Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1008) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4444103 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1005) (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tumbulum: 4:05pm On Dec 21, 2019
Yes they have lowered tb and fg bond rate and it's there to force people to invest their money in real sector. When will our commercial banks lower their rates in order to encourage start up who lack finance to start up their ideas?

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 4:18pm On Dec 21, 2019
healthserve:

Allow me highlight 12 Cars on Uber and no complains. I believe this settles whatever dispute that has been going on here, though I'm tempted to say I know a certain someone in Lekki with 30 on his game. Make I no talk the nay sayers will come and say I want to lure them to give me money
Kunle I believe I speak for 95% of people here when I say you should get off this thread. And do not come back with a different monika

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:18pm On Dec 21, 2019
delawal:
make una carry unw money go find a Biz and do. DTS why d rates were lowered. find a Biz, no matter how small d profit is and grow it

Banks interest rates for loans, if you want to invest in the real sector is still between 20% and 30% depending on your track record in the business, collateral security and the duration of the loan.

The winners in all these quagmire are the banks, they have mastered the art and science of making money from the Nigerian Economy.

In the next 3 months their financial report will be out for us to see.

To get about 15% and above margin in the next 3 months, consider looking at the shares of the big Banks in Nigeria. Zenith, GTB, Access, UBA and FBN.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MrMcJay(m): 4:29pm On Dec 21, 2019
Adiwana:

You forgot no 7 which is the most important of them all. NEVER give the keys to your Keke/bus to a family member/relative even he meets all the above requirements

You don't do business with family members. You only donate to them or organise charity programmes for them. If you carry your business and put in their hands, you have become a philanthropist.

My personal rule is this: I don't involve myself in business transactions with anyone I can't get police to lock up.

19 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 21, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Banks interest rates for loans, if you want to invest in the real sector is still between 20% and 30% depending on your track record in the business, collateral security and the duration of the loan.

The winners in all these quagmire are the banks, they have mastered the art and science of making money from the Nigerian Economy.

In the next 3 months their financial report will be out for us to see.

To get about 15% and above margin in the next 3 months, consider looking at the shares of the big Banks in Nigeria. Zenith, GTB, Access, UBA and FBN.

This stock market thing is very somehow, you gain 15 percent this year next year you lose 12 percent.

Meaning you're not really gaining unless you sell at a profit..

I really don't consider this type of stuff an investment unless you are buying stocks for the long term where you continue putting money in during bull and bearish times after selecting a variety of stocks some of which pay dividends.

Anyhow with the way Nigeria is going,

Tb below inflation is no longer an investment and
Mmf to follow in the decline, and to top it all stocks,mmf ,tb will all be affected when the next devaluation happens.

The only reasonable investment I see now r fgn bonds , eurobond, real estate and businesses.

I don talk my own oh.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PuZZyNegro: 4:56pm On Dec 21, 2019
Akin3891:

Quite understandable, I'm about to invest in transportation, uber/mass transit, so i took some time off to practice what I'm about to delve into, it's been 3 weeks now driving on bolt my self, leave office by 2pm, do my adventures driving till 9pm, most times, 8/9k realized after fuel fee, so I'm trying to know the logics/ tactics behind this bizz, cos every bizz has its own, if you don't know the tricks well enough, you will be played. So far, still observing tho, but if a driver can't pay you 30k weekly, take back ur cash cow from him, i know of someone that has 12 cars in uber n not complaining, there must be ways he goes about it that prevents him being shoked. Let's get active, let's do business ( at least start with 10% of ur capitals in tbs, till tbs will be back to normal), let's smile to the bank.

Okay, let me quickly explain something here.

Just like you, I decided to do Uber/Bolt/OCar to understand the business model

Within a given week, I lost 10k each to police and airport touts respectively.

I had to stop. The way the business operates, if you are not careful, you may think that you are making money until one thing will come and take away everything that you have worked for.

Go to the Uber thread and read of a guy who recently lost 32,800 to the airport touts. His was high because he was caught in the airport premises.

There was a day I took a rider to Ajao Estate. Trip ended 1k. My exhaust spoilt that I spent about 7k to fix it due to the bad road that I entered.

I'm about fixing my car body with 30k, all thanks to danfo buses that scratched it. Sometimes, a Keke driver would break your side mirror of 18k and run away.

A guy had his back windscreen broken by razz police officers because he refused to allow them way to enter the road.

Now, there are much more that drivers experience on the job.

So, it's not all about the dashboard money, there are more to transportation businesses that the people involve in it can hardly make any tangible investment other than to feed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 5:00pm On Dec 21, 2019
Nnamz:

Kunle I believe I speak for 95% of people here when I say you should get off this thread. And do not come back with a different monika

Dude do I care about your opinion or anyone else's? Or you think I'm a delinquent that exists for validations and ego-massaging? Smh

Look above and tell me you don't see others discussing freely on a myriad of issues ( including transportation business) without throwing wrenches all over the place. Nonsensical hypocrisy.

