Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,943 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4439380 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1405) (1406) (1407) (1408) (1409) (1410) (1411) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 14, 2020
paroh137:
Hello house. Please on what platform can one buy US shares from Nigeria? Thanks.
Try Chaka!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 14, 2020
Our NTB thread has gone in blazes and metamorphosed into a debating forum. It all good! The debates are good - weighty and hefty depositions.
Gracias!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2020
Phylife:
Our NTB thread has gone in blazes and metamorphosed into a debating forum. It all good! The debates are good - weighty and hefty depositions.
Gracias!

When will the last time you bought Treasury Bills,? I have not bought in 2020

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 2:43pm On Jul 14, 2020
Phylife:
Gracias!

Lol.
Given the current interest payable on NTBs, the thread has to be repurposed.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 2:53pm On Jul 14, 2020
Benzboys:
Wetin una get wen I want hustle? undecided
These guys got to be kidding grin grin grin
I am the last person to seek for capital or investment or whatever combine business from people,let alone strangers.
I just say my mind and bounce yet hungry people dey say I dey want hustle them.
I see some of your false tails and just smile smiley
Losers.

This is uncalled for

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 2:55pm On Jul 14, 2020
DexterousOne:

Even the supposed "high brow areas" in Nigeria's look like crap compared to high brow places elsewhere

What we call highbrow area is a disgrace

You really have not travelled round high brow areas in Nigeria or you have not visited any other high brow area apart from that of Nigeria. That may be why you made that statement.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Crazeworld(m): 2:55pm On Jul 14, 2020
topsquino:

I run a business, mind you

And I know how difficult it is to start a business in Nigeria.

You will agree with me that most times, workers that earn decent salaries perform well than those who earn peanuts.

I don't know why you create your own business.

Apart from making profit, part of my reasons is improving the welfare of my workers and reducing poverty.

I will rather shut down my business if I'm making profit but my workers' welfare is in jeopardy.

In my world, employees' welfare is more important than profitability.

I believe if my employees are happy my customers will be happy.

NOTE. I'm not talking about theory here. I've applied this principle in my line of business and it has always worked for me.

Even when I was helping my mum to sell textiles in idumota a few years ago, I applied this same principle and it worked.

An average employee in Nigeria believes employers are wicked, callous and insensitive to their welfare.

If many employers can improve the welfare of their workers in Nigeria, I'm sure the rate of dishonest workers will reduce and employers will reduce their cost of rehiring new workers.

May be you should try this and see the results.

It may not work all the time, but it works most of the times.
You have a point. I went for an interview last year as a sales attendant in a pharmacy. I actually saw the job post here on Nairaland. I was interviewed by a pharmacist there because the owner wasn't around. Before I left, the owner called the store's line via Whatsapp and talked individually with those of us that came for the interview.

I didn't take the job because the salary can only cover for my transportation and feeding. Which means nothing left for my upkeep. While leaving each one of us was given a thousand naira for transport. This singular act made me conclude the owner is someone that thinks about the welfare of others.

Some days after, I received a call from the owner. It was then l realized the man was living in Atlanta. He said he understood while I couldn't take the job as the pay wasn't much. And that's the reason why he needed someone living within the estate so they won't have to spend on transportation. He even offered to give me 2 months salary in advance if I'm interested in looking for a house nearby which I turned down.

He asked about what I thought about the set-up and how they can improve. I gave him my honest opinion that it's easy to steal something from the store without the security camera recording it. He admitted that the office Android phone was stolen a few days earlier by unknown customers and they're planning on protecting the store from theft. Our relationship ended there but I respected him for one thing - thinking about the welfare of his employees.

What I'm trying to bring out is that employees can only work for the interest of their employer only when they're assured their own interest is protected. If it isn't, they'll most likely look for dishonest means to meet up. It is what it is.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 2:58pm On Jul 14, 2020
Phylife:
Gracias!

NTB is done for now

That era of 15% and 13% is gone
We enjoyed it while it lasted

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 3:05pm On Jul 14, 2020
freeman67:

You really have not travelled round high brow areas in Nigeria or you have not visited any other high brow area apart from that of Nigeria. That may be why you made that statement.

I have travelled enough to know this as a fact

What we think are "highbrow areas" will pass for upper middle income neighbourhoods elsewhere

Have you been to highbrow areas of South Africa for example?

Compare it to the concrete jungles we have

It's just like every other thing associated with Nigeria

Mediocre

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 3:06pm On Jul 14, 2020
freeman67:

I haven't seen any so-called upscale areas in Lagos and Abuja that really deserve the appellation.
Ikoyi, for instance is basically a slum with indications of past grandeur and not worth the ridiculous prices given to its real estate. I've no words to describe Lekki Phase 1.

I'd take Cantonments in Accra or Westlands in Nairobi over any comparable places in Lagos or Abuja any day.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 3:09pm On Jul 14, 2020
freeman67:

Look at our supposed highbrow areas

No central sewage system

What of the drainage?

