Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4465751 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1242) (1243) (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ujay01: 11:54am On May 24, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 11:57am On May 24, 2020
michealekene:

I use stanbic too, please how do I contact them about choosing levels of investment. I realise theres been little incremental interests on the funds on a daily basis, I was surprised.

Send mail to Stanbic ibtc pension customer care and you will be directed
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 11:58am On May 24, 2020
ukay2:

Send mail to Stanbic ibtc pension customer care and you will be directed

Can you help with there mail
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Leezah(f): 12:46pm On May 24, 2020
9jatriot:
See attached image.
At the end of the 7th year, you should get your principal back, all things being equal.
With no charges?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tvegas(m): 1:49pm On May 24, 2020
This article is for those who have asked about how Dangote Refinery will affect or not affect Nigerias forex position in the future. Enjoy reading and Happy eidel fitri.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theafricareport.com/21854/behind-the-hype-is-dangotes-refinery-a-game-changer/amp/

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:49pm On May 24, 2020
United Capital Corporate bond was oversubscribed to the tune of 124%

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:04pm On May 24, 2020
Tvegas:
This article is for those who have asked about how Dangote Refinery will affect or not affect Nigerias forex position in the future. Enjoy reading and Happy eidel fitri.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theafricareport.com/21854/behind-the-hype-is-dangotes-refinery-a-game-changer/amp/
speculative and imaginary...the writter is neither a player or operator in oil and gas industry and have very poor understanding of the limited picture....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:07pm On May 24, 2020
For dangote to stake 14bn dollars without doning a world class swot analysis is laughable.....the 440 thousand barrel has been for the 3 local refineries not for export....it been swapped for white products not sold to bring forex to nigeria

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 3:09pm On May 24, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
speculative and imaginary...the writter is neither a player or operator in oil and gas industry and have very poor understanding of the limited picture....

I stopped reading on the second paragraph when I saw...

"Aliko Dangote’s 650,000 barrels a day refinery – one of the world’s second biggest"

How many second largest do we have that dangote refinery is one of them. Abi there are many bracket second

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:10pm On May 24, 2020
A deregulated markets bring about drop in consumption by 50 percent ...no more subsides and bogus consumption figures...max is 25m daily

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:13pm On May 24, 2020
If the fixed regime remains the dangote will only export and sale to ppra approved allocation ( depot owner) via vessel to location in apapa , warri, onne ,ogara calabar for futher trucking out of white product ....other deregulated product are Ago ,dpk ,Akt
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 24, 2020
qmd24:
Thank you.

This is why we love this thread.

Sukuk2 was at 15. 7 % while this round is at 11. 2 %. This may not keep up with the current inflation level, especially if naira continues to nose-dive as predicted on this forum.

Isn't FG shortchanging us? (I miss the days of TB @ 16%).

@ Gurus in the house, should I maintain my Pounds sterling position or do more of this. I have already liquidated my dollar reserve for this.
How long should one hold this Sukuk 3 to maintain value?

Exactly my worry! I do not want to miss out on this and at the same time do not want exchange so much to naira. Anyway, they say it is very difficult to predict the future with any high degree of certainty.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:16pm On May 24, 2020
After the introduction of aquila tracking and closing of the broader....adamawa state when down from 120 trucks daily to 35 without any scarcity...so nnpc was subsiding west africa and central africa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pluto09(m): 3:17pm On May 24, 2020
Tvegas:

A very good article.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:22pm On May 24, 2020
The writer must be agents of oversea refinaries owners and their local collaborators (moman and dapman) and sympathizer (ppmc and ppra civil servant s) that want the former arrangements to continue...they are about to loose their biggest petrol importer ...we have spent 65bn dollars importing since 2006 -15...imagine 65 plus the current 35 to our foreign reserves...naira would have been stable

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 3:28pm On May 24, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
After the introduction of aquila tracking and closing of the broader....adamawa state when down from 120 trucks daily to 35 without any scarcity...so nnpc was subsiding west africa and central africa

West Africa that's Mad oooh.....but this thing has been happening since 1999.

Anyways my fear is the retail price of PMS when crude prices jump to $60. Dangite refinery cannot serve the country.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:30pm On May 24, 2020
Investor worried about devalution risk by hold suku bond must then generate business ideas that beat devaluation risk and inflations..any investment that can generate above 30 per anum in a structurally faulty economy like Nigeria will surely loose holding bonds for 7 years
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:33pm On May 24, 2020
Holding a Nigeria govt bond for 7 years...the naira future contract is 520 naira to a dollar ....

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 3:39pm On May 24, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
The writer must be agents of oversea refinaries owners and their local collaborators (moman and dapman) and sympathizer (ppmc and ppra civil servant s) that want the former arrangements to continue...they are about to loose their biggest petrol importer ...we have spent 65bn dollars importing since 2006 -15...imagine 65 plus the current 35 to our foreign reserves...naira would have been stable

You are right sir, western powers don't want Africans to be self reliance on anything that will affect their markets or economy. I work in an international firm here in Germany with branches across Europe and Asia, the west don't like us for anything. Lets give some kudos to our leaders, some might be corrupt and greedy, but we certainly know what we want as a nation. The ban on rice importation into Nigeria was a big blow to many Asian countries. If Nigeria should banned the importation of electrical generators into Nigeria, many factories that produces electrical generators in Europe and Asia will close up within six months. Dangote refinery is already putting western oil firms into panic mood. We mustn't relent as a nation, we will definitely get there. God bless Nigeria.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 24, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Holding a Nigeria govt bond for 7 years...the naira future contract is 520 naira to a dollar ....

