Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,715 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4439389 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1109) (1110) (1111) (1112) (1113) (1114) (1115) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dsticks47(m): 7:38am On Mar 26, 2020
C505:
Hello house. Can someo knowledgeable explain this?

I've been doing target savings with gtb and this is the 3rd month with zero interest. I've also read here people say target savings is more better than t bills for now cos of their interest.

Does it appear gtb don't issue interests on t. Savings or what?
If you are running a normal savings account you are entitled to interest if the Debit transaction on the savings account is Not more than 3times.

If am correct your target savings account should be different from your savings account.

If the fund in your target savings account is different from the one in your normal savings account then I think you are entitled to interest since you don’t withdraw from the target savings account.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tipzy001: 10:19am On Mar 26, 2020
damilola1978:
Does this include transfer charge debit? Of just the actual transaction like 3 debit transfers from an account.
Not so sure. You can call your bank to confirm
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tipzy001: 10:20am On Mar 26, 2020
C505:

Do you mean from the savings account the money is deducted from or the target savings itself?
the target savings
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by C505: 10:45am On Mar 26, 2020
Dsticks47:

If you are running a normal savings account you are entitled to interest if the Debit transaction on the savings account is Not more than 3times.

If am correct your target savings account should be different from your savings account.

If the fund in your target savings account is different from the one in your normal savings account then I think you are entitled to interest since you don’t withdraw from the target savings account.

Exactly bro. Never touched the target savings. Except of course I'm supposed to be entitled to interest based on the transaction from my debit account.

Maybe I should contact my ACC MGR
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by C505: 10:53am On Mar 26, 2020
tipzy001:
the target savings

Just spoke with my ACC MGR and she said the interest is not visible but it's accruing at the bank end. Just as much as I understand not to liquidate before the target period, then I should get it all at the end of the end

Malapropism
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tipzy001: 1:38pm On Mar 26, 2020
C505:

Just spoke with my ACC MGR and she said the interest is not visible but it's accruing at the bank end. Just as much as I understand not to liquidate before the target period, then I should get it all at the end of the end

Malapropism
Fair enough, would have been nice if you know your interest you'll be getting though. It's for a year, right?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by C505: 3:57pm On Mar 26, 2020
tipzy001:
Fair enough, would have been nice if you know your interest you'll be getting though. It's for a year, right?

Yes... A year.

Quoting you, I agree about knowing the interest that one will be getting albeit it's not an investment perse. Just using it to save up for rent and my assurance policy so whatever interest I get at the end, it's super ok by me.

At least I know it's the bank that'll be responsible for my beer money for the calendar year.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dsticks47(m): 5:04pm On Mar 26, 2020
C505:

Yes... A year.

Quoting you, I agree about knowing the interest that one will be getting albeit it's not an investment perse. Just using it to save up for rent and my assurance policy so whatever interest I get at the end, it's super ok by me.

At least I know it's the bank that'll be responsible for my beer money for the calendar year.
As a sales guy I still have to tell you what I sell.
Make some findings on ziing and zplan.
It’s powered by investment one and you get 10% on target account.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tomtom370: 7:05pm On Mar 26, 2020
Has anyone bought dollar of recent?

What’s the current rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by speak2lift: 7:58pm On Mar 26, 2020
I still bought yesterday at NGN404 from a BDC.

However, this evening I just saw this news from CBN

https://businessday.ng/lead-story/article/cbn-suspends-fx-sales-to-bdcs-till-further-notice/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Going by this, I can almost tell that by tomorrow the price will most likely have gone higher.

tomtom370:

What’s the current rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by speak2lift: 8:03pm On Mar 26, 2020
If there is anything I have learnt from all the occurrences playing out in our Economy - It is that "Delay is Dangerous" - when you see signs or trends intimating of an event that is likely to occur, seize the moment and dont look back.

As at last week in January, dollar was still going for 359/360 - All of a sudden, it just skyrocketed to 378 and now boys are hustling to even buy it at 404.