The list goes on.

Highbrow areas here need some upgrade
So that they meet the standard of what a highbrow area is elsewhere

Earmarking a portion of town, and inflating the prices to create the false sense of exclusivity does not make a place highbrow in the real sense of it

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 3:12pm On Jul 14, 2020
Cyberknight:

I haven't seen any upscale areas in Lagos and Abuja that really deserve the appellation.
Ikoyi, for instance is basically a slum with indications of past grandeur and not worth the ridiculous prices given to its real estate. I've no words to describe Lekki Phase 1.

Two years ago
I was opportune to meet up with someone in another country (wont mention the name, before it causes another argument here)

We were so happy to see each other

And we drove around town, as he was working in that city

What my eyes saw....
The serenity
The organisation

The town planning (the urban planners did a good job there, as opposed to the way our areas form, which is by sprawling )

Everything on point

No big gen
No overhead tanks
No need to carry gas cylinder

Wow shocked

Then I come back to Nigeria

And we will not hear word because of VI/Ikoyi

What we think are highbrow areas are just what I'll call "exclusive areas"

Or "expensive parts of town"

14 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jessysparkles(f): 3:16pm On Jul 14, 2020
Crazeworld:
You have a point. I went for an interview last year as a sales attendant in a pharmacy. I actually saw the job post here on Nairaland. I was interviewed by a pharmacist there because the owner wasn't around. Before I left, the owner called the store's line via Whatsapp and talked individually with those of us that came for the interview.

I didn't take the job because the salary can only cover for my transportation and feeding. Which means nothing left for my upkeep. While leaving each one of us was given a thousand naira for transport. This singular act made me conclude the owner is someone that thinks about the welfare of others.

Some days after, I received a call from the owner. It was then l realized the man was living in Atlanta. He said he understood while I couldn't take the job as the pay wasn't much. And that's the reason why he needed someone living within the estate so they won't have to spend on transportation. He even offered to give me 2 months salary in advance if I'm interested in looking for a house nearby which I turned down.

He asked about what I thought about the set-up and how they can improve. I gave him my honest opinion that it's easy to steal something from the store without the security camera recording it. He admitted that the office Android phone was stolen a few days earlier by unknown customers and they're planning on protecting the store from theft. Our relationship ended there but I respected him for one thing - thinking about the welfare of his employees.

What I'm trying to bring out is that employees can only work for the interest of their employer only when they're assured their own interest is protected. If it isn't, they'll most likely look for dishonest means to meet up. It is what it is.

From your last paragraph.... It all boils down to the individual. Even If you pay way above what is attainable, some employees will still be greedy while some whom you don't even have there interest can still be very honest with you while waiting for a better place.... Honesty is now very expensive as times are hard.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 3:24pm On Jul 14, 2020
DexterousOne:

Two years ago
I was opportune to meet up with someone in another country (wont mention the name, before it causes another argument here)

We were so happy to see each other

And we drove around town, as he was working in that city

What my eyes saw....
The serenity
The organisation

The town planning (the urban planners did a good job there, as opposed to the way our areas form, which is by sprawling )

Everything on point

No big gen
No overhead tanks
No need to carry gas cylinder

Wow shocked

Then I come back to Nigeria

And we will not hear word because of VI/Ikoyi

What we think are highbrow areas are just what I'll call "exclusive areas"

Or "expensive parts of town"

Or just "high-rent"; "upscale" doesn't even really apply to VI/Ikoyi at all.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 3:31pm On Jul 14, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
from healthseve to conglomerate to benz boy .....keep changing identity weldone we can spot your writing pattern from a million miles ....

Oversabi worry you here. I was about to say the same thing. Leopard never changes it spots. One line of argument forever. If people refuse to invest in agric business then that are not rich enough and all that...

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 3:50pm On Jul 14, 2020
Cyberknight:

Or just "high-rent"; "upscale" doesn't even really apply to VI/Ikoyi at all.

Lmao at high rent cheesy grin

When you see upscale areas in Los Angeles, New York, Dubai, Switzerland or Cape Town among others

You will know that indeed
That's upscale

Even upscale areas in Brazil are also "lit"
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 4:00pm On Jul 14, 2020
DexterousOne:

I have travelled enough to know this as a fact

What we think are "highbrow areas" will pass for upper middle income neighbourhoods elsewhere

Have you been to highbrow areas of South Africa for example?

Compare it to the concrete jungles we have

It's just like every other thing associated with Nigeria

Mediocre

For starters, in Abuja just look for the small area called Katampe Extension if the issue is central sewage system and drainage. You will likely not see any electric pole as it usually is in most places because of the underground electricity wiring. Power is not 24hrs but if compared to what's obtainable in Nigeria it is fair there.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:03pm On Jul 14, 2020
freeman67:

Oversabi worry you here. I was about to say the same thing. Leopard never changes it spots. One line of argument forever. If people refuse to invest in agric business then that are not rich enough and all that...
u need eagle eye to survive the red ocean

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 4:05pm On Jul 14, 2020
freeman67:

For starters, in Abuja just look for the small area called Katampe Extension if the issue is central sewage system and drainage. You will likely not see any electric pole as it usually is in most places because of the underground electricity wiring. Power is not 24hrs but if compared to what's obtainable in Nigeria it is fair there.

Another thing

Failed power supply system in most of the supposed "highbrow areas"

What of the layout?

Town planning?

Access and Exit routes?
Recreational areas

Does it obey the standard for delineation of residential from commercial?

On all these counts

They score F9

There need to be some upgrading
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 14, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
from healthseve to conglomerate to benz boy .....keep changing identity weldone we can spot your writing pattern from a million miles ....
We are watching closely! To mention few...he changes his monikers for some reasons but same
Personal text: They say I changed a lot,but I say a lot I saw on the way to my dreams changed me.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by niyoni: 4:19pm On Jul 14, 2020
Cyberknight:

I haven't seen any so-called upscale areas in Lagos and Abuja that really deserve the appellation.

I'd take Cantonments in Accra or Westlands in Nairobi over any comparable places in Lagos or Abuja any day.

Very well said. Especially the so-called Ikoyi and Lekki phase 1. Littered with over-priced properties. Buy those properties for investment/appreciation purposes at your own peril. Just like buying over-priced stocks. The bubble will burst someday.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by niyoni: 4:21pm On Jul 14, 2020
DexterousOne:

Look at our supposed highbrow areas

No central sewage system

What of the drainage?

The list goes on.

Highbrow areas here need some upgrade
So that they meet the standard of what a highbrow area is elsewhere

Earmarking a portion of town, and inflating the prices to create the false sense of exclusivity does not make a place highbrow in the real sense of it

Exactly.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Benzboys(m): 4:25pm On Jul 14, 2020
niyoni:

Very well said. Especially the so-called Ikoyi and Lekki phase 1. Littered with over-priced properties. Buy those properties for investment/appreciation purposes at your own peril. Just like buying over-priced stocks. The bubble will burst someday.
The bubble will burst someday weh dem dey talk since 2010 still the bubble never burst.
People are making some kind of money these days in this country and the middle class is growing,so it's no wonder these houses keep appreciating.
I also like the UK type homes(semi detached) they are building around lagos for the lower middle class.

Atleast it is no longer impossible for a person that makes 5m a year to own a home in Lagos middle class areas.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SirBen90: 4:28pm On Jul 14, 2020
DexterousOne:

Another thing

Failed power supply system in most of the supposed "highbrow areas"

What of the layout?

Town planning?

Access and Exit routes?
Recreational areas

Does it obey the standard for delineation of residential from commercial?

On all these counts

They score F9

There need to be some upgrading

If small rain fall for Lekki, men go begin dae cry. See flood grin. G-wagon don soak water grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:30pm On Jul 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

When will the last time you bought Treasury Bills,? I have not bought in 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2020
SirBen90:

If small rain fall for Lekki, men go begin dae cry. See flood grin. G-wagon don soak water grin

Supposed highbrow area o

Some parts even have nonexistent drains

Na to buy land build concrete mass na im we sabi
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2020
Benzboys:
The bubble will burst someday weh dem dey talk since 2010 still the bubble never burst.
People are making some kind of money these days in this country and the middle class is growing,so it's no wonder these houses keep appreciating.
I also like the UK type homes(semi detached) they are building around lagos for the lower middle class.

Atleast it is no longer impossible for a person that makes 5m a year to own a home in Lagos middle class areas.

People bought into the bubbles and have not seen major capital appreciation in the last 5 years.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2020
Benzboys:

Iam also impressed by them. Very portable. Not all these big big duplex all over the place with high price. We waste space a lot in this part of the world.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Benzboys(m): 4:36pm On Jul 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

People bought into the bubbles and have not seen major capital appreciation in the last 5 years.
Can you prove this?
Person weh buy for ikorodu dey wait for appreciation in a 5 year waiting period is dreaming.
Tell us more about the trend in real estate in central lagos cos that is where I was talking about.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:39pm On Jul 14, 2020
Benzboys:
Can you prove this?
Person weh buy for ikorodu dey wait for appreciation in a 5 year waiting period is dreaming.
Tell us more about the trend in real estate in central lagos cos that is where I was talking about.

Talking about the high end of the property market.

N58 million houses at Ikota 5 years ago is struggling to get a buyer for N60 million in 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Benzboys(m): 4:43pm On Jul 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Talking about the high end of the property market.

N58 million houses at Ikota 5 years ago is struggling to get a buyer for N60 million in 2020
What kind of house?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1405) (1406) (1407) (1408) (1409) (1410) (1411) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Mrluv(m), jedisco(m), talk2tonie and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.