Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4437708 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1407) (1408) (1409) (1410) (1411) (1412) (1413) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 15, 2020
Is this forum no longer a treasury bill section. Moderator could you remove some post here.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 9:24am On Jul 15, 2020
Tbills don cast, make we dey use the forum rub mind until Tbills bounce back..
Mapple90:
Is this forum no longer a treasury bill section. Moderator could you remove some post here.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:27am On Jul 15, 2020
Mapple90:

How can I buy Treasury Bills? What is the current rate for Treasury Bills? Between fixed deposit and Treasury Bills, what will you recommend for me?

I need your urgent reply and advise.

Thank you very much.

14 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 15, 2020
Benzboys:

apartment 1.7m
Semi detached mini duplex 2.8m
Fully detached duplex 5-7m depending on finish and location.
Mansion...Bleep shocked

So annual rental roi about 3.7 to 4 percent?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:34am On Jul 15, 2020
Mapple90:

Interest on savings is now higher than TBs. So what else do you want discussed on TBs?.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 15, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

How can I buy Treasury Bills? What is the current rate for Treasury Bills? Between fixed deposit and Treasury Bills, what will you recommend for me?

I need your urgent reply and advise.

Thank you very much.

Do i know!!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 15, 2020
NL1960:

Interest on savings is now higher than TBs. So what else do you want discussed on TBs?.

Sorry guys, i don't know its no longer viable. What are the current savings rate please?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Benzboys(m): 9:41am On Jul 15, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

So annual rental roi about 3.7 to 4 percent?
7-8%
Plus property value appreciation.
Win-win...

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluwaleokey: 9:45am On Jul 15, 2020
Mapple90:

Na Who wan put sand sand for our garri self

Moderator kindly remove this moniker biko!
He has not paid his dues...

Your first post here, you dey query our oga dem plus dey report dem join... for your information sir, we moderate ourselves here...

You don't know what you are missing if you ain't here... you go see n hear things that would pay far beyond TB...

Relax, make yourself comfortable and thank me later...

28 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 15, 2020
oluwaleokey:

Na Who wan put sand sand for our garri self

Moderator kindly remove this moniker biko!
He has not paid his dues...

Your first post here, you dey query our oga dem plus dey report dem join... for your information sir, we moderate ourselves here...

You don't know what you are missing if you ain't here... you go see n hear things that would pay far beyond TB...

Relax, make yourself comfortable and thank me later...

Lol, apologies, abeg give me the info.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 15, 2020
Benzboys:
7-8%
Plus property value appreciation.
Win-win...

Not a good investment in my view far too much capital for a pittance 8 percent that's not guaranteed.

Besides people who can afford 5 to 7 million rent usually don't rent for long periods because they can access a property themselves.

I'd rather put that into stock's for 100 percent gains.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Benzboys(m): 10:03am On Jul 15, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Not a good investment in my view far too much capital for a pittance 8 percent that's not guaranteed.

In addition people who can afford 5 to 7 million rent usually don't rent for long periods because they can access a property themselves.

Since weh you start to buy stocks for 100% gains,you suppose dey talk of buying a sujimoto home on Banana island by now like Davido ooo cheesy
People weh dey make 100% gains on a daily on their businesses or investments,we know where they are so don't sweat it trying to convince me on anything(which I don't even care to know).
You no go buy house for Island,yet developers still they build and people with real money,not internet money still dey buy and Ronald chagoury still dey build.
So what makes you think you not buying is going to change anything? undecided
I heard eko pearl is almost full and the chagoury brothers dey almost complete Azuri towers,people with money are still going to buy and internet analysts will keep analysing nonsense while ballers go continue to ball... grin grin
Nwanne ego dikwa mkpa.
Chagoury brothers,one of the largest developers on the country are building yet some people weh fit never see money for pap this morning think they are smarter than them and a whole chagoury is living in a bubble grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 10:12am On Jul 15, 2020
Sir, please stop engaging that guy. It is always messy.
Nigsrdumb:

