Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,868 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4451481 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1111) (1112) (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) ... (2230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojeysky(m): 9:21pm On Mar 27, 2020
Why is buying stocks now and selling later not a good investment? as I seem not to be seeing the gurus here talk about that investment avenue.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 9:33pm On Mar 27, 2020
ojeysky:
Why is buying stocks now and selling later not a good investment? as I seem not to be seeing the gurus here talk about that investment avenue.

This is Tbills threads. Go to https://www.nairaland.com/1131485/nigerian-stock-exchange-market-pick/5420 for stocks Threads

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by speak2lift: 10:00pm On Mar 27, 2020
Lets learn from you bro.

What Financial institution are you using or did you use?

How exactly did you lose the 1k? - did the offer price go below the bid price or vice versa? Did you purchase your USD above market rate? ect It will be nice if you can throw more light on this so we can all learn.

My senior colleagues who have also been in the Eurobond game far longer than I have, never had this complaint but am open minded and will be really interested in knowing if there is any danger lurking?

Edited: Did you liquidate or attempt to liquidate your investment before the required holding period of 6months(Stanbic requires this)
United Capital doesn't - theirs is 90 days minimum holding period or so?

Anyways let me wait for your answer sha

IamR:

I am the one. There is a lot going on that we don't know yet. I can't even get the money until a month's time, something that used to take 72hrs.

Beware of Eurobond!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by speak2lift: 10:06pm On Mar 27, 2020
Hi Bro,

Apologies for the delay - today was really tight at work.

You can preview this fact sheets - it contains a lot of details and reports

https://www.unitedcapitalplcgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/EUROBOND-FUND.pdf

https://www.stanbicibtcassetmanagement.com/nigeriaassetmanagers/Other-Links/Reports

I posted that of Stanbic and United Capital cause they are Financial Institutions I use for my Eurobond Accounts.

chigo4u:

You are right. Cbn banned transfer of cash deposits.
Since you’ve been doing Eurobonds since 2017, what are the returns like? Is the capital investment safe? Risk free?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 10:24pm On Mar 27, 2020
I read there is a management fee of 1.50 percent .

Handling charge of 20 percent on interest under six months (is this for pre-mature withdrawals)

Anythnelse?
speak2lift:
Hi Bro,

Apologies for the delay - today was really tight at work.

You can preview this fact sheets - it contains a lot of details and reports

https://www.unitedcapitalplcgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/EUROBOND-FUND.pdf

https://www.stanbicibtcassetmanagement.com/nigeriaassetmanagers/Other-Links/Reports

I posted that of Stanbic and United Capital cause they are Financial Institutions I use for my Eurobond Accounts.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 10:45pm On Mar 27, 2020
speak2lift:
Lets learn from you bro.

What Financial institution are you using or did you use?

How exactly did you lose the 1k? - did the offer price go below the bid price or vice versa? Did you purchase your USD above market rate? ect It will be nice if you can throw more light on this so we can all learn.

My senior colleagues who have also been in the Eurobond game far longer than I have, never had this complaint but am open minded and will be really interested in knowing if there is any danger lurking?

Edited: Did you liquidate or attempt to liquidate your investment before the required holding period of 6months(Stanbic requires this)
United Capital doesn't - theirs is 90 days minimum holding period or so?

Anyways let me wait for your answer sha

I got my statement almost 6 months of venturing into Eurobond and I saw that my capital was less of over 1k$ as at that time. I have applied for liquidation. I will write about it when I get it within one month as stated in their letter to me instead of 72hrs. Leaving the money with them will incur more losses. I have consulted one or two Gurus outside Nairaland and I think the best thing is to liquidate the investment.

Would I get it within one month? I am not 100% sure. My lawyer is on standby though.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojeysky(m): 11:45pm On Mar 27, 2020
emmasoft:

This is Tbills threads. Go to https://www.nairaland.com/1131485/nigerian-stock-exchange-market-pick/5420 for stocks Threads

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skfa1: 3:24am On Mar 28, 2020
Hello please what's the current treasury bills?

Any good link to support

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 5:19am On Mar 28, 2020
IamR:

I got my statement almost 6 months of venturing into Eurobond and I saw that my capital was less of over 1k$ as at that time. I have applied for liquidation. I will write about it when I get it within one month as stated in their letter to me instead of 72hrs. Leaving the money with them will incur more losses. I have consulted one or two Gurus outside Nairaland and I think the best thing is to liquidate the investment.

Would I get it within one month? I am not 100% sure. My lawyer is on standby though.

