Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4439694 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1357) (1358) (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) (1363) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:34pm On Jun 29, 2020
Barrytone:
I pity those that will derail, I keep saying I don't want too much money, maybe that's why am poor but I don't care because I am comfortable. if you need big profit then take more risk. Tbills is for us now, 4% is cool, still the best we can afford so keep your excess profit investment, I love Tbills for now.
that a loss inflations is above 12 ....negative returns of 8

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ozymes: 9:50pm On Jun 29, 2020
Okay. Good. Please tell more about your products
olujaidi:

TajBank. It was licensed last year.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 10:25pm On Jun 29, 2020
ozymes:
Okay. Good. Please tell more about your products

I don't work for them.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 10:40pm On Jun 29, 2020
akinola98:

I never knew
Thanks for the info

Alert has just entered. Like I expected, it came in before sleep time

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 10:54pm On Jun 29, 2020
unite4real:

Alert has just entered. Like I expected, it came in before sleep time

Your own go pass alert o. Na alarm grin grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 12:02am On Jun 30, 2020
olujaidi:

Your own go pass alert o. Na alarm grin grin

Hahahahaha
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:31am On Jun 30, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
that a loss inflations is above 12 ....negative returns of 8

better than capital loss, read about 500k profit in trucking but you never told the person the cost of maintaining or loosing a truck. i bought a house in 2014 from a very wealthy folk. Reason for selling: his tanker fell with product and burnt some houses in a community, he had no insurance. he sold most of his properties to pay off. I just know I can't take such risk because I know where am coming from and will never go back there. Rather remain an average man. i decided long ago never to chase too much money, presently been beckon upon to vie for elective office(HOA) but I definitely will not because I enjoy peace more than the money. reason I have not been duped is because I don't go after juicy investment. I like it small and crawling yet progressing.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 6:41am On Jun 30, 2020
DexterousOne:

It has been resolved

Nice, glad to hear that.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:32am On Jun 30, 2020
Barrytone:

better than capital loss, read about 500k profit in trucking but you never told the person the cost of maintaining or loosing a truck. i bought a house in 2014 from a very wealthy folk. Reason for selling: his tanker fell with product and burnt some houses in a community, he had no insurance. he sold most of his properties to pay off. I just know I can't take such risk because I know where am coming from and will never go back there. Rather remain an average man. i decided long ago never to chase too much money, presently been beckon upon to vie for elective office(HOA) but I definitely will not because I enjoy peace more than the money. reason I have not been duped is because I don't go after juicy investment. I like it small and crawling yet progressing.
he wasnt ready for the business,or not a business man ....if u can buy a truck of 10m how much is insurance per anum .250k ..soverign trust has never defaulted in paying infact claims are file online and discharge certificates are credited max 90 days .....insurance premiums are added as part of the expenses...it cost only 22k monthly on a gross of 1 m per month's....sincerely speaking at 4 percent your are not growing you capital or preservating it either....at 4 percents you are lossing both capitals and profit...if u invest 50m at 4 perceng that 2m by 2021 u have 52m while items wort 50m in year 2020 are now 57m ....so bros u are not crawlings but walking back ward.....u are not even on stand still ....u are runing back ward like a well digger

29 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:41am On Jun 30, 2020
Barrytone:

at 4 percent you are lossing the value of the capital too ...persons that bought sukku at 11.3 percent are investors preserving capital and not making money what 50 m can do now in 2020 will cost u around 56 million by 2020 ..not taking any risk is also a risk my friend is the chairman house commitee on work he is 38 years old and never worked ...hon bichi....there notting bad in trying ...the owner of quilox is also a member like wise najia bet ......if am giving tickets of apc to via for state assemble i can invest 10m if their is 60 percent chance of me wining ....

