Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,044 members, 7,828,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1014) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4457507 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1011) (1012) (1013) (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SirBen90: 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2019
Good evening everyone. Compliments of the season. Having followed this thread for quite a while, I cannot but say that there are a number of highly intelligent and experienced investors here. My purpose here is to tap into the wealth of knowledge on this platform. I am a new graduate, and I have a little savings of about #100k. I would like to entertain intelligent opinions on how best to invest this token. Thank you.
Cc:
emmanuelewumi
ahiboilandgas
et al

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:56pm On Dec 26, 2019
SirBen90:
Good evening everyone. Compliments of the season. Having followed this thread for quite a while, I cannot but say that there are a number of highly intelligent and experienced investors here. My purpose here is to tap into the wealth of knowledge on this platform. I am a new graduate, and I have a little savings of about #100k. I would like to entertain intelligent opinions on how best to invest this token. Thank you.
Cc:
emmanuelewumi
ahiboilandgas
et al

What marketable skills do you possess? If non use part of the fund at your disposal to acquire marketable skills.
You can then use such skills to earn income which you can invest.

I think other people will share their insights

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 8:43pm On Dec 26, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

The rates are now crashing, but FSDH Asset Management will still offer you about 10.5 %
They offered me 11%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:47pm On Dec 26, 2019
chigo4u:

They offered me 11%

That should be one of the highest in the country, Stanbic IBTC Asset Management and FBN Asset Management are offering 9.5%

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 10:01pm On Dec 26, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Look for my alternate moniker on nairaland by searching for manie, look for the thread " stock performance from 2000 to date.

You are on profit for First Bank, UBA, GTB, Zenith, Flour Mills, UACN, Lafarge, Nigeria Breweries etc if you bought in 2000.

1000 units of First Bank shares in 1993 grew to 53,000 units in 2019

Except for Oando.

The most important thing an investor needs is not to over pay for an investment or asset, I use the cash flow from an asset or Investment to determine the intrinsic value.
If the investment is still selling within or below the intrinsic value, I will hold and keep on accumulating the investment or asset.

We should also know that their is a difference between the price of an asset or Investment and the growth plus cash flow from the asset or Investment.

Don't let us digress from the purpose of this thread, you can take the discussion to the stock market thread.

Thank you

i rest my case, i dont argue

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by henifri: 10:49pm On Dec 26, 2019
What companies do you use to buy Eurobond and what are their returns currently?
emmanuelewumi:

I hope we are not digressing from the purpose of this thread?

Successful investors are diversified and have investments in different businesses and asset classes.

I usually invest my dividends in Treasury Bills, money market funds and to also expand my business. I use a certain percentage from the profit of my business to buy shares, Treasury Bills, Money market funds. When I make profit selling some of my overvalued shares, I usually invest the lump sum on real estate investments.

Started diversifying into Eurobond funds about 3 months ago

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 12:26am On Dec 27, 2019
henifri:

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:15am On Dec 27, 2019
henifri:

FBN Asset Management, the return from the beginning of the till date is over 9% and it is a hedge against currency devaluation

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 6:16am On Dec 27, 2019
The payout/interest on this is dividends at 9% of the capital in USD?

Is it every quarter for interest payments?

emmanuelewumi:

FBN Asset Management, the return from the beginning of the till date is over 9% and it is a hedge against currency devaluation
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:29am On Dec 27, 2019
TotoNaRubber:

The payout/interest on this is dividends at 9% of the capital in USD?

Is it every quarter for interest payments?

Twice
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adiwana: 8:06am On Dec 27, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

What is the annual income generated by the property? Why is the owner selling? He should continue to enjoy the rental income from the property and should avoid selling at a loss.

Real Estate is a very good hedge against inflation.

Real Estate is not a liquid Investment that can be easily converted to cash, unlike Treasury Bill, money market and stocks whereby Investments worth hundreds of millions of Naira can be converted to cash in less than a week

Rent is N1.8 million/annum.This is minus the shop rent.The man is selling cause he has a problem with the authorities abroad so he urgently needs the cash to sort out his problems. Am just saying even at the cheap price the house is currently selling,the demand is very low
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:17am On Dec 27, 2019
Adiwana:

Rent is N1.8 million/annum.This is minus the shop rent.The man is selling cause he has a problem with the authorities abroad so he urgently needs the cash to sort out his problems. Am just saying even at the cheap price the house is currently selling,the demand is very low

That is why diversification is very important, you can convert your N100 million worth of Treasury Bill to cash in less than 24 hours.

Also good to have operate within the confines of the law and have an emergency reserve.

I don't believe in selling an asset or Investment in other to fund consumption, the returns from the investment should fund the consumption or emergency.

