Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1417) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4439244 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1414) (1415) (1416) (1417) (1418) (1419) (1420) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fineguy11(m): 7:23am On Jul 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Inflation up to 12.6 , forex uncertainty, naira devalutions....but cbn is lowering interest rates .....against all know economic priciple and not supported by any new economic principle

.......tb/omo is suppose to be at 14 to squezz out funds from the system to force prices down
I don't think our inflation is liquidity induced..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Benzboys(m): 7:28am On Jul 18, 2020
fineguy11:
I don't think our inflation is liquidity induced..
It is.
That naira that is used to chase dollars and over inflate its pricing for speculative purposes wouldn't be there in the first place if liquidity was tied down by the cbn.
So if debt instruments were still sound,a lot of people won't be liquid enough to even speculate in the fx markets in the first place.
You go get naira before you buy dollar na.
So yeah,liquidity is a determinant for inflation,though indirectly in Nigeria's case.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fineguy11(m): 7:34am On Jul 18, 2020
Benzboys:
It is.
That naira that is used to chase dollars and over inflate its pricing for speculative purposes wouldn't be there in the first place if liquidity was tied down by the cbn.
So if debt instruments were still sound,a lot of people won't be liquid enough to even speculate in the fx markets in the first place.
You go get naira before you buy dollar na.
So yeah,liquidity is a determinant for inflation,though indirectly in Nigeria's case.
I get your point now.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 9:31am On Jul 18, 2020
*Copied* .

Dare and Halima Studied Engineering at a University in Niger State. They were both Classmates and after Five years of Studying hard, they both graduated. After graduation, Fate took them through different paths of life.

5 Years later, Halima after much frustration of securing a job, ended up as a Secretary in a Building firm earning 50,000 Naira monthly.

Meanwhile, Dare on the other hand, couldn't Secure a Job and ended up a Taxi Driver, He makes At least 5,000 daily and if he works for only 20 days in a month, He makes 100,000 Naira that month.

One Evening, Halima closed from work and was at the bus stop waiting for taxi when Dare stopped. She hopped in when she discovered the taxi was going her way but little did she know it was Dare. All through the journey, she was lost in her Phone.

She reached her bus Stop and after alighting, just when she was about paying, she took a look at the driver and their eyes met, wow! They were both happy.

"Is this you?" they both asked themselves simultaneously as if they planned it. Halima gave him money but Dare insisted she keep it. He was happy to see her and for old time sake, he left the money for her even when she insisted that she wanted to pay. They both exchanged contact and left.

Well, Halima went home that night and was lost in thought. Not as if Dare was looking bad but Dare driving Taxi? She couldn't wrap her head around it. She Pitied him. Felt Sorry for him. If Dare had allowed her she would have paid him and beg him to keep the change.

Little did she know that, Dare actually has another Taxi running for him, He is a Land owner and he is planning on developing it soon. But because he was driving a Taxi, She felt Pity for him.

On the other hand, Dare felt sorry for himself too. Before he slept that night, he remembered Halima, how neatly she dressed and nice she smells, "She must be earning over 300,000 Naira per month" he said to himself. He felt ashamed, He felt like a failure and he felt she was way ahead of him financially and otherwise.

Little did he know that, If Halima removes the transportation fare and feeding money from her monthly salary, it will take her at least 3 Months to earn what he earns monthly.

Sadly, this could be some of our reality, you measure your progress and success with that of your friends, Classmates and Relatives even with very limited information you have about them.

You think yours is worse because you look dirtier, you think yours is worse because you are not on Corporate wears, you think yours is worse because the other person acts and looks Nicer.

*Stay Focused and Face your life. It's not a competition. Stop Comparing things, you don't have the full picture. Every one is running on his own lane. Be content* .

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 9:45am On Jul 18, 2020
TB was in full blast in 2016 when the dollar was running away, so low TB rates is not the cause of present USD rate.
fineguy11:
I get your point now.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LegitBitcoinBuy(m): 12:23pm On Jul 18, 2020
What’s your take ?

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by shalomblue: 2:57pm On Jul 18, 2020
Sanusi actually said in an interview that he made tbill high so money bags would not speculate against fx.
There's a link between tbill rate and fx. Most of us on this platform changed our matured tbill to usd

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mindtricks: 3:26pm On Jul 18, 2020
ukay2:
*Copied* .