Which of the financial institutions did you make this Eurobond investment please? I have only encountered this in invest-now(United Capaital) balanced fund that I tried this year. Was going to do save N50,000 monthly in that balanced but had a change of mind when the first N50,000 I invested began to reduce. Before the next month I was to deposit the N50,000 the deposit I made was already remaining about N43,300 so I had to jejely withdraw and send it to my stock acct...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 7:51am On Mar 28, 2020
freeman67:

Which of the financial institutions did you make this Eurobond investment please? I have only encountered this in investment one's balanced fund that I tried this year. Was going to do save N50,000 monthly in that balanced but had a change of mind when the first N50,000 I invested began to reduce. Before the next month I was to deposit the N50,000 the deposit I made was already remaining about N43,300 so I had to jejely withdraw and send it to my stock acct...

All balance funds or equity base funds don't guarantee capital. Whenever the NSE is down they are always negatively impacted no matter who the fund managers is. Let's be well guided.
For guaranteed capital and and interest, invest in Vantage Guaranteed Income Fund VGIF. Call 08181057319

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 9:13am On Mar 28, 2020
emmasoft:

All balance funds or equity base funds don't guarantee capital. Whenever the NSE is down they are always negatively impacted no matter who the fund managers is. Let's be well guided.
For guaranteed capital and and interest, invest in Vantage Guaranteed Income Fund VGIF. Call 08181057319

Sorry, for this particular one. I actually wanted to mention balanced fund with Invest-now which is by United Capaital not by investment one please it was just autocorrected by my phone. It's your mention that just drew my attention to it. Not out to discredit any institution but state my fact as it affects me. Let me edit it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PETERiCHY(m): 10:02am On Mar 28, 2020
Sterling Bank has announced plans to raise up to N30 billion in its series 1&2 commercial paper program. The series 1 &2 are with a tenor of 177 and 260 days respectively, with an effective yield of 7.5percent and 8percent while the discount rate stands at 7.23percent and 7.56percent respectively.

According to the bank, the offer opened on Wednesday 25 March and would close on Monday 30th March 2020.
The bank has a long term rating of BBB from Global Credit Rating (GCR) and a BBB+ rating from DataPro Limited. Also, a short term rating of A3 from CGR and A2 form DataPro.
Sterling Bank joins the list of corporates taking advantage of low-interest rates to raise cheaper short term debt.

https://businessday.ng/companies/article/sterling-bank-commences-n30bn-commercial-paper-programme/amp/

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE and DON'T BE LEFT OUT! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 10:09am On Mar 28, 2020
gogedda:
Does anyone know good and genuine BDC that can help me convert my naira to dollar. I am out of Nigeria, I have a dorm account with GTB and I would like to send some naira from my Naija account to the BDC so that they can credit my dorm account with the USD equivalent. Thanks
sounds a bit long winded. I transferred from my HSBC account directly into a domicillary account. they deducted 29 pounds but I didnt mind
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 28, 2020
Please forgive me for this post.

I'm currently in a dilemma, first bank contacted me about the bvn linkage on my account.

They said I need a sworn affidavit, letter and newspaper publication to correct my name on their records.

My name hasn't changed, my identity documents match what is on the bvn , the issue for them is that they don't have my middle name .

So essentially my first name and surname is correct but the middle name is missing.

I told them a change of name affidavit doesn't make sense because I haven't changed my name

They advised they'll freeze all my accounts until I get them the aforementioned documents for a name change.

I'm in the process of converting some naira into my Dom so this is just another blow on top of my original issues with d devaluation.

Can anyone explain how I can navigate this issue?

Sorry for derailing the thread , no where else to ask.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 1:04pm On Mar 28, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

I'm currently in a dilemma, first bank contacted me about the bvn linkage on my account.

They said I need a sworn affidavit, letter and newspaper publication to correct my name on their records.

My name hasn't changed, my identity documents match what is on the bvn , the issue for them is that they don't have my middle name .

So essentially my first name and surname is correct but the middle name is missing.

I told them a change of name affidavit doesn't make sense because I haven't changed my name

They advised they'll freeze all my accounts until I get them the aforementioned documents for a name change.

I'm in the process of converting some naira into my Dom so this is just another blow on top of my original issues with d devaluation.

