Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4452648 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1368) (1369) (1370) (1371) (1372) (1373) (1374) ... (2231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 8:46am On Jul 03, 2020
unite4real:

I have a friend who works in an international agency here in Nigeria, earning close to 1M monthly. He also has a farm that he is running successfully.

That's impressive.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nwokeomajayb: 8:49am On Jul 03, 2020
angry angry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 9:04am On Jul 03, 2020
Grupo:

Well. That's good.

Hope you have good backup plan. I mean something to fall back on? Maybe, rich family that can support financially in the event of loss.

Some of us are on our own, that's why we are often extremely careful.
That has already been in place

Are you into Farming also
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 9:04am On Jul 03, 2020
unite4real:

I have a friend who works in an international agency here in Nigeria, earning close to 1M monthly. He also has a farm that he is running successfully.
What aspect of Farming
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 9:05am On Jul 03, 2020
Nezzjnr:

That has already been in place

Are you into Farming also

Not into farming.

I don't have the physical strength for that.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 9:07am On Jul 03, 2020
Grupo:

Not into farming.

I don't have the physical strength for that.
You can be on ground and get Reliable workers

Then you inspect them
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nwokeomajayb: 9:32am On Jul 03, 2020
Weird

Grupo:

I suggest you try hard and get a job after graduating.

It's a bad idea to jump right into business after school.

Getting a stable job with a stable salary after school remains the best way to build capital everywhere in the world.

Having a job in a well structured organization will help you understand how corporate structure works. So that even if you want to start your own business later, you already have a lot of experience to leverage.

Also, you can use your experience to find another job if your business fails.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 9:45am On Jul 03, 2020
Nwokeomajayb:
Don’t say this outside to people they’ll laugh at you. Dumbest thing I heard this week Jesus Christ.

I wanted to ask him some questions like what if the person was already in business while in school but I decided to ignore to avoid argument and plenty shalaye.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 9:52am On Jul 03, 2020
Nwokeomajayb:
Weird

What's the weird about what I have said?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 9:56am On Jul 03, 2020
Theconglomerate:
I wanted to ask him some questions like what if the person was already in business while in school but I decided to ignore to avoid argument and plenty shalaye.

Business like smuggling fake wine into the country and passing it off as original?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 9:56am On Jul 03, 2020
Grupo:

What's the weird about what I have said?
Did Dangote,bill gates,Jeff Bezos,alhassan rabiu,Vincent obianodo,orju uzor kalu,obi Jackson,etc...raise money for their businesses from salary? undecided
Entrepreneurs would be entrepreneurs while some people are designed for corporate world.
Although some later become entrepreneurs by stealing ideas and contacts in their time in the corporate world,others are daring enough to go straight into business after formal education and they do succeed,infact most times they are the most succesful.
If you have been in good business,you will understand what I am saying.

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 9:57am On Jul 03, 2020
Grupo:

Business like smuggling fake wine into the country and passing it off as original?
undecided
Fake ke?lol.
If only you knew wink
New product/shipment coming to a store near you soonest tongue

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 10:00am On Jul 03, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Did Dangote,bill gates,Jeff Bezos,alhassan rabiu,Vincent obianodo,orju uzor kalu,obi Jackson,etc...raise money for their businesses from salary? undecided
Entrepreneurs would be entrepreneurs while some people are designed for corporate world.
Although some later become entrepreneurs by stealing ideas and contacts in their time in the corporate world,others are daring enough to go straight into business after former education and they do succeed,infact most times they are the most succesful.
If you have been in good business,you will understand what I am saying.
Lol. Always quick to mention Dangote and a few other exceptions.

Bezos is in America. Had rich parents.

Even if he didn't have rich parents, he had a lot of back up.

He could easily get a job in a fast food that will pay his bills until he's back on his feet.

In Nigeria, job at a fast food pays ₦10k a month which cannot even feed a child for two weeks.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 10:07am On Jul 03, 2020
Grupo:

Lol. Always quick to mention Dangote and a few other exceptions.

Bezos is in America. Had rich parents.

Even if he didn't have rich parents, he had a lot of back up.

He could easily get a job in a fast food that will pay his bills until he's back on his feet.

In Nigeria, job at a fast food pays ₦10k a month which cannot even feed a child for two weeks.
In the US,minimum wage cannot also take care of kids and one will barely survive.
Do you know how many entrepreneurs that don't even have any certificate and are doing so well that to pay some of your salaries will be cake walk? undecided
You want me not to call Dangote?bruv if I call some of the people I know in business you won't know them na,not that they don't exist.
They are in hundreds littered throughout PH,Aba,Onitsha,Alaba,lagos island,Vgc...etc..
Same way if you mention some average guy in corporate Nigeria earning and barely surviving on 300k a month that drives a 2010 corolla I won't know na.
But if you mention some CEOs now I might know.
Look entrepreneurs will be entrepreneurs,while workers will be workers.
I have respect for the 2 but an entrepreneur does not need to start from corporate world if he knows what he is doing.

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Paulfroshman: 10:14am On Jul 03, 2020
Olaide1295:
I sent $400 to India & in few seconds, the money is in his account. And they charged me N390/$.

Using Transferwise

Good day, which bank did you use and how did you add money to transfer wise. I'm finding it difficult over here. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:15am On Jul 03, 2020
Grupo:

I suggest you try hard and get a job after graduating.

It's a bad idea to jump right into business after school.

Getting a stable job with a stable salary after school remains the best way to build capital everywhere in the world.

