Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,607 members, 7,816,508 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4438581 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) (1250) (1251) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:47am On May 25, 2020
Please i have been lot of massages of young guys wanting to migrate b4 but now changing their minds to hustle locally...Pls am not against migration to Developed Nations with clear path to pr or citizenships ...infact i sponsored my kid brother to ireland for msc he 24 year old.the second one now is going to canada hopefully since uk is not having clear path.....so please if u can especially young people (for better integrations )and good education....

14 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:50am On May 25, 2020
But for people in their late 30s ,mid level manager ,senior manager ,people with chances of heading their oraganstion ,or business people doing well locally...should think strategically b4 taking the plunge.....i think am clear now

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:53am On May 25, 2020
GonFreecss1:

Beware of investments not regulated by the SEC. No difference between this and the agro-tech investments popping up now.

Or CBN, because they receive cash deposits from the people

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by onegig(m): 8:57am On May 25, 2020
Godbpraised:
What investment would give someone 20%?

It would be useless stating biz/investment on here when everyone knows that it needs due diligence and some little work to turn such into profit.

Not to sound like our famed influencers but Look around you. I am sure there are hundreds of such needing value addition.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 9:17am On May 25, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
United Capital Corporate bond was oversubscribed to the tune of 124%
Looks like no one is interested in doing business anymore in Nigeria lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 9:21am On May 25, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
But for people in their late 30s ,mid level manager ,senior manager ,people with chances of heading their oraganstion ,or business people doing well locally...should think strategically b4 taking the plunge.....i think am clear now
Some people also want better life for their families. I’ve seen some bank managers relocate their families abroad while they stay back and continue working. It’s also possible

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IyawoToBe(f): 9:22am On May 25, 2020
youngalex:

The only issue I have in this Sukuk bond is that the regime collecting the bond is not the one that will pay in Maturity considering the uncertainty in our political landscape
Can someone please shed some light on this. It is a major concern for me too. Come another presidential election and another political party wins, what happens to our investment? I know government is transitional, but I also know things don't happen the normal way here in Nigeria. What will happen to our investment after their current governing administration ends o
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:22am On May 25, 2020
chigo4u:

How
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:26am On May 25, 2020
IyawoToBe:
Can someone please shed some light on this. It is a major concern for me too. Come another presidential election and another political party wins, what happens to our investment? I know government is transitional, but I also know things don't happen the normal way here in Nigeria.

FG bond and Treasury Bill Investors are creditors of the government, your investment is the most secured in the country

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:28am On May 25, 2020
chigo4u:

Some people also want better life for their families. I’ve seen some bank managers relocate their families abroad while they stay back and continue working. It’s also possible
also good strategy....i had to explain out cos a members told me he 26 and had saved 4m that he wanted to move to the us to do power engineering...but he now want to run a boutique and salon ....i told him if he get the visa he should move ....i dont know how young chaps are reading it ..so we will not mislead them to think it well with Nigeria when i know it not...

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Manwarrior55: 9:40am On May 25, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 9:49am On May 25, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

How
I mean with the Massive over subscriptions everywhere
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:51am On May 25, 2020
chigo4u:

I mean with the Massive over subscriptions everywhere

People are still doing business, office workers are doing money market fund, Commercial papers, bonds, Treasury Bill investments

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cydophobia(m): 9:59am On May 25, 2020
Hello everyone.

I am a silent reader of this great thread.I want to say very big thank you for all the information given so far.

I have made up my mind to invest in treasury bill or FG bond,but I don't know how to go about it.

I also want to know if it right time to invest in these markets.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Focusingmore: 11:06am On May 25, 2020
chigo4u:

What is this better life you speak off?

To have a better life anywhere in this world you need money.

All my childhood friends who stayed in Nigeria are multi millionaires now.

The ones who i lived with in those days who returned home have also made it big.

Most people living abroad for years are just getting by. All you are going to be is no more than basic.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 11:17am On May 25, 2020
Focusingmore:

What is this better life you speak off?

To have a better life anywhere in this world you need money.

All my childhood friends who stayed in Nigeria are multi millionaires now.

The ones who i lived with in those days who returned home have also made it big.

Most people living abroad for years are just getting by. All you are going to be is no more than basic.

Interesting.

What are your friends doing in Nigeria that have given them these multi millions that you talk about?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:20am On May 25, 2020
Grupo:

Interesting.

What are your friends doing in Nigeria that have given them these multi millions that you talk about?

We don't need to go over this endless arguments again, if they run their businesses or have a good job and are investing, they will definitely do well for themselves

17 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Focusingmore: 11:37am On May 25, 2020
Grupo:

Interesting.

I'll mention a few of my childhood friends. Shina peller we lived in London together, fayoshe the printer guy, he never left Nigeria.

Loads more , infact all my childhood friends are either millionaire's in Nigeria or they've moved abroad .

But it appears as though those who stayed or returned home are the richest.
Just my observation.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 11:40am On May 25, 2020
olujaidi:

I see what you mean. It's a feasible strategy using the secondary market. But the yield on the reinvested rental could be higher or lower depending on the value in the secondary market. This in turn will either enhance or dilute your overall yield

Not necessarily. Do not underestimate compounding.

This is something sir Barrytone and co have been telling you all from day 1. Sometimes you don’t need to overthink things.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluwaleokey: 11:43am On May 25, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

Always on point senior man
Me don try luck for several countries but was all denied...soo teeyy the sign became clearer that i should stay back... who knows? When i hammer bigger i go dey tour around the globe & still live my obodo oyibo dream... money talks nwanne cool

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 11:45am On May 25, 2020
chigo4u:

Not necessarily. There will always be business.

