Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4447733 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1436) (1437) (1438) (1439) (1440) (1441) (1442) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 11:58am On Jul 24, 2020
NL1960:

I saw a post somewhere that somebody staked 960k for Aston Villa vs Arsenal match hoping to win 1.9m. Arsenal now lost. Na so the 960k just take lost. That person will now come and say country is hard. cheesy cheesy

Imagine that
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Bro today's Nigerian youths are lazier than your average black American.

In fact u copy the worst of them.

Betting , drugs, degeneracy has become the order of the day .

There's no political consciousness or any movement to change things yet you think you're better than the black American who fought an oppressive force for hundreds of years.

Plus why do you feel so entitled to oyinbos lands?

They see u how u see urselfs and want none of it.

You have a point tho

A case of pot calling kettle black
How any African thinks he is better off than a typical African American is what beats me. undecided
They have their serious problems (by product of Jim Crow plus War on Drugs plus mass incarceration plus slavery plus red lining plus credit discrimination etc)

But despite the challenges
At least they could build Black Wall Street and the other one at Rosewood (or is it GreenWood)
It was burnt to the ground by some jealous white supremacists (in 1921) but at least it's on record that they were able to build an eco system that great.

Mr African/Nigerian
Sixty years after independence, what have you been able to build? $Hitholes every where, open defecation everywhere disjointed streets, no value addition, nothing
At least black Americans ran their hbcu very well and produced some of the greatest minds ever in black society (even many founding fathers of african countries went to HBCUs like Nkrumah for example) African/Nigerians ran their own universities to the ground

Africans need a dose of reality and stop that self delusion that u are better than anyone
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 12:52pm On Jul 24, 2020
Nwokeomajayb:
Race struggle is everywhere Mr historian. It’s all about economy and it’ll never stop. Most job positions in Nigeria are given to the Hausas and Yorubas. Because we had history and we ignored to see that Mr historian.

Nigerian travelled to America the black American folks will try to intimidate you by calling you dirty African. All because most of them thinks speaking proper English gives them edge to disintegrate others. They forgot na person grand papa sold there grand papa and mama to the westerners to make more money. I don’t know how the past generations ran the communities, but for me migrating from Africa to America Mr historian I am baba nla. wink

Slavery business has been deriving incentives way back before black were caught on chains. Yes, we know the history and what can we do to change it? Infiltrate that job and do it way better than others. Get the money and you’ll control the west the way you want.

Mr historian you see I know about the history. No more chains doesn’t mean the fight is over and it’ll never be. Economy will kill us all grin

I do not know much about other areas of your discussions but the part bolded is not true. Lots of the whites do not speak proper as much let alone the blacks. Yes being there overtime gave them the accents but if you look through the Queen's English as we know, we should be better. That does not translate to any form of development and achievement anyway.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2020
freeman67:

I do not know much about other areas of your discussions but the part bolded is not true. Lots of the whites do not speak proper as much let alone the blacks. Yes being there overtime gave them the accents but if you look through the Queen's English as we know, we should be better. That does not translate to any form of development and achievement anyway.

Even what you bolded

You no see the bad grammar wey im wan blow there grin

"Denigrate" turned to "Disintegrate" tongue cheesy grin

That said
You are very right
The americans being the rebels that they are
Want to always speak different, and not proper english
They have however used their media to push their way of speaking globally, so much so that even here in Lagos, I heard a whole chartered accountant working with one of the big four speaking "I ain't got no time for......" lipsrsealed

The power of media lipsrsealed
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by konklushun(f): 1:34pm On Jul 24, 2020
XiaoLi:
Update

FGN bond coming up on the 22nd July...3 bonds are re opening while 1 is New issue. Below is the details:

N25,000,000,000 - 12.50% FGN JAN 2026 (10-Yr Re-opening)*
N35,000,000,000 - 12.50% FGN MAR 2035 (15-Yr Re-opening)*
N35,000,000,000 - FGN JUL 2045 (25-Yr New Issue)*
N35,000,000,000 - 12.98% FGN MAR 2050 (30-Yr Re-opening)*

Yield should be around 8-9% for the new issue.

Any investor investing 100M can exit at any time.

Please how do I subscribe for the upcoming bond? I want to use ARM but I do not have an account with them yet?

