Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,729 members, 7,820,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4446961 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) (1103) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 8:52pm On Mar 07, 2020
Wanity:

grin grin
No boss am between Adamawa and Taraba state.

Am not on a suicide mission
grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 9:01pm On Mar 07, 2020
Wanity:

grin grin

You are not on a suicide mission and your name is sounding like vanity?? angry grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 9:09pm On Mar 07, 2020
Lol. I like this guy already, make una give am correct advise abeg.
Wanity:

grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Satoshi2019: 11:31am On Mar 08, 2020
Good day my ogas. Pls kindly weigh in on dis

I have 2m from my matured treasury bills. Since rates have gone south I decided to acquire a house. A Real estate company here on the Island is offering a juicy package. But I fear future service charge.

Which is better please economically ... Living in a serviced estate OR buying /building elsewhere. Note I'm a hustler not a High Income Earner

Cc Oga Emma Oga Ahiboilandgas
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kendumazy(m): 11:59am On Mar 08, 2020
Satoshi2019:

I have 2m from my matured treasury bills. Since rates have gone south I decided to acquire a house. A Real estate company here on the Island is offering a juicy package. But I fear future service charge.

Which is better please economically ... Living in a serviced estate OR buying /building elsewhere. Note I'm a hustler not a High Income Earner

Be careful. A nigga is currently deeply regretting. Substandard material used, increased and hidden additional future service charge etc. It's a bad idea for him at the end of the day.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by davosky304: 1:15pm On Mar 08, 2020
Satoshi2019:

wat kind of house, and how much is the initial service charge
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 1:34pm On Mar 08, 2020
YourNextLevel:

Thanks @Ozymes & @Unite4real
So why are people saying that there is money in fixed deposit?
Nothing is working shaa
plus without holding tax
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 1:34pm On Mar 08, 2020
YourNextLevel:

Thanks @Ozymes & @Unite4real
So why are people saying that there is money in fixed deposit?
Nothing is working shaa
plus without holding tax
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 1:37pm On Mar 08, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
it a normal cycle in 2015 rate where 7 ,2010 rate where 9 ,2018 rate where 18.5 ....so take the weighted average at a long term investor but poor rate dont last for ever...crude is already 47 ,several omo bills are snubed ,tb is not only to attract fdi but to manage liquidity,fund budget deficit.....i have readjusted income from fixed income space and increase income from real economy (i got a sub franchise) for coding and batching machine
crude is $45
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 1:42pm On Mar 08, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
learn barbing a open a standard hair salon
can you give a cost break down on how much it will cost for such
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 1:45pm On Mar 08, 2020
Satoshi2019:

No those guys will use inferior materials on the building.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by codeME: 10:42pm On Mar 08, 2020
To all the Big Big Ogas here,
though i dont know anything about this, but just asking!
Is there no investment someone can do with this coronavirus thing in china, something like investing in their stock market now maybe it is low now before the corona leaves them and it picked up again? Any advice? Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by michealekene(m): 3:45am On Mar 09, 2020
Global oil prices reduced to 31 dollars per barrel, -20% reduction. Any implications on Tbills in the coming months?

Gurus in the house please.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 3:56am On Mar 09, 2020
Brent below 30usd at the moment.. What will Emefzy do now for the FPI’s not to run away from
tbills / Bonds .. Will he increase rates for them and locals

Fed gov planning to borrow 22 B usd .. Is that still possible ??...Can part of the loan be added to the external reserve if they are able to get the loan ?

Pressure on Naira will come soon .. Hope there be a way out
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikjosh04: 4:34am On Mar 09, 2020
codeME:
To all the Big Big Ogas here,
though i dont know anything about this, but just asking!
Is there no investment someone can do with this coronavirus thing in china, something like investing in their stock market now maybe it is low now before the corona leaves them and it picked up again? Any advice? Thanks

Also, due to the huge fall in oil price, I believe devaluation and Nigeria entering recession can happen sooner than later. I'll like to know which investment decision is better to beat the inflation/recession/devaluation btw investing in euro bonds or hoping for Tb rates to reach a double figure in the forth coming weeks/month.

I really don’t see oil price getting to above $40 anytime soon as a result of the power tussle btw Saudi Arabia and Russia due to oil production which is not looking to end soon coupled with the Coronavirus that is crippling the world economy.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:18am On Mar 09, 2020
As bad as Nigerian government is we kind of expect them to pay their TB and bond debt, Lebanon just said now they cannot pay their bond debt. Na wa o. No investment is really safe after all.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:22am On Mar 09, 2020
Satoshi2019:

N2 million won't get you a decent and standard accommodation.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tomtom370: 9:41am On Mar 09, 2020
Could you please clarify the package you’re being offered?