The Tbills act of buying itself is a business for some people. That is why you are charged fees and all that. Money must be made, since you can’t do everything yourself, someone else will do it for you and charge you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikjosh04: 11:46am On May 25, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Focusingmore: 11:49am On May 25, 2020
Ikjosh04:

To me, I'm young and going as abroad is a really dicey situation except I'm going to Australia(in which i don't have the financial capacity to do that cause Australia requires huge funds to migrate for a study visa).

Let me give this scenario, a young lad of 24yrs who is financially and economically informed from an average family who is the first born of a family of 9 and is faced with the following options.
1) go to Ireland, UK, USA or Canada for a post graduate study
2)secure a fg job in top parastatals/agency. Let's assume the salary for an entry level position is 250k excluding allowances.
We all know getting the fg job will not be easy but we also know with money and the right connection, one can buy a fg job.

My question to all is, what option will you advise the young lad to choose also bearing in mind his family needs him to start supporting the family financially Asap.

please everyone should and can reply without quoting this post, just click the reply button to air your opinion cause i need to bring down this my comment at the end of today and I don't want it quoted so it won't remain permanently on nairaland
For the 2 options above, the family has the money to sponsor the young lad for any choice he choose.
Cheers!!

Travel out since you're young for exposure and education.

Lower your expectations, even with a big salary abroad you will just be a comfortable guy.

If you really want to blow, after some years living abroad go back before you hit 40. Or you can be shuffling back and forth.

Never overestimate this abroad thing.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 11:50am On May 25, 2020
[quote author=Ikjosh04 post=89940477]

Both options look good, the question is what does the person actually want to do? What is his or her endgame?

Let the person follow the path that will favor his or her endgame more.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:52am On May 25, 2020
Ikjosh04:

To me, I'm young and going as abroad is a really dicey situation except I'm going to Australia(in which i don't have the financial capacity to do that cause Australia requires huge funds to migrate for a study visa).

Let me give this scenario, a young lad of 24yrs who is financially and economically informed from an average family who is the first born of a family of 9 and is faced with the following options.
1) go to Ireland, UK, USA or Canada for a post graduate study
2)secure a fg job in top parastatals/agency. Let's assume the salary for an entry level position is 250k excluding allowances.
We all know getting the fg job will not be easy but we also know with money and the right connection, one can buy a fg job.

My question to all is, what option will you advise the young lad to choose also bearing in mind his family needs him to start supporting the family financially Asap.

please everyone should and can reply without quoting this post, just click the reply button to air your opinion cause i need to bring down this my comment at the end of today and I don't want it quoted so it won't remain permanently on nairaland
For the 2 options above, the family has the money to sponsor the young lad for any choice he choose.
Cheers!!

Can you start a thread for this. We are all differently and wonderfully made

My options will be determined by my opportunities, family, network, outlook, temperament, resourcefulness,business orientations etc.

There can't a right or bad option. Our options will be determined by our circumstantial variables

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drotba(m): 11:56am On May 25, 2020
feelamong:

Thanks for asking after me....

Been very busy on some other projects in the investment world...

Been very hard to keep up with the discussions here...most especially now that rates are quite low and discussions have gone beyond Treasury bills.

Stay Safe guys!!

Shalom!!

Oga Feelamong, it's nice to hear from you sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:56am On May 25, 2020
I won't be surprised if this Sukuk bond is oversubscribed.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by otomatic(m): 11:57am On May 25, 2020
Ikjosh04 did not want to be quoted so that he can take down his post. Can everyone who quoted him show some understanding and modify the quote ASAP?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 11:58am On May 25, 2020
Ikjosh04.
If I were you,I will go to Canada and do nursing.
You said your sponsor can only afford €14k and I hope you know that won't last your study time over there in the UK and you can't work there meaning you will come back to naija and be jobless and dependent too upon wasting €14k.
So go Canada,do nursing,start cashout,build houses back here and help your family by either buying jobs for your brothers or helping them move.
Engineering don't even pay that much in the west sef,na health dey pay especially for an African like you.
A smart person looks at his situation and adapt,rather than dreaming.
If you go UK go blow that money you go regret am ooo!
Dem plenty for naija here and are very jobless scrambling for 200k peanut jobs.
Use you brain!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikjosh04: 12:00pm On May 25, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Can you start a thread for this. We are all differently and wonderfully made

My options will be determined by my opportunities, family, network, outlook, business orientations etc.

There can't a right or bad option. Our options will be determined by our circumstantial variables

I'll love to but i don't need every tom, dick and harry opinion. I' need opinion from people that are knowledgeable which i believe i can get here and I'm ok with the ones I'll get here.
GonFreecss1:

Both options look good, the question is what does the person actually want to do? What is his or her endgame?

Everyone end game is to live a comfortable life and have more than enough to bless people around them especially your parents and siblings.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:02pm On May 25, 2020
Ikjosh04:

I'll love to but i don't need every tom, dick and harry opinion. I' need opinion from people that are knowledgeable which i believe i can get here and I'm ok with the ones I'll get here.
Everyone end game is to live a comfortable life and have more than enough to bless people around them especially your parents and siblings.

They have treated similar topics on the Travel section of Nairaland.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:02pm On May 25, 2020
GonFreecss1:

God bless you

(1) (2) (3) ... (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) (1250) (1251) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: stokfrick, Chudymario, Zagee and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.