Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1098) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4440356 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1095) (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pluto09(m): 10:38am On Mar 04, 2020
needful:
Is this a good buy? @ Sir Emma

Modified
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 10:44am On Mar 04, 2020
SirBen90:
How do foreign investors hedge against the devaluation of the naira? For instance U.S investors who invest in Lagos State Government Bonds?
It depends on the currency used for the bond...most foreign direct bond investment would be in USD..hence liquidation would be in USD at the expense of the government whether devaluation occurs or not...but if the investment is in Naira bond, then they have to do the plus or minus themselves in any event of a devaluation occuring
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:50am On Mar 04, 2020
Nakedman:
There are lot of wolves in human skin offering mouth watering investment. Be wary of them and remember the rule.

Rule No. 1: Never lose money.
rule 2 remeber rule 1

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SirBen90: 11:17am On Mar 04, 2020
damilola1978:
It depends on the currency used for the bond...most foreign direct bond investment would be in USD..hence liquidation would be in USD at the expense of the government whether devaluation occurs or not...but if the investment is in Naira bond, then they have to do the plus or minus themselves in any event of a devaluation occuring
Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by donshady(m): 11:33am On Mar 04, 2020
US 10Y Treasury yield just fell below 1% for the first time ever.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 04, 2020
please dont allow currency sellers/traders to infiltrate this tread!!!!! i wont say more than that.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Poanan: 1:24pm On Mar 04, 2020
needful:
Is this a good buy? @ Sir Emma

I am not an expert but looking at the type of instrument, it is a commercial paper. So what you should be concerned about is the credit rating of the company. Any credit rating not below B is investment grade. It may be BB or what ever not below that alphabet; anything C run. Then take note of the the credit rating agency too.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 7:15pm On Mar 04, 2020
Good evening Interested in the image below check my signature

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tipzy001: 7:30pm On Mar 04, 2020
I just received message from Unionbank that my interest rate has been adjusted to 4.2% effective 9th of March... I guess every bank rate is really going lower and lower
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tomtom370: 10:23pm On Mar 04, 2020
Well, my experience differs from this.

Sending to United Capital’s account from FCMB has been free all time. I worry less on the intermediary bank.

SaintUlot:

His money is in usd already, he was told even if he is sending from fcmb it has to be transferred. Funds will be transferred to an intermediary bank abroad before it hits the fcmb account. Sending from fcmb or from another bank account doesn't really count because it is the same procedure.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by baroun04(m): 11:03pm On Mar 04, 2020
Dsticks47:

Ok you are welcome ..
For investment one Dollar fund check my sig.

What's about your dollar fund
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dsticks47(m): 5:23am On Mar 05, 2020
baroun04:

What's about your dollar fund

VANTAGE DOLLAR FUND

The fund is an Open-ended Fixed Income Dollar Fund and will invest in Nigerian Originated Dollar Denominated assets (Sovereign and Corporates). The fund seeks to provide investors with bias for dollar denominated securities access to such securities, which ordinarily would be inaccessible to them by virtue of the minimum amount typically required to make such investments.

Key Features

· Open-ended unit trust scheme which is duly authorised registered in Nigeria

· The minimum investment amount is US$1,000.00 with additional investments in multiples of US$1.00. The Fund Manager however reserves the right to review these amounts as the need arises.

· Redemption will be paid within 5 Business Days after the relevant documents have been submitted to the Fund Manager.

· Every unit holder shall be entitled to receive from the Fund Manager an Electronic Certificate for the number of units purchased by such unit holder. The Electronic Certificate shall be conclusive evidence of the number of units held.

· The minimum holding period in the fund shall be 180 days. However, the Fund Manager is aware that investors might have need for their monies within the minimum holding period and as such would allow redemption during the minimum holding period subject to a 15% charge on the positive total return on the units being redeemed on the day of redemption.

· Dividend will be paid from the income earned to unit holders annually.

· Dividend can either be reinvested into the fund or credited into the unit holders’ bank accounts via electronic means

Interest earned is currently between 4% to 6% per annum

Check my signature for more info.

On VDF(4-6%), VGIF(8.5%) , ABACUS, HIGH YIELD (10%)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SaintUlot: 7:25am On Mar 05, 2020
tomtom370:
Well, my experience differs from this.