Keep your hate energy off my mentions. I'll choose my decisions and actions as I please. And get your fvcking 95% to get the memo too.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:03pm On Dec 21, 2019
Nigsrdumb:

This stock market thing is very somehow, you gain 15 percent this year next year you lose 12 percent.

Meaning you're not really gaining unless you sell at a profit..

I really don't consider this type of stuff an investment unless you are buying stocks for the long term where you continue putting money in during bull and bearish times after selecting a variety of stocks some of which pay dividends.

Anyhow with the way Nigeria is going,

Tb below inflation is no longer an investment and
Mmf to follow in the decline, and to top it all stocks,mmf ,tb will all be affected when the next devaluation happens.

The only reasonable investment I see now r fgn bonds , eurobond, real estate and businesses.

I don talk my own oh.

We shall compare notes by March 2020.

Zenith at N18 will pay N2.80, UBA at N7.00 will pay 85k.

The easiest way to go about it is by using dividend yields.

Invest in a company or industry you understand.

A popular lawyer got a dividend of N90 million in 2018 from a company that is into oil Palm and rubber plantation.

Even in real estate we have a lot of unoccupied Properties in the high end sector of the property market.

Investors will easily go wrong if you invest basically for capital appreciation and not for cash flow from the investment.

The minimum acceptable cash flow from a real estate investment of N40 million is N2 million. In a situation whereby a N40 million property can't get you that, but the marketer is only telling you that the property will appreciate to N60 million in 5 years is a red flag.

Capital appreciation cannot be certain, but the cash flow from the investment is more predictable.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:04pm On Dec 21, 2019
PuZZyNegro:

Okay, let me quickly explain something here.

Just like you, I decided to do Uber/Bolt/OCar to understand the business model

Within a given week, I lost 10k each to police and airport touts respectively.

I had to stop. The way the business operates, if you are not careful, you may think that you are making money until one thing will come and take away everything that you have worked for.

Go to the Uber thread and read of a guy who recently lost 32,800 to the airport touts. His was high because he was caught in the airport premises.

There was a day I took a rider to Ajao Estate. Trip ended 1k. My exhaust spoilt that I spent about 7k to fix it due to the bad road that I entered.

I'm about fixing my car body with 30k, all thanks to danfo buses that scratched it. Sometimes, a Keke driver would break your side mirror of 18k and run away.

A guy had his back windscreen broken by razz police officers because he refused to allow them way to enter the road.

Now, there are much more that drivers experience on the job.

So, it's not all about the dashboard money, there are more to transportation businesses that the people involve in it can hardly make any tangible investment other than to feed
why not choose cleaner and safer areas like working on the island alone

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PuZZyNegro: 5:15pm On Dec 21, 2019
ahiboilandgas:

The point I raised about the exhaust is just one out of many challenges facing drivers. Sadly, I live in the mainland so I can't just blow empty to the island when a trip could take you back to the mainland again.

I am not making excuses for the drivers that default, just saying there is more to the business than the dashboard earnings

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 5:16pm On Dec 21, 2019
PuZZyNegro:

The point I raised about the exhaust is just one out of many challenges facing drivers. Sadly, I live in the mainland so I can't just blow empty to the island when a trip could take you back to the mainland again.

I am not making excuses for the drivers that default, just saying there is more to the business than the dashboard earnings

Bro if you wanna do it right, head to the island. Trust me it's better to not do it atall if the mainland is your domain. The roads and the culture on the mainland will stress/fatigue your soul out.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PuZZyNegro: 5:19pm On Dec 21, 2019
healthserve:

Bro if you wanna do it right, head to the island. Trust me it's better to not do it atall if the mainland is your domain. The roads and the culture on the mainland will stress/fatigue your soul out.

I no do again bro. If I have money, I can buy a car with cheaper landing costs than my current car and give out. The business model is not working for me

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 5:21pm On Dec 21, 2019
PuZZyNegro:

I no do again bro. If I have money, I can buy a car with cheaper landing costs than my current car and give out. The business model is not working for me

Your call.

Tip: Before you throw in the towel, go do it just for one week on the island. Cutting out thru Gbagada to the island daily shouldn't be a biggie. For the sakes of the experience, give it a trial. Even if its just a day or two. Atleast before you call it quits.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 21, 2019
My life savings amount to 12 million naira, though I have a day job, where can I possibly invest this little money to make relatively ok return apart from TBills? Or should I use it to travel out? I earn almost 300k a month. I am just out of ideas, I want more from life. Gurus please help me.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PuZZyNegro: 5:26pm On Dec 21, 2019
healthserve:

Your call.

Tip: Before you throw in the towel, go do it just for one week on the island. Cutting out thru Gbagada to the island daily shouldn't be a biggie. For the sakes of the experience, give it a trial. Even if its just a day or two. Atleast before you call it quits.

Thanks bro.

I have a business that suffers while I do Uber. They are mutually exclusive. Thought this December will be stew on ehailing but the challenges...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 5:27pm On Dec 21, 2019
phoinix:
My life savings amount to 12 million naira, though I have a day job, where can I possibly invest this little money to make relatively ok return apart from TBills? Or should I use it to travel out? I earn almost 300k a month. I am just out of ideas, I want more from life. Gurus please help me.