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 30, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
he wasnt ready for the business,or not a business man ....if u can buy a truck of 10m how much is insurance per anum .250k ..soverign trust has never defaulted in paying infact claims are file online and discharge certificates are credited max 90 days .....insurance premiums are added as part of the expenses...it cost only 22k monthly on a gross of 1 m per month's....sincerely speaking at 4 percent your are not growing you capital or preservating it either....at 4 percents you are lossing both capitals and profit...if u invest 50m at 4 perceng that 2m by 2021 u have 52m while items wort 50m in year 2020 are now 57m ....so bros u are not crawlings but walking back ward.....u are not even on stand still ....u are runing back ward like a well digger

am touched but always scared of delving into ventures that will erase the numbers. I enjoy the volumes but you just stated the facts I like avoiding. my goal is to become a naira billionaire, the value of that billion irrespective. i will join you in mainstream biz when I retire and have my billion in the net. thanks for the education.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:54am On Jun 30, 2020
Barrytone:

better than capital loss, read about 500k profit in trucking but you never told the person the cost of maintaining or loosing a truck. i bought a house in 2014 from a very wealthy folk. Reason for selling: his tanker fell with product and burnt some houses in a community, he had no insurance. he sold most of his properties to pay off. I just know I can't take such risk because I know where am coming from and will never go back there. Rather remain an average man. i decided long ago never to chase too much money, presently been beckon upon to vie for elective office(HOA) but I definitely will not because I enjoy peace more than the moinvestney. reason I have not been duped is because I don't go after juicy investment. I like it small and crawling yet progressing.
the central bank of Nigeria has already defrauded u by giving u negative returns ,value deprecaitions (unifying exchange rates )....invested money much be used to live along the line...a super hollandis i bought for my wife 25k in 2017 is now 45 k ,.iron rod 12mm is now 1200 from 750 cement 2500 from 1650,bread now 400 from 300 ....the cbn know very much that Nigerians are poor and emotional investors that why even dropping rates to 1.8 people still invested .....but smart and risk adverse investors moved to sukku at 11.3 over 600bn naira bided

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:11am On Jun 30, 2020
Barrytone:

am touched but always scared of delving into ventures that will erase the numbers. I enjoy the volumes but you just stated the facts I like avoiding. my goal is to become a naira billionaire, the value of that billion irrespective. i will join you in mainstream biz when I retire and have my billion in the net. thanks for the education.
am also aspiring to become a billionaire but at 4 percent it might not happen .....i also invest in fixed income at 11.3 ...my fixed income is my security...i dont take money out of it ......this my buffer against poverty and lack .....i have also stop expanding my fleets only replacement cos of stress ...but am learning stocks and i will use interest from sukkus to buy teir 1 banks ...example if i make 5m from sukku yearly i can use 1m to trade bank stocks ,dangote,mtn and the likes then 2m for buy land for reselling etc...

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:01am On Jun 30, 2020
How can we make money while sleeping?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by topsquino(m): 9:10am On Jun 30, 2020
Barrytone:

What matters is not the amount of money you have, but the value of the money you have.

To preserve your money, you are better off converting your naira to dollar rather than settling for just 4%.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:20am On Jun 30, 2020
topsquino:

What matters is not the amount of money you have, but the value of the money you have.

To preserve your money, you are better off converting your naira to dollar rather than settling for just 4%.

Different strokes for different folks, but very to be flexible and open to new ideas
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:24am On Jun 30, 2020
Barrytone:

Can you educate me on the various streams of income you have? It is advisable to have a minimum of 4 streams of income.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:34am On Jun 30, 2020
If All rational investor refuse the unrealistic and peanut 4 percent and cbn issue tb and zero subscriptions they are force up raise rate ,manage inflations ....but now cbn is having a field day ....imaging get loans at 4 percent ...

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:34am On Jun 30, 2020
A retired civil servant, converted 4 of his 5 properties to hotels and event centres. He decided to do this based on his experience with problematic tenants.

Using a property for hospitality, fun and entertainment purposes ismore profitable than using it residential tenancy if the location is right..

No major income since the lockdown and may continue till the end of year.

That is one of the disadvantages of having a single stream of income.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:36am On Jun 30, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
If All rational investor refuse the unrealistic and peanut 4 percent and cbn issue tb and zero subscriptions they are force up raise rate ,manage inflations ....but now cbn is having a field day ....imaging get loans at 4 percent ...

