Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,842 members, 7,828,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4456699 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1310) (1311) (1312) (1313) (1314) (1315) (1316) ... (2232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pluto09(m): 6:02am On Jun 12, 2020
talk2tonie:

5% was charged outrightly.
#2,500 was charged maybe for administrative fees
Which is a total of 22,500+2,500= 25,000. Hence you were credited with 425k
425k divide by 12= 35,417 monthly.
I maybe wrong but this is what I was able to come up with. I will advice you contact the concerned financier for more clarification.

There should be a moratorium of about 3months.
The guy should go and read the offer letter.
It is most unfortunate that many who collect loans from financial institutions in Nigeria don't read the offer letter.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pluto09(m): 6:07am On Jun 12, 2020
DexterousOne:

The game is changing?

I doubt sha.
But that's me.

Certain things are still sacrosanct

Bullish run with no fundamentals is like walking on quick sand
Las las it will always end in tears.

I was looking at financials of some US companies yesterday and was not impressed.
Prices have run ahead of earnings and most of their stocks are overpriced.
Is like people no longer care about earnings again.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 9:15am On Jun 12, 2020
pluto09:

I was looking at financials of some US companies yesterday and was not impressed.

The stock market lost in one day all the gains it made in a month. Everywhere is red, only God knows what will happen today, shit is getting real now.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eazyway212: 10:03am On Jun 12, 2020
Please what is the curent rate of FG bond? i dont mean FG saving bond
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 11:04am On Jun 12, 2020
Folks how many year/s profit do you think is wiped from our tbills interest assuming 12% earned from tbills and dollar remain at 440 to naira.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ben500000: 11:12am On Jun 12, 2020
Become a Mobile App Developer, Learn to Build Mobile Applications with Flutter. Learning system is very flexible and can accommodate working class. Call or Send a whatsapp message to 08034436977 to Register. Follow Smart Tech Academy on social media of your choice for more info, Twitter @Smarttechschool, Facebook and Instagram @Smarttechschools

Course Registration fee is 5k, join class now. Course is online and lasts for three weeks.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OLESCO(f): 1:45pm On Jun 12, 2020
pls can someone help me out with the best TB platform to invest .... if possible with link.
A friend was telling me now isn't the best time to invest in TB and I asked why she didnt give any tangible reason. pls how true is this because this is my first time
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AdaoraNK(f): 1:57pm On Jun 12, 2020
OLESCO:
pls can someone help me out with the best TB platform to invest .... if possible with link.
A friend was telling me now isn't the best time to invest in TB and I asked why she didnt give any tangible reason. pls how true is this because this is my first time

There are elementary grounds you need to understand to help you get further insights.

1. Define and understand what TB's are.
2. Understand types of TB
3. How TB's are issued and why
4. What and where are the TB funds used.

After this, you may now have an overview of what you are investing in and whethet its ripe for you to go for it as we seek.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AdaoraNK(f): 2:00pm On Jun 12, 2020
naijaoyibo:
Oil dropped 7%. Euro lost value against the dollar after about 5 days of consistent gains. SP 500 dropped 6%. Most currencies of emerging economies also lost value to the greenback. All happened today. Investors fear that the worst is not yet over due to Covid-19.
Meanwhile, In other news, Happy democracy day friends.

The global market is cold now, my friend gave me an analysis of Europe outlook for next week but I'm still doubting it, next week may have little or zero significant growth.

The market makers are underground.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GregJo: 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2020
odimbannamdi:

Controversial human being... grin you don go Banana Island before? If you go there, you go see sey dem no born 1 million Boys Brigade to near there. Na shoot at sight ooo.

On a more serious note, bro, you should let go of some of your proclivities so that you can harness the wealth of knowledge and experience this thread possess.

Also, endeavour to make contributions with the intentions of learning more, rather than wanting to impose your ideologies and contrary opinions. It is not a challenge.

Your account is new, so it is safe to assume that you just discovered Nairaland, unless you have been a guest all along or you have multiple monikers. This thread has survived this long because of the constructive contributions anchored on continuous knowledge sharing. We hardly hoard information here. All you have to do is keep asking.

Some months ago, someone gave a detailed exposition about how he started his lending business during his Banking Graduate Trainee days and grew his capital base to tens of millions presently. It was a rude eye-opener for me! If i wanted to tow that line, i could have just sent him a PM and, if he could divulge so much here, i am sure he could have also walked me through privately as well

Late last year too, just when NTB started its decline, you needed to see the discussions that went down here about techniques to be profitable in real estate. It was really really enlightening for me. If i were to venture into real estate today, i am sure i would avoid the pitfalls most of our elders here made when they started out earlier.

