Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4439121 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) (1313) (1314) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LegitBitcoinBuy(m): 5:12pm On Jun 10, 2020
Good day

Please I recently heard of this company Themap.ng where you invest 780k to buy a bike for deliveries and they pay you 30k weekly for a year. They’re registered with CAC and they have 3 offices in Lagos, everything looks clean but I just wanted to do some further due diligence by asking you guys.

Is anyone here into the business or have you heard of anyone doing it and what do you think about it.

Please be kind with your response.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MelesZanawi: 5:45pm On Jun 10, 2020
LegitBitcoinBuy:
Good day

Please I recently heard of this company Themap.ng where you invest 780k to buy a bike for deliveries and they pay you 30k weekly for a year. They’re registered with CAC and they have 3 offices in Lagos, everything looks clean but I just wanted to do some further due diligence by asking you guys.

Is anyone here into the business or have you heard of anyone doing it and what do you think about it.

Is this treasury bills? You are derailing this thread. Open another thread for this and post the link here.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MelesZanawi: 5:49pm On Jun 10, 2020
koonbey:
Is this thread about economics now or investing?

Too many people are focused on telling stories about how they or their father or their neighbor made money from real estate or whatnot, or writing dissertations on macroeconomic theories which don't have any relevance to people looking to invest and make the most returns today.

Skipped over like a hundred pages and it's much the same, as opposed to the frequent updates on rates, auction dates and other useful updates that used to be here before.

[s]
koonbey:
I believe too that the current US bull run is not sustainable long-term, but there are ways to make money while still hedging against a downturn. Plus I think most people are underestimating the lengths Trump will go to, to prop the economy and stock market up as the elections approach, since that is his most important campaign point.

For instance, by investing most of the portfolio in FAANG-M stocks that have the fundamentals to weather any kind of economy. Those companies will certainly continue to thrive in the near and medium term. Even if the market falls, they'll come back up. A small part can go to companies like $TSLA which have more movement but are less assured.

Keeping liquid cash in Naira is not advisable. Just look at the sudden drop to ~₦460 per $ (Just by keeping your money in the US market pre-covid, you'd have gained almost 30% profit in Naira), for example. The stock market is also not rational or accurate and much less transparent, but I can't go into that.

Ultimately, most people would benefit from shifting into equities with adequate research and stay with companies like Amazon whose market dominance assures returns (even if modest) regardless of the economy.

Platforms like Chaka, Trove, Bamboo, Trove and Risevest have made it easy. Please conduct due diligence on all the platforms. I remember people making noise when some of us were sharing our good experience with I-Invest. If you prefer to go to banks and be arguing with tellers over T-Bill rates, or to be chasing a stockbroker around with phone calls, feel free, please.
[/s]

You started well but also fell into the trap of derailing this thread with your stock market related posts. There is a thread for that, don't join in derailing this thread.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Abbott(m): 6:00pm On Jun 10, 2020
Hopefully, DMO should publish something about it before this week runs out. Maybe the results or maybe a new settlement date but I don't think it's right for them to just keep mute after the proposed settlement date with no update.

oludy:

Got the same vibes from a market report from Comercio Partners Limited.

I have not seen any official comms from DMO.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 6:08pm On Jun 10, 2020
For all sukuk bond subscribers, just wait patiently don’t be anxious. Everyone who subscribed will be given what is due him/her after the issuer decides base on the available funds realized. Allotment will be basically dependent on the rate at which it was oversubscribed. Without any doubt it will be heavily oversubscribed.
Also note that once the allotment is done and you have excess funds, it will be returned to the bank account you supplied on the form. It has nothing to do with the agent you submitted your form through.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Philantropists: 6:12pm On Jun 10, 2020
Nawah oh, i have never heard a bond subscription is postponed, shebi this people no wan do me magic for the N50m i tried to invest. It's 2 weeks now and already N210k interest that i should have gotten is lost, my account manager didn't explain this well to me.

emmasoft:

For all sukuk bond subscribers, just wait patiently don’t be anxious. Everyone who subscribed will be given what is due him/her after the issuer decides base on the available funds realized. Allotment will be basically dependent on the rate at which it was oversubscribed. Without any doubt it will be heavily oversubscribed.
Also note that once the allotment is done and you have excess funds, it will be returned to the bank account you supplied on the form. It has nothing to do with the agent you submit your form through.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LegitBitcoinBuy(m): 6:15pm On Jun 10, 2020
MelesZanawi:

Is this treasury bills? You are derailing this thread. Open another thread for this and post the link here.

