Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,276 members, 7,839,376 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4472188 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2228) (2229) (2230) (2231) (2232) (2233) (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by carbon1224(m): 8:51pm On May 10
Gtbank already deducted there money but those people don’t follow pure instructions on tenure.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rizin: 10:46pm On May 10
My act office told me that it went through and that I will be debited yesterday. I do not know what to believe now.

alezzy13:

Nothing o. Though my case is different. The guy in charge at my branch actually forgot to process the bids!!!. Yes o, na so I see am. He said he thought it was next week!! Was very pissed 😡😡 no one at my branch was successful 🥺

However I thought someone earlier said GT was successful for 365 days?

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Plus10(m): 12:50am On May 11
carbon1224:
Gtbank already deducted there money but those people don’t follow pure instructions on tenure.
Sorry , you mean GTBank has already debited you for the last primary auction?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Plus10(m): 12:51am On May 11
Rizin:
My act office told me that it went through and that I will be debited yesterday. I do not know what to believe now.

Hmm...sorry about that. But it's seems most bank weren't successful in the last primary auction.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by manwomanok: 7:16am On May 11
Good morning everyone

please when is the next date for FGN Bond bid

Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tabithababy(f): 7:27am On May 11
Good morning all, please when is the next TB auction date
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 9:27am On May 11
tabithababy:

22nd May 2024. Primary auction is done every two weeks, if you don't want to wait, you can go for Secondary market it's every working day of the week. With 100k you can buy from Secondary market through investment one stockbrokers.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Emzedz: 6:33pm On May 11
tabithababy:
Primary market bids comes in every 2 weeks. You can do secondary bid at your banks reduced rates.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 7:18pm On May 11
tabithababy:
Next two weeks Wednesday.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Streetinvestor2: 7:54pm On May 11
emmasoft:

22nd May 2024. Primary auction is done every two weeks, if you don't want to wait, you can go for Secondary market it's every working day of the week. With 100k you can buy from Secondary market through investment one stockbrokers.
Pls is it late to participate in the government bond happening on Monday like they do with TB that the money has to be made available before the day.Do the brokers you work with charge extra cash for government primary bond purchase. If yes how much or percentage
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 4:22pm On May 12
Guys, please who can explain this situation:
I lost my phone 3 days ago, I had 8k in my access bank account, and 600k in my gtb.

I use the same USSD pin for both banks.

When I got a new phone 2 days ago, I noticed all the money in access was gone, but only 6k was missing from gtb. The 6k missing from gtb was used to recharge my line, so the airtime remained on my line.

I'm trying to build a case against access bank that they have a vulnerability, cos if the fraudsters had known my USSD code, they would have been able to move money from my GTBank as well, since it's same pin, and gtb had more money.

Who has an idea on what I might be missing
Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 6:29pm On May 12
Streetinvestor2:
Pls is it late to participate in the government bond happening on Monday like they do with TB that the money has to be made available before the day.Do the brokers you work with charge extra cash for government primary bond purchase. If yes how much or percentage

The usual practice for all debt instrument subscriptions is that your funds should be in the account before the day of the subscription.
For the second question, my initial answer is no because the issuer pays a commission to the collecting agents but I will confirm this tomorrow.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rizin: 7:05pm On May 12
awesomeJ:
I lost my phone 3 days ago, I had 8k in my access bank account, and 600k in my gtb.

When I got a new phone 2 days ago, I noticed all the money in access was gone, but only 6k was missing from gtb. The 6k missing from gtb was used to recharge my line, so the airtime remained on my line.

I'm trying to build a case against access bank that they have a vulnerability, cos if the fraudsters had known my USSD code, they would have been able to move money from my GTBank as well, since it's same pin, and gtb had more money.

Thanks.
Never you pick a fight that you can not win.
Do not forget that you signed indemnity form.
What saved you on gtb may be your dob. Because if you request some transaction, it will request for your dob.
As for the recharge, it went through because it's your number and will not require pin.
As precautions, always have a small phone where you banking line is and ensure the sim card pin and phone lock pin is activated.

Anyone that has access to your sim card and phone has access to over 90% of your bank.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 7:14pm On May 12
Rizin:

Never you pick a fight that you can not win.
Do not forget that you signed indemnity form.
What saved you on gtb may be your dob. Because if you request some transaction, it will request for your dob.
As for the recharge, it went through because it's your number and will not require pin.
As precautions, always have a small phone where you banking line is and ensure the sim card pin and phone lock pin is activated.

Anyone that has access to your sim card and phone has access to over 90% of your bank.

I do not agree with you on this.
I've been using bank accounts for decades.
Your point about date of birth at GTB would have been valid if they moved any money at all.

Self recharge requires no authorization. That's well known. DOB or last digits of ATM card only become relevant when you're transferring above 20k, so if your argument was valid, they would have been able to move at least 20k per day, but they couldn't, only self recharge which requires no authorization.

