Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,030 members, 7,835,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4465688 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) (1236) (1237) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pluto09(m): 2:32pm On May 21, 2020
iamadonis2:
Is there a possibility that, as soon as the interstate lockdown is lifted, the naira may gain against the dollar? Say exchange rate falls to 360 Naira.

Why am I asking? I'm in importation and currently sourcing my products with the current interest rate. If dollar falls in the shortterm it'll affect my prices and cause me to sell below my cost price.

Or is this the perfect time to just hold my money? Customer patronage is at an all time low right now anyway.

If you can get your dollar at the official rate,I will say you have nothing to worry about.
If you are sourcing from the parallel market, I will advise that you hold your money for now.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 2:37pm On May 21, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

You can share in the free money by buying shares of Custodian and Allied, Axa Mansard, AIICO and other big players in that space.
Is this safe too? Just saw the ad on jumiapay

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 2:38pm On May 21, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

You can share in the free money by buying shares of Custodian and Allied, Axa Mansard, AIICO and other big players in that space.

Each time I watch the money in my pension fund, I get very unsettled especially if I imagined how much I would make if allowed to manage it myself. So unfortunate it's driven by government policy. I can only state at it in anger. I hope I'm the near future there will be a review of the policy to enable investment savvy guys to manage their fund themselves

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by blithe: 2:42pm On May 21, 2020
kintus:

Hello Friend,

Please can you share more light about this investment.

How does this work? I saw something about quarterly Renta payment?

This might be another goody bag.

Hi Boss,I came to ask question also...

Seems your question has already been answered by emmanuelewumi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:42pm On May 21, 2020
unite4real:

Each time I watch the money in my pension fund, I get very unsettled especially if I imagined how much I would make if allowed to manage it myself. So unfortunate it's driven by government policy. I can only state at it in anger. I hope I'm the near future there will be a review of the policy to enable investment savvy guys to manage their fund themselves

Ideally you should have personally grown investment that is at least twice your retirement savings account.

That should be your consolation

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 2:42pm On May 21, 2020
There is a flip side to this argument, if government does that, some people will just use their money to eat Isiewu, drink beer and later in life become a burden.
unite4real:

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:44pm On May 21, 2020
kristien4:
Is this safe too? Just saw the ad on jumiapay

One of the SEC registered fund managers in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by confluence: 2:45pm On May 21, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5872812/investors-rush-nigeria-bloomberg

Elders in the house, will rates of Treasury bills go up
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pluto09(m): 2:46pm On May 21, 2020
unite4real:

The problem is how will the regulators recognize those that are investment savvy.
If the law is relaxed to give people the option of managing the funds by themselves,almost everyone will come out to claim expert in investment. And I can bet you a higher percentage of Nigerians will blow that account under one year.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by blithe: 2:46pm On May 21, 2020
unite4real:

You have 6 working days left for everything from opening your cscs account, to funding the account of the placement bank for the investment and finally sending your filled form plus evidence of payment to the receiving agents.

Act quickly
Thank You.

Do I need cscs account for TB and Mutual funds?
They seem to be best options for new investors...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:47pm On May 21, 2020
9jatriot:
There is a flip side to this argument, if government does that, some people will just use their money to eat Isiewu, drink beer and later in life become a burden.

Exactly, at retirement he will still have access to about 50% of his fund which he can still invest by himself after his retires, the remaining 50% will be used to buy annuity or he can opt for programmed withdrawal
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 2:49pm On May 21, 2020
Be cautious buying dollar at this high rate, the rate may fall anytime soon but it won't fall less than N410/$ for the next six months or eternity.
We have to live with this unplanned devaluation now.

iamadonis2:
Is there a possibility that, as soon as the interstate lockdown is lifted, the naira may gain against the dollar? Say exchange rate falls to 360 Naira.

Why am I asking? I'm in importation and currently sourcing my products with the current interest rate. If dollar falls in the shortterm it'll affect my prices and cause me to sell below my cost price.

Or is this the perfect time to just hold my money? Customer patronage is at an all time low right now anyway.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluwaleokey: 2:54pm On May 21, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Waiting for things to normalize is procastination and it shows you are not ready to start.

Not a matter of reading books, start by saving

Although things are difficult now, business is hard, NAHCO paid 50% salary to workers in April, Arik Airline paid 30%, Some did not pay in April

But if you have been receiving 100% of your salary during this lockdown, try as much as possible to save 10% or more. It is what you save that will save you at difficult times

Lol, I am ready to start sir...
Yea i have been receiving my full salary even with covid bonus but i have been re-investing in my businesses without savings except few fund set aside for fam expenses and miscellaneous
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:56pm On May 21, 2020
oluwaleokey:

Lol, I am ready to start sir...
Yea i have been receiving my full salary even with covid bonus but i have been re-investing in my businesses without savings except few fund set aside for fam expenses and miscellaneous

That is very good. What type of business?

When will the business become self sustaining?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluwaleokey: 3:02pm On May 21, 2020
Sholapey:
Follow madam advice and also investment wisely. Children tend to learn from what they see their parents doing day in day out.

If you're smart, your kids will learn your smartness. Be the book he/she will be reading for a better results. Welcome to our midst, I pray your life will never remain the same as you pay close attention to this thread.

Got it
Thank you Ma...
Am so glad i am a very good sombori wink

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 3:14pm On May 21, 2020
blithe:

Thank You.

