Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,156 members, 7,849,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:04 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1016) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4487076 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1013) (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) ... (2239) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Trustrade: 12:50pm On Dec 30, 2019
Thanks
smiley
cutedharmee:

Shine your eye
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 12:57pm On Dec 30, 2019
Inflation this, inflation that. Inflation scare mongering is now being overhyped. It is like asking someone why he is still under paid employment under the same salary when the inflation rate is at x%.
A 10% inflation rate does not directly mean that your 1M has a new specific value of 900k, it is a lot more complex than that.
bjtinz:
TB in this day and age?? shocked shocked

Inflation at double digit and yet you lock you money for a measly 5-6 % ?? That means in real terms you're actually poorer than when you invested because your gain when adjusted for inflation will be in the negative.

Seriously guys, I know it's painful, but I think it's time to move on. . . cry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 30, 2019
ojesymsym:
Inflation this, inflation that. Inflation scare mongering is now being overhyped. It is like asking someone why he is still underpaid employment under the same salary when the inflation rate is at x%.
A 10% inflation rate does not directly mean that your 1M has a new specific value of 900k, it is a lot more complex than that.

What is the incentive of investing in naira at 5 % when you can earn 7 % in a foreign currency to mitigate any gra gra from CBN?

The economic indicators don't make sense, it's not clear what emefiele is trying to achieve.

I'm negotiating the price of a property in Ibadan for ten million, rent is 1 mill per annum, that's an roi of ten percent and I don't need to worry about inflation.

I don't think the guy is fear mongering just being realistic

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 3:49pm On Dec 30, 2019
As to your question about incentive, for a lot of people, it is the low risk.
Now you are negotiating a building for 10M and rent will be 1M? I can bet you that it is the smooth talking agent or marketer that is telling not to worry that as soon as you buy someone would rent it for 1M. At the risk of sounding like an alarmist, apart from aerodromes estate, what part of Ibadan has a rent of 1M?
Also sir, assuming you really get a tenant asap, the present inflation rate is around 13%, you are already at -3% deficit, does that mean you will increase rent to 1.5M to beat inflation and risk having the house vacant the whole year. Inflation has its important role but they should stop using it to scare low risk investors.
But seriously, I suggest you do an independent assessment of the rent around the area you want to buy the house you are negotiating before you make your buying decision.
Nigsrdumb:

What is the incentive of investing in naira at 5 % when you can earn 7 % in a foreign currency to mitigate any gra gra from CBN?

The economic indicators don't make sense, it's not clear what emefiele is trying to achieve.

I'm negotiating the price of a property in Ibadan for ten million, rent is 1 mill per annum, that's an roi of ten percent and I don't need to worry about inflation.

I don't think the guy is fear mongering just being realistic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 30, 2019
ojesymsym:
As to your question about incentive, for a lot of people, it is the low risk.
Now you are negotiating a building for 10M and rent will be 1M? I can bet you that it is the smooth talking agent or marketer that is telling not to worry that as soon as you buy someone would rent it for 1M. At the risk of sounding like an alarmist, apart from aerodromes estate, what part of Ibadan has a rent of 1M?
Also sir, assuming you really get a tenant asap, the present inflation rate is around 13%, you are already at -3% deficit, does that mean you will increase rent to 1.5M to beat inflation and risk having the house vacant the whole year. Inflation has its important role but they should stop using it to scare low risk investors.
But seriously, I suggest you do an independent assessment of the rent around the area you want to buy the house you are negotiating before you make your buying decision.

There are tenants in the house already. They themselves confirmed the rent. One of the current tenants wants to buy the house but doesn't have enough funds.

Has stated previously only invest in things you understand.

As for inflation rates , I peg my naira against a foreign currency to know when the value of my funds are going down, because I don't believe in the voodoo economics goodluck is playing.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tracyorez(f): 4:06pm On Dec 30, 2019
Good day my big big oga's.
I had just 2.3m in my account when I stumbled on this thread about 2 years ago and as at this moment i have physical 5.1m in treasury bills minus about half a million i gave to charity this year alone.
Now I have 250k in my savings account doing nothing and I want to diversify.
Please I need your advice as usual.Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 4:15pm On Dec 30, 2019
Good deal if true. If my memory is right, you are the guy in Europe which suggest you are doing your investigation by proxy. Nigerians are capable of any stunts. À 10M house will be a 3 bedroom flat I reckon. If these things are true then the investment looks good.

