 9.43%

$ to ₦ is now ₦362

Over ₦6Tn is being liquidated from the NSE

Fixed deposits is now 0.5%, 30days.

debt service to gulp 29% of total revenue in 2020

Economy is going down. I see tears. What do you see?

I see a group of leaders who care so much about this country they want to renovate their offices for 37billion naira to enable them come up with good ideas to save us. oh how blessed are we. blessed to have such great leaders. Also, a gradual display of bearish sentiment in Naira denominated investments. This may be connected to the rumor on Naira devaluation early next year which would erode the Future economic value on investments despite their expected nominal increment.

More money, less usefulness

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) (1007) (1008) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.