At 4% Treasury Bill is now for savings and not for investment

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:37am On Jun 30, 2020
Due to inflation risk, devalution risk, uncontrolled pricing ..Ntb should be around 13 per cent now .......the cbn is crashing omo to 8 cos rational foreign investor has left or exiting......

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:37am On Jun 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

At 4% Treasury Bill is now for savings and not for investment
true
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:39am On Jun 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
A retired civil servant, converted 4 of his 5 properties to hotels and event centres. He decided to do this based on his experience with problematic tenants.

Using a property for hospitality, fun and entertainment purposes ismore profitable than using it residential tenancy if the location is right..

No major income since the lockdown and may continue till the end of year.

That is one of the disadvantages of having a single stream of income.
very true ....a closed friend imvested around 30 m for an event centre ....no income since February....

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:41am On Jun 30, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
very true ....a closed friend imvested around 30 m for an event centre ....no income since February....

Pastopreneurs are also complaining, except those who are well diversified.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Crownstar01: 9:47am On Jun 30, 2020
AdaoraNK:

How can you ban what you don't produce?
Secondly the market have to be competitive. Leaving Nigerians at the mercy of local pruducers will be hell on our economy as the government have no insight/program to regulate prices which will lead to hyper inflation e.g local rice was very cheap like 6 - 8 thousand Naira per bag when imported rice was not restricted. But when there was restriction to import rice, the local rice rose to 15k in less than 1 year. I think the law of demand and supply caused it. Meaning if we can not produce enough, we shouldn't ban importation of such commodities.

This is where government should come in, fix infrastructure, remove taxes and levies, empower people irrespective of your class or education and make access to loans stress free. (the China way).

There will be excess production and more to export and compete internationally with pricing and quality.

We can not depend only on fx from Dangote Refinery because demand for fx will still rise 300% soon in 2 - 3 years, we have a big market.

If you ban without encouraging local production, the policy will hurt back and never work.. Its like enforcing lock-down without providing palliatives.
Very intelligent post. Keep it up!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Leezah(f): 10:10am On Jun 30, 2020
Please, share o! it no longer funny.
emmanuelewumi:

Can you educate me on the various streams of income you have? It is advisable to have a minimum of 4 streams of income.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:16am On Jun 30, 2020
Imagine a young guy with no job fixing 1 million naira grant give by his uncle in t.b at 4 percent (earning 3,300 ) permonths and boy 2 setting up a nice barbing salon at 1m charging 400 per cut with average of 5 cleints faily (2k )......who is taking more risk of been poor .....the 4 percent guy of cause....thinking he playing safe by not taking any risk but in real sense he is risking poverty.....

18 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikjosh04: 10:34am On Jun 30, 2020
You're rare!! I'll keep taking calculated risks till I reach 60yrs.
Barrytone:

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:14am On Jun 30, 2020
Ikjosh04:
You're rare!! I'll keep taking calculated risks till I reach 60yrs.

It is very risky not to take calculated risk and become too comfortable in our comfort zones.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikjosh04: 11:33am On Jun 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

It is very risky not to take calculated risk and become too comfortable in our comfort zones.
Yes sir, i noticed since I came across this thread around the quarter of last year, I've become poorer(yes, i have preserved capital)
when I take risks, I loose money and I also gain but now...
Modified
I'm now financially/economically knowledgeable due to the thread but my people will say I have become stingy too cause I only spend when it's necessary.
My younger one's was like, I don't like you anymore.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 11:40am On Jun 30, 2020
Barrytone:

You have a very interesting world view I must say

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tvegas(m): 11:41am On Jun 30, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Imagine a young guy with no job fixing 1 million naira grant give by his uncle in t.b at 4 percent (earning 3,300 ) permonths and boy 2 setting up a nice barbing salon at 1m charging 400 per cut with average of 5 cleints faily (2k )......who is taking more risk of been poor .....the 4 percent guy of cause....thinking he playing safe by not taking any risk but in real sense he is risking poverty.....
That barbing salon can also land him in a loss making position via low patronage and expenses on diesel. The higher the risk the higher the return. Fixed income investments have low returns for a reason. Lets always bear that in mind.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1357) (1358) (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) (1363) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 228
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.