Option 1: transfer all your funds if possible
Option 2: I think you're allowed to update the details with which you registered for BVN. I'm surprised that you weren't given that option. If possible, go the bank you got your BVN from to clear it up.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 2:38pm On Mar 28, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

you need all these I m afraid. I had a simple transposition that is my first name was switched as my second . to correct this I had to provide all this except the newspaper publication in 2017.
check which is easier and faster. moving your funds or providing the documents. Goodluck
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ugmama(m): 2:59pm On Mar 28, 2020
Ikjosh04:
Good day everyone, stanbic minimum investment for euro/dollar bond is $20000 and I don't have up to that amount. I'm looking to open a domiciliary account so I can convert the little naira I've to dollar but I don't know which bank is the best and can set up the account for me easily online cause I'm minimizing my movements this period. My tbills will be due around 2nd wk of April and another set should be around October and November but I've to write to my bank to cancel it so I can get my money as soon as possible to buy dollar. I hope it's a wise decision and also what are the pros and cons of setting up a domiciliary account?

I could create a Dom account for you in UBA. Requirement include: bvn and Valid ID card only.

You may contact me. Please don't send me money for account opening. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 3:03pm On Mar 28, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

It also happened to me but I was asked to come with only a sworn affidavit and an ID card containing my names in full. No name change on any newspaper.

But, you have to do exactly what they said.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ugmama(m): 3:12pm On Mar 28, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Do as the bank advised.

You may contact me.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hotdealz(m): 3:14pm On Mar 28, 2020
Ugmama:

I could create a Dom account for you in UBA. Requirement include: bvn and Valid ID card only.

You may contact me. Please don't send me money for account opening. Thanks
Lol, someone should send you bvn online?

Do you work with UBA bank and also in Lagos? I need to open a dorm account. Though I have a savings account with UBA already.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 8:37pm On Mar 28, 2020
hotdealz:

Do you work with UBA bank and also in Lagos? I need to open a dorm account. Though I have a savings account with UBA already.

Send your bvn and risk being kidnapped, free doms acc without the two required references . Don't do anything financial with anyone online, eventhough they wanna help for free.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 8:56pm On Mar 28, 2020
freeman67:

Sorry, for this particular one. I actually wanted to mention balanced fund with Invest-now which is by United Capaital not by investment one please it was just autocorrected by my phone. It's your mention that just drew my attention to it. Not out to discredit any institution but state my fact as it affects me. Let me edit it.

No worries my brother. I know you are relating your experience. Me too just trying to throw more light on balance and equity based funds generally. these funds behaviors are not really institution based it's based on the under laying assets. Basically they behave same way whether with investment one, ucap, fbn or any other institution.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ugmama(m): 10:52pm On Mar 28, 2020
hotdealz:

Yes I do work with UBA and I could assist you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hotdealz(m): 10:56pm On Mar 28, 2020
Ugmama:

Yes I do work with UBA and I could assist you.
you work in Lagos?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ugmama(m): 10:58pm On Mar 28, 2020
hotdealz:
you work in Lagos?

I don't work in Lagos.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by arena07: 12:41am On Mar 29, 2020
If there is total lockdown nationwide which will happen very soon won't it affect treasury bills maturity date? if banks are closed ?especially those that their money will mature next month and may?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Boyhood: 2:18am On Mar 29, 2020
All Progressives Congress leader, Bola Tinubu, has asked the Federal Government to print more naira notes in order to save the economy from collapse even as the Covid-19 pandemic continues to bite harder.

Tinubu said this in a statement he wrote in commemoration of his 68th birthday.

The former governor of Lagos State said the United States Federal Reserve had printed more dollars in order to boost the economy

https://punchng.com/coronavirus-print-more-naira-notes-tinubu-tells-fg/?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:57am On Mar 29, 2020
Why are you asking all these questions? go to your bank if you want to open an account and not start having a discussion with an internet stranger on how to fast track or beat the system the bank has in place.

hotdealz:
you work in Lagos?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bjtinz: 2:18pm On Mar 29, 2020
IamR:

I am the one. There is a lot going on that we don't know yet. I can't even get the money until a month's time, something that used to take 72hrs.

Beware of Eurobond!

Wow!! shocked
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ugmama(m): 6:02pm On Mar 29, 2020
ojesymsym:
Why are you asking all these questions? go to your bank if you want to open an account and not start having a discussion with an internet stranger on how to fast track or beat the system the bank has in place.

You're right. At the same time he doesn't need to go to bank when he could open an account at home. Infact as an account officer I work from home.

If any needs to open an account with my bank UBA, feel free to contact me... I could give you my full detail to confirm even from the Chairman TOE
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IyawoToBe(f): 8:59pm On Mar 29, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 1:58am On Mar 30, 2020
IamR:

Beware of Eurobond!
Sir, can you state in explicit terms why we should beware of Eurobonds

(1) (2) (3) ... (1111) (1112) (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) ... (2230) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: DAMMYORES, idobex(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.