Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,985 members, 7,814,356 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4435049 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1233) (1234) (1235) (1236) (1237) (1238) (1239) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 6:51pm On May 21, 2020
hollerbaby:

Can you please help us new bees with a figure lets say 1millon

11.22 % , 7 years and. Half yearly rent payment for 7 year.
Please if u dont mind give practical figures of the payments ever 6month

11.2% of 1M is 112,000

Every 6 months you get half of the above figure which is 56k every 6 months

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:51pm On May 21, 2020
oluwaleokey:

Pos business and keke biz
We once exchanged emails if you can remember

Self sustaining?
Have been expanding the both biz, so it keep demanding for more capital...

There is no point using your own salary to expand your business. Since the transport business is generating money, it is the money generated that should be reinvested.

If you must use your personal money for the expansion of the business after the initial start up. Any additional money from your salary, should be seen as a loan which the business most pay back to you at an interest of 10% per annum

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chibexe: 7:08pm On May 21, 2020
unite4real:

11.2% of 1M is 112,000

Every 6 months you get half of the above figure which is 56k every 6 months

At the end of the seven years would I get my full capital

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 1kinggy(m): 7:13pm On May 21, 2020
Thisnut:
you can also use the drive through ATM without stepping out of your car, you can as well deposit using the drive through.
You can deposit and withdraw your cheques with mobile apps, you don't get charged for sms or stamp duty when you deposit or withdraw, the bank officials don't ask for tips when you withdraw, you don't go through the back door to get special treatment because you're rich. My bank pays back all charges using other banks atm. Banks give you credit card protection incase you are being hacked or someone who's not you had used you card, you get all your money back.
So far i think Nigeria has the most backward Banks i have ever seen and they are all thieves.

I know usa banks takes about 24hrs for transfer to get through, That gives you enough time to put hold on the transfer and make necessary adjustments. If it's that urgent, you should have done it yesterday. beside, banks provide app like zelle and you can use cashapp for instant money transfer, they have no charges.

If you're doing well in Nigeria, don't give Nigeria any credit. You're just at the mercy of God. If you doubt me, quit your job and see if you will ever get another one. Lol!

Some will say I'm very negative about Nigeria,
yes i am. Imagine my older sister who's a lecturer in nigeria is making less than a street begger in the U.S.

So sorry to read your experience here.

I can bet your sister will not try going to America solely to beg.

With her lecturing experience, she try and find job overseas.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 7:14pm On May 21, 2020
Hello House. I need Advise concerning investing my funds around since Tbills is nothing to write home about. I bought some FGN bonds around January Which is to run till 2034 at 11.05%. But I don't want to put all my eggs in one baskets, Would you advise me to buy the sukuk bond because I left the money in my savings account and all I get is 60k monthly which is very low.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by anjilgreat(f): 7:15pm On May 21, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
We have Nigeria Mortgage Refinance Corporation, I don't know what they do.

This company can be allowed by legislature to give loans to workers and place a lien on the Retirement Savings of the workers for home acquisition.

That should not be the duty of the pension fund managers

Their own is to invest in risk free financial instruments and derivatives

That is another angle to it sir! That is why I ealier wrote that there can be an innovative way of making it to work based on an alliance or parnership from all stakeholders, including the federal government, and legislature.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 7:18pm On May 21, 2020
Chibexe:

At the end of the seven years would I get my full capital

Yes
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chibexe: 7:24pm On May 21, 2020
unite4real:

Yes

Pls for clarity sake, if I invest 1M at 11.2% for 7 years, I will be paid 112,000 annually for 7 years and at the end of the seven years I will get my capital of 1m credited to my account including 112, 000 for the seventh year.

Thanks for your response.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 7:26pm On May 21, 2020
Chibexe:

Pls for clarity sake, if I invest 1M at 11.2% for 7 years, I will be paid 112,000 annually for 7 years and at the end of the seven years I will get my capital of 1m credited to my account including 112, 000 for the seventh year.

Thanks for your response.

Yes. But it's every 6 months you get 56k. You will get 56k 14 times including the last 56k that comes with the 1M upon maturity

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 8:09pm On May 21, 2020
Sholapey:
Follow madam advice and also investment wisely. Children tend to learn from what they see their parents doing day in day out.