Can I open an account online or I have to visit their physical office?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nwokeomajayb: 1:57pm On Jul 24, 2020
Both words are quite different with similar meaning. Check the words up before you slander someone else. You see I used slander which is synonym of denigrate.

Likes of Martin Luther king and so; fought a good fight. I respect that but where are the children now? A Nigerian will travel to America in 2 to 3 yrs he will be doing great far more than most black American citizens.

Most black Americans doesn’t want to do anything. If you can’t be somebody in America leave the damn country to another place simple

Few of them are miserable and decided not be educated. It’s all about quick cash. They live rich and die broke, which is mostly black people thing.

DexterousOne:

Even what you bolded

You no see the bad grammar wey im wan blow there grin

"Denigrate" turned to "Disintegrate" tongue cheesy grin

That said
You are very right
The americans being the rebels that they are
Want to always speak different, and not proper english
They have however used their media to push their way of speaking globally, so much so that even here in Lagos, I heard a whole chartered accountant working with one of the big four speaking "I ain't got no time for......" lipsrsealed

The power of media lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:59pm On Jul 24, 2020
CsRockefeller:

He thinks we all wake up here and the first thing we do is to take ogogoro and play draft from morning till night.

When Govt decided to take their funds off the banks to d TSA what happened? Didn't the Banks lay off staff?

It's very easy for Govt to kill any private sector, just one policy and that's it.

Or perhaps, he wants us to build space shuttles like Elon Musk and co. Too many people and talk, when it's time to act they can't do shit.
So is taking Ogogoro bad or what? angry

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 2:00pm On Jul 24, 2020
Nigerian Youths are not lazy, the issue is that there are less opportunties, I can tell you that if there are opportunities in Nigeria the youths will do wonders, have you seen a manufacturing company in Lagos employing casual workers with peanut salary and how the place will be over crowded to the extent that some will not mind sleeping by the road side just to be the first in the que the next day to get the job?...
Nigsrdumb:

Bro today's Nigerian youths are lazier than your average black American.

In fact u copy the worst of them.

Betting , drugs, degeneracy has become the order of the day .

There's no political consciousness or any movement to change things yet you think you're better than the black American who fought an oppressive force for hundreds of years.

Plus why do you feel so entitled to oyinbos lands?

They see u how u see urselfs and want none of it.

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nwokeomajayb: 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2020
Pls i no need gossip. Go to country and you’ll see for yourself. They undermine Africans badly
freeman67:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 2:13pm On Jul 24, 2020
Hmmm..auction has ended..
konklushun:

Please how do I subscribe for the upcoming bond? I want to use ARM but I do not have an account with them yet?

Can I open an account online or I have to visit their physical office?

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nwokeomajayb: 2:16pm On Jul 24, 2020
Talk to them.

XiaoLi:
Nigerian Youths are not lazy, the issue is that there are less opportunties, I can tell you that if there are opportunities in Nigeria the youths will do wonders, have you seen a manufacturing company in Lagos employing casual workers with peanut salary and how the place will be over crowded to the extent that some will not mind sleeping by the road side just to be the first in the que the next day to get the job?...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:21pm On Jul 24, 2020
Nwokeomajayb:
Both words are quite different with similar meaning. Check the words up before you slander someone else. You see I used slander which is synonym of denigrate.

Likes of Martin Luther king and so; fought a good fight. I respect that but where are the children now? A Nigerian will travel to America in 2 to 3 yrs he will be doing great far more than most black American citizens.

Most black Americans doesn’t want to do anything. If you can’t be somebody in America leave the damn country to another place simple

Few of them are miserable and decided not be educated. It’s all about quick cash. They live rich and die broke, which is mostly black people thing.

I have asked my classmates in the US several times why this is so. The black Americans keep complaining of years of slavery that was abolished several years ago. The Jews came there and prospered. The Italians came there and prospered. The Asians came there and prospered. Now the Latinos who can barely speak any word of English are now coming and also prospering. Instead of being challenged by all these, they keep blaming Africans that sold their ancestors to slavery centuries ago and also the whites that bought them as slaves. Meanwhile, they have opportunities there with access to free education. Instead na fast bucks through drugs, prostitution and crime they want to be doing.