2m is quite a meager amount to secure a tangibly genuine piece of property in Lagos, except you’re considering a lease option for a self-con.

Satoshi2019:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tomtom370: 9:43am On Mar 09, 2020
LOL!

We all should be more worried about the implications of the downward slide on the Nigerian and global economy as a whole, way beyond Tbills rate.

michealekene:
Global oil prices reduced to 31 dollars per barrel, -20% reduction. Any implications on Tbills in the coming months?

Gurus in the house please.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 9:49am On Mar 09, 2020
Recession is coming
Devaluation is imminent
2015 on a repeat

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by michealekene(m): 11:22am On Mar 09, 2020
tomtom370:
LOL!

We all should be more worried about the implications of the downward slide on the Nigerian and global economy as a whole, way beyond Tbills rate.

They will be forced to open borders and increase TBILLS rate atleast.

The government cannot come and kill us. After suffocating the economy, they now want peace in the name of "recession". Recession will only make world say "we were right afterall ".

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 12:38pm On Mar 09, 2020
The imminent recession will be global, many people do not yet understand how bad the impact of this corana virus is yet. We should all brace up.
michealekene:

They will be forced to open borders and increase TBILLS rate atleast.

The government cannot come and kill us. After suffocating the economy, they now want peace in the name of "recession". Recession will only make world say "we were right afterall ".

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by michealekene(m): 2:19pm On Mar 09, 2020
9jatriot:
The imminent recession will be global, many people do not yet understand how bad the impact of this corana virus is yet. We should all brace up.

China will open up their airports in the next days, they v succeeded in in combating coronavirus. I fear Italy and Iran and some parts of Europe with worse cases.

Global community will be fine, stock markets and all will crash, but atleast those countries that export commodities will have hope of some sort of returns in their govt coffers. Atleast no one will be stupid enough to borrow your govt 22billion dollars to finance frivolities.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hallenjay: 3:06pm On Mar 09, 2020
IS it a good advice to change some naira and keep dem in my gt b dollar account against the imminent devaluation,and wats d risk if d devaluation doesn't come because d dollar account is empty and I dnt know d gtb policy on us account..I don't want a situation I'll be asked to leave some of dem in d account in d name of no zero operation account. I open it wit zero naira.
I want to know if someone has tried it or know a way I can push cash from my gt b naira account to gtb usd account.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 5:10pm On Mar 09, 2020
Hallenjay:
IS it a good advice to change some naira and keep dem in my gt b dollar account against the imminent devaluation,and wats d risk if d devaluation doesn't come because d dollar account is empty and I dnt know d gtb policy on us account..I don't want a situation I'll be asked to leave some of dem in d account in d name of no zero operation account. I open it wit zero naira.
I want to know if someone has tried it or know a way I can push cash from my gtb naira account to gtb usd account.

All GT accounts are opened and operated on zero balance.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 5:44pm On Mar 09, 2020
Their is wahala for front ooh.

But I believe the naira can weather the storm this year, but next year , I doubt.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 5:47pm On Mar 09, 2020
zamirikpo:

But I believe the naira can weather the storm this year, but next year , I doubt.

What is happening next year?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:40pm On Mar 09, 2020
zamirikpo:

20 dollars crude predicted

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hallenjay: 8:15pm On Mar 09, 2020
freeman67:

All GT accounts are opened and operated on zero balance.
thanks u.
How abt pulling naira from my gt directly to my usd account. Is it possible?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by michealekene(m): 8:24pm On Mar 09, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
20 dollars crude predicted

But your govt estimated 57 dollars per barrel for this year's budget already. No tolerance. They will be forced to look for other sources of funds next year. Their turn to invest in the "real economy"

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 8:34pm On Mar 09, 2020
Hallenjay:
thanks u.
How abt pulling naira from my gt directly to my usd account. Is it possible?

I have not tried that before. I am also not sure if it is possible. However, you can give a try to see what comes out.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 11:13pm On Mar 09, 2020
michealekene:

But your govt estimated 57 dollars per barrel for this year's budget already. No tolerance. They will be forced to look for other sources of funds next year. Their turn to invest in the "real economy"

Hahaha. Very funny.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) (1103) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: DAramis and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.