If you're smart, your kids will learn your smartness. Be the book he/she will be reading for a better results. Welcome to our midst, I pray your life will never remain the same as you pay close attention to this thread.

Loooooool

This thread na MBA SCHOOL for any serious investor

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 8:10pm On May 21, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Mainwhile the insurance company will use his N20 million to buy FG bonds at 11%, making N2.2 million every year paying N110,000 every month to the retiree at a total of N1.32 million every year. Making profit of over 800k every year.

At the end of the 20th year, the insurance company will get a bullet payment of N20 Million, whereas the retiree would have drawn down his annuity payments.

This is why this contributory pension scheme should be voluntary, not compulsory

I need to invest my pension by myself
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hollerbaby: 8:14pm On May 21, 2020
from the advert i understand that the money is for construction of road by the Federal .

My question what's that name about sukuk? Is it an acronym abi it has arabic meaning?

It appears like an Islamic financial arrangement since they used rental period instead of interest. Why ? sebi it federal government ?

Please i am not in anyway religiously biased. I respect everyone religious beliefs so that's not my point. I just wanna learn.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:14pm On May 21, 2020
ukay2:

This is why this contributory pension scheme should be voluntary, not compulsory

I need to invest my pension by myself

If should be compulsory, it is jara for you.

Since your investment is more than 8 times your retirement savings account.

Let it be.

98 % of workers won't have any savings if not this compulsory savings by government
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 1kinggy(m): 8:20pm On May 21, 2020
I'm relatively new on this thread but I think some of the questions being asked here are just from lazy minds. A bit of Google, basic arithmetic and investment sites will clarify the questions. To do anything tangible, we can not rely on the information given by others. Help yourself. Do some basic research and come here with tangible questions.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 8:35pm On May 21, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

If should be compulsory, it is jara for you.

Since your investment is more than 8 times your retirement savings account.

Let it be.

98 % of workers won't have any savings if not this compulsory savings by government

Yes Sir.

I noticed there are levels of investing ones pension fund

I think levels 1-4.....I think it was introduced 3 years ago.

The highest percentage return I saw then was level 3 for my age.....so I chose level 3 which has higher percentage ROI. My pension interest became higher than before.

I think I will enjoy this higher interest until age of 60 other thereabout before I will be automatically return to level 1......can't remember the full details.

I got this from my stanbic ibtc pension manager, when I made enquiry on investing my pension myself. At least the interest is better for the last 3 years.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 8:36pm On May 21, 2020
hollerbaby:
from the advert i understand that the money is for construction of road by the Federal .

My question what's that name about sukuk? Is it an acronym abi it has arabic meaning?

It appears like an Islamic financial arrangement since they used rental period instead of interest. Why ? sebi it federal government ?

Please i am not in anyway religiously biased. I respect everyone religious beliefs so that's not my point. I just wanna learn.

It's Ijarah Islamic bond. Forget the name and enjoy your money. Muslim dey fly plane with Christian's as passengers. Christian dey fly plane with Muslim as passengers. Owo ni koko

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 8:37pm On May 21, 2020
1kinggy:
I'm relatively new on this thread but I think some of the questions being asked here are just from lazy minds. A bit of Google, basic arithmetic and investment sites will clarify the questions. To do anything tangible, we can not rely on the information given by others. Help yourself. Do some basic research and come here with tangible questions.

Oga no get tired of helping

Just continue to help. ......we are brothers and sisters in the Lord

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 8:39pm On May 21, 2020
1kinggy:

You are new and u started by insulting people?

Everybody has his or her speed of understanding. No question is stupid as it can answer to many who are reading without asking.

Google cannot make u money, practice will. Money making is an act.

This thread started since 2012 and a lot of us have asked so called lazy questions but it has paid off on many

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 8:47pm On May 21, 2020
ozymes:
What is the guaranteed rate for VGIF? And secured is the invested capital?

Gurranteed rate is 8.5% plus 35% of gains of the fund that is not fixed though, but from my experience since 2014 there is always addition to the Gurranteed rate. The capital is secured base on the underlying asset since it's in the fixed income category it's secured as specified and regulated by SEC hence it's different from balance or equity fund which are not secured base on the category such funds belong to.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by talk2tonie: 8:48pm On May 21, 2020
emmasoft:

Gurranteed rate is 8.5% plus 35% of gains of the fund that is not fixed though, but from my experience since 2014 there is always addition to the Gurranteed rate. The capital is secured base on the underlying asset since it's in the fixed income category it's secured as specified and regulated by SEC hence it's different from balance or equity fund which are not secured base on the category such funds belong to.