I also consider wedging against forex as a good investment strategy.
Nigsrdumb:

There are tenants in the house already. They themselves confirmed the rent. One of the current tenants wants to buy the house but doesn't have enough funds.

Has stated previously only invest in things you understand.

As for inflation rates , I peg my naira against a foreign currency to know when the value of my funds are going down, because I don't believe in the voodoo economics goodluck is playing.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 30, 2019
ojesymsym:
Good deal if true. If my memory is right, you are the guy in Europe which suggest you are doing your investigation by proxy. Nigerians are capable of any stunts. À 10M house will be a 3 bedroom flat I reckon. If these things are true then the investment looks good.

I also consider wedging against forex as a good investment strategy.

Yes sir, you are correct, but I have people on ground .

There's actually two properties one for 10 the other for 15 .

Some people are really desperate for funds and willing to sell.

One of the properties is close to the family home so they can't try nonsense
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 4:50pm On Dec 30, 2019
tracyorez:
I had just 2.3m in my account when I stumbled on this thread about 2 years ago and as at this moment i have physical 5.1m in treasury bills minus about half a million i gave to charity this year alone.

If you still want to be involved in low risk investment. Your cash is better kept in mmf for now or if you can take risk the stock exchange could be an option. Whichever, Check my signature to go with investment one. click on the link and open a mmf or stockbroking account or both.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:01pm On Dec 30, 2019
Nigsrdumb:

The illiquidity of real estate investments gives highly liquid investors the opportunity to buy good Investments at unbelievable prices.
Provided the cash can be produced almost immediately.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bbbwings: 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2019
m
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tracyorez(f): 5:12pm On Dec 30, 2019
emmasoft:

If you still want to be involved in low risk investment. Your cash is better kept in mmf for now or if you can take risk the stock exchange could be an option. Whichever, Check my signature to go with investment one. click on the link and open a mmf or stockbroking account or both.
Thanks but it's only the 250k I want to diversify with as the rest is still in tbills.
I was looking at buying shares with it and leave it for the next 10 to 15 years to come by God's grace.
I want to know the best company to buy it's shares and time of sales as I know you guys know best.thanks again.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bbbwings: 5:13pm On Dec 30, 2019
Adiwana:

Investment is a real tricky stuff and you may find out that at the end of the day,it wasn't even worth it.Chances of making it on the long run maybe high but it can easily sway in the other directon

The problem with property is the supply and demand. Am currently selling a property of 8 3bedroom flats with each @20k/m except 1 which is 2bedroom going for 15k/m and has a shop attached of real worth N45 million for N25 million for a client.That's how many percentage decrease?? Had to bring down the price from N29 million cause there's no demand for it.If its bought at its current price,hes making a loss of N20 million.Thats 10yrs of rent @2m/annum - maintenance gone just like that.Thats real devaluation right here. You might find out considering the amount of maintenance put into the house and inflation,he didn't even make that much profit considering the timefeame of the investment

I have first bank shares which was bought in 2007.Bought at N66,000. But as at 3-4yrs ago,I was receiving N2k dividend.Price of first bank shares atm is N6 as of last week I checked.That's real loss considering the amount invested and time
the bolded

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 5:13pm On Dec 30, 2019
Nigsrdumb:

This is why i love to grow my money first before venturing into properties, no matter the time as long as one has his monies handy, one can always get it even at cheaper rate cos there will always be people in serious need of money and can sell property worth 20m for 10-15m. At the bolded then one hit the deal

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 30, 2019
aremso:

This is why i love to grow my money first before venturing into properties, no matter the time as long as one has his monies handy, one can always get it even at cheaper rate cos there will always be people in serious need of money and can sell property worth 20m for 10-15m. At the bolded then one hit the deal

This is true but you can also end up propertyless like me lol.

I chase the money for expensive properties , by the time I hit the target, price would have gone up.

That's why I've decided to start small, what I'm really trying to pin down is lands in good built up locations that are cheap and can be renovated.

At least I can fix the house in my own time.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:35pm On Dec 30, 2019
Nigsrdumb:

This is true but you can also end up propertyless like me lol.

I chase the money for expensive properties , by the time I hit the target, price would have gone up.

That's why I've decided to start small, what I'm really trying to pin down is lands in good built up locations that are cheap and can be renovated.

At least I can fix the house in my own time.

You will get, don't be in a hurry network with estate managers, property lawyers, court officials and loan officers.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:46pm On Dec 30, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

You will get, don't be in a hurry network with estate managers, property lawyers, court officials and loan officers.

