Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1082) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4439685 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) (1085) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seunnuga: 11:07pm On Feb 12, 2020
mymadam:

shocked It is NOT difficult at all. Here is the simplest method, IMHO...

1. Open a domiciliary account at StanbicIBTC.
2. Change Naira to Dollar at parallel market.
3. Fund your domiciliary account with over USD1000... (Minimum for initial deposit into your dollar fund account)
4. Go to your domiciliary account and transfer AT LEAST USD1000 to your dollar fund account.

NOTE:

(a) Use the Stanbic account number sent to you via pdf attachment when you opened the account... NOT the Standard Bank account but the Stanbic one.
(b) You MUST enter the account code sent to you on registering (for both sender AND receiver notes). If you fail to do this, sorry o!

5. To fund the account later, simply follow the same process by transferring a minimum of USD500 each time.

I use this method all the time without stress. You may check for your interest... in USD, EVERY WORKING DAY! Hope this helps smiley

I finally got through the whole process and invested the in the dollar fund but i was sent a purchase certificate which i do not understand.
How do you check your funds daily?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seunnuga: 11:08pm On Feb 12, 2020
dejiotus:

Stanbic IBTC account number to fund the Stanbic IBTC Dollar Fund is 0034131849. There is a charge of about 20 dollars if someone makes the transfer via the Standard Chartered account

I finally got through the whole process and invested the in the dollar fund but i was sent a purchase certificate which i do not understand.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 2:48am On Feb 13, 2020
There is really excess liquidity right now.

Abeg make una come dash me the money embarassed [quote author=Trone post=86595667][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 4:41am On Feb 13, 2020
dejiotus:

Stanbic IBTC account number to fund the Stanbic IBTC Dollar Fund is 0034131849. There is a charge of about 20 dollars if someone makes the transfer via the Standard Chartered account

A whole $20 (7200) as transfer fee? How much is the return? If the return is around 6% on $1000 or a paltry $60 per annum, it means that your net return is $40 (14,400)

But for currency fluctuations, long term savings against school fees or childbirth abroad, this this a poor investment option

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Diyke4rich: 4:53am On Feb 13, 2020
As bank makes exciting offers to customers at Valentine By Peter Egwuatu The Access Bank’s proposed listing of its N15 billion Green Bond on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange (LuxSE) has created some excitement in the fixed income market. This comes as the bank sets to unveil exciting offers to celebrate its customers this Valentine season. The 15.5 percent fixed rate green bond with five-year maturity is the first-ever climate bonds standard certified corporate green bond to be issued in Africa, and was first listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, NSE, in 2019. [ 306 more words ]
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/02/access-bank-n15bn-green-bond-sets-for-cross-listing/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 5:06am On Feb 13, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

I use 4 stock broking houses.

1. FSDH Securities

2. Investment One Stockbrokers

3. United Capital Securities

4. Union Capital Market.

With a minimum of N50,000 you can open an account with Investment One, United Capital and Union Capital Market. Except FSDH Securities which requires a minimum of N5 million.

Dangote cement is currently selling at N140, paid a dividend of N16 last year. If the company pays the same dividend of N16 by April 2020 this will give you a dividend yield of about 11%

We have an infrastructural deficits in the country, government is currently using cements for road constructions, bridges, houses.
Some of the management staff of Dangote cement have increased their shareholdings between last year and now. This shows that they are confident about the growth of the business.

MTN at N105 and below is also okay, you are sure of a minimum dividend of N11. They have also given license to operate a form of banking business for unbanked Nigerians
the value in your words is most appropriated in retrospect.

But that was a mistake.

Time to read and follow your words on time from now on.

Thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 6:24am On Feb 13, 2020
damilola1978:
There is really excess liquidity right now.

Abeg make una come dash me the money embarassed

2 huge maturities today will further increase the liquidity. 364 day Treasury bills and 15.54FGN BOND mature today.