Besides people who can afford 5 to 7 million rent usually don't rent for long periods because they can access a property themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:18am On Jul 15, 2020
Benzboys:
Since weh you start to buy stocks for 100% gains,you suppose dey talk of buying a sujimoto home on Banana island by now like Davido ooo cheesy
People weh dey make 100% gains on a daily on their businesses or investments,we know where they are so don't sweat it trying to convince me on anything(which I don't even care to know).
You no go buy house for Island,yet developers still they build and people with real money,not internet money still dey buy and Ronald chagoury still dey build.
I heard eko pearl is almost full and the chagoury brothers dey almost complete Azuri towers,people with money are still going to buy and internet analysts will keep analysing nonsense while ballers go continue to ball... grin grin
Nwanne ego dikwa mkpa.
Chagoury brothers,one of the largest developers on the country are building yet some people weh fit never see money for pap this morning think they are smarter than them and a whole chagoury is living in a bubble grin grin grin

Chagoury family have been making money in Nigeria for the past 50 years, they are the landlord of Total Oil head office, owner of Eko Hotel which produces tens of millions of Naira everyday and the major promoters of Eko Atlantic City.

They have the staying power and cash flow to survive the bubble, they didn't buy the bubble, they bought at a discount, created value, sold at a huge premium and benefitted from the bubbles they created.

When Chairman of Seplat Dr Orjiakorr was trapped due to bank debts, he tried converting his Eko Atlantic City property to cash eventhough he was yet to get the capital appreciation but could not until he sold part of his shares to raise almost N20 billion

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:19am On Jul 15, 2020
Mapple90:

Sorry guys, i don't know its no longer viable. What are the current savings rate please?

Some banks do minimum of 30% of MPR.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Benzboys(m): 10:25am On Jul 15, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Chagoury family have been making money in Nigeria for the past 50 years, they are the landlord of Total Oil head office, owner of Eko Hotel which produces tens of millions of Naira everyday and the major promoters of Eko Atlantic City.

They have the staying power and cash flow to survive the bubble, they didn't buy the bubble, they bought at a discount, created value, sold at a huge premium and benefitted from the bubbles they created.

How they made their money is not my concern.
However a person who created a bubble willingly and knowingly doesn't own a part of that bubble because he knows it will burst someday.
What they do is create and sell outrightly,unless he wants to be a part of the losers when the bubble burst.
But in Chagoury group's case,they own a lot of properties for lease purposes.
So are you saying the Chagoury's are stupid?
Besides all real estate gets value because of the value humans attach to it,Its not like it's some divine power that give property value.
Ibeju lekki is what it is today because dangote chose to put his refinery there for his reasons,hence people know real estate will be needed there and demand for land increased and price skyrocketed,is that also a bubble?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:28am On Jul 15, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

When Chairman of Seplat Dr Orjiakorr was trapped due to bank debts, he tried converting his Eko Atlantic City property to cash eventhough he was yet to get the capital appreciation but could not until he sold part of his shares to raise almost N20 billion

oga any time i enter that total office and look the other by ocenic view resturant...it blow my mind

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Benzboys(m): 10:30am On Jul 15, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Yes,because it isn't completed yet and has little to no value.
No one will want to buy such property that has little to no income yet.These are longterm investments.
So I am sure the seplat guy is smarter than wanting a property in a developing environment(still under construction) to appreciate in record time,so I'm guessing this is another fabricated story to suit some imaginary narrative or that seplat guy is not smart and I wouldn't want to believe a person at the helm of affairs at seplat is dumb.
Even to sell those kind of properties for its cost price will be very very hard undecided
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:30am On Jul 15, 2020
Lapo raised 6 bn

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 15, 2020
NL1960:

Some banks do minimum of 30% of MPR.

Could you give me the list of the banks, thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 15, 2020
Benzboys:
Nwanne ego dikwa mkpa.

You are correct the chagoury brother's are building eko Atlantic for mega return's. Im sure your average Nigerian can rent those overpriced Properties.