AMCON is selling houses of bank debtors in Ikoyi and other highbrow areas at 60% or less of their inflated prices.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by rebekah2011(m): 6:02pm On Dec 30, 2019
Oga Emma, I will not mind link, if you have one Sir
emmanuelewumi:

AMCON is selling houses of bank debtors in Ikoyi and other highbrow areas at 60% or less of their inflated prices.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:06pm On Dec 30, 2019
rebekah2011:
Oga Emma, I will not mind link, if you have one Sir

Such are not advertised, but loan officers in banks know property that will be sold in other to liquidate debtors debt. Court officials and lawyers involved are also aware of such.

The most important thing is to be liquid.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 6:34pm On Dec 30, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Such are not advertised, but loan officers in banks know property that will be sold in other to liquidate debtors debt. Court officials and lawyers involved are also aware of such.

The most important thing is to be liquid.
Good evening sir.

1.Please what is the ROI on FBN euro bonds?.

2.I have T.bills maturing in March 15th.
Is it wise that I cancel my T.bills before maturity? I have this phobia that naira will worsen against dollar.

Please comments are welcome.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:41pm On Dec 30, 2019
yomi007k:

Good evening sir.

1.Please what is the ROI on FBN euro bonds?.

2.I have T.bills maturing in March 15th.
Is it wise that I cancel my T.bills before maturity? I have this phobia that naira will worsen against dollar.

Please comments are welcome.

FBN Eurobond is over 9%, which is not bad for a dollar Investment.

Concerning your Treasury Bill, is that your only Treasury Bill Investment.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 7:08pm On Dec 30, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

FBN Eurobond is over 9%, which is not bad for a dollar Investment.

Concerning your Treasury Bill, is that your only Treasury Bill Investment.
Yes. It's my only treasury bill investment. I have about a million in mmf as well.

But 9% is not bad for a dollar investment.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2019
yomi007k:

Yes. It's my only treasury bill investment. I have about a million in mmf as well.

But 9% is not bad for a dollar investment.

March is not too far for the maturity of your Treasury Bill.

You can redeem part of you money market fund Investment, if you want to invest in Eurobond instead of the premature termination of your Treasury Bill
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 7:31pm On Dec 30, 2019
Awesome financial advice.
The minimum amount required to invest in FBN Dollar Fund is $2500, and your MMF account can conveniently cover this.

emmanuelewumi:

You can redeem part of you money market fund Investment, if you want to invest in Eurobond instead of the premature termination of your Treasury Bill

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by globalresource: 7:32pm On Dec 30, 2019
fineguy11:
its not a ponzi scheme. we are a fully licensed and regulated mfb.We are also insured by NDIC.Our asset size is currently over 70billion with a average monthly loan disbursement of N13billion..Our current credit rating is A-

Interesting
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 7:46pm On Dec 30, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Thank you sir.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 7:47pm On Dec 30, 2019
seyisanya:
Awesome financial advice.
The minimum amount required to invest in FBN Dollar Fund is $2500, and your MMF account can conveniently cover this.

Yea. Thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 8:13pm On Dec 30, 2019
tracyorez:

Thanks but it's only the 250k I want to diversify with as the rest is still in tbills.
I was looking at buying shares with it and leave it for the next 10 to 15 years to come by God's grace.
I want to know the best company to buy it's shares and time of sales as I know you guys know best.thanks again.

I understand you are talking of the 250k for diversification. That is why I said open a stockbroking account with investment one with the link on my signature. Then you get stocks known to pay dividends regularly. Base on past performance you can look the way of any of the following: Gtbank, Zenith, Access, Flour mills, Nestle, Dangote Sugar, Okomu, Total, and the likes. Remember, you are 100% responsible for your investment decision

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adegokenath(m): 9:00pm On Dec 30, 2019
Pls somebody should put us through on euro bond and dollar bond investment[quote author=emmasoft post=85357856]

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Boyhood: 10:03pm On Dec 30, 2019
tracyorez:

Pls if you don't mind, how did you grow your initial 2.3m by about 254% in two years? I want to learn from your wealth of knowledge pls

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:24pm On Dec 30, 2019
Boyhood:

Pls if you don't mind, how did you grow your initial 2.3m by about 254% in two years? I want to learn from your wealth of knowledge pls

She is working or she has a source of income which must have been invested in Treasury Bills in the last 2 years

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1013) (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) ... (2239) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.