Today is a green day for me.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 8:29am On Feb 13, 2020
seunnuga:

Ok. Will respond ASAP.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 8:37am On Feb 13, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:35am On Feb 13, 2020
Rates are terrible i could have made 5m today...by giving gt instruction to bid while drinking coffee and watching bussiness news but rate are terrible 6.5 percent hmm gt normally bid less may be 6 hmmm.. strategy..hmm hold on rate might climb ...but rate just went down again...move to real sector hmm am already here don't want to increase stress level .build more apartments hmm a tenant has defaulted since Dec, buy bonds to long and poor rate ,leave in saving at 4 it too low and temping to buy a benz .........buy stocks got my finger burnt in 2007 .....create new stream of income to buffer the drop in tb( without capital ) yes that what i did consultancy for logistic firm at a fee....only brain be capital here

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 11:56am On Feb 13, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Rates are terrible i could have made 5m today...by giving gt instruction to bid while drinking coffee and watching bussiness news but rate are terrible 6.5 percent hmm gt normally bid less may be 6 hmmm.. strategy..hmm hold on rate might climb ...but rate just went down again...move to real sector hmm am already here don't want to increase stress level .build more apartments hmm a tenant has defaulted since Dec, buy bonds to long and poor rate ,leave in saving at 4 it too low and temping to buy a benz .........buy stocks got my finger burnt in 2007 .....create new stream of income to buffer the drop in tb( without capital ) yes that what i did consultancy for logistic firm at a fee....only brain be capital here

grin grin.....i have 7 positions in TB, one dropped in January and its just lying fallow in the account,.. the major money will drop in October and i hope things improve before that time. in the mean time all this small small positions that will drop have to be patient with me, cos i am still THINKING of what to do with them.

I am no longer investing, all the monies coming in from other hustles are going into building my house.

come to think of it, last last that 6.5% may later work for me(bond tenure too long for the rates now), (real estate later in life), ..... grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:25pm On Feb 13, 2020
zamirikpo:

grin grin.....i have 7 positions in TB, one dropped in January and its just lying fallow in the account,.. the major money will drop in October and i hope things improve before that time. in the mean time all this small small positions that will drop have to be patient with me, cos i am still THINKING of what to do with them.

I am no longer investing, all the monies coming in from other hustles are going into building my house.

come to think of it, last last that 6.5% may later work for me(bond tenure too long for the rates now), (real estate later in life), ..... grin grin
yes oooh after a successful enterprise na tb sure pass

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 1:00pm On Feb 13, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
yes oooh after a successful enterprise na tb sure pass

I haven't live a non budgeted life for some years now since I started investing in Tbs, so living such now is not fun at all , as some part of my capitals has been touched, I've always budgeted my spendings weekly,monthly etc and it's fun because I know my limits. Big part of my tbs dropped today, I NO GET CHOICE NOW,I GO MANAGE 6%, BUT THE BIG QUESTION ARE: ARE THEY STILL PRORATING? HAS ANYBODY RECENTLY SUCCESSFULLY SUBSCRIBE TO 364 days TBS? Awaiting answers, thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pesuzok(m): 2:01pm On Feb 13, 2020
zamirikpo:

Real estate seems to be getting too saturated
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adiwana: 2:38pm On Feb 13, 2020
This tbills plunge in rate really hit below the belt no lie.Target between this year and at least next 2yrs was to have 50m to trade with. 21.5m just dropped today and no idea what to do next. Looking at locking it down for 2 yrs @5.91% to at least use in paying for university school fees and not touch the main capital.Now target is reaching and holding at 40m mark.10m extra cash gone. Funny how govt policies really affect investors

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adiwana: 2:42pm On Feb 13, 2020
Taking online courses on forex/stock trading in order to create extra source of income as dependencies on high rate of tbills is non existent no more. Lagos govt ban on keke is a more direct indication that the govt are clearly clueless on how to move the country forward

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DonFreshmoney(m): 2:43pm On Feb 13, 2020
I applied for TBills last Wednesday for over 20m.. but the money bounced back to my account.. why is it so? This is the first time my money returned to my account in my 12+ years of Tbills..