14 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 2:26pm On Jul 24, 2020
Nwokeomajayb:

You all are still missing the point

Just like many Africans I talk to.
Its very difficult to understand their plight
Especially as an african
South Africans get it
Because they are victims of similar draconian policies
So they understand it

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 2:28pm On Jul 24, 2020
NL1960:

I have asked my classmates in the US several times why this is so. The black Americans keep complaining of years of slavery that was abolished several years ago. The Jews came there and prospered. The Italians came there and prospered. The Asians came there and prospered. Now the Latinos who can barely speak any word of English are now coming and also prospering. Instead of being challenged by all these, they keep blaming Africans that sold their ancestors to slavery centuries ago and also the whites that bought them as slaves. Meanwhile, they have opportunities there with access to free education. Instead na fast bucks through drugs, prostitution and crime they want to be doing.

Did any of these groups you listed suffer slavery for 200 + years, suffer jim crow after being set free for another 100 years, and mass incarceration and war on drugs after civil rights were finally put in place to end Jim Crow?
Not to talk of red lining, credit discrimination and other issues that they faced?

I'm telling you this
If Nigerians went through the same
Our society would even be worse than theirs.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 2:32pm On Jul 24, 2020
Now this does not mean that the black American is excused 100%

But you need to factor in all these things
To understand it better

To succeed in life, you need to be in a certain psychological state of mind
The system is designed in such a way that it puts them in perpetual tail spin.

They need all the encouragement and psychological help they can get, and by the way, many many many black Americans despite all odds broke free
But it took a lot of hard work and effort that other groups would not need to put

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:33pm On Jul 24, 2020
DexterousOne:

Did any of these groups you listed suffer slavery for 200 + years, suffer jim crow after being set free for another 100 years, and mass incarceration and war on drugs after civil rights were finally put in place to end Jim Crow?
Not to talk of red lining, credit discrimination and other issues that they faced?

I'm telling you this
If Nigerians went through the same
Our society would even be worse than theirs.

These were years ago. Are the present generation still suffering all these you mentioned?. They need to come out of that metal block and strapped their boots on like others. America is a capitalist society.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by einsteine(m): 2:34pm On Jul 24, 2020
Nwokeomajayb:

This is an apples to oranges comparison.

It is just like saying Lebanese and Indians who travel to Nigeria do better than the citizens. Immigrant class are always incentivized to succeed more than natives. African Americans still remain the richest black people in the world on the basis of GDP per capita

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 2:43pm On Jul 24, 2020
NL1960:

These were years ago. Are the present generation still suffering all these you mentioned?. They need to come out of that metal block and strapped their boots on like others. America is a capitalist society.

Its till tomorrow
The effects are still there

One can only strap his boots if he has boots

And for many many African Americans
They have no boots

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by einsteine(m): 2:48pm On Jul 24, 2020
Donbrig:
Lol, nice to know you are the frugal type. I thought you might have challenges managing money and other vital things in life, if you cannot manage a small space to write and pass your message across... Thanks for your understanding. I was just baffled with the way you consumed space here..

I actually prefer how he spaces his posts, though he should use more sentences per paragraph. Most people here write huge blocks of text and one has to skip their post.

Space is free
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 5:11pm On Jul 24, 2020
Bro even with all the opportunities in canada some Nigerians are into Yahoo yahoo, so many of them are in jail. Some are doing healthcare work minimum wage, i respect that hustle better than doing 419. But for how long till them become 60years when arthritis and cold don blast their brain.

The choice to migrate is for an individual to make. The consequences or the benefits thereof is yours. There is no family here all man for himself. Their is no brother i beg borrow me 200 dollars i go give u month end, nahhhh. Some come and become successful, some have sad stories to tell.

The choice is yours but like i said if you can not swim in a small pool, bros even with life-jack for Ocean person fit drown.

Then again u are in a society that is full of racism and racial slurs made against you knowingly or unknowingly .

I like dexterousOne spacing, e be like say him just finish MBA for oxford university.