For those who took the decision to quickly divert their savings into Eurobond when the tell tale signs were not so loud, I say congratulations to us all. For every dollar you purchased at #360, you just made a clean gain of #40 and even if you do not intend converting back to Naira, be happy knowing that you preserved the purchasing power of your money.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 8:13pm On Mar 26, 2020
speak2lift:
If there is anything I have learnt from all the occurrences playing out in our Economy - It is that "Delay is Dangerous" - when you see signs or trends intimating of an event that is likely to occur, seize the moment and dont look back.

As at last week in January, dollar was still going for 359/360 - All of a sudden, it just skyrocketed to 378 and now boys are hustling to even buy it at 404.

For those who took the decision to quickly divert their savings into Eurobond when the tell tale signs were not so loud, I say congratulations to us all. For every dollar you purchased at #360, you just made a clean gain of #40 and even if you do not intend converting back to Naira, be happy knowing that you preserved the purchasing power of your money.

smiley wink

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:19pm On Mar 26, 2020
speak2lift:

their is notting i no talk on the need to to hold some dollars

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by speak2lift: 8:34pm On Mar 26, 2020
Yea. You actually did. I am feeling so happy with myself right now even though I am still wishing I did way more...but with the one I was able to do, i still give glory to God.

To make matters worse, CBN has now stylishly made investing in dollar denominated funds extremely difficult.

I got repeated messages from Stanbic Asset Mgt Team just last week stating that the minimum inflow they will now accept is USD20,000 and secondly funds originating from cash deposit into ones dorm account wont be accepted anymore. Meaning that even if you are able to get your BDC to deposit dollar into your dorm acct and you attempt to transfer to them via your bank, they wont accept it. The inflow must strictly be from electronic transfer from your BDC(talk about Camel passing through the eye of a needle)

United Capital is also affected by the Cash deposit policy by CBN - although their minimum inflow amount hasnt changed - they are also bound by the restriction on Cash deposit.

We have got to brace up peeps - I see more policies coming out from CBN in the next couple of weeks. God save us in these times

ahiboilandgas:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 8:52pm On Mar 26, 2020
I bought N370 last week though not much but the value has climbed with N170k profit compared to the current sale rate if i sell now.
I can still source at N370 but it takes a lot time.

Find individuals that may want to remit money to naija, if you can buy $ 100k @N370, in six months from now na N5m profit.

tomtom370:

What’s the current rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by qmd24(m): 2:46am On Mar 27, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by presiade(m): 2:54am On Mar 27, 2020
Can anyone Zelle money to me, I urgently need $300 @380/#? I will send you Naira in Nigeria.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tomtom370: 6:43am On Mar 27, 2020
Thanks!

Got a 399/$ offer on Wednesday but I didn’t take it. Only to realize it was sold for 405/$ on Thursday.

Had to buy at 400/$, knowing it’ll still go up in coming weeks.

TotoNaRubber:
I bought N370 last week though not much but the value has climbed with N170k profit compared to the current sale rate if i sell now.

Find individuals that may want to remit money to naija, if you can buy $ 100k @N370, in six months from now na N5m profit.

speak2lift:
I still bought yesterday at NGN404 from a BDC.

However, this evening I just saw this news from CBN

https://businessday.ng/lead-story/article/cbn-suspends-fx-sales-to-bdcs-till-further-notice/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Going by this, I can almost tell that by tomorrow the price will most likely have gone higher.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tomtom370: 6:44am On Mar 27, 2020
Please inform me when you see at this rate.

presiade:
Can anyone Zelle money to me, I urgently need $300 @380/#? I will send you Naira in Nigeria.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tomtom370: 6:46am On Mar 27, 2020
United Capital never accepted cash deposit, way before any directive from the CBN.

Perhaps, the CBN says the directive isn’t as you explained...Maybe the banks are just the ones making it up. I’ll be testing the directive with some funds soon.

