Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,842 members, 7,828,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4456704 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1104) (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) ... (2232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by U1(m): 6:56pm On Mar 18, 2020
delawal:
make una carry unw money go find a Biz and do. DTS why d rates were lowered. find a Biz, no matter how small d profit is and grow it

And you really think everyone is cut for business?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 8:26pm On Mar 18, 2020
ositadima1:

Did you check her/he profile picture?

The account is owned by Johnime A.K.A. Pascopel
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kamsy4God: 8:51pm On Mar 18, 2020
Pls house it is advisable to invest in MBA forex, is it safe, and backed up by SEC ?,a colleague was trying to convince people to invest today, I ignored them.,knowing I will get real answer here.
Pls house your replies will be highly appreciated.
Oga Emma and Ahib, Pls say something. Pls.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 10:45pm On Mar 18, 2020
kamsy4God:
Pls house it is advisable to invest in MBA forex, is it safe, and backed up by SEC ?,a colleague was trying to convince people to invest today, I ignored them.,knowing I will get real answer here.
Those guys you mentioned won't even advice you to participate in online forex trading talkless of this scheme that behave typically like ponzi.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 11:07pm On Mar 18, 2020
If you do not want to start signing, had I known, flee!!!
kamsy4God:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 12:14am On Mar 19, 2020
Nigerian Treasury Bills - Thursday, March 19, 2020

"...The latest data from the Central Bank of Nigeria has revealed that;

1. the Nigeria’s 364-day treasury bills have fallen to 4.6%,
2. the 182- day treasury bills sold for 3.4%,
3. the 90-day treasury bills sold for 2.3%..."

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akpaamunsi: 3:56am On Mar 19, 2020
kamsy4God:

I will not tell you to invest and I will not tell u not to invest. All I will advice is you follow your instincts. Making it big very fast involves taking crazy and calculated risks. Invest what you can afford to lose. I have been with them for 8months now and I am currently making profit on my investment. If I had followed the fear mongers on Nairaland concerning MBA, I probably will be biting my fingers in regrets for not making the bold move. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by goodeal(m): 6:55am On Mar 19, 2020
Please house i need a good and experienced forex trader to help manage my forex account. It's fully funded with $25k. I lost $16 already, and have stopped trading. Proof of funded account attached. Any interested trader should whatsapp me on 2348062586567.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Emmaesty(f): 7:24am On Mar 19, 2020
goodeal:
Please house i need a good and experienced forex trader to help manage my forex account. It's fully funded with $25k. I lost $16 already, and have stopped trading. Proof of funded account attached. Any interested trader should whatsapp me on 2348062586567.
Why do people like to open themselves to scammers

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 7:40am On Mar 19, 2020
goodeal:

"Think of the safety of funds first before interest, gains or returns" That is rule number eight in my write up on page1104 on this thread. Check it.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 7:48am On Mar 19, 2020
goodeal:

Na dem

21 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 8:16am On Mar 19, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oakbranch: 8:51am On Mar 19, 2020
ChieduJoshua081:

See let me tell you something rookie, for you to just automatically label somebody a thief because he asked for money from the public shows how little you know about life and business. And look no matter how much money you think you have in your account as long as you still have this mentality, you are a poor person.

You're calling me a thief? Me, a thief. You have no idea how hurt you have made me. These kind of words never go and the scars they cause never heal and you people are so insensitive about it. Its why people loose hope in the phucking black race. You never help yourselves.

Me thief? You people have made so many loose hope in you people. Somebody summons courage to ask for help on a public place and you don't help him and you also discourage others from helping him. Why are u like this? Is it not better you did not even answer at all when you knew you couldn't give me the money ? Why do you now have to make me feel bad on top the help that you didn't help me ?

Me thief? You know this name that we have acquired in the international community is also affecting us now. It has come to bite us. You mention Nigeria in western world, the first thing that crosses their mind is thief. Now even in Nigeria, you ask a fellow Nigerian for money they automatically think you are a thief.

It's so sad that genuine people can not even ask for help.

You had the help of people to reach where you are today no matter how much you think you did it on your own. Now that you are on your feet , why don't you reach back and pull someone up? All that crosses your mind is "I did this on my own. Let him do it on his own ." No sir!!! You had the help of people.

Me thief ?
It's like even If I type all day, this anger will not come down. You have hurt me so badly whoever you are with your words and the thing is these words never go. The scars they cause never heal and you are so insensitive about it .
yes o,you thief!,can you not go and ask your family(mother and father) for 30k.you are here speaking grammar.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gogedda: 8:55am On Mar 19, 2020
Hello house, pls what is the current interest rate for fixed deposit with Stanbic Bank? Secondly, with the current interest rate for Trills, would u advice I fixed my money or just buy the 90days Tbills? Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by akinola98: 12:53pm On Mar 19, 2020
Guys, pls advise me :-

I was due for my first coupon payment on my 2037 FGN bond yesterday but it is yet to me paid, making me worried
Could there be an issue or the FGN is no longer paying Or what do u think ?
Thanks for responses
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 1:35pm On Mar 19, 2020
akinola98:

I was due for my first coupon payment on my 2037 FGN bond yesterday but it is yet to me paid, making me worried
Thanks for responses

Have you contacted your stockbroker?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by akinola98: 2:02pm On Mar 19, 2020
Nakedman:

Have you contacted your stockbroker?