Having a job in a well structured organization will help you understand how corporate structure works. So that even if you want to start your own business later, you already have a lot of experience to leverage.

Also, you can use your experience to find another job if your business fails.

I disagree with you.

The labour market is highly competitive, the number of graduates produced every year outnumber the available job.

It is better to pray for the best, plan for the worst and prepare to be surprised.

Those who start preparing for their entrepreneurial journey right from the University, usually do well for themselves 10 years after graduation

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:16am On Jul 03, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Have you seen his books?
Having a farm doesn't mean it is profitable or succesful.
How do you know his farming is successful? undecided
It is very difficult to run a profitable farm and combine it with a day job.

God bless you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:19am On Jul 03, 2020
unite4real:

He is a chartered accountant and if after 7 years of running a farm and it's not profitable, he would have abandoned it. He told me is making profits. I can't be asking him to prove it

After 7 years running a profitable side business, the business should be able to generate a minimum of 50% of his annual income. Meaning he should be able to make another N12 million per annum from that side hustle.

My mentor said if your side hustle starts giving you 50% of your income that is the right time to turn the side hustle to full time hustle.

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 10:26am On Jul 03, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Have you seen his books?
Same thing I was about to say

Farming can never be used as a side hustle

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 10:33am On Jul 03, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

After 7 years running a profitable side business, the business should be able to generate a minimum of 50% of his annual income. Meaning he should be able to make another N12 million from that side hustle.

My mentor said if your side hustle starts giving you 50% of your income that is the right time to turn the side hustle to full time hustle.

That's so true
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by barrydiv7: 10:36am On Jul 03, 2020
hollerbaby:

Stanbic wakes u up with the intrest 1st but they won't send alert just check ur mobile app balance .

In another news , So it has gotten to the extent that ordinary savings pays more intrest than treasury bills. Eegungun has finally entered express.
I noticed it too

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 10:49am On Jul 03, 2020
unite4real:

He is a chartered accountant and if after 7 years of running a farm and it's not profitable, he would have abandoned it. He told me is making profits. I can't be asking him to prove it
If Nestlè,GM and co that have a host of accountants and a full economic team still lose sometimes for 4 years in a row and still working,I wonder why your friend is bigger than loses just because he is an accountant.
You want him to abandon his farm because it isn't profitable after 7 years?
You think say business na yahoo yahoo abi wetin?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by leexey(m): 10:58am On Jul 03, 2020
Good morning house, I subscribed to the sukuk bond offered last through stanbic stockbroking and the payment was made into stanbic bank account, after I was notified of successful application, I requested for my offer and I was told to be patient but earlier this week on Tuesday to be precise I got an offer letter from them but bearing LOTUS capital letter heading, although I didn't have a cscs account as i was told it wasn't necessary. Anybody share thesame or I'm OYO.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 11:12am On Jul 03, 2020
This is just me thinking, can you receive your interest from GTB on the first and quickly move the funds to Firstbank and receive another interest on the 4th?

janga:

FirstBank will credit savings interest on 4th July 12am while Gtbank always credit as early as 1st june 12am. dont have idea about other Bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 11:13am On Jul 03, 2020
Theconglomerate:
If Nestlè,GM and co that have a host of accountants and a full economic team still lose sometimes for 4 years in a row and still working,I wonder why your friend is bigger than loses just because he is an accountant.
Did u read where I asked my friend to abandon his farm? I told you he is combining work and farming profitably.

I am not ready for arguments that will make forum members come and see 3 to 4 pages on this matter. I have rested my case. Anything you say now u are correct sir.

I am on a sideline on this thread and choosing what to read and where to benefit and what to contribute. No long arguments with me so that the thread doesn't bore readers

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 03, 2020
oneroflo57:

Ewooo!!!

Why do you feel so please??
If you don't mind sharing

Don't give your money to someone else to invest it for you.

You can do it yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by arduino: 11:23am On Jul 03, 2020
Theconglomerate:
LMAO!
There is a reason why most business men carry half plots for head irrespective of age. grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by purleesh(f): 11:49am On Jul 03, 2020
ojesymsym:
This is just me thinking, can you receive your interest from GTB on the first and quickly move the funds to Firstbank and receive another interest on the 4th?

grin

The 4th is only but a date you get credited for the previous period's accummulated interest

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 12:02pm On Jul 03, 2020
I greet you all financial guru in d house,
Today I received my monthly statement of account from stanbic stock-broker but my sukuk allotment is not showing on d report, it's just blank opening nd blank closing for d month of June. Is everything alright with this?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmaodet: 12:07pm On Jul 03, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Have you seen his books?

You are absolutely right bro.
This is what am facing too.
I guess you will have to leave one for one.
You will have to sacrifice your comfort for a life of uncharted territory.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 12:11pm On Jul 03, 2020
Is this because of the Nigerian factor of workers wanting to kill a person's business or more than that?
emmaodet:

You are absolutely right bro.
This is what am facing too.
I guess you will have to leave one for one.
You will have to sacrifice your comfort for a life of uncharted territory.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:11pm On Jul 03, 2020
Akerewe:
I greet you all financial guru in d house,
Today I received my monthly statement of account from stanbic stock-broker but my sukuk allotment is not showing on d report, it's just blank opening nd blank closing for d month of June. Is everything alright with this?

Sukuk won't show in your statement of account

(1) (2) (3) ... (1368) (1369) (1370) (1371) (1372) (1373) (1374) ... (2231) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.