Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,228 members, 7,825,890 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4454307 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (2231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by caesaraba(m): 7:04am On Oct 02, 2015
christinie:
You are surprised I asked huh?

I asked because they are making it appear better than real estate but you and I know that it is not.

Honestly this isn't a real estate vs Treasury Bill thread. What if we all started comparing various low-risk investment options available in the world? It'd defeat the purpose of this thread. Enough of the derailing already. Create a separate thread for arguments please. Seun abeg do something about this biko so we can all concentrate on T-bills, auction dates, compounding strategies et al.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Reyus: 7:56am On Oct 02, 2015
Does any on know if there was any CBN primary auction on the 28th Sept 2015?

I guess my bank used Secondary market for me. Which I do not like.

Does anyone know how the Tbills for banks work?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by christinie(f): 8:05am On Oct 02, 2015
Did you go through the thread? Everything I said here I got from the thread.
caesaraba:

Honestly this isn't a real estate vs Treasury Bill thread. What if we all started comparing various low-risk investment options available in the world? It'd defeat the purpose of this thread. Enough of the derailing already. Create a separate thread for arguments please. Seun abeg do something about this biko so we can all concentrate on T-bills, auction dates, compounding strategies et al.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 8:28am On Oct 02, 2015
christinie:
I did already but am yet to understand how it is better than real estate, and also how real estate is over rated. Thanks.

MERITS OVER REAL ESTATE
U don't need to wait a long peroid to construct a building before u start earning returns.
U don't get all d hassles of tenants not paying u rents.
U have steady cash flow.
U don't need middle men- lawyers, omo onile.
DEMERIT
U may not get over a hundred percent and above of interest compared to real estate. As real estates tends to appreciate better.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by christinie(f): 11:02am On Oct 02, 2015
I will always prefer real estate to any other form of investments because of their appreciation methods.
yomi007k:

MERITS OVER REAL ESTATE
U don't need to wait a long peroid to construct a building before u start earning returns.
U have steady cash flow.
DEMERIT
U may not get over a hundred percent and above of interest compared to real estate. As real estates tends to appreciate better.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 11:44am On Oct 02, 2015
christinie:
I will always prefer real estate to any other form of investments because of their appreciation methods.

cool

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nafizzey(m): 12:46pm On Oct 02, 2015
yomi007k:

MERITS OVER REAL ESTATE
U have steady cash flow.
DEMERIT

Bro how profitable and secure is this treasury bill business..? Can I invest like 50k for a start?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Johnrake69: 3:37pm On Oct 02, 2015
mekaboy:

Nigeria pays 15% in bonds. So the house u invested 10m and sold 15m in 5yrs is not affected by the dollar? is 15m 5yrs ago the same today?

Ok lets assume dangote does not invest in bonds, does he invest in estate appart from factories he uses for production. Ok that brings me back to business. Dangote is a business man that needs capital.

Lets looks at this scenario.

Mr A has a property worth 10m and he makes 400k from it a year. He depends on that 400k to survive. In 5 yrs time his 10m house is now worth 15m.

Mr B sells his for 10m. Buys fg bond of 5 years at 15% he uses part his first year earning of 1.5m to go into business.

Now in the remaining four years, he saves 6m from his earnings. By the time the 5yrs is over, he has 16m plus a flourishing business.

Mr. A has his house worth 15m now and nothing else to show for it. While Mr.B has 16m cash and a business that could be worth 3-5m by now.

I assume mr B has not been trading tbills with his returns from bonds or putting it into business. But if he has been trading with the 6m, then the figures will be far above 16m.

Who is better off in 5 years?

Boss your so on point. I will like to have you as a mentor. Your financial intelligence is intimidating. Please can I have your email address? Or any of your contacts? Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by adetunrayo(f): 4:17pm On Oct 02, 2015
Hello house,

Quite a while, I only come here when my bid expires.

Pls when is the next auction date?

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9galen217: 4:37pm On Oct 03, 2015
To the House! Has any one used Fidelity bank to place a bid before..i plan on going to them on monday to place a bid for the next auction.just trying to avoid the stories about how banks buy from the secondary mkt and not primary mkt. please How much would #1.7million likely earn on a 364day tenure. thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by babakess: 6:22pm On Oct 03, 2015
9galen217:
To the House! Has any one used Fidelity bank to place a bid before..i plan on going to them on monday to place a bid for the next auction.just trying to avoid the stories about how banks buy from the secondary mkt and not primary mkt. please How much would #1.7million likely earn on a 364day tenure. thanks

if you get 13% as worst rate ....as it now fluctuates btw 13 and 14.5%. Then your interest would be 0.13*1,700,000=221,000 not taking into consideration the negligible commission and custodian fees.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zeiya(f): 11:01pm On Oct 03, 2015
pls when is the next primary auction date
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 04, 2015
Zeiya:
pls when is the next primary auction date

@ Zeiya the next auction date is 7th October 2015.