Date?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:50pm On May 24, 2020
If u invest 10m now u will get about 18m in 7 years time if naira is now 520 in 2027 u will get 34000 dollars dollars ....an investment of 25000 dollars now your profit is 9000 dollars over 7 years .......just over 100 dollars profit per months.....if u have any thing that can give u better than 120 dollars on a investment of 25000 dollars is better than the bond...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:04pm On May 24, 2020
zamirikpo:

West Africa that's Mad oooh.....but this thing has been happening since 1999.

Anyways my fear is the retail price of PMS when crude prices jump to $60. Dangite refinery cannot serve the country.
it has been happing since 1990 ..our bulk purchase agreements was issued in 1983 ...to challenge the dominance of major marketers ...b4 Nigeria refineries like kaduna has export quota to Niger republic to avoid smuggling......if u go to benin republic they never buy fuel at station but smuggled Najia fuel .....the Mrs station in benin repulic take 2 months to sell 33000 litres only ngo and embassy buy ....but with close of boader...they now sell in a months

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:06pm On May 24, 2020
Donbrig:

You are right sir, western powers don't want Africans to be self reliance on anything that will affect their markets or economy. I work in an international firm here in Germany with branches across Europe and Asia, the west don't like us for anything. Lets give some kudos to our leaders, some might be corrupt and greedy, but we certainly know what we want as a nation. The ban on rice importation into Nigeria was a big blow to many Asian countries. If Nigeria should banned the importation of electrical generators into Nigeria, many factories that produces electrical generators in Europe and Asia will close up within six months. Dangote refinery is already putting western oil firms into panic mood. We mustn't relent as a nation, we will definitely get there. God bless Nigeria.
imagine if we didnt farm rice with corona out break .....and thai farmers are in look down....

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluwaleokey: 4:08pm On May 24, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

Just Negodu!
Oga boss eh, your in depth knowledge of the oil n gas industry esp the downstream dey marvel me...

Meanwhile sir, do you think dangote would affiliate mini or standard filling stations when the much awaited refinery is ready and set for business...

Does he have plans of dealing with only the major marketers in the field?
.... make i know weda to start scouting for mushroom stations but in a strategic place

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 24, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
If u invest 10m now u will get about 18m in 7 years time if naira is now 520 in 2027 u will get 34000 dollars dollars ....an investment of 25000 dollars now your profit is 9000 dollars over 7 years .......just over 100 dollars profit per months.....if u have any thing that can give u better than 120 dollars on a investment of 25000 dollars is better than the bond...

Thanks for this analysis. However, given the situation we are in, I doubt if naira is not going to fall to above 520 to a dollar by year 2027.

Would you please suggest other investment opportunities that would provide higher return compared to the sukuk bond?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:11pm On May 24, 2020
For over 50 years larfage group a france interest refuse to expand cement productions in Nigeria despit population explosion....they wanted the importation arrangements for ever until dangote and bau step in buham terminal apapa is not working again no cement to import from france ....40 m tonne from Dangote....in thr 1990 there was cement racketeering cos of demand has passed supply and larfage was doing notting but smiling to the bank and laughing at our stupidity with french shareholders enjoying dividen

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:13pm On May 24, 2020
mra123:

Thanks for this analysis. However, given the situation we are in, I doubt if naira is not going to fall to above 520 to a dollar by year 2027.

Would you please suggest other investment opportunities that would provide higher return compared to the sukuk bond?
it not me that predicted it ....it called naira future contracts on the exchange..
Na fdi predict am
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 24, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
it not me that predicted it ....it called naira future contracts on the exchange..
Na fdi predict am

Okey, I see.

Would you please suggest other investment opportunities with higher return? I really need to diversified my portfolio. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:17pm On May 24, 2020
mra123:

for u to.mitigate risk u must take some ...u can buy bond then use the coupons to buy dollars saved in yoir dorm accounts ....or look at the 5 banks that have mastered Nigeria economy over time their stocks (use the coupons to buy zenith,dancem,gtb,uba)

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 4:18pm On May 24, 2020
MTN Nigeria Communications Plc announces N100 billion commercial paper issuance

https://nairametrics.com/2020/05/24/mtn-nigeria-communications-plc-announces-n100-billion-commercial-paper-issuance/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 24, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
for u to.mitigate risk u must take some ...u can buy bond then use the coupons to buy dollars saved in yoir dorm accounts ....or look at the 5 banks that have mastered Nigeria economy over time their stocks (use the coupons to buy zenith,dancem,gtb,uba)

Perfect! Cheers mate smiley

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 4:30pm On May 24, 2020
Thisnut:
if my dad was in oxygen and i could still listen to his little advice, is far more better that him in grave.

To your question sir, people dieing of gun violence are not as much as African kids dieing of malnutrition.

Gun violence are mostly in AA communities where gang shit are things of the day. There are some ghettos you live, you know your survival rate is 50/50, it's either police killing, or gang related killing.
To open your eyes a bit, folks in those areas enjoy the lifestyle and they don't mind. Even if you take them to the cities, they will come back to that ghetto and die there, It more like a thing of choice.
There are people, especially the black folks, they think going in and out of jail give them the street cred they deserve, those can't strive in an organized city where everyone has to work on daily basis and mind their business.

Surge knight enjoys gang life and being in prison.

It baffles me when people try to cite gun violence in the US as a yardstick or even justification of Naija being better off.

What about the undocumented cult-related HITs that happen in Edo and Benue states?

Or the killings by insurgents in the NorthEast?

Or the massacres that go down in Middle-Belt region by Fulani herdsmen?

And the painful part is, no one is gets punished. In my area here, an agbero was telling a man that he will kill the man and nothing will happen. And of course, nothing will happen.

In terms of violent killings, Nigeria is worst.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1242) (1243) (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.