I like the way you market your company’s product. You deserve a pay rise.
All the best.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:51pm On May 21, 2020
unite4real:

It's Ijarah Islamic bond. Forget the name and enjoy your money. Muslim dey fly plane with Christian's as passengers. Christian dey fly plane with Muslim as passengers. Owo ni koko

No discrimination when playing the money game, Femi Otedola a Yoruba and devoted Catholic is a friend to Dangote a Hausa man and a Muslim.
Such funds don't invest in brewery, lottery, piggery and usury business or investments. Enjoy 11.2% rental income or whatever it is called on your investment

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 8:56pm On May 21, 2020
talk2tonie:

I like the way you market your company’s product. You deserve a pay rise.
All the best.

Thanks for your kind words.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 21, 2020
ukay2:

Loooooool

This thread na MBA SCHOOL for any serious investor
Exactly! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 1kinggy(m): 9:41pm On May 21, 2020
unite4real:

You are new and u started by insulting people?

Everybody has his or her speed of understanding. No question is stupid as it can answer to many who are reading without asking.

Google cannot make u money, practice will. Money making is an act.

This thread started since 2012 and a lot of us have asked so called lazy questions but it has paid off on many

Obviously, you skipped relatively when you were reading it. I didn't start following this thread yesterday or last month.

Some questions here are needless and a sign of laziness - many are just too lazy to use the search button even in NL to see if a similar question has been answered.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:54pm On May 21, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

No discrimination when playing the money game, Femi Otedola a Yoruba and devoted Catholic is a friend to Dangote a Hausa man and a Muslim.
Such funds don't invest in brewery, lottery, piggery and usury business or investments. Enjoy 11.2% rental income or whatever it is called on your investment
it a smart move from finance experts to bring everbody on board that might be hinder due religious reasons....even if jew no agree to invest we go design jewish bonds to raise money or ipob 5 year bond to collect money from people who dont want to invest in Nigeria bond

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akpaamunsi: 9:59pm On May 21, 2020
1kinggy:

Obviously, you skipped relatively when you were reading it. I didn't start following this thread yesterday or last month.

Some questions here are needless and a sign of laziness - many are just too lazy to use the search button even in NL to see if a similar question has been answered.

How old r u? Kid

If u know d calibre and age range of people who dominate this thread u won't use such vulgar word to describe busy people who feel this thread is d best place to answer their questions based on their tight schedule.
You berra knock it out boy. Wach ya tongue n oily fingerz

Akpaamunsi Agwu

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ozymes: 10:14pm On May 21, 2020
Tax(WHT) exempt?
emmasoft:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 10:23pm On May 21, 2020
ozymes:
Tax(WHT) exempt?

Yes. Abacus MMF Aand VGIF are tax free. All your accrued interest gets paid to your account or reinvested if you opt for it. Basically that is one of the upside of mutual funds they are tax free. No WHT.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ozymes: 10:27pm On May 21, 2020
Meaning accrued interest can be compounded without delays?
emmasoft:

Yes. Abacus MMF Aand VGIF are tax free. All your accrued interest gets paid to your account or reinvested if you opt for it. Basically that is one of the upside of mutual funds they are tax free. No WHT.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phyde: 10:28pm On May 21, 2020
unite4real:

There is no room for automatic compounding. Anytime your rent is paid, you must put your brain to use again.

There are many brokers. U have Morgan capital, Afrinvest. This one's can relate with u online without visiting their offices. There are others too but these I have tried.
Thanks once again. I'm within Lagos and i intend visiting stanbic festac branch once my cscs account is open. How long will it take Morgan Capital to do that?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IyawoToBe(f): 10:29pm On May 21, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Hi Emmanuel, for this investment, does the stock broker take out a certain percent?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hollerbaby: 10:30pm On May 21, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

No discrimination intended. 11.2 % rental is sweet just learning

(1) (2) (3) ... (1233) (1234) (1235) (1236) (1237) (1238) (1239) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: chimex38 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.