Dare and Halima Studied Engineering at a University in Niger State. They were both Classmates and after Five years of Studying hard, they both graduated. After graduation, Fate took them through different paths of life.

5 Years later, Halima after much frustration of securing a job, ended up as a Secretary in a Building firm earning 50,000 Naira monthly.

Meanwhile, Dare on the other hand, couldn't Secure a Job and ended up a Taxi Driver, He makes At least 5,000 daily and if he works for only 20 days in a month, He makes 100,000 Naira that month.

One Evening, Halima closed from work and was at the bus stop waiting for taxi when Dare stopped. She hopped in when she discovered the taxi was going her way but little did she know it was Dare. All through the journey, she was lost in her Phone.

She reached her bus Stop and after alighting, just when she was about paying, she took a look at the driver and their eyes met, wow! They were both happy.

"Is this you?" they both asked themselves simultaneously as if they planned it. Halima gave him money but Dare insisted she keep it. He was happy to see her and for old time sake, he left the money for her even when she insisted that she wanted to pay. They both exchanged contact and left.

Well, Halima went home that night and was lost in thought. Not as if Dare was looking bad but Dare driving Taxi? She couldn't wrap her head around it. She Pitied him. Felt Sorry for him. If Dare had allowed her she would have paid him and beg him to keep the change.

Little did she know that, Dare actually has another Taxi running for him, He is a Land owner and he is planning on developing it soon. But because he was driving a Taxi, She felt Pity for him.

On the other hand, Dare felt sorry for himself too. Before he slept that night, he remembered Halima, how neatly she dressed and nice she smells, "She must be earning over 300,000 Naira per month" he said to himself. He felt ashamed, He felt like a failure and he felt she was way ahead of him financially and otherwise.

Little did he know that, If Halima removes the transportation fare and feeding money from her monthly salary, it will take her at least 3 Months to earn what he earns monthly.

Sadly, this could be some of our reality, you measure your progress and success with that of your friends, Classmates and Relatives even with very limited information you have about them.

You think yours is worse because you look dirtier, you think yours is worse because you are not on Corporate wears, you think yours is worse because the other person acts and looks Nicer.

*Stay Focused and Face your life. It's not a competition. Stop Comparing things, you don't have the full picture. Every one is running on his own lane. Be content* .

Makes a lot of sense.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 4:02pm On Jul 18, 2020
shalomblue:
Sanusi actually said in an interview that he made tbill high so money bags would not speculate against fx.
There's a link between tbill rate and fx. Most of us on this platform changed our matured tbill to usd

Hmmm...quite true.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vacanci: 5:25pm On Jul 18, 2020
For the sake of correspondences, the 2 monikers below are same person.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by heavenisreal18: 5:44pm On Jul 18, 2020
My husband is having 2m fixed deposit, the bank was given him 0.5, since January.

What low risk investment can you suggest, his bank suggested opening a premium account that it will yield something substantial.

Great investors pls advice on what to do
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:20pm On Jul 18, 2020
vacanci:
busted

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phraences: 6:28pm On Jul 18, 2020
vacanci:

Na wa. Nothing person no go see.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nwokeomajayb: 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2020
No offence mate, but can I ask you exactly what you’re trying to achieve here? You said busted not like the username is demanding anything from you. What is wrong with you people? Last time I checked having multiple accounts and name changed is not conflicting anything here neither has it been against the rules.

Focus on adding more zeroes to your account and leave the username alone. The username has every right to be whoever he wants to be.

vacanci:

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 7:26pm On Jul 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
which do u intend to buy

Will be going for the least tenure, 5 or ten years. I believe they have three auction dates, should I miss the first auction, I can go for the August auction? Is there anyone in the house that have successfully purchased FG bonds before not saving bond ?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 7:38pm On Jul 18, 2020
100USD daily limits and 500USD Maximum monthly limit from naira MasterCard? Wow

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2020
Akin3891:

Will be going for the least tenure, 5 or ten years. I believe they have three auction dates, should I miss the first auction, I can go for the August auction? Is there anyone in the house that have successfully purchased FG bonds before not saving bond ?