Who has the idea of the average interest rate for principal btw 2m to 4m on Treasury bills?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 8:40pm On Oct 04, 2015
keyman0007:

@ Zeiya the next auction date is 7th October 2015.
Who has the idea of the average interest rate for principal btw 2m to 4m on Treasury bills?

Between 10 and 13 per cent per annum. Depends on the tenor
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tziz(m): 1:39pm On Oct 05, 2015
Pls when is d latest date to apply fr d next auction?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by slimtriggaman: 12:48pm On Oct 06, 2015
4th quarter NTB 2015 calendar

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by frenchboy(m): 2:03pm On Oct 06, 2015
Pls can who can help me get gold brew guinea stock price,nse index and treasury bill data from sept 1 to oct 30 tnx
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 3:28pm On Oct 06, 2015
does anyone know when next th3 2020 bond will be sold?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zeiya(f): 4:01pm On Oct 06, 2015
tziz:
Pls when is d latest date to apply fr d next auction?
today for some banks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 06, 2015
Has anyone ever bought the FGB ( Bond ) before? and the procedures.

@mekaboy
@manie
@feelamong
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zeiya(f): 1:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
Plz when will the result of yesterday's Tbills likely be out?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 08, 2015
olujaidi:

Between 10 and 13 per cent per annum. Depends on the tenor

My criminal bank is saying 9 percent, i think it too low considering that i had a fixed deposit of 8.5 percent with the same bank.

This guys want to rip me off.

Who has idea of the rate 5m for 91 days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by htconeline: 2:26pm On Oct 08, 2015
Am just seeing the msg for NTB I apply for 182days ,
1.1m.....and I was only given 64k.
The last one I did I received 73k for same six month with same bank FBN....how can I cancel this week bid and what charges apply.
Thanks as u reply.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 3:03pm On Oct 08, 2015
timothy001:
Has anyone ever bought the FGB ( Bond ) before? and the procedures.

@mekaboy
@manie
@feelamong

Just go to ur banker or fund manager...they will give you the FGN bond auction bid form...just fill in the details required and you are good.

There is an auction on the 16th

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 3:05pm On Oct 08, 2015
keyman0007:

My criminal bank is saying 9 percent, i think it too low considering that i had a fixed deposit of 8.5 percent with the same bank.

This guys want to rip me off.

Who has idea of the rate 5m for 91 days.

Since after the TSA saga..the yields on Tbills and bonds have all crashed......
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 3:34pm On Oct 08, 2015
feelamong:

Since after the TSA saga..the yields on Tbills and bonds have all crashed......
This is horrible news...

What actually gets "better" in this Nigeria?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ganilat4: 3:51pm On Oct 08, 2015
Pls, House in general, who knows the results of yesterday New.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ganilat4: 3:52pm On Oct 08, 2015
I mean Treasury bills.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2015
Anyone with the result of yesterday auction because can website is only showing September result..............
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by udysweet(f): 4:13pm On Oct 08, 2015
Dis is wat I jus got frm 1st bank:mount:

N***,000.00 CR

Transaction Narrative:

Failed NTB ref 790151000153

Transaction Date:

08-Oct-15 14:02 PM
I filled d TB form d day before yday at adeola hopewell branch. Did anyone experience same thing? Dunno why dey returend my money afta debiting me.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adesiji77: 4:27pm On Oct 08, 2015
udysweet:
Dis is wat I jus got frm 1st bank:mount:

N***,000.00 CR

Transaction Narrative:

Failed NTB ref 790151000153

Transaction Date:

08-Oct-15 14:02 PM
I filled d TB form d day before yday at adeola hopewell branch. Did anyone experience same thing? Dunno why dey returend my money afta debiting me.

It means that your bid was not successful...you can try again at the next auction.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by udysweet(f): 4:52pm On Oct 08, 2015
embarassed
Adesiji77:

It means that your bid was not successful...you can try again at the next auction.
Pls any idea of wen next it will be?thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (2231) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: farydah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.