You don't need cscs for TB and Mutual funds. However, you can open all of the investment account - MMF or stockbroking which comes along with d cscs with just a click and Within 48hrs if no kyc issues your account is ready. If you are interested click on the link on my signature to open all investment products account with investment one (former GTBank asset management) at the same time. Abacus money market fund AMMF, Vantage Gurranteed income fund VGIF, stockbroking etc.
With CSCS you can get the bond and also get to buy stocks on the NSE. AMMF and VGIF gives capital preservation and VGIF in particular guaranteed interest as well. You also call 08181057319

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 3:17pm On May 21, 2020
blithe:

Thank You.

No you don't
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by blithe: 3:18pm On May 21, 2020
emmasoft:

You don't need cscs for TB and Mutual funds. However, you can open all of the investment account - MMF or stockbroking which comes along with d cscs with just a click and Within 48hrs if no kyc issues your account is ready. If you are interested click on the link on my signature to open all investment products account with investment one (former GTBank asset management) at the same time. Abacus money market fund AMMF, Vantage Gurranteed income fund VGIF, stockbroking etc.
With CSCS you can get the bond and also get to buy stocks on the NSE. AMMF and VGIF gives capital preservation and VGIF in particular guaranteed interest as well. You also call 08181057319
Now I get it..Thanks so much for the explanation
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 3:18pm On May 21, 2020
pluto09:

The problem is how will the regulators recognize those that are investment savvy.
If the law is relaxed to give people the option of managing the funds by themselves,almost everyone will come out to claim expert in investment. And I can bet you a higher percentage of Nigerians will blow that account under one year.

You are very correct. That's the sad part of it all
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by blithe: 3:18pm On May 21, 2020
unite4real:

No you don't
Thank you..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 3:20pm On May 21, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Ideally you should have personally grown investment that is at least twice your retirement savings account.

That should be your consolation

Oh yes. Thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:25pm On May 21, 2020
confluence:
https://www.nairaland.com/5872812/investors-rush-nigeria-bloomberg

Elders in the house, will rates of Treasury bills go up

I am not sure, try and identify what they are investing in and follow suit
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by confluence: 3:28pm On May 21, 2020
Thank you sir
emmanuelewumi:

I am not sure, try and identify what they are investing in and follow suit
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:32pm On May 21, 2020
pluto09:

How many Nigeria will have N50 millon in his or her account or in liquid assets now, and will still have N40 million in either cash or liquid asset this time next year

If you have difficulties building it. It will be impossible for you to keep it and grow it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 3:46pm On May 21, 2020
Less than 10%.
If government makes that mistake, many ventures like MMM will open up and collect those money from the so called investment savvy people who want to control their money.
I have had this kind of argument before and I tell the people to invest the remaining part of their income if they believe they are so good in investment. A lot of people can't wait to have assess to that money so that they can blow it up in smoke in the name of making investments.

emmanuelewumi:

How many Nigeria will have N50 millon in his or her account or in liquid assets now, and will still have N40 million in either cash or liquid asset this time next year

If you have difficulties building it. It will be impossible for you to keep it and grow it
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 21, 2020
I am out of this thread for now. When TB is back someone should mention me, abeg.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:58pm On May 21, 2020
9jatriot:
Less than 10%.
If government makes that mistake, many ventures like MMM will open up and collect those money from the so called investment savvy people who want to control their money.
I have had this kind of argument before and I tell the people to invest the remaining part of their income if they believe they are so good in investment. A lot of people can't wait to have assess to that money so that they can blow it up in smoke in the name of making investments.

As a matter of fact they have insiders who notify these fraudsters when workers are paid their severance packages.. They promise the workers mouth watering business and Investment opportunities, but in most cases usually ended in tears.

It is the remaining 50% which they used in buying annuity that usually serve as their saving grace. After losing money they will go and baby sit their grandchildren in Europe and Canada to save face

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 4:06pm On May 21, 2020
Oga Ema wan kee mee this afternoon.

I would have said "from there they will start shouting, nothing works in Nigeria" but I won't say it so that we don't ignite abroad vs Nigeria discussion again.

Lol at the bolded
emmanuelewumi:

As a matter of fact they have insiders who notify these fraudsters when workers are paid their severance packages.. They promise the workers mouth watering business and Investment opportunities, but in most cases usually ended in tears.

It is the remaining 50% which they used in buying annuity that usually serve as their saving grace. After losing money they will go and baby sit their grandchildren in Europe and Canada to save face
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluwaleokey: 4:32pm On May 21, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

That is very good. What type of business?

When will the business become self sustaining?

Pos business and keke biz
We once exchanged emails if you can remember

Self sustaining?
Have been expanding the both biz, so it keep demanding for more capital...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:50pm On May 21, 2020
oluwaleokey:

Self sustaining?

Thanks business should be able to generate the capital for the expansion.

I guess you are the gentleman from Aba
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 4:52pm On May 21, 2020
oluwaleokey:

Self sustaining?

Do you run the POS business yourself or passively?

I failed twice at running it passively in 2017. One story after another.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by youngalex(m): 4:53pm On May 21, 2020
emmasoft:

Yes you can open stockbroking account and mutual funds accounts with investment one. Just click the link on my signature and you are good to go. My phone contact is also on my signature. Before you click d link get ready your passport, ID card, utility bill and your signature, you will be required to upload them on the last page of the online form. If no kyc issues you have your account details send to your mail box within 48hrs or less.
Is investment one covered/insured as a mutual fund institution?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) (1236) (1237) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: awesomeJ(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.