You don’t need to be hostile I only asked a question.

I think this thread has gone beyond Treasury bills since the rates crashed, we’ve talked about Real estates, Oil , mutual funds and even the recent Sukuk bonds and it was welcomed I don’t see any reason why I can’t ask my question and meanwhile if you have no contribution to make please stick to reading and stop the policing you’re just making the thread too long for people who want to add valuable contributions.

14 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MelesZanawi: 6:26pm On Jun 10, 2020
LegitBitcoinBuy:

You don’t need to be hostile I only asked a question.

I think this thread has gone beyond Treasury bills since the rates crashed, we’ve talked about Real estates, Oil , mutual funds and even the recent Sukuk bonds and it was welcomed I don’t see any reason why I can’t ask my question and meanwhile if you have no contribution to make please stick to reading and stop the policing you’re just making the thread too long for people who want to add valuable contributions.

That is why you are asking questions on okada business here? What stops you from opening a new thread so that you can get answers without disrupting this one?
Please stick to the thread and ask only relevant questions. Learn to obey simple rules.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 6:32pm On Jun 10, 2020
emmasoft:

Also note that once the allotment is done and you have excess funds, it will be returned to the bank account you supplied on the form. It has nothing to do with the agent you submit your form through.

I got a response from Stanbic Ibtc not quite long. We have to be very patient.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 6:38pm On Jun 10, 2020
ojesymsym:
They keep improving everyday. They have eurobond and stocks now.
Although I still prefer doing stock with a company like morgan.

Can the eurobonds be bought with naira? Or it’s USD?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LegitBitcoinBuy(m): 6:44pm On Jun 10, 2020
MelesZanawi:

That is why you are asking questions on okada business here? What stops you from opening a new thread so that you can get answers without disrupting this one?
Please stick to the thread and ask only relevant questions. Learn to obey simple rules.

Don’t quote me again please

The question wasn’t for you

You’re obviously too dumb to answer

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 6:44pm On Jun 10, 2020
Focusingmore:

The trick with the stock market is to never follow what you read on the news.

I invested 20k in Macy's back in march when it was 4 dollars sold it at 8 dollars effectively doubling my funds.

I'm now using d funds to scalp d market which earns me around 5 to 6 percent daily.

Do d maths.

Sukuk bond , tb even eurobonds are not the best investments right now .

D ten k i put in stanbic eurobond since November last year as returned a paltry 256 dollars.

Investors should look into the us stock market if they want heavy returns.

Investors should look at what they understand. An overvalued market is still an overvalued one.

I wouldn’t even advise people to go and short-sell anything in that market.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2020
koonbey:

Good on you man. Let's continue to watch and revisit this by October.

Lol! At the end of the statement, I said it can keep running up if it wants to. I won’t touch it. The fundamentals on that company are just too bad for my standards to go on a buying spree for it.

So you buying it can do x100, I don’t care.

I have had many trading friends over my small financial years, financial cowboys including those who don’t know what they are doing, one thing has been consistent. Majority of them have crashed and burnt out. Lots of money gone...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 6:53pm On Jun 10, 2020
Has to be USD. I had challenges transferring into their account pre Covid era coz of CBN restrictions on a lot of local transfer although my account officer said I should have called her when I wanted to do it to guide me on how to do the transfer.
Most local transfers without an intermediary bank do not go through, I expect it to be worse now.
GonFreecss1:

Can the eurobonds be bought with naira? Or it’s USD?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:58pm On Jun 10, 2020
GonFreecss1:

Lol! At the end of the statement, I said it can keep running up if it wants to. I won’t touch it. The fundamentals on that company are just too bad for my standards to go on a buying spree for it.

I have had many trading friends over my small financial years, financial cowboys including those who don’t know what they are doing, one thing has been consistent. Majority of them have crashed and burnt out. Lots of money gone...

You are a wise Investor

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 10, 2020
GonFreecss1:

I don't understand why you are being this defensive. No need at all for the aggression, man.