Shares and Stocks nko, Elder Emma has taken us through salient tips one should know about Shares. From choosing a broker to even recommending stocks one can immediately buy into, everything was laid bare here.

Most times, when these discussions are about to begin, it doesnt start with the headline "This is a secret". No! But you will definitely spot secrets our formal education and street knowledge couldnt provide. Only practice and experience afforded it.

Capitalism dont exist here, bro. We share information freely, and just like someone pointed out earlier, the sky in here can accomodate all the birds.
Can you point me to the pages where pitfalls of real estate were discussed?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:10pm On Jun 12, 2020
pluto09:

Experience is the best teacher

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AdaoraNK(f): 2:17pm On Jun 12, 2020
pluto09:

Companies earnings are one tool stock market investors capitalizes on. It boosts share price and allows shareholders to sell out few shares to make personal gains far more than the dividends received from the said company.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by omaraji: 2:20pm On Jun 12, 2020
Dear Sir/Ma,
(From the Desk of your Sales 'Data' Analyst)

There has been growing competition between Real Estate and the Equities ('stock') for the title as 'Best Investment Strategy'. The Coronavirus outbreak has seen the equities market take a downturn (not towards the worst), while real estate prices remain almost the same in Nigeria. Although buying and selling activities have reduced, real estate investors are not losing value, as the market finds it's way back to pre-2020 levels.

Q1 of 2020, has seen the GDP and Construction sector grow by 1.69% and 1.87%, though lower than previous level; they signal a sign to buy on the dip at bargain prices, using the weakness 'SWOT' to your advantage.

a. This is the time to cash-in on available distress sales.
b. This is the time to trade the market via flipping.

I will be available 24/7 to share investment opportunities based on (a) and (b) and also tell you more about current real estate portfolios' (below market value but solid) properties from Simpli Mi Homes, DPkay, DnJ, CamberWall, CMB Estate, Sangotedo, Abuja & Lagos Mortgage Plans among others.

All properties come with flexible and considerate payment plans.
Talk to me, so that i can look at your options now and in the future.

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/redfoxanalytics/
Phone number/Whatsapp: +234(0)8063944177
Email/Google hangout: kingsleyukwuoma@gmail.com
redfoxanalytics@aol.com

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 12, 2020
just2endowed:

Its a fun place... How can I start my journey
Through the airport. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drotba(m): 2:32pm On Jun 12, 2020
Sholapey:
Through the airport. cheesy

Good day ma.

I sent you a pm.
Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 12, 2020
drotba:

Good day ma.

I sent you a pm.
Thanks.
Okay sir, I will check and reply you immediately.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by credon: 4:08pm On Jun 12, 2020
just2endowed:

Its a fun place... How can I start my journey
Oga your customers are waiting at your powerbank thread

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by topsquino(m): 4:19pm On Jun 12, 2020
GregJo:
Can you point me to the pages where pitfalls of real estate were discussed?

Please let me know the number of the pages when you find out
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by smartculture(m): 4:21pm On Jun 12, 2020
Have you ever wondered why your business isn't making sales?

You struggle to make one sale in a week or a month?

You waste your precious resources on generating paid traffic only to record abysmal conversion rates.

What a waste! It's utterly disheartening...

This how I felt months backs when I launched a tour package. Everything was awesome about it: the price, benefits and discounts.

But no one was buying. No even a single enquiry. It was that bad.

A month after launch, still no sales.

"There is fire on the mountain," I said while narrating my ordeal to my friend.

I had to go back through what I was selling with the question "where did I miss it? "

After two weeks of research, I came to one conclusion. That what I was selling was just a product and not an offer.

Check this out...

A single product is Eba.

An offer is Eba plus egusi soup with stockfish, pomo, goat meat, and a glass of Hollandia Yoghurt to wash it down.

Spot the difference?

This knowledge was the game changer for me. I relaunched the tour package not as a product but as an offer. The next day I got a call from California, USA. A family of 5 was interested and ready to pay for it. The interesting part was that they were chasing me with calls. The offer indeed was juicy.

The secret cure to your dwindling conversion rate is an irresistible offer.

It's an art known to few. An irresistible offer makes your customers beg you to collect their money.

These are secrets and proven strategies that professional marketers pay thousands of dollars to learn.

But you're getting it for free!

I and my business partner would be sharing these secrets in an exclusive Irresistible Offer Masterclass.

Interested in learning more about this?

Join the Masterclass now https:///2348068017380

Limited spaces are available.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by topsquino(m): 4:33pm On Jun 12, 2020
Hi everyone

Given the cost of building a house for commercial purpose in suburbs, I've been thinking lately that the ROI is not worth it.

For instance, you spend about 10 million naira building a 2 two bedroom flat in ikorodu and the maximum you get after renting it is 600k (300k for each 2 bedroom flat).