You can sell one of your houses to expand your business if the opportunities from the business are enormous.

In 2020, my prayer is that we will not have any cause to sell our assets or Investments in order to take care of emergencies

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Fuhrerfran6(m): 8:30am On Dec 27, 2019
[quote author=seyisanya post=85248546][/quote]

Hello sir,

What are the risks of investing in eurobond? I would like to know if it's a reliable firm of investment. Please educate me.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Emmaesty(f): 8:48am On Dec 27, 2019
United Capital Eurobond entry is 1000 dollars and YTD is 8.06%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ddooskie(m): 10:06am On Dec 27, 2019
Good morning all, I made my first investment in treasury bills on September 13th, I subscribed to the 104 days tenor with FBN and I assumed the maturity should be 26th December but I haven't seen anything yet so I called the guy in charge of TBills in that branch twice this morning to make enquiries but he hasn't been able to pick or return my calls. So I'd like to ask if holidays and weekends affects TBills maturity and that I should wait till a later date before I get my principal.

I'm so sorry if this question has been asked earlier, I tried searching but couldn't get answers thanks.

MODIFIED: I was able to contact the account officer and he asked me to check my account balance which I did and saw my principal smiling at me cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by osigiepurr(m): 10:28am On Dec 27, 2019
Yesterday (26 December 2019) was my maturity date for my TB investment at Stanbic IBTC. But i have not gotten any alert from Stanbic.

Please, when are they likely to send my money?.... You suggestion will be appreciated.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 27, 2019
Adiwana:

DM me the pictures and location price

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:41am On Dec 27, 2019
Nigsrdumb:

DM me the pictures and location price

Also confirm the title documents and involve trusted professionals.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikjosh04: 5:01pm On Dec 27, 2019
Good day everyone, I was going through the fbn quest website and noticed the rate of fbn fixed income fund is still in double digits. Does anyone have more information about it and is security of capital also guaranteed like tbills?

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 7:51pm On Dec 27, 2019
Emmaesty:
United Capital Eurobond entry is 1000 dollars and YTD is 8.06%

Pls can I dm you. I need more information pls
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 8:19pm On Dec 27, 2019
Please, how do you send DM/email to members from their profile page? Thanks
Just2endowed2:

Pls can I dm you. I need more information pls
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 10:28pm On Dec 27, 2019
seyisanya:
Please, how do you send DM/email to members from their profile page? Thanks
Click on the person moniker and click send message
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 11:29pm On Dec 27, 2019
Thanks boss
Just2endowed2:
Click on the person moniker and click send message

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 5:58am On Dec 28, 2019
Adiwana:

DM me with the pix, location and also ensure it has all the necessary documents.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by asskush: 8:25am On Dec 28, 2019
Sent you a DM please reply.

Adiwana:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 10:54am On Dec 28, 2019
All these "DM" we are seeing recently..
PLEASE BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT FOLKS!
This is Christmas season... They are everywhere O!

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by efetoski: 3:37pm On Dec 28, 2019
please house, what's treasury bill rate from any bank as of recent

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 5:02pm On Dec 28, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 5:49pm On Dec 28, 2019
dipoolowoo:
Investors Buy N251bn OMO Bills at 13.28%
https://businesspost.ng/economy/investors-buy-n251bn-omo-bills-at-13-28/

Local man is not happy. See sweet juice rate but that Emefiele is preventing us from tapping.

Well, after a year, we will see how liquid the omo is. I know cbn can't sustain the liquidity for long.

But seriously how can one tap into this as a foreign investor? What are the requirements before one can buy as a foreign investor?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 6:07pm On Dec 28, 2019
haha it may be better you leave them to their foreign investor thing, when they want to wipe debt, they usually go for foreign debts.

Just2endowed2:

Local man is not happy. See sweet juice rate but that Emefiele is preventing us from tapping.

Well, after a year, we will see how liquid the omo is. I know cbn can't sustain the liquidity for long.

But seriously how can one tap into this as a foreign investor? What are the requirements before one can buy as a foreign investor?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 7:14pm On Dec 28, 2019
Just2endowed2:

Abeg gurus in the house, make una provide inputs (bolded)

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tyche(m): 2:21am On Dec 29, 2019
A silent follower of the thread here.

My TB was supposed to mature 28th December, but Zenith already credited me on the 27th since 28th is Saturday, kudos to them.

Well, all good things comes to an end, it was good while the rate was good and we are grateful.

The current rates are not attractive, it's time to move onto other "secure" ventures while still pushing it at our day jobs.

To God be the glory.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1011) (1012) (1013) (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: MonsieurCoder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.