Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,035 members, 7,825,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1081) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4453431 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) ... (2231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ymdo(m): 8:40pm On Feb 11, 2020
omakay:

Best of luck/strength as you trade again.

The trick was to open a cryptocurrency account in binary.com, fund the account with the least amount allowed and then transfer funds from your dollar (fiat) account to that bitcoin account, then withdraw into your own bitcoin account.
Too complicated my bro. I don't know all this things. I just want to deposit, make money and withdraw. Then repeat process cool cool cool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:09am On Feb 12, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ACAN(m): 12:47am On Feb 12, 2020
Market Update for the Month ended Month 31 and outlook for February 2020

Hello Investors and Traders,

A lot really happened last week. Especially, in the aspect of the monetary policies by the CBN.

As a result, I took my time to respond to the event because that is the only way to ensure that you make the right decision.

Usually, I would have highlighted what is in the video however, I won't do it again because I want you to go through every aspect of the Market Update for the week ended. I mentioned some vital and crucial points that will help you with the easy decision making in February.

So, click on the above video to watch now.

Less I forget, on February 8, 2020, I will behold the Invest 2020 Summit at Emerald Hotel Limited, 193, Aba Road, Rumuola, PortHarcourt. Time:10am. So, call 08028164085,08032055467

However, if you cannot attend, you can get the INVEST 2020 SUMMIT Home Study pack. Everything has been done there. Call 08028164085,08032055467 to place your order and get started immediately.

Ambrose Omordion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N60TWsEXO7Y

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 1:00am On Feb 12, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by desireoge(f): 4:22am On Feb 12, 2020
mymadam:

shocked RED FLAG: He who has ears, let him hear lipsrsealed
Lord have mercy!! Even treasury bill is not safe if you ask me
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by desireoge(f): 4:47am On Feb 12, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
https://punchng.com/argentina-postpones-unsustainable-imf-bond-repayment/
I went to fill form with stanbic on Monday. I'm considering cutting the money into 2 because of this while I invest half in just any bank that has good savings plan. I don't know the implication of transferring half of the money to my other bank so that stanbic will not be able to remove/invest the whole money I applied for. The whole money is still in my account.
Cc feelamong
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by arena07: 6:13am On Feb 12, 2020
desireoge:

Lord have mercy!! Even treasury bill is not safe if you ask me
hmmm so people should not invest in Nigeria treasury bills due to this news?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:37am On Feb 12, 2020
arena07:
hmmm so people should not invest in Nigeria treasury bills due to this news?
u should know that there is default risk .....especially poor manage and corrupt ridden nation like Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by desireoge(f): 6:43am On Feb 12, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
u should know that there is default risk .....especially poor manage and corrupt ridden nation like Nigeria
Pls do you have an answer to my question above. Is there any implication of reducing my money so stanbic won't see reason to go on with my investment
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:49am On Feb 12, 2020
desireoge:

Pls do you have an answer to my question above. Is there any implication of reducing my money so stanbic won't see reason to go on with my investment
they might not process the transactions cos of underfunding
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by arena07: 7:13am On Feb 12, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
In a nutshell your advice is people should not invest in treasury bill and those that have invested already should quickly withdraw their money even when it is not mature?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:23am On Feb 12, 2020
arena07:
In a nutshell your advice is people should not invest in treasury and those that have invested already quickly withdraw their money even when it is not mature?
where was it stated ?it for persons to understand the class of investment well that is not entirely risk free as taught that their still risk of defaults by sovereign states (Greece)now Argentina ,syria,libya and gabon have all defaulted 2 their is devalution risk 3 their is inflation and negative returns like we have now
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by desireoge(f): 7:33am On Feb 12, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
where was it stated ?it for persons to understand the class of investment well that is not entirely risk free as taught that their still risk of defaults by sovereign states (Greece)now Argentina ,syria,libya and gabon have all defaulted 2 their is devalution risk 3 their is inflation and negative returns like we have now
Sure!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fineguy11(m): 7:48am On Feb 12, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Very true. No investment is 100% risk free,especially with the steady rise in Nigeria's foreign debt.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 8:04am On Feb 12, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

u r right boss, but we shouldn't create unnecessary panic. we''ve discussed many times here about the need to diversify our portfolios to guard against total loss.

but I think the year can run its full course without any drastic thing happening in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:07am On Feb 12, 2020
zamirikpo:

u r right boss, but we shouldn't create unnecessary panic. we''ve discussed many times here about the need to diversify our portfolios to guard against total loss.

but I think the year can run its full course without any drastic thing happening in Nigeria.
yes the info is for euro bond investors...naira investor last last cbn go print ,devalue,restructure, roll over , realign the investment or increase vat to 20 to pay u
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 8:12am On Feb 12, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
...naira investor last last cbn go print ,devalue,restructure, roll over , realign the investment or increase vat to 20 to pay u

grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 10:03am On Feb 12, 2020
Who knows how much is Nigeria’s debt profile?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:14am On Feb 12, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:15am On Feb 12, 2020
Reserved heading to......
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Poanan: 11:36am On Feb 12, 2020
I don;t think there is any reason to panic. Argentina postponed the repayment of a debt from IMF. Nigeria once approached international bodies to forgive our debts during Obasanjo's regime.

International debt is completely different from national debt. We must compare apples to apples.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 2:46pm On Feb 12, 2020
I think Argentina took loan from IMF around 2015 that FG refused to take, it seems Venezuala and Argentina that took that IMF's woman's advise are at the wrong end of the stick now a days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by faoogoke(m): 3:02pm On Feb 12, 2020
How did market go today at the Treasury Bills sale for today?

Are the rates up, down or same?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 5:13pm On Feb 12, 2020
Poanan:
I don;t think there is any reason to panic. Argentina postponed the repayment of a debt from IMF. Nigeria once approached international bodies to forgive our debts during Obasanjo's regime.

International debt is completely different from national debt. We must compare apples to apples.
I tot I was the only one seeing it differently. International debt is quite different from this panic u guys are spreading here
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kisszhira(m): 5:49pm On Feb 12, 2020
Any update on today's stop rates

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Trone: 6:38pm On Feb 12, 2020
kisszhira:
Any update on today's stop rates

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CaptainKool15(m): 8:13pm On Feb 12, 2020
desireoge:

I went to fill form with stanbic on Monday. I'm considering cutting the money into 2 because of this while I invest half in just any bank that has good savings plan. I don't know the implication of transferring half of the money to my other bank so that stanbic will not be able to remove/invest the whole money I applied for. The whole money is still in my account.
Cc feelamong

Hello Desireoge... You can try Zenith bank, there are different savings plan that will be of great benefit to you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Reeefe(m): 8:34pm On Feb 12, 2020
CaptainKool15:

Hello Desireoge... You can try Zenith bank, there are different savings plan that will be of great benefit to you.

cannu make a few suggestions?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LaCremy: 9:50pm On Feb 12, 2020
Which bank has the best rate now when it comes to Treasury Bill please?

I am also open to other viable and almost risk free investment plan... thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 9:55pm On Feb 12, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 12, 2020
Stop spreading lies,

doublestar21:

I am not advising anybody for that . That hida account came from diamond bank, those people are criminal. The interest is not fixed. Sometimes they will give you 271 naira as monthly intrest and when you inquire from them they will tell you it is dependent on the return of investment.

Secondly, if you withdrawl all you have from the account, they will keep debiting your account #500 naira monthly so by four months, they have debited 200 naira from your account. So ask for terms and conditions before venturing to this rubbish. I regreted ever opening that hida account

(1) (2) (3) ... (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) ... (2231) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.