I have not even factored the cost of the land and omo onile wahala. Over time, the building will even depreciate and you will be forced to repair it.

In any case, I would be appreciative if anyone can point out pages on this thread where real estate was critically discussed so that I can read the views of others on this topic.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AdaoraNK(f): 4:38pm On Jun 12, 2020
Theconglomerate:
I wanted to say this.
No one can access their dorm accounts now.No bank will pay you dollars now.
I'm sure if you request for the money to be converted to naira,they'll pay you immediately.
Reason I always advise against this.Dorm account is useless in times like this.
Better get offshore aza jejely.

For real?

What about direct inflow? I mean withdrawing direct inflow.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 5:01pm On Jun 12, 2020
AdaoraNK:

For real?

What about direct inflow? I mean withdrawing direct inflow.
No cash to give anybody now at that price o madam.
It's better you meet your aboki for any inflow.
They transfer to their foreign account and they pay you your naira,that is if you want naira anyways...
Dorm account now story full am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 5:05pm On Jun 12, 2020
topsquino:
Hi everyone

Given the cost of building a house for commercial purpose in suburbs, I've been thinking lately that the ROI is not worth it.

For instance, you spend about 10 million naira building a 2 two bedroom flat in ikorodu and the maximum you get after renting it is 600k (300k for each 2 bedroom flat).

I have not even factored the cost of the land and omo onile wahala. Over time, the building will even depreciate and you will be forced to repair it.

In any case, I would be appreciative if anyone can point out pages on this thread where real estate was critically discussed so that I can read the views of others on this topic.
It's for security reasons people build houses.
You can do business and the money liquidates whereas your property will most times be there for you even though the returns is small.
Our forefathers weren't wrong with real estate.
If you want more money,you can always take the dough up to 35m and buy a mini duplex at ajah and make good rents plus property appreciation value.
You can buy stocks and it tumbles like what happened yesterday.
You can invest in the government and still hear stories,hardly will a person go wrong with property.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by topsquino(m): 5:12pm On Jun 12, 2020
Theconglomerate:
It's for security reasons people build houses.
You can do business and the money liquidates whereas your property will most times be there for you even though the returns is small.
Our forefathers weren't wrong with real estate.
If you want more money,you can always take the dough up to 35m and buy a mini duplex at ajah and make good rents plus property appreciation value.
You can buy stocks and it tumbles like what happened yesterday.
You can invest in the government and still hear stories,hardly will a person go wrong with property.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 5:28pm On Jun 12, 2020
Theconglomerate:
They transfer to their foreign account and they pay you your naira,that is if you want naira anyways...
This thing tire me sef. Na my money now. Third attempt to transfer failed yesterday.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 5:35pm On Jun 12, 2020
OLESCO:

From your question it's very obvious you are new when it comes to Tbills. The first form of investment I will advice you to do is to invest some time to read about Tbills and mutual funds on earlier pages of this thread and mutual funds thread respectively. Don't rush. Then ask questions I'm sure in few days you will make an informed and intelligent decision

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AdaoraNK(f): 5:37pm On Jun 12, 2020
Theconglomerate:

Make me clear.

I am paid directly into my dom account and the bank confirms that they have received it and for them to tell me the cash is not available is unacceptable.

The CBN should wake up, to avoid the repetition of 2016 when dollar rose to 520 from165. Now that its about 450, thier decisions can push it to 700 in three months from now if it continues like.

Which ever, it a gain for those who earn forex, while the economy sufferes. When the economy suffers, it affects the common man, the productive sectors and total of it is hardship.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drotba(m): 6:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
Sholapey:
Okay sir, I will check and reply you immediately.

Alright ma.

Yet to get your response
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abimbola01(m): 6:36pm On Jun 12, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibechris2: 6:44pm On Jun 12, 2020
Ben500000:
Become a Mobile App Developer, Learn to Build Mobile Applications with Flutter. Learning system is very flexible and can accommodate working class. Call or Send a whatsapp message to 08034436977 to Register. Follow Smart Tech Academy on social media of your choice for more info, Twitter @Smarttechschool, Facebook and Instagram @Smarttechschools

Course Registration fee is 5k, join class now. Course is online and lasts for three weeks.

Where is your location?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 6:52pm On Jun 12, 2020
abimbola01:
https://www.dmo.gov.ng/fgn-bonds/sovereign-sukuk/3209-investors-scramble-for-third-sovereign-sukuk/file

Thanks for posting this info. So how do we know if our sukuk was successful or not?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 12, 2020
drotba:

Alright ma.

Yet to get your response
I tried to reply you but your email address was not attached to the PM.
Please send your message to ********** and I will reply you immediately.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1310) (1311) (1312) (1313) (1314) (1315) (1316) ... (2232) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.