I have 5 bank accounts, yet only access had the vulnerability.

The insight I seek is for someone who may know something meaningful that I may be missing, not this doB talk that's out of context.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Omoapena(m): 9:26pm On May 12
awesomeJ:

Thanks.

Was the money in access transferred or it was used to buy airtime as well, check the description of the transaction...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 9:36pm On May 12
Omoapena:

Was the money in access transferred or it was used to buy airtime as well, check the description of the transaction...
That's the surprise, it wasn't airtime purchase. NIP transfer to a moniepoint account I suspect.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 9:37pm On May 12
Omoapena:

That's the surprise, it wasn't airtime purchase. NIP transfer. To a moniepoint account I suspect.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rizin: 10:52pm On May 12
I hope you a not picking up a fight with me because i pretend to be a gentle man cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
For me, your best bet is to go for the accounts where the money went to and get police to retrieve the BVN and other accounts linked to it including NIN. That you may( because i am not your legal adviser) have a case.

awesomeJ:

Your point about date of birth at GTB would have been valid if they moved any money at all.

Self recharge requires no authorization. That's well known. DOB or last digits of ATM card only become relevant when you're transferring above 20k, so if your argument was valid, they would have been able to move at least 20k per day, but they couldn't, only self recharge which requires no authorization.

The insight I seek is for someone who may know something meaningful that I may be missing, not this doB talk that's out of context.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 12:26am On May 13
Rizin:
I hope you a not picking up a fight with me because i pretend to be a gentle man cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
For me, your best bet is to go for the accounts where the money went to and get police to retrieve the BVN and other accounts linked to it including NIN. That you may( because i am not your legal adviser) have a case.

Waste of time. The money went to a POS account. All the POS agent needs to show is evidence that the money was paid out.

POS agents have no means of identifying fraudulent transactions.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rizin: 3:24am On May 13
Then move on.
Itsrm:

Waste of time. The money went to a POS account. All the POS agent needs to show is evidence that the money was paid out.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 4:31am On May 13
Why the assumption that the bank couldn't have had a vulnerability??

Why is it that two banks same pin, one was safe, the other got exposed, and we don't think to hold the bank liable?

Perhaps it's the legal system in this country.

Cos as far as I'm concerned, it's laxity on the part of access bank.

They actually have 11trn in contingent litigations compared to about 600bn for gtb
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 4:39am On May 13
Itsrm:

I don't mind losing 10x that amount to the fraudsters actually. I give more than that to random strangers anyways. I'm more concerned about the bank allowing a debit to go through without my pin.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 4:47am On May 13
Rizin:

No one is picking any fight with you. The deal is if someone else had posted the question, I wouldn't have commented unless I had some insight on the matter. In your case, you were quick to bring up points that weren't contextual, and made it sound like you were passing any new information. That's what I spoke against. No fight.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 6:17am On May 13
awesomeJ:

I don't mind losing 10x that amount to the fraudsters actually. I give more than that to random strangers anyways. I'm more concerned about the bank allowing a debit to go through without my pin.

I have also asked those who should know and the feedback I've gotten is that they have recorded more fraud cases with access bank than any other bank.

None of them have any idea why it happens. Just means there's a vulnerability with access bank that scammers exploit.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Plus10(m): 7:49am On May 13
At this point, can we conclude that GTBank last primary auction was not successful,because until now , I am yet to be debited.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rizin: 9:11am On May 13
Okay Sir. In Reno Voice, God Bless you.

awesomeJ:

No one is picking any fight with you. The deal is if someone else had posted the question, I wouldn't have commented unless I had some insight on the matter. In your case, you were quick to bring up points that weren't contextual, and made it sound like you were passing any new information. That's what I spoke against. No fight.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by davit: 11:16am On May 13
awesomeJ:

You would have been saved from this if only you had activated SIM lock. Create sim lock on all your SIMs. That s all.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by davit: 11:24am On May 13
Itsrm:

I have also asked those who should know and the feedback I've gotten is that they have recorded more fraud cases with access bank than any other bank.

None of them have any idea why it happens. Just means there's a vulnerability with access bank that scammers exploit.
In short, AVOID Access Bank!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 11:36am On May 13
Itsrm:

God bless you my brother.
This is exactly what I've been suspecting.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 11:37am On May 13
davit:

You would have been saved from this if only you had activated SIM lock. Create sim lock on all your SIMs. That s all.

Great insight.
Thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 11:39am On May 13
davit:

I'm short, AVOID Access Bank!
Funny enough, it's my largest holding. About 34% of my portfolio.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 11:42am On May 13
@davit, what's the default pin on a new MTN sim, i'm trying to set up sim lock, but it asks for pin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2228) (2229) (2230) (2231) (2232) (2233) (2234) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Chikebrain, Lordchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.