Can anyone tell me why?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by doublestar21(m): 2:45pm On Feb 13, 2020
thattnaijaman:

Stop spreading lies,

You don't Know what is lie. For me to give you these write-up, it means I have been through it. Now how do I know that "hida" originated from diamond bank?? Believe or not . I will say the truth and nothing but the truth. I have hida account but I decided to put to an end to it.

Oya, you that says that I am living . Proove me wrong by giving analysis of how it works
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 2:51pm On Feb 13, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
I applied for TBills last Wednesday for over 20m.. but the money bounced back to my account.. why is it so? This is the first time my money returned to my account in my 12+ years of Tbills..

Can anyone tell me why?

Perhaps your bank's bid was unsuccessful

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 3:44pm On Feb 13, 2020
I've diversified into buying lands, shares and also keeping a close eye over online forex trading.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 3:46pm On Feb 13, 2020
Dr. Tayo Oyedeji
@tayooye
Compound interest is a double-edged sword that LIFTS investors and KILLS borrowers.

INVESTMENT:
100k @ 10% per annum = 2millon at retirement (30 years)

LOAN:
100k @ 2% per month = 124m (same period).

Fools borrow to sustain their lifestyle; wise people invest into their lives.
3 lessons.

1. Invest.
Compound interest makes investment a necessity for anyone who hopes to retire in the future.

2. Run from debt.
High interest rates + compound interest makes most loans unsustainable in Africa.

3. Relative value.
Very often.
Investment return < loan rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 3:47pm On Feb 13, 2020
DonFreshmoney:

Can anyone tell me why?

Which bank is that?

I'm still waiting for gtbank to debit me for 182 days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 3:47pm On Feb 13, 2020
Go FG Govt Bonds.
DonFreshmoney:

Can anyone tell me why?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 4:06pm On Feb 13, 2020
Grupo:

Which bank is that?

Akin3891:

I haven't live a non budgeted life for some years now since I started investing in Tbs, so living such now is not fun at all , as some part of my capitals has been touched, I've always budgeted my spendings weekly,monthly etc and it's fun because I know my limits. Big part of my tbs dropped today, I NO GET CHOICE NOW,I GO MANAGE 6%, BUT THE BIG QUESTION ARE: ARE THEY STILL PRORATING? HAS ANYBODY RECENTLY SUCCESSFULLY SUBSCRIBE TO 364 days TBS? Awaiting answers, thanks.

Die hard TB crew like me. the thing should just climb small to 6.5 ,7.5 or 8% biko
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 4:08pm On Feb 13, 2020
zamirikpo:

Die hard TB crew like me. the thing should just climb small to 6.5 ,7.5 or 8% biko

Hahaha. Wetin man go do?

It seems I'm the only one still talking about tbills here. Like other people have moved on.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 4:16pm On Feb 13, 2020
Please, has gtb debited anyone here or you people no longer do Tbills at all?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DonFreshmoney(m): 4:54pm On Feb 13, 2020
Grupo:

Which bank is that?

Zenith bank Asokoro
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:56pm On Feb 13, 2020
zamirikpo:

It must climb to two digits or no tbills investing for me angry

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 5:14pm On Feb 13, 2020
Ibrahim505:
I've diversified into buying lands, shares and also keeping a close eye over online forex trading.

The more you get close,the vague it becomes.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kisszhira(m): 5:17pm On Feb 13, 2020
FBN Tbills didn't pull through
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 5:24pm On Feb 13, 2020
DonFreshmoney:

Zenith bank Asokoro

We are still waiting to hear frm people whose Tbs bids are successful recently.?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 5:38pm On Feb 13, 2020
kisszhira:
FBN Tbills didn't pull through

It seems gtb didn't pull through too.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) (1085) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.