Have you thought of cold room where ice blocks pure water and bottled drinks can be sold to street hawkers. It's gold o

1. You control your cash flow

2. You get daily income

3. You engage in a daily need business

It can be merged with

1. Ice block sales

2. Wholesale drinks

3. Frozen food sales. I. E fish and poultry

4. Food commodity

5. Phone charging station

Any business where you maintain control, flow, and retainance of your funds across its entire stream of operation is a good business to venture into. Above all, overcome lunching out anxieties

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2019
phoinix:

Don't try it, unless you are a soft ware developer, doctor or very qualified academically.

Just continue investing your money until you have another passive income of about 300k.

Once you hit 600 k monthly, you'll have the advantage of any low skilled immigrant in monetary terms without the extra cost of living abroad.

600k is about 1500 euros, that's about what low skilled people earn.

Also forget about those people who talk about better quality of life.

I'd rather eat ewedu and amala than porked chops lol, also all the good road and development is not ours , it belongs to the locals

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:35pm On Dec 21, 2019
ahiboilandgas:

He can't work on Island alone, a rider can book him from Lekki to the Airport, from Airport to Festac, Festac to Ikorodu, Ikorodu to Gbagada etc

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2019
phoinix:

Becareful, a lot of predators will soon send private messages to you. You should also continue doing what produced the N12 million.

I will advise you to invest half of the money on FG bonds and remaining half on money market funds, till you have an idea of what you can invest in. At least this will give you about N1million per annum, that is about 83k per month

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:43pm On Dec 21, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

He can't work on Island alone, a rider can book him from Lekki to the Airport, from Airport to Festac, Festac to Ikorodu, Ikorodu to Gbagada etc
lekki to airport is clean ....but mad area like apapa uber no dey go there...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jobark: 6:09pm On Dec 21, 2019
In line with the topic, if anyone is interested, Afrinvest has reasonable rates with short to long tenures.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 6:14pm On Dec 21, 2019
This thread is just too rich in information. Even Seun dey read am everyday cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 6:16pm On Dec 21, 2019
Just2endowed2:
This thread is just too rich in information. Even Seun dey read am everyday cheesy

For real? E Don ey I see that guy Seun online....Dude must be seriously busy.. Looking to the day we'll bump into each other. I have trouble to trouble him.. cheesy

As for rich in information part.... Hmm...Information is the true wealth... Kinda agree

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 6:58pm On Dec 21, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

I think he still has the option to decline those trips if he so desires
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 7:40pm On Dec 21, 2019
Grupo:

This happened last year. I enjoyed up to 14.8% interest rate.

All my respective bills will mature on January 30. By then, I would decide on what to do.

That said, I would rather leave my money in my savings account and receive small interest than invest in Uber or Okada.
We look like twins. I hope our mother no give one of us out. Exactly my investment timeline and moves. I can’t come and have high Bp - I love my 110/70 Bp. Life is seeet. grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adiwana: 8:03pm On Dec 21, 2019
MrMcJay:

You don't do business with family members. You only donate to them or organise charity programmes for them. If you carry your business and put in their hands, you have become a philanthropist.

My personal rule is this: I don't involve myself in business transactions with anyone I can't get police to lock up.

lol.True. You need someone you can deal with without looking back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 8:13pm On Dec 21, 2019
igbizen:

We look like twins. I hope our mother no give one of us out. Exactly my investment timeline and moves. I can’t come and have high Bp - I love my 110/70 Bp. Life is seeet. grin grin grin

Hahaha. As a young person, I deprived myself and is still depriving myself a lot of pleasures to accumulate my small capital. And I'm not ready to joke with it.

I prefer my peace of mind. Lol.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 8:32pm On Dec 21, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Becareful, a lot of predators will soon send private messages to you. You should also continue doing what produced the N12 million.

I will advise you to invest half of the money on FG bonds and remaining half on money market funds, till you have an idea of what you can invest in. At least this will give you about N1million per annum, that is about 83k per month
Good advice. I love this guy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 9:19pm On Dec 21, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Thanks for this, what money market funds do you recommend, and for someone that’s not interested in FG bonds do you advice investing bulk money in mmf?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:34pm On Dec 21, 2019
chigo4u:

Thanks for this, what money market funds do you recommend, and for someone that’s not interested in FG bonds do you advice investing bulk money in mmf?

Buy FG savings bonds from the primary market, you are sure of at least 9%. FSDH Asset Management money market fund is still paying 11% because of the type of financial instruments they have in their portfolio. The financial instruments will mature between April and June 2020, so I expect their rates to crash.

Returns from FBN Asset Management Eurobond Fund is about 9%, you may also consider it for diversification, income and a hedge against currency devaluation risk

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:02pm On Dec 21, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
how are u resting with 5 percent returns against 11 percent inflation .....u are very awake
this 11% inflation rate, is it annum or monthly? cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 10:05pm On Dec 21, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
this 11% inflation rate, is it annum or monthly? cheesy

Worthy of the mention.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1005) (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: NL1960, ixyi(m), OnoriodeV14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.