I would like to know too..

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2020
Akin3891:

the shortest tenure will have low rate ....target the new issue

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by talk2tonie: 7:49pm On Jul 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

Bro, I have been thinking what % to bid for this new offer.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 18, 2020
Always have and know when more money is useless to you as a person. Stop chasing excess money and building refinery at old age for the sake of profit. You can build for sake of humanity but definitely not more profit at a certain age. Life is short and must be enjoyed. The life circle is funny, we are getting back to where we came from and we have limited time. Use it to benefit your self. At a certain age, go to sleep and enjoy your hustle, don't hustle at old age except you failed to do that during your first half. Every hustle during your second half reduces your lifespan.

43 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 8:00pm On Jul 18, 2020
Barrytone:
Always have and know when more money is useless to you as a person. Stop chasing excess money and building refinery at old age for the sake of profit. You can build for sake of humanity but definitely not more profit at a certain age. Life is short and must be enjoyed. The life circle is funny, we are getting back to where we came from and we have limited time. Use it to benefit your self. At a certain age, go to sleep and enjoy your hustle, don't hustle at old age except you failed to do that during your first half. Every hustle during your second half reduces your lifespan.
1000 likes

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 8:00pm On Jul 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

I think the new issue I can see there is 25 years for 12.98. The bonds for 5 or 10 years attracts 12.5, not too much difference. Also, can one bid higher or lower that the stipulated rates?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 8:03pm On Jul 18, 2020
talk2tonie:

Bro, I have been thinking what % to bid for this new offer.

Have you buy this type of bond before? Must one have a cscs account before purchase? Banks seem to have little understanding regarding this

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by talk2tonie: 8:28pm On Jul 18, 2020
Akin3891:

Have you buy this type of bond before? Must one have a cscs account before purchase? Banks seem to have little understanding regarding this

I bought the last sukuk bond using my cscs account, so I intend to use same cscs account for the Fgn bond. You may contact a stock broking firm to open a cscs account for you just incase your bank says it is compulsory.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 8:38pm On Jul 18, 2020
Abiloilandgas i beg help as regards, fgn bonds.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:08pm On Jul 18, 2020
Akin3891:

I think the new issue I can see there is 25 years for 12.98. The bonds for 5 or 10 years attracts 12.5, not too much difference. Also, can one bid higher or lower that the stipulated rates?
check well they are reopening...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:10pm On Jul 18, 2020
Akin3891:

it has been sold already so u pay a premiums for it
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Benzboys(m): 9:39pm On Jul 18, 2020
vacanci:
I don't know when I ever asked anybody to give me any money for whatever investment or so...
So when you say busted,what do you mean?
This same energy weh you dey put for my matter,shey you know if you had put it in your life,you would atleast be able to afford a proper phone,not this china made you are using? undecided
No dey find person weh no dey find you oo,enough said.
I am not in any clique nor have any friends here,not here to please anybody or solicit for funds from anyone or look for business.
I used my very early youth to learn everything I need to succeed,so I won't come here and ask for ways to make money from people I don't know or from alleged internet tycoons who might be the opposite in real life ,let alone peasant fixed income.
I'm just here to pretty much discuss,that's about it so how I do my things shouldn't be your business.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 10:18pm On Jul 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
it has been sold already so u pay a premiums for it

Oh I can see that, but how can one know the true yields for the 10 years bond ? I don't think I can subscribe to a 25 years bond with just 12.98, inflation will definitely eat deep before then.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 10:27pm On Jul 18, 2020
talk2tonie:

I bought the last sukuk bond using my cscs account, so I intend to use same cscs account for the Fgn bond. You may contact a stock broking firm to open a cscs account for you just incase your bank says it is compulsory. However, I don’t think it is compulsory.

Thanks. Which of the tenures are you going for and what % do you have in mind to bid for? Are u buying through the bank or stock broking firms, I contacted fbnquest but they couldn't help out, was told that thier bonds start from 200m

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 11:15pm On Jul 18, 2020
Barrytone:
I wish our Politicians can see this

(1) (2) (3) ... (1414) (1415) (1416) (1417) (1418) (1419) (1420) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.