Yes, I did
They sent an email to cscs for more explanation but what is keeping me down is that they mentioned that sometimes the coupon payment comes in 1 or 2 days late
Could that be true ?? This is my first FGN bond so no experience

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by shogbenga: 2:25pm On Mar 19, 2020
akinola98:

Yes, I did
They sent an email to cscs for more explanation but what is keeping me down is that they mentioned that sometimes the coupon payment comes in 1 or 2 days late
Could that be true ?? This is my first FGN bond so no experience
It is not true. My 2036 fgn bond was due yesterday, and my account was credited same day. I bought through stanbic

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by akinola98: 2:29pm On Mar 19, 2020
shogbenga:

It is not true. My 2036 fgn bond was due yesterday, and my account was credited same day. I bought through stanbic

Thanks for this comment
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by simplyme17: 2:31pm On Mar 19, 2020
Please I’m new to this forum. How does this Treasury works sir? Thanks
ahiboilandgas:
how do u mean ? I got 80k this morning from a teir 1 bank as interest on a saving accounts , an investor is an investor even if 1 bn dey the accounts he cant be tempted by frivolous things .....investment capital is your sustainance , then u have your expenditure accounts to cover 3 months bills ...only t.b of a year above 6 is manageable
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:59pm On Mar 19, 2020
simplyme17:
Please I’m new to this forum. How does this Treasury works sir? Thanks
it has stop working we dey look for bussiness to do...abi u wan put 1m to generate 6k in 3 months

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 3:12pm On Mar 19, 2020
Nigerian Treasury Bills - Thursday, March 19, 2020

"...The latest data from the
@cenbank of Nigeria has revealed that;

1. the Nigeria’s 364-day treasury bills have fallen to 4.6%,
2. the 182- day treasury bills sold for 3.4%,
3. the 90-day treasury bills sold for 2.3%..."
ahiboilandgas:
it has stop working we dey look for bussiness to do...abi u wan put 1m to generate 6k in 3 months
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 3:34pm On Mar 19, 2020
akinola98:

Thanks for responses

Pls do not panic. Mine was due for payment in January 15th but I got it around 2nd week of February. Inform you broker about it and then relax.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 3:49pm On Mar 19, 2020
Dr. Tayo Oyedeji
@tayooye
Personal finance in the times of coronavirus.

1/ Times are tough and they will get tougher in the short term.

Here's why:

A supply-fueled recession is relatively easy to resolve. Just produce more stuff.

A demand-fueled recession is tougher: people are just not buying stuff.

We are in a demand-fueled recession.
People are not buying stuff because there is so much uncertainty in the air.

That means non-essential product manufacturers and service providers are not selling.

They will have to lay off their staff (no sales) and the ripple effect will make things worse.

How then should you react?

1. Embrace minimalism.
2. Think liquidity
3. Think necessities.

Let's unpack these items.

Embrace minimalism: buy just what you need and save like crazy.

Should I buy a new car? NO
Should I buy a new house? NO
Should I buy a new (insert anything discretionary)? NO

Just save and wait.

Things will get much cheaper around August so you want to have cash in Q3.

Liquidity: cash is king.

I already alluded to this earlier - hold on to your cash or invest in liquid assets.

I bought a property for $XYZ,Bleep in 2009 (during the recession) and sold it for an 85% profit margin in 2011.

Recessions are great opportunities for people who save.

Think necessities.
You want to start a new fashion line: NO
You want to start a new ad agency: NO
You want to start a new event planning biz: NO

Think necessities
You want to build a farm: YES
You want to start a new school: YES
You want to start a new hospital: YES

Think necessities:

Your new business planning model should answer just one key question in 2020, what do people NEED?

Just like they did in 2008, people will prioritize NEEDS and skimp on WANTS.

Don't get stuck with high fashion products in 2020. You may NOT be able to sell it

Here are the 3 key items again.

1. Embrace minimalism.
2. Think liquidity
3. Think necessities.

We will be alright. The economy will pick up again later in the year.

Just stay safe and socially distant from other people.

All the best. BTW, my recommended liquid asset is
@Overwoodng
. It is safe and highly accessible.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by akinola98: 5:36pm On Mar 19, 2020
needful:

Pls do not panic. Mine was due for payment in January 15th but I got it around 2nd week of February. Inform you broker about it and then relax.

Thanks for your response but will this be a regular occurrence?? Delay remittances every six months
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cryptostock(m): 6:31pm On Mar 19, 2020
Good evening bosses
I need your urgent assistance. My treasury Bill's maturity is September but due to some unforeseen circumstances I need back the money. Can I get it back before maturity and what are the implications on the investment . Urgent response is needed. Thanks
Rate as at time of purchase is 12.75%.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 7:04pm On Mar 19, 2020
Cryptostock:
Good evening bosses
I need your urgent assistance. My treasury Bill's maturity is September but due to some unforeseen circumstances I need back the money. Can I get it back before maturity and what are the implications on the investment . Urgent response is needed. Thanks
You will get your money but you will lost 30% of your accrued profit

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cryptostock(m): 7:07pm On Mar 19, 2020
Ibrahim505:

You will get your money but you will lost 30% of your accrued profit
Hope it won't be valued at the current market rate?
Let's say my initial capital is 1m and I received 120k if I am cancelling the investment what will be my proceed?.
Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Boyhood: 7:14pm On Mar 19, 2020
Cryptostock:

Hope it won't be valued at the current market rate?
Let's say my initial capital is 1m and I received 120k if I am cancelling the investment what will be my proceed?.
Thanks.

30% of your acured interest is the penalty. Now you do the math, calculate 30% of 120k and tell us how much will your proceed be.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by purleesh(f): 7:16pm On Mar 19, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

it has stopped working

grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cryptostock(m): 7:19pm On Mar 19, 2020
Boyhood:

30% of your acured interest is the penalty. Now you do the math, calculate 30% of 120k and tell us how much will your proceed be.
Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 7:25pm On Mar 19, 2020
Cryptostock:
Good evening bosses
Rate as at time of purchase is 12.75%.

how do u go about applying for treasure bill??

(1) (2) (3) ... (1104) (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) ... (2232) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.