At $20,000 minimum inflow, Stanbic isn’t giving small portfolio investors much of a choice.

The system is rigged against the low and average citizen.

speak2lift:
Yea. You actually did. I am feeling so happy with myself right now even though I am still wishing I did way more...but with the one I was able to do, i still give glory to God.

To make matters worse, CBN has now stylishly made investing in dollar denominated funds extremely difficult.

I got repeated messages from Stanbic Asset Mgt Team just last week stating that the minimum inflow they will now accept is USD20,000 and secondly funds originating from cash deposit into ones dorm account wont be accepted anymore. Meaning that even if you are able to get your BDC to deposit dollar into your dorm acct and you attempt to transfer to them via your bank, they wont accept it. The inflow must strictly be from electronic transfer from your BDC(talk about Camel passing through the eye of a needle)

United Capital is also affected by the Cash deposit policy by CBN - although their minimum inflow amount hasnt changed - they are also bound by the restriction on Cash deposit.

We have got to brace up peeps - I see more policies coming out from CBN in the next couple of weeks. God save us in these times

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by presiade(m): 8:10am On Mar 27, 2020
Well, rate in the US cannot be compared with what you will get back at home
tomtom370:
Please inform me when you see at this rate.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tomtom370: 8:28am On Mar 27, 2020
Logically true!

Any way, I’ll be interested.

presiade:
Well, rate in the US cannot be compared with what you will get back at home
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 9:27am On Mar 27, 2020
Na lie, you said we should not hold it
ahiboilandgas:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by spriteB(f): 9:51am On Mar 27, 2020
A BDC guy is offering @ N385 this morning, do you think it’s a good buy?

[/quote]
TotoNaRubber:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:56am On Mar 27, 2020
Pascopele:
Na lie, you said we should not hold it
i refuse to discus or drag into una ashawo/pimping thread after una try to drag me there with mentions now u jump here again to ambush my post .....the only advice i have for u is ....patronising ashawo or pimping service is not a Good investment strategy

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by collinsobinna(m): 9:56am On Mar 27, 2020
Yes. What’s his number oh!? The Bdc guy that’s selling at 385.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:59am On Mar 27, 2020
spriteB:

pls buy if u have a secured place to key....i currently have zero naira , i stop banking ....everthing is either dollars,pounds and asset that i can increase their cost too....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:00am On Mar 27, 2020
and bids continuesly fail ....na to buy dollars and wait for devalution which we know it must happen just time ...most of the tb capital is gotten from other life sustaining activity....example if u stop me from investing in tb ....i still have a fleet of tankers and rental income so am not willing to start new ventures i will hold my capital dollars ....and use my income from tanker to live ......the cbn governor is offically mad....a worker in an mnc with 10m in tb and earns a salary of 500k monthly will not stop tb and remove his 10m and start a bussiness cos he got no time .....so he will put the funds in dollars untouched and live on 500k

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:02am On Mar 27, 2020
That my last year post

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:13am On Mar 27, 2020
The advice is for persons holding over 10 k dollars and above 3.6m or 10k dollars to help conserve your sweat ...Dangote has open an office in new york for this to move some wealth there for protection and a system design to keep Africans poor....the us can print dollars while we cant and our value is based on what some else can print .....while we can print baira too but the Americans dont need your naira for anything ....even the once coming to naira zone will spend dollars comfortably in Nigeria
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:19am On Mar 27, 2020
Many of my friends that left for America in 2015 dont have 200k dollars liquid cash or saving or any where but the Nigeria hustler that trade his way to having 200k dollars (40m) in 2012 is suddenly told he now has 120k dollars (40m ) 2016 without commiting any crime while the American with 200k dollars is now a mulitmillionare at 80m naira

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 10:26am On Mar 27, 2020
Yes you can buy it, it's not bad

spriteB:

(1) (2) (3) ... (1109) (1110) (1111) (1112) (1113) (1114) (1115) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: talk2tonie and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.