XiaoLi:

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SMJay: 5:14pm On Jul 24, 2020
NL1960:

Iam a fan of the missionary schools especially catholic schools. If you are interested in that, pm me and i will give you a list. You can indicate your state of preference.
Sir, why not state it here?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by budaatum: 5:17pm On Jul 24, 2020
XiaoLi:
Nigerian Youths are not lazy, the issue is that there are less opportunties, I can tell you that if there are opportunities in Nigeria the youths will do wonders....
I would say an inability to create opportunities is the exact definition of lazy. It takes more to create opportunities and do wonders after all, than to simply take advantage of opportunities that already exist.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SMJay: 5:19pm On Jul 24, 2020
missjekyll:

I recommend the book ''Roots" for you. it's not for the faint of heart. it's also 700 pages. it changed me.
I find it amazing that African Americans have turned out as well as they have done considering the unspeakable degradations they have undergone. it speaks to the resilience of the human spirit.
sir, can you recommend where I can download the soft copy?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SMJay: 5:22pm On Jul 24, 2020
CsRockefeller:
So because a few are engaged in betting, fraud, prostitution and drugs you then sum all the youths in your factlesss and baseless study?

Have you been to all.the 774 LGAs? All d 109 senatorial districts? All the 36 states and the FCT? All the Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education?

Thank you. It will be fair to say Nigerian Youths, rather say "some" Nigerian Youths. I work extremely hard for my money done some business and got burnt very badly lost money did youwin. It not been easy on us youths.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 5:29pm On Jul 24, 2020
missjekyll:

I recommend the book ''Roots" for you. it's not for the faint of heart. it's also 700 pages. it changed me.
I find it amazing that African Americans have turned out as well as they have done considering the unspeakable degradations they have undergone. it speaks to the resilience of the human spirit.

The book is a good start

Further research also helps
The American state is a hypocritical state
Trump being the dumb person he is has revealed the underbelly of America
That not much has changed since 1861 -1865.

The fight for equality continues for blacks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by speak2lift: 5:42pm On Jul 24, 2020
I dont have a problem with the way you space your writings though. I do that in my emails at work cause wen too many words are jumbled together, I usually skip a lot.

And I do enjoy the perspective you usually come from.

DexterousOne:

Wow

I'm hearing this for the first time

The spacing is to ensure clarity
On the other hand
Muddling up a post is what I consider clumsy

But then
We are all different and not the same
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lionhearted: 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2020
SMJay:
sir, can you recommend where I can download the soft copy?

Here,

http://93.174.95.29/main/E1EEAD69686DD2862D57531D470AB0CA

Click on "GET"

Enjoy.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2020
NL1960:

You get what you focus on, if you focus on excuses you will get tonnes of them, if you focus on opportunities you will get a lot of them

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:47pm On Jul 24, 2020
einsteine:

This is an apples to oranges comparison.

It is just like saying Lebanese and Indians who travel to Nigeria do better than the citizens. Immigrant class are always incentivized to succeed more than natives. African Americans still remain the richest black people in the world on the basis of GDP per capita

Are you sure if compared with that of Nigerian Americans
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SirBen90: 6:00pm On Jul 24, 2020
I think the gross majority of people on this thread are highly intelligent, though some throw too many insults, which is immature and should be stopped.

I like the fact that we have capable persons here who genuinely want the progress of Nigeria and her youths, as opposed to heaping insults on them day and night.

It is therefore right that we should collectively assist the youth in any way we can, after we have criticised their untowardness.

Have you taken in a lost youth as your ward?

Have U helped a jobless graduate secure a good job?

Have you taken a youth as an apprentice to learn a skill?

Have you told a youth not to be too eager to get rich quickly?

Have you taught a youth about the dangers of cultism and prostitution?

I think we should adopt a "hands on approach" in creating the "Nigeria of our dreams".

Some say that, the true mark of a billionaire, is his ability to create other millionaires. The same should go for a successful person. As a successful person or an office holder, or an experienced businessman, or a politician, how many persons have you helped to start their own journey to success? how many have you assisted with seed capital to start their own business? how many have you wiped the the tears from their face?

In 20years from now, how many people can beat their chest and say "if not for this man suffer for don kill me". How many will attribute their success to your handiwork? Or do you want a situation whereby 20 years form now, we will still be complaining about the decadence of the Nigerian society?

Good Evening.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Satoshi2019: 6:26pm On Jul 24, 2020
Soon this thread will be renamed LIFE THREAD or rather INSIDE LIFE THREAD. Welldone everyone

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1436) (1437) (1438) (1439) (1440) (1441) (1442) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.