Sending to United Capital’s account from FCMB has been free all time. I worry less on the intermediary bank.

What process do you go through to effect the transaction without incurring any fee or commission

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by doublestar21(m): 12:21pm On Mar 05, 2020
tipzy001:
I just received message from Unionbank that my interest rate has been adjusted to 4.2% effective 9th of March... I guess every bank rate is really going lower and lower

On target savings or tbills?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tipzy001: 1:09pm On Mar 05, 2020
doublestar21:

On target savings or tbills?
Savings, UnionFlex
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by doublestar21(m): 1:27pm On Mar 05, 2020
tipzy001:
Savings, UnionFlex

One of the customer care was convincing me last time preaching to me that it is 10% per annum
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tipzy001: 2:04pm On Mar 05, 2020
doublestar21:

One of the customer care was convincing me last time preaching to me that it is 10% per annum
very funny, it's no way near that. Been receiving 4.3% on it
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by doublestar21(m): 2:20pm On Mar 05, 2020
tipzy001:
very funny, it's no way near that. Been receiving 4.3% on it

Is the 4.3 fixed or does it fluctuates?. Also do you have a clue on Union max?

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tipzy001: 2:54pm On Mar 05, 2020
doublestar21:

Is the 4.3 fixed or does it fluctuates?. Also do you have a clue on Union max?

Thanks
I'm not so sure but I think it's fixed, although it's been adjusted to 4.2% according to the text I received from them some days back and no I don't have a clue about UnionMax

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by doublestar21(m): 3:18pm On Mar 05, 2020
tipzy001:
I'm not so sure but I think it's fixed, although it's been adjusted to 4.2% according to the text I received from them some days back and no I don't have a clue about UnionMax

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 6:47pm On Mar 05, 2020
zamirikpo:

grin grin grin grin

Certificate is over rated......

I haven't even collected mine......
Don’t even remember that there is something called certificate grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 6:57pm On Mar 05, 2020
Why, I thought you were in the corporate sector?

igbizen:

Don’t even remember that there is something called certificate grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 7:06pm On Mar 05, 2020
C505:

I got 3.8% from stanbic.

Some people sabi maths oooo.
I got 9% and I know why
At the beginning of the month I had for eg 3.5M and middle of the month I took out like 3M leaving 500k. I suppose Part of the interest was from the 3M.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 7:19pm On Mar 05, 2020
Mfunkynation:

I have follow ur instructions but am not getting a better results
Maybe ur case may just look like mine
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 7:41pm On Mar 05, 2020
tipzy001:
It will keep going down, the best decision was locking down funds in dec.2019 The next best time is now.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 7:50pm On Mar 05, 2020
ojesymsym:
Why, I thought you were in the corporate sector?

Do I go to work with it every morning? I entered with statement of result. My certificate is resting in my school till date. I don’t plan on getting another Job when am done with this....Not after discovering investment and financial education.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pesty100(m): 10:12pm On Mar 05, 2020
igbizen:

I got 9% and I know why
At the beginning of the month I had for eg 3.5M and middle of the month I took out like 3M leaving 500k. I suppose Part of the interest was from the 3M.
in this case to get the right rate you will need to adjust monthly interest rate for the no of days the money spent before withdrawal. E.g let assume money spent 15 days in the bank and the bank normally pay interest every 30 days and after calculation it is assumed monthly interest rate calculated was 0.75% (in this case), this 0.75% interest rate calculated will be adjusted for the 15 out of 30 days the money spent in the bank i.e (15/30)*0.75%*12=4.5 or 15/30*9%

Disclaimer: this calculation is only a rough estimate of interest rate to be expected, extrapolated from interest amount, other factors that I have not considered might also be in play.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 5:39am On Mar 06, 2020
igbizen:

It will keep going down, the best decision was locking down funds in dec.2019 The next best time is now.

fixed deposit or what.... any advice on how to go about that??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 9:10am On Mar 06, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by EISDigital: 9:38am On Mar 06, 2020
Anyone interested?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fineguy11(m): 9:45am On Mar 06, 2020
Audited financial statement for LAPO mfb comprising 2014,2015,2016 and 2017.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ozymes: 10:24am On Mar 06, 2020
What are your FD rates like?
fineguy11:
Audited financial statement for LAPO mfb comprising 2014,2015,2016 and 2017.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1095) (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.