I didn't and I don't disagree with you, and I didn't ask you to care either. I just said we'll revisit it later. Whatever I do with my portfolio won't affect yours and vice versa so discussing it then is just to review and learn from one another as we have been doing on this thread for years.

Afterall, it's not like I have a crystal ball. We're all investing based on our understanding and analysis.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MelesZanawi: 7:01pm On Jun 10, 2020
LegitBitcoinBuy:

Don’t quote me again please

The question wasn’t for you

You’re obviously too dumb to answer

I agree. You are the wisest man on this thread. That is why you are asking about okada biz on Treasury Bills thread. I would quote you a keep blockheads like you in check for as long as you keep constituting a nuisance here.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 7:02pm On Jun 10, 2020
ojesymsym:
Has to be USD. I had challenges transferring into their account pre Covid era coz of CBN restrictions on a lot of local transfer although my account officer said I should have called her when I wanted to do it to guide me on how to do the transfer.
Most local transfers without an intermediary bank do not go through, I expect it to be worse now.

Alright thanks for the info. You are doing well. grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 7:08pm On Jun 10, 2020
koonbey:

I don't understand why you are being this defensive. No need at all for the aggression, man.

I didn't and I don't disagree with you, and I didn't ask you to care either. I just said we'll revisit it later. Whatever I do with my portfolio won't affect yours and vice versa so discussing it then is just to review and learn from one another as we have been doing on this thread for years.

Afterall, it's not like I have a crystal ball. We're all investing based on our understanding and analysis.

Maybe I misunderstood you and made some assumptions, and for that I apologise.

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nwokeomajayb: 9:05pm On Jun 10, 2020
Nigerians sef. Menial job, perhaps people are collecting close to $80k annually doing the same job in Australia. Job is Job the pay classified us wink wink wink wink wink wink
afroxyz:

Oga we don hear na.
Thanks for glorifying menial job because it's abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pepper247(f): 9:23pm On Jun 10, 2020
It is obvious that the DMO is tactically repricing maturing t-bills and discouraging short term investment in t-bills by individuals.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 10:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
pepper247:
It is obvious that the DMO is tactically repricing maturing t-bills and discouraging short term investment in t-bills by individuals.
Seems the T Bill's party is over
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 10:08pm On Jun 10, 2020
pepper247:

Time to move to other things

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kintus(m): 10:35pm On Jun 10, 2020
DexterousOne:

Time to move to other things

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Why now?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 1kinggy(m): 11:05pm On Jun 10, 2020
LegitBitcoinBuy:
Good day

Continue with your advertisement.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 11:39pm On Jun 10, 2020
kintus:

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Why now?

The rates are abysmal
And our capital can command better returns elsewhere

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:16am On Jun 11, 2020
Just created a thread for investment ideas, since this is strictly a tb thread.

Come join us to discuss any investment opportunities and ideas you may have.

No holds barred kind of thread except for ads and scams.

Link below

https://www.nairaland.com/5917656/submit-investment-ideas-strategies-here

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 1:21am On Jun 11, 2020
Nwokeomajayb:
Nigerians sef. Menial job, perhaps people are collecting close to $80k annually doing the same job in Australia. Job is Job the pay classified us wink wink wink wink wink wink

After the pay what next?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 3:27am On Jun 11, 2020
unite4real:

after 24 hours you come back and see like 6 pages of arguments and none of the posts relates to the topic. the strategy to adopt is when you see those names, jump and pass else, you go read taya. I was able to go through 3 pages in 60 seconds

Exactly what I just finished doing.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by creategist: 3:52am On Jun 11, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
which will cbn bail out first zzzzmicro finance bank or a unity bank?

Oga Ahib, are you planning on towing this path anytime soon or is it a lost cause owing to the business's peculiarities? Some of your industry guys now using app to deliver petroleum products! See innovation! wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 5:05am On Jun 11, 2020
DexterousOne:

The rates are abysmal
And our capital can command better returns elsewhere

I hope you are looking at bonds, mutual fund bond funds, and Equity?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nwokeomajayb: 5:29am On Jun 11, 2020
Na gossip dey hungry you. grin grin grin
afroxyz:

After the pay what next?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) (1313) (1314) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.