Your mumu no be today. You better go and drink your daily ogogoro for a brain resset. grin

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:45am On Jul 15, 2020
Benzboys:
How they made their money is not my concern.
However a person who created a bubble willingly and knowingly doesn't own a part of that bubble because he knows it will burst someday.
What they do is create and sell outrightly,unless he wants to be a part of the losers when the bubble burst.
But in Chagoury group's case,they own a lot of properties for lease purposes.
So are you saying the Chagoury's are stupid?
Besides all real estate gets value because of the value humans attach to it,Its not like it's some divine power that give property value.
Ibeju lekki is what it is today because dangote chose to put his refinery there for his reasons,hence people know real estate will be needed there and demand for land increased and price skyrocketed,is that also a bubble?

The creator of a bubble does not have to sell all his holdings, they make huge profit from the percentage they sold.

A promoter can buy 100 plots for N1 billion, uses another N1billion to get documentation from government and marketing expenses of the property. The promoter decides to sell the capital appreciation story and was able fix a price of N50 million per plots

He decides to sell 95 plots, pocketing a total of N4.75 billion. Making a profit of N2.75 billion from his initial investment of N2 billion.

He can decide to use this profit of N2.75 billion to develop an Investment property on the 5 plots of land which can give him a rental income of between N300 million to N350 million per annum

Three or four years time the promoter may decide to buy the land of distressed Investors at N40 million or thereabout when the bubble burst, because he has a cash flow

That is why informed Investors first of all focus on the cash flow from their investments before thinking of capital appreciation. Capital appreciation should be secondary.

If asked to choose between an investment of N1 million that will give a minimum cash flow of 100k per annum, and another investment of N1 million that doesn't give any cash flow but may give a capital appreciation of N2 million in the next 5 years.

I will go for the investment currently giving a cash flow

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:50am On Jul 15, 2020
Benzboys:
Yes,because it isn't completed yet and has little to no value.
No one will want to buy such property that has little to no income yet.These are longterm investments.
So I am sure the seplat guy is smarter than wanting a property in a developing environment(still under construction) to appreciate in record time,so I'm guessing this is another fabricated story to suit some imaginary narrative or that seplat guy is not smart and I wouldn't want to believe a person at the helm of affairs at seplat is dumb.
Even to sell those kind of properties for its cost price will be very very hard undecided

Liquidity is key, they have been on the issue for about 4 years. They even had a court case of the debt. The bank was not ready to seize the property, but was only interested in their money.
He could easily raise the funds by selling his Seplat shares on the London Stock exchange and Lagos Stock exchange. The sale was concluded within 4 weeks towards the end of 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 11:01am On Jul 15, 2020
Mapple90:

Could you give me the list of the banks, thank you.

Call any bank or call your bank to find out the rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Benzboys(m): 11:13am On Jul 15, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

The creator of a bubble does not have to sell all his holdings, they make huge profit from the percentage they sold.

A promoter can buy 100 plots for N1 billion, uses another N1billion to get documentation from government and marketing expenses of the property. The promoter decides to sell the capital appreciation story and was able fix a price of N50 million per plots

He decides to sell 95 plots, pocketing a total of N4.75 billion. Making a profit of N2.75 billion from his initial investment of N2 billion.

He can decide to use this profit of N2.75 billion to develop an Investment property on the 5 plots of land which can give him a rental income of between N350 million to N400 million per annum

Three or four years time the promoter may decide to buy the land of distressed Investors at N40 million or thereabout when the bubble burst, because he has a cash flow

That is why informed Investors first of all focus on the cash flow from their investments before thinking of capital appreciation. Capital appreciation should be secondary.

If asked to choose between an investment of N1 million that will give a minimum cash flow of 100k per annum, and another investment of N1 million that doesn't give any cash flow but may give a capital appreciation of N2 million in the next 5 years.

I will go for the investment currently giving a cash flow
Chagoury group is not your regular omonile.
They own properties running into hundreds of millions of dollars.
No one that created a bubble will want to own that and lose over $100m when the bubble burst.No one!
Besides,people that sell capital appreciation crap stories don't have land worth 50m a plot.They usually own piece of shit lands located on the bank of river Niger and their clients are poor peasants.
You cannot deceive someone that has made 50m naira geninuely to buy your rubbish land,impossible !!
He knows everything so that was a very bad example.
One fool took me to one forest before I travelled to sell me one nonsense for 3m, since he dey disturb my phone,sending all sorts of whatsapp messages and I read and don't respond willingly.
This was 3m,imagine 50m land undecided
You cannot fool a rich person never!!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluwaleokey: 11:15am On Jul 15, 2020
Mapple90:

Lol, apologies, abeg give me the info.

Ehen! Now you are talking...(business)
Info dey for fire, e remain small, e go soon done...
Cheers padiman
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Benzboys(m): 11:18am On Jul 15, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Liquidity is key, they have been on the issue for about 4 years. They even had a court case of the debt. The bank was not ready to seize the property, but was only interested in their money.
He could easily raise the funds by selling his Seplat shares on the London Stock exchange and Lagos Stock exchange. The sale was concluded within 4 weeks towards the end of 2019
When the property hits its peak,watch as buyers will be rushing...
Liquidity is key doesn't apply to prime real estate.
If you put up PH mall for sale I'm sure you'll get buyers today.
Bank doesn't want it because it's still rubbish,not that real estate is bad.
Come back after 20years when Eko atlantic must have hit its sufficient capacity and see how people will be killing each other to buy existing properties.
Property business is not for people weh never get money,if you are still building wealtg you can do your businesses or whatever.
Property is for odogwus or very smart poor people with foresight.
It still remains one of the best and safest businesses in the world.

Enough said

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 1millionBoys: 11:20am On Jul 15, 2020
My Tbills of 10m will mature in a few days'. In the absence of what to do with it, I am thinking of opening a Domiciliary account and putting it there at least to cushion the effects of further naira devaluation/ depreciation.

What do you think?

And which bank is best for domiciliary accounts.

Cc
Ahiboilandgas
Emmanuelewumi
Fairfora

Sholapey
Benzboys

Etc

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:21am On Jul 15, 2020
1millionBoys:
My Tbills of 10m will mature in a few days'. In the absence of what to do with it, I am thinking of opening a dorm account and putting it there at least to cushion the effects of further naira devaluation/ depreciation.

What do you think?

And which bank is best for dorm accounts.

Cc
Ahiboilandgas
Emmanuelewumi
Fairfora

Sholapey
Benzboys

Etc

i hope u are not getting dollars at black markets rate of 445

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:45am On Jul 15, 2020
Benzboys:
When the property hits its peak,watch as buyers will be rushing...
Liquidity is key doesn't apply to prime real estate.
If you put up PH mall for sale I'm sure you'll get buyers today.
Bank doesn't want it because it's still rubbish,not that real estate is bad.
Come back after 20years when Eko atlantic must have hit its sufficient capacity and see how people will be killing each other to buy existing properties.
Property business is not for people weh never get money,if you are still building wealtg you can do your businesses or whatever.
Property is for odogwus or very smart poor people with foresight.
It still remains one of the best and safest businesses in the world.

Enough said

20 years is long enough to get returns on an investment, especially an income generating and capital appreciating asset.

Provided you did not over pay for the investment, a meagre return of 12% on a N10 million bond would have compounded to over N98 million in 20 years, now imagine investments in businesses or Investments that have a compounded annual growth rate of 17% and above.

Currently a plot of land sells for between $1.7 million and $2 million at Eko Atlantic City

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Benzboys(m): 11:53am On Jul 15, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

20 years is long enough to get returns on an investment, especially an income generating and capital appreciating asset.

Provided you did not over pay for the investment, a meagre return of 12% on a N10 million bond would have compounded to over N98 million in 20 years, now imagine investments in businesses or Investments that have a compounded annual growth rate of 17% and above.
Where you want see fixed income that will pay you 17% PA? undecided
I don't like to imagine,I like reality.
Also,when eko atlantic city is at full functional capacity,the capital appreciation will be alarming so much so that your compounding whatever will look like trash.
How much did it cost to build the burj-Dubai?
Do you know its income generating value now?
Imagine putting that up for sale? lipsrsealed
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 1millionBoys: 11:55am On Jul 15, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
i hope u are not getting dollars at black markets rate of 445

Will dollars fall below that?

Again, can't I buy from banks and give bank naira?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1407) (1408) (1409